Tech Industry Innovators Come Together at CES Asia 2017
The third annual CES Asia 2017 kicks off tomorrow in Shanghai, China, with leading technology powerhouses and innovative startups showcasing how their products are changing the world for the better. With more than 450 exhibitors from 22 countries, regions and territories, CES Asia is the only show in the Asian market that showcases the full spectrum of technology across 19 product categories. CES Asia is a carefully curated event focused on featuring the most innovative and exciting technology the industry has to offer, providing an unparalleled platform for companies looking to enter the Asian market. Owned and produced by Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia 2017 will take place June 7-9 in Shanghai, China.
Here are a few things not to be missed at CES Asia 2017:
New and Expanded Show Floor
- Five halls of exhibit space, an increase from four in 2016
- Leading brands like BYD, Hyundai, NEVS and Honda showcasing latest in vehicle technology
- Expanded firsthand self-driving experience from BMW, Continental and Baidu’s Intelligent Driving Group
- Startup Park featuring over 75 startups from 10 countries, regions and territories around the world led by major tech hubs, including Zhanghiang Hi-Tech Park (ZJ Park), La French Tech, KNU Start-up & Entrepreneurship Foundation, Holland Innovation Network Shenzhen Valley Ventures, and Tuoniao
- Startup Stage (SNIEC, Hall N4), a new dedicated stage showcasing a flash pitch competition by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and presentations from startup group organizers
- Brand new CES Asia Innovation Awards featuring the top tech products across all 19 categories
Brand New Product Categories
- Augmented/Virtual Reality, led by industry giants Carl Zeiss and DreamWorld USA
- Drones, featuring top exhibitors such as Digital China Group, Mota Group and YUNEEC
- Internet of Things (IoT), including market leaders Garmin, Haier, igloohome, JD.com and Tencent
Dynamic Conference Programming Highlighting Top Industry Experts
- Huawei Opening Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Wan Biao, COO, will present Huawei’s strategic vision and industry outlook for how to build a better intelligent terminal ecosystem (Wednesday, June 7, 9:30 – 11 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Microsoft Keynote Address, featuring VPs Peter Han and Rodney Clark, will lay out Microsoft’s vision for “building the possible” (Wednesday, June 7, 4-5 PM, Kerry Hotel, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Baidu Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Gu Weihao, GM of Baidu Intelligent Vehicle Division, will discuss Baidu’s “Apollo Plan” where Baidu will provide an open, complete and reliable software platform for the automotive and autonomous driving industry (Thursday, June 8, 9:30-10:30 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- JD.com Keynote Address, featuring Zhang Chen, CTO, and Dr. Li Kefeng, VP, will be a discussion on how JD.com is leveraging artificial intelligence, smart devices, augmented/virtual reality and big data to make e-commerce smarter and more interconnected (Thursday, June 8, 4-5 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Entertainment Keynote: Featuring Le Vision Pictures, with Zhang Zhao, chairman and CEO, Le Vision Pictures, and Adam Goodman, president, Le Vision Entertainment who will share their experiences, insights and strategies around the business of film and media (Thursday, June 8, 1:30-2:15 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Sports Business Innovation: Tech Disruption in Sports, featuring executives from all facets of the sports industry, including NBA China’s CEO David Shoemaker (Wednesday, June 7, 11:15 AM – 12 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Pudong 5-6)
- Last Gadget Standing Competition presenting a chance to see the most cutting edge products in action, live on the N5 stage, and in a special paparazzi immersion experience (Wednesday, June 7, 11-12 PM, SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
- Robots on the Runway , a one-of-a-kind event featuring cutting edge robotics walking the runway (Wednesday, June 7, 2-3 PM, and Thursday, June 8,10-11 AM SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
CES Asia 2017 –
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
CES Unveiled Amsterdam
October 26, Amsterdam, Netherlands
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
BIOCORP: Marketing Partnership on Mallya with iSage Rx in the Field of Digital Diabetes19.2.2020 17:00:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory News: BIOCORP (Paris:ALCOR) (FR0012788065 - ALCOR / Eligible PEA PME), a French company specialized in the development and manufacturing of medical devices and smart drug delivery systems, today announced an alliance with US-based iSage Rx, LLC., a digital therapeutics company, focused on insulin dose optimization. In detail, the two companies are committed to integrating their respective technologies to simplify insulin dose capture and optimization. The integration of Mallya (a CE-marked connected device dedicated to insulin pens) into the iSage app (a clinically validated insulin titration platform cleared by the FDA) should enable patients with type 2 diabetes to simplify their insulin management. This will allow patients with diabetes to seamlessly capture, record, and store information about their insulin injections and while receiving automated guidance on how to adjust their insulin dose overtime ("titration"). Ryan Sysko, President and CEO of Amalgam Rx, Inc, said:
New Phase 3b Interim Data from STARDUST Study Show Two-Thirds of Patients with Moderately to Severely Active Crohn’s Disease Achieved Clinical Remission After Two Doses of STELARA® (ustekinumab)14.2.2020 07:00:00 CET | Press release
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced interim data from the Phase 3b STARDUST study. At week 16, 79 percent of patients with moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease (CD) achieved clinical responsea and 67 percent were in clinical remissionb after receiving one ~6 mg/kg intravenous (IV) dose followed by one 90 mg subcutaneous (SC) dose of STELARA® (ustekinumab), open label.1 Intestinal ultrasound (IUS) responses were assessed and were detected as early as week 4.2 Week 16 data (digital oral presentation or DOP 13) and IUS response data (DOP 10) from STARDUST are being presented as part of a digital oral presentation at the 15th Congress of the European Crohn’s & Colitis Organisation (ECCO).1,2 The primary endpoint of the 48-week STARDUST study is comparative endoscopic responsec among adult patients with CD receiving ustekinumab maintenance therapy.3 At week 16, patients who achieved a ≥70 point decrease in Crohn’s Disease Activity Index scored
Edwards Launches New Compact Dry Vacuum Pump With the Highest Pumping Density on the Market13.2.2020 13:07:00 CET | Press release
Edwards launch the new nXRi high performance compact dry pump, with lower input power and zero maintenance, bringing real performance improvements and cost benefits across a range of applications. Initial variants will provide pumping speeds of either 60 and 90 m3h-1 , four times more pumping speed than a similar sized dry pump. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200213005447/en/ Edward nXRi Compact Dry Vacuum Pump (Photo: Business Wire) Designed with size in mind, the compact footprint and height allow the Edwards nXRi dry pump to fit easily under a benchtop saving valuable space in the laboratory; and at under 30kg offers a highly mobile vacuum pump for changing work flows and environments. The pump is maintenance free for up to five years, with no tip-seal or oil change, for maximum uptime and reduced maintenance costs. The nXRi's 40% smaller footprint, compared to alternative dry pumps, assures seamless integ
Interactive Brokers Launches Bond Scanner to Help Investors Find the Best Pricing on Wide Range of Fixed Income Products12.2.2020 15:00:00 CET | Press release
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) today announced it has created a Bond Scanner to help make finding the best prices on bonds easier and more transparent for clients and non-clients alike. “We believe we offer the lowest bond prices available. Investors should visit our Bond Scanner at ibkr.com/bonds, filter for bonds of interest, and then call their broker to compare,” said Steven Sanders, EVP of Marketing and Product Development at Interactive Brokers. “Clients benefit from our aggregation of price quotes from multiple electronic venues and institutional dealers,” he added. “We do not widen spreads nor are there hidden fees or markups. While some companies charge a large, hidden markup, we charge extremely low, transparent commissions. IBKR clients may provide liquidity to bond markets and improve pricing by entering their own pending orders into the book.” In addition to ultra-low, transparent pricing, the company offers a huge selection of fixed income products, includ
ADVA tackles GNSS jamming and spoofing with market’s first intelligent assurance solution11.2.2020 08:00:00 CET | Press release
ADVA (FSE: ADV) today launched the industry’s first centralized GNSS monitoring and assurance tool. Using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) for comprehensive predictive maintenance, it addresses the key concerns of GNSS users around the globe. The new customer-owned tool enables users to collect and analyze huge amounts of information from across the network to remotely identify issues and protect networks from GNSS vulnerabilities, including jamming and spoofing attacks. It also helps to identify GNSS obstruction issues, detect blind/poor spots that appear over time and enable optimal antenna positioning. Built into ADVA’s Ensemble Controller network management suite with Sync Director, the solution enables customers to detect potential problems in advance, maintain the highest quality of network synchronization and significantly reduce opex. By complementing today’s limited distributed approach to GNSS assurance with a centralized-global system, it offers a major
Light Up the Future with Posiflex at EuroShop 202011.2.2020 02:12:00 CET | Press release
The Posiflex Group, a synergy of world-leading POS, kiosk, and industrial computing technologies — will bring its Serviced IoT solutions to EuroShop 2020, the leading Europe trade fair for the retail industry, from February 16th – 20th at Hall6/A57 in Düsseldorf. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200210005879/en/ Mini Kiosk - Mercury EK-Series (Photo: Business Wire) Nowadays, the ways of retail have been fundamentally changed. Retailers are experiencing unparalleled disruption and are facing new challenges with fierce competition and consumer demands. To aid retailers to stay ahead of the curve, Posiflex POS solutions help retailers to become an integral part of the future retail by offering machines with advanced capabilities, such as rotating screens, various OS platform support, hands-on cable management, and ease of service. Posiflex’s new Android version of MT-Series (Mobile POS), RT-Series (POS terminal),