RoboSense Announces The SOP Version Of Automotive-Grade, High-Performance, Solid-State LiDAR At CES2021
RoboSense officially announced the SOP version of the high-performance, automotive-grade, MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1 at CES 2021. In the past five years of research and development, M1 has gone through dozens of iterations and has been presented at the CES for 4 consecutive years winning two CES Innovation Awards. Since July 2020, M1 has received a number of orders for serial production cars worldwide. It has been delivered to OEM partners in batches in December 2020, becoming the world's first mass-production-ready solid-state automotive LiDAR.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210113005687/en/
The SOP version of RoboSense RS-LiDAR-M1 (Photo: Business Wire)
The development process of M1 has been finalized after completing the processes of product requirement definition, components selection, design and development, repeated verification tests and manufacturing. The SOP version’s features include:
- The ranging capability reaches more than 150m for 10% reflectivity targets (with range up to 200 meters for detecting vehicle objects). The average resolution of M1 is 0.2°x0.2° (horizontally and vertically) with an ultra-wide field of view 120°×25° (horizontally and vertically) to create a high resolution of 0.75M pixel points per second.
- The RS-LiDAR-M1 has reduced the minimum detection distance to less than 0.5 meters through upgrading the optical system design and signal processing system.
- RoboSense has innovated the signal processing algorithms and optical system design, which has enabled the M1 to distinguish laser emission signals from ambient lights, without further concern of strong sunlight interference.
- M1 uses the unique technologies to filter laser pulses from other LiDARs to prevent multiple LiDAR crosstalk.
- The SOP version of M1 has reduced the size compared to the last version. Up to now, it is the world’s thinnest automotive LiDAR, with a size of 108mm(Depth) x 110mm(Width) x 45mm(Height) to make the integration into the vehicle body easy.
- Power consumption is reduced to less than 15W.
- M1 provides a series of supporting functions, including OTA firmware updating, blockage detection, smart cleaning, smart heating, performance detection, power management, network management, etc.
- RoboSense strictly abides by the ISO26262 safety standard, and has integrated the fail-safe concept and technology from aerospace and rail transportation systems, achieving all-round monitoring of various system modules such as laser emitter and receiver, MEMS control, point cloud processing and transmitting, etc. Its safety mechanism has covered thousands of failure modes, fully achieving the requirements of ASIL-B and SIL-2.
- RoboSense has adopted VDA6.3 as the basis of project management and control, fully implemented the requirements of IATF16949 quality management system and ISO26262 standard, and has integrated ISO16750 and other automotive-grade reliability specifications, to carry out a series of verification tests on M1, including random mechanical vibration, mechanical shock, splash water, stone impact, high and low temperature storage and operation, solar radiation, EMC, chemical corrosion, salt spray and others. The cumulative test time of all M1 test samples has exceeded 300,000 hours, the longest-running prototype has been in continuous operation for more than 700 days, and the total road test mileage has exceeded 200,000 kilometers.
Founded in 2014, RoboSense (Suteng Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.) is the leading provider of Smart LiDAR Sensor Systems incorporating LiDAR sensors, AI algorithms and IC chipsets, that transform conventional 3D LiDAR sensors to full data analysis and comprehension systems. The company's mission is to possess outstanding hardware and artificial intelligence capabilities to provide smart solutions that enable robots (including vehicles) to have perception capability more superior to humans. http://robosense.ai/
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Orphan Drug Designation Granted to Rezafungin in EU for the Treatment of Invasive Candidiasis26.1.2021 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Mundipharma and Cidara Therapeutics today announced that the European Commission (EC) has now adopted the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP) recommendation to grant Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to rezafungin, a novel, once-weekly echinocandin, for the treatment of invasive candidiasis (IC).4 The EMA considers ODD status for medicines intended for the treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases or disorders that affect fewer than five per 10,000 people in the EU.5 It is estimated that IC occurs in around 0.84 per 10,000 people in the EU,6 and mostly affects hospitalised, immunocompromised or critically ill patients.2 IC continues to be an area of significant unmet need, especially for critically ill patients in hospitals and patients with compromised immune systems. Despite a number of available treatments, mortality rates are as high as 40%.3 IC is characterised as a severe, life-threatening systemic Candida infection of the bloods
Software Industry: Nexway™ Reinforces the Customer Experience Capabilities of its Monetize Personalized Growth Platform26.1.2021 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Nexway, a leading software and service company for e-commerce and payments, is very excited to launch the latest features on its personalized growth platform Nexway Monetize, moving forward in its mission to expand the online footprint and sales potential of software vendors, games publishers and service providers across 140 countries around the world. In today’s uncertain business environment, the e-commerce and payment leader is looking to leverage its best technologies to offer a seamless purchase experience, helping its clients to remain flexible in their strategic approach to e-commerce. Nexway‘s teams are driving versatility, flexibility, and frictionless features to conquer new markets and expand into vertical sectors linked to customer monetization, subscriptions, and B2B sales management. Nexway also intends to continue growing thanks to its agility, expertise, and high level of the customer purchase experience. "Customer experience is a constantly moving target, changing to m
Velodyne Lidar Signs Multi-Year Sales Agreement with Emesent26.1.2021 13:00:00 CET | Press release
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Nasdaq: VLDR, VLDRW) today announced a multi-year sales agreement to provide Puck LITE™ sensors to Emesent, a world-leader in drone autonomy, lidar mapping and data analytics. Emesent is using Velodyne’s lidar sensors to power its award-winning Hovermap mobile scanning system for mapping hazardous and GPS-denied environments. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210126005229/en/ Emesent’s Hovermap, equipped with a Velodyne Puck LITE™ sensor, has a colorization feature for its 3D point clouds that brings additional context for visualization and analysis. (Photo: Emesent) Hovermap, which can be hand-held or mounted to a drone, uses Puck LITE lidar as its primary perception and mapping sensor. Equally capable above ground or underground, indoors or out, Hovermap combines advanced collision avoidance and autonomous flight technologies to map challenging, inaccessible areas. Hovermap has a coloriza
Allurion Technologies Launches Virtual Care Suite to Transform the Consumer and Provider Experience26.1.2021 13:00:00 CET | Press release
https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fallurion.com%2F&esheet=52366910&newsitemid=20210126005074&lan=en-US&anchor=Allurion%26%23174%3B+Technologies&index=1&md5=a32a2cae6846c1f555e8ab3892c63eae Allurion® Technologies, a pioneering leader in the development of innovative, scalable and trusted weight loss experiences, today announced a major milestone for its AllurionTM Weight Loss Program with the launch of its new digital health offering featuring the Allurion TM Health Tracker smartwatch, Allurion® Connected Scale, Allurion® mobile app, and the Allurion TM Clinic Dashboard, the first in a series of new provider services that make up the Allurion TM Virtual Care Suite. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210126005074/en/ The Allurion Connected Scale and Health Tracker measure all aspects of body composition including weight, body fat, muscle mass, as well as activity data such as steps, ex
Takeda Achieves Industry-Leading Positions in 2021 Access to Medicine Index26.1.2021 12:35:00 CET | Press release
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited(TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) (“Takeda”) has earned an industry-leading position within the 2021 Access to Medicine (AtM) Index published today. Specifically the company achieved notable, high scores in all three technical areas evaluated by the Index, including being ranked first in Governance of Access. Takeda also demonstrated strong performance in the areas of health system strengthening, compliance and R&D capacity building, according to the Index. “This honor underscores Takeda’s commitment to prioritizing patient needs by ensuring access to our life-transforming treatments,” said Christophe Weber, Takeda president and chief executive officer. “As a purpose-driven company that puts the patient at the center of everything we do, we are committed to not just inventing medicines but making sure patients can access transformative therapies.” The AtM Index is a rigorous, biennial research project combining data-collection, verification, scoring and analysis
IFF Announces Preliminary Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2020 Financial Results26.1.2021 12:35:00 CET | Press release
IFF (NYSE:IFF), a leading innovator of taste, scent, and nutrition & ingredients, today announced preliminary, unaudited financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2020. “In collaboration with DuPont’s financial announcement today, and in connection with the Exchange Offer related to our combination with DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences, we are providing preliminary financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2020,” said IFF Chairman and CEO Andreas Fibig. “We expect to finish 2020 with results coming in ahead of our expectations despite continued challenges and complexity of the pandemic. This performance is a direct testament to the diversity of our portfolio, the essential nature of our products, and the resiliency of our global teams to continuously deliver for our customers.” Mr. Fibig continued, “With the completion of our merger with DuPont N&B now just days away, we continue to see multiple paths to strong value creation for all our stakeholders. Upon closing
Tilray® Selected by French National Agency to Supply GMP-Certified Medical Cannabis Products in France26.1.2021 12:00:00 CET | Press release
Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production, research, cultivation, and distribution, announced that it has been selected by the French National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) to supply Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) certified medical cannabis products for experimentation in France. Tilray will supply GMP-produced medical cannabis products to serve patients in need for the duration of the French experiment (18-24 months), due to begin in the first quarter of 2021. Tilray products will be administered to qualifying patients in the French experiment, for whom existing treatments do not provide sufficient relief from their symptoms, and for therapeutic indications including: Neuropathic pain that is refractory to therapies currently available (drug or non-drug treatments); Certain forms of epilepsy that are drug-resistant; In certain persistent symptoms in oncology, related to cancer or anti-cancer treatment; In palliative care s