Newmont Publishes 2021 Sustainability Report
Today, Newmont Corporation (NYSE: NEM, TSX: NGT) launched its 2021 Sustainability Report as part of its suite of reports on the Company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices in key areas that include health, safety and security, human rights, the environment, social acceptance, governance, and inclusion and diversity.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220414005599/en/
“Newmont has a long tradition of setting and transparently reporting against public targets. With this report, we offer stakeholders a clear and comprehensive understanding of our most material sustainability topics,” said Tom Palmer, Newmont President and CEO. “As the world’s leading gold company, our ESG practices are woven into the fabric of our company as we work to deliver on our purpose: to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining.”
Highlights of Newmont’s 2021 Sustainability Report:
- Commitment to health and safety: Achieved zero work-related fatalities for the third year in a row. Further embedded our Fatality Risk Management program with a focus on verifying the critical controls that prevent fatalities and coaching frontline leaders to provide visible, felt leadership.
- Response to COVID-19: Continued to put the health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce and host communities at the heart of every decision the Company made. Newmont strongly supported COVID-19 vaccines as they became available and adopted the position of requiring all employees and third-party workers to be fully vaccinated. With contributions through Newmont’s Global Community Support Fund, the Company supported COVID-19 testing facilities, vaccine awareness campaigns and vaccine rollouts in areas near our operations.
- Sustainability-linked financial performance: Established the industry’s first sustainability-linked bond, holding Newmont to account for meeting our 2030 emissions reductions targets and to achieve gender parity in senior leadership roles by 2030. This represents the next step in aligning our business to our commitments and values by linking the interest rate payout to our performance on key ESG priorities.
- Value sharing: Newmont played an important role in creating economic value in host communities and jurisdictions, contributing $10.8 billion to its workforce, host communities and jurisdictions through wages and benefits, operating costs, capital spend, royalties and taxes. This includes spending $1.4 billion with local and Indigenous suppliers, $21.9 million in community investments and providing ongoing opportunities for local and Indigenous employment, along with an additional $3.5 million from Newmont’s Global Community Support Fund.
Newmont’s sustainability efforts continue to be recognized by several leading independent organizations:
- Recognized as a leading gold miner for the seventh consecutive year in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) while continuing to be ranked as the top mining company on FORTUNE’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies;
- Earned a rating of “AA” from MSCI, putting Newmont in the top quartile for precious metals and mining;
- Listed as sixth overall and the top mining company in 3BL’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens;
- Included in Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for Newmont’s efforts to advance women in the workplace for the fourth successive year;
- Named to the JUST 100 as one of America’s most JUST companies by JUST Capital and CNBC, included in the JUST 100 and named Industry Leader for 2022; and
- One of the most transparent companies in the S&P 500, according to Bloomberg’s ESG Disclosure Score.
Newmont’s 2021 Sustainability Report is written in accordance with the GRI 2016 Universal Standards Core option, the GRI Mining and Metals Sector Supplement, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Metals and Mining standards and is externally assured by an independent third-party. Additionally, Newmont’s sustainability report aligns with ICMM’s Mining Principles’ Performance Expectations and the World Gold Council’s Responsible Gold Mining Principles.
The full 2021 Sustainability Report, along with the ESG data tables and comprehensive GRI and SASB content indices, is available for download on Newmont’s website.
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical expertise. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. To learn more about Newmont’s sustainability strategy and initiatives, go to www.newmont.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Exscientia Business Update for First Quarter 202225.5.2022 22:01:00 CEST | Press release
Exscientia plc (Nasdaq: EXAI) This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220525005906/en/ Recent advancements in the Company’s pipeline, collaborations, and operations, as well as financial results for the first quarter 2022, are summarised below. In addition, Exscientia will host a conference call Thursday, May 26 at 1:30 p.m. BST / 8:30 a.m. ET to provide an overview of the Company's precision medicine platform. "We started 2022 by commencing a groundbreaking collaboration with Sanofi to develop a pipeline of AI-designed medicines utilising the breadth of our end-to-end platform of AI-driven capabilities from target prioritisation, to drug engineering and patient selection. At this year's American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting, we highlighted our advancements in this area, including how AI-enabled drug design can help create drug candidates for challenging targets in oncology. In addition, we sho
ArborXR Announces Strategic Collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies, Helping Companies Scale VR and AR Deployments25.5.2022 19:37:00 CEST | Press release
ArborXR announced today the company will work with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. on an extended reality (XR) mobile device management (MDM) platform to make it easier for companies to scale virtual reality (VR) and augmented (AR) headset deployments. By working closely with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners and direct enterprise clients, ArborXR and Qualcomm Technologies have identified key problems that still exist in scaling a fleet of XR headsets. Companies today looking to deploy a fleet of VR or AR devices face many challenges enrolling and provisioning headsets, managing them remotely, installing apps and updates, and controlling the user experience. To solve these problems, ArborXR will provide device management software to Qualcomm Technologies’ XR customers and OEMs with large-scale deployments for use with Qualcomm Technologies’ cutting edge VR/AR hardware available. OEMs will be able to pre-install ArborXR, and ArborXR’s software will support new VR and AR referen
L&T Technology Services inaugurates Engineering R&D Centre in Poland to provide Embedded and Digital Solutions to Clients25.5.2022 19:05:00 CEST | Press release
L&T Technology Services Limited (BSE: 540115, NSE: LTTS), a global leading pure-play engineering services company, today inaugurated its Engineering, Research and Development (ER&D) centre in Krakow, Poland, which will cater to global customers, leveraging cutting edge technologies in the Automotive, Mobility and Hi-Tech domains. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220525005835/en/ Seen in the picture (from right to left): Jagyan Mishra, Delivery Head (Europe) at LTTS, Abhishek Sinha, Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Board at LTTS, Mr. Jerzy Muzyk, Deputy Mayor of the City of Krakow, Her Excellency Nagma Mohamed Mallick, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Poland, Mr. Lukasz Słoniowski, President of the Board at Investor Support Krakow and Rajkumar Ravindranathan, Chief Business Officer at LTTS, during the inauguration of the ER&D centre. (Photo: Business Wire) The state-of-the-art centre will mark its
E-LAND Innople Chooses Rimini Street Support Services for SAP S/4 HANA25.5.2022 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, and a Salesforce partner, today announced that E-LAND Innople, an IT affiliate of the South Korean conglomerate E-Land Group, has chosen Rimini Street Support for SAP. The move has drastically cut E-LAND Innople’s annual maintenance costs and freed up budget to fuel new IT technology, digital transformation, and online expansion. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220525005081/en/ E-LAND Innople Chooses Rimini Street Support Services for SAP S/4 HANA (Graphic: Business Wire) Rimini Street Support Increases Business Agility E-LAND Innople provides IT solutions across various industries including fashion, distribution, hotels, restaurants, and construction. The company is responsible for the IT operations of E-Land Group, including ERP man
Agendia Achieves Historic Milestone of Enrolling 10,000 Patients in FLEX, the Largest-Ever Prospective, Real-World-Evidence Trial for Patients With Early Stage Breast Cancer25.5.2022 17:39:00 CEST | Press release
Agendia, Inc., a commercial-stage company focused on improving outcomes for breast cancer patients worldwide by providing physicians and patients with next-generation diagnostic and information solutions to inform optimized treatment decision-making, today announced 10,000 patients have been successfully enrolled in the FLEX Registry. Agendia’s unique FLEX Registry is a real-world, large-scale, prospective, observational breast cancer study (NCT03053193) intended to enable the discovery of novel genomic profiles to improve precision in the management of breast cancer. The FLEX Registry’s groundbreaking approach to cancer research is accelerating impactful data generation with its patient-centric design and national network of participating sites, allowing its investigator-initiated sub-studies to produce critical results that drive science forward. Six posters based on data from FLEX will be presented at ASCO 2022, one of which will be a poster discussion session. “When we developed th