RoboSense Releases the Latest Version of its Sensor Evaluation System for Autonomous Driving
RoboSense LiDAR (https://robosense.ai/) today released the latest version of the ground truth data system and evaluation tool chain RS-Reference 2.1, used for LiDARs and multi-sensor fusion systems performance evaluation. The original RS-Reference version was launched in the market in 2016, when the automotive-grade MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1 project was established. Used by global OEMs and Tier1s, the system has been continuously improved and upgraded with more efficient and useful evaluation function modules and software tool chains.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210209005689/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
While the evaluation function modules can be liked to an exam, the ground truth data is the "answer" for the evaluation of the perception system. Therefore, the accuracy of ground truth data must be significantly higher than the device under test (DuT) in all aspects including detection performance and geometric error.
The ground truth data, usually stored in the PB-Level, includes dynamic information such as obstacle types, speeds, and locations, and static information such as lane lines and road boundaries.
Data labeling quality and data generation efficiency are the key factors to ground truth data.
- The RS-Reference system provides a set of ground truth data generation and evaluation solutions, and outputs detection performance and geometric error indicators with a labeling efficiency close to 1:1. This is significantly more accurate than real-time perception, manual labeling and traditional labeling tools.
- High performance and mature sensor data collection system: the RS-Reference system contains the RoboSense 128-beam LiDAR RS-Ruby, Leopard camera, Continental 408 millimeter-wave radar, GI-6695 RTK, and two added RoboSense RS-Bpearl LiDAR for near-field blind spots in the 2.1 version.
- Detached roof-mounted deployment without vehicle body modification: the RS-Reference system adapts to different vehicle sizes, does not occupy the sensor installation position of the DuTs, and directly evaluates the intelligent driving system that is consistent with the sensor sets of commercial vehicles.
- Vastly improved/accumulated perception algorithm and offline processing mechanism: The algorithm is key to smart labeling instead of manual labeling, and is responsible for the extraction of ground truth data. The RS-Reference system uses a customized and dedicated offline perception algorithm, which is the product of RoboSense’s 13+ years’ of accumulated experience of LiDAR sensing algorithm technology. It performs a “full life process tracking and identification" for each obstacle data, and extracts all ground truth data from each frame. The RS-Reference system can pick up speed and acceleration labeling, and accurately delineate the size of the labeling frame through comprehensive shape and size information. The system is also capable of accurately dividing obstacles that are in close proximity to each other in complex scenes.
- Full-stack evaluation tool chain: it includes data collection tools, sensor calibration tools, visualization tools, manual verification tools, evaluation tools, etc. The 2.1 version upgrades the data management platform and adds the scene semantic labeling function that serves every step of the evaluation process.
- Individual sensor evaluation in the multi-sensor fusion system: not only can the RS-Reference system evaluate the result of intelligent driving's perception fusion, but it can also provide targeted solutions based on the features of different types of sensors such as LiDAR, millimeter wave radar, and camera. Dedicated or customized tool modules can be developed according to customer needs for further in-depth analysis of the performance of the sensing system.
- Extended application value of the RS-Reference: includes planning and control algorithm development support, which is able to generate massive ground truth data to build simulation scenes, and can evaluate road-side perception systems.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Colicity Inc. Announces Closing of $345 Million Initial Public Offering26.2.2021 23:00:00 CET | Press release
Colicity Inc. (the “Company”) announced the closing today of its initial public offering of 34,500,000 units, including the underwriters’ exercise of their full over-allotment option for 4,500,000 units, at a price of $10.00 per unit. The units are listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ) and began trading under the ticker symbol “COLIU” on February 24, 2021. Each unit consists of one Class A share and one-fifth of one redeemable warrant, with each whole warrant exercisable to purchase one Class A share at a price of $11.50 per share. Only whole warrants will be exercisable. Once the securities comprising the units begin separate trading, the Class A shares and warrants are expected to be listed on the NASDAQ under the symbols “COLI” and “COLIW,” respectively. Colicity Inc. is a blank check company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses. The Company int
C3 AI and Baker Hughes to Provide Enterprise AI Solutions to Accelerate PETRONAS Digital Transformation Program26.2.2021 15:00:00 CET | Press release
C3 AI (NYSE: AI) and Baker Hughes today announced an artificial intelligence (AI) collaboration with PETRONAS, a global energy and solutions company from Malaysia, to apply BakerHughesC3.ai (BHC3) technology across PETRONAS’s strategic digital transformation programs. As the custodian of Malaysia's national oil and gas resources, PETRONAS runs an extensive digital transformation program across energy operations to extract value from data. The adoption of AI as part of its overall program for improved oil and gas productivity, asset integrity, and safety supports PETRONAS’s commitment to provide clean, efficient energy solutions by harnessing the power of technology. PETRONAS will work with energy technology, data science, and AI experts at Baker Hughes and C3 AI to collaborate on projects focused on improved reliability of energy assets in critical operations. Utilizing Microsoft Azure, PETRONAS will deploy the BHC3™ Reliability application to further improve maintenance programs for g
Avania in Position for Next Stage of Growth26.2.2021 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Avania, a leading global full-service contract research organization (CRO) focused on medical technology (MedTech) development, today announced that it has successfully refinanced its existing banking facilities with Crescent Capital Group. “This new banking facility allows us to accelerate our next phase of organic and acquisitive growth over the next few years,” said Edo van Houten, CFO of Avania. “This transaction is also a reflection of the progress we have made in our brand strategy and position in the market, and it demonstrates the confidence of the financial community in our operational and strategic plan.” Avania has navigated confidently through the COVID-19 pandemic, posting a strong year of growth in 2020 despite the pandemic. The company will continue its growth trajectory as a global MedTech-focused CRO, supporting products from concept through post-market support. MedTech is all Avania does, navigating innovative medical technologies to market effectively and efficiently
Ipsen Receives Positive CHMP Opinion Recommending Cabometyx ® in Combination With Opdivo ® as First-line Treatment for Patients Living With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma26.2.2021 12:37:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has recommended approval for Cabometyx® (cabozantinib) in combination with Bristol Myers Squibb’s Opdivo® (nivolumab) for the first-line treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (aRCC). The European Commission, which has the authority to approve medicines for the European Union (E.U.), will now review the CHMP recommendation and a final decision on the application in the E.U. is expected in the coming months. “Advanced renal cell carcinoma is a disease that significantly impacts the lives of people around the world. We’re proud to be able to share that the CHMP has confirmed a positive recommendation for Cabometyx® in combination with Opdivo®, bringing this impactful new treatment option one step closer for patients,” said Howard Mayer, Executive Vice President and Head of Research and Development, Ipsen. “At Ipsen, w
Hiro Capital Leads $15 Million of Games VC Investment Into Snowprint Studios, Double Loop Games and Happy Volcano Games26.2.2021 09:55:00 CET | Press release
Three international video game studios are the latest investments for Hiro Capital, the entrepreneur-led Venture Capital fund focused on backing innovators in Video Games, the Metaverse, Esports and Digital Fitness. The three mobile and cross-platform studios – Snowprint in Stockholm/Berlin, Double Loop Games in San Francisco and Happy Volcano in Belgium – will use Hiro’s investment to expand their development pipelines and accelerate global growth. They join UK and US Games studios Flavourworks, Polyarc and Lightfox in the Hiro Capital portfolio, alongside pioneers in the gamification of Games Streaming and Digital Fitness LIV.tv, Edgegap,FitXR and Nurvv. Ian Livingstone, co-founding partner at Hiro Capital, said, "We are excited to begin 2021 by announcing Hiro's investment in three amazing games studios, Snowprint, Double Loop and Happy Volcano. Each studio has demonstrated innovation and expertise in developing fun to play games which resonate with today’s audiences. I’m especially
Inspur Information Releases 2020 Global Computing Index Report26.2.2021 09:07:00 CET | Press release
Inspur Information, a leading IT infrastructure solutions provider, has sponsored an International Data Corporation (IDC) white paper on the 2020 Global Computing Index (henceforth referred to as The Report). As the world’s first index report on computing, The Report unveils the relationship between computing power and economic development and serves as a reference for the outlook of the global digital economy. Global digital transformation has entered a phase marked by exponential growth in innovation, with the size of the digital economy projected to continue on an upward trend. As a key factor that underlies digital technology development, computing is now defining the productivity of the digital economy era. According to The Report, economic growth directly correlates with the development of computing—one point of growth in the computing index translates to a 3.3‰ rise in the size of the digital economy and a 1.8‰ growth in GDP. Specifically, AI computing market share is projected
Incyte Announces the Validation by the European Medicines Agency of its Marketing Authorization Application for Retifanlimab as a Treatment for Patients with Squamous Cell Anal Carcinoma (SCAC)26.2.2021 09:00:00 CET | Press release
Incyte (Nasdaq:INCY) today announced the validation of the Company’s Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for retifanlimab, an intravenous PD-1 inhibitor, as a potential treatment for adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic squamous cell anal carcinoma (SCAC) who have progressed on, or who are intolerant of, platinum-based chemotherapy. The European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) validation of the MAA confirms that the submission is sufficiently complete to begin the formal review process. “While the incidence of SCAC is increasing in Europe, treatment options for advanced disease are limited in their effectiveness, and there are no approved options once patients have progressed on standard therapy,” said Lance Leopold, M.D., Group Vice President, Immuno-Oncology Clinical Development, Incyte. “The EMA validation of the MAA for retifanlimab – which follows the recent U.S. Food & Drug Administration acceptance of our Biologics License Application for Priority Review – brings us