Mary Kay Inc. & Mary Kay Ash Foundation SM Celebrate 2021 Year-End Highlights
Mary Kay Inc., a global entrepreneurship development company and advocate for corporate social responsibility and sustainability, today released its year-end highlights. In 2021, Mary Kay Inc. continued its decades-long commitment to enriching the lives of women around the globe and building healthier, more sustainable communities.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220107005500/en/
Mary Kay was named a Silver Globee® Winner in 3 categories at the 13th Annual 2021 Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards. (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.)
Learn more about Mary Kay’s 2021 accomplishments in this report.
2021 YEAR-END HIGHLIGHTS
- Mary Kay received 58 awards and recognition honors in 2021, including: COVID Response (22 awards), recognition from partners in social impact/annual reports (4), Mary Kay management recognized for leadership (7), business excellence (10) and an award-winning documentary (4 awards; 5 screening selections). Additionally, Mary Kay and/or its iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash, were featured in two Harvard Business Case Studies, three textbooks, and one research paper.
- Announced the appointment of Wendy Wang as President of its Asia Pacific Region. 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female.
- Mary Kay markets celebrated anniversaries: Mary Kay Lithuania (10 years) and Mary Kay Germany (35 years).
- Named one of America's Best Mid-Sized Employers 2021 by Forbes.
Mary Kay Global Design Studio & Digital Innovation to Enhance the Customer Experience
- Mary Kay Global Design Studio and Glamhive announced the first-ever global TikTok reality show based on style, Step & Repeat. The contest showcased talent in wardrobe, makeup & hair from TikTok users worldwide. Participants showcased their talents from more than 30 countries, and the ground-breaking campaign was featured in the UK Daily Mail, The Daily Front Row, and Vogue Business highlighting its innovative approach to using the relatively new social media platform.
- Launched Suite 13, a beauty experience that uses virtual reality to digitize the company's first virtual pop-up showroom; Mary Kay MirrorMe™ for augmented-reality makeovers and Mary Kay® Skin Analyzer App to scan your face for a customized skin care routine.
- Celebrated 25 years partnering with Global Beauty Ambassador, Luis Casco.
Science Behind the Beauty
- Clinical Solutions™ skincare launched, which consists of Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Retinol 0.5 and Mary Kay Clinical Solutions™ Calm + Restore Facial Milk and received the Dermatologists’ Council Seal.
- Dr. Michelle Hines, Ph.D., Mary Kay Director of Product Formulation, was announced as president-elect for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC).
- In collaboration with Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), announced Skin Health/Skin Disease Grants. Grants will be awarded to researchers conducting groundbreaking, innovative studies in skin health and skin diseases to uncover new perspectives and intervention strategies.
- Announced recipients of multiple science educational grants including: the Society of Cosmetic Chemists and Mary Kay Inc. - Madam C.J. Walker Scholarships, in support of under-represented minority students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in chemical, physical, medical, pharmaceutical, biological, or related sciences and technology; and provided five Girls in STEAM grants to young women currently engaged in innovative research. The 2021 recipients included: Mylana Brodovska, Ukraine; Selin Alara Ornek, Turkey; Jordan Reeves, U.S.; Ivanna Hernandez, Colombia; and Allie Weber, U.S.
- Unveiled research at multiple virtual science conferences. The research included: sharing research on a gradual retinization process that significantly improves tolerance to higher concentrated pure retinol, while still delivering retinol’s key skin benefits; presented the findings for topical application of pure retinol improving hyperpigmentation in an Asian population; and Modulating mechanisms associated with skin barrier function effectively alleviates 2 common concerns associated with sensitive skin.
- In 2021, Mary Kay’s global Pink Changing LivesSM cause empowerment program supported over 15 NGOs around the world. Since 2008, the program has impacted more than six million women and their families by partnering with over 3,000 organizations, donating over $16 million.
- Mary Kay China: China's Henan province was affected by severe flooding. Due to the floods, at least 33 people were killed, 8 others went missing, 200,000 people were evacuated, 3 million people were affected, and the direct economic loss was about $1.22 billion yuan. Mary Kay China donated 1-million-yuan worth of products to Henan Charity Federation.
- Mary Kay Germany: European floods impacted Germany, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands and ranked as the most destructive natural hazard in Northern Europe. Mary Kay Germany pledged up to $100,000 euros to support those affected.
- Mary Kay Spain: In 2020-21, partnered with the Fundación Vicente Ferrer to provide health care access to children and their families in India. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic (in 2018), Mary Kay Spain financed the construction of a school for children in Pagadalavaripalli village, located in the Kadiri (Anantapur) region of India.
- Announced commitment to advancing gender parity by releasing a position paper welcoming the European Commission’s Gender Equality Strategy for 2020 – 2025 and by joining the Generation Equality Forum in Paris and five Global Action Coalitions to accelerate gender equality by 2026.
- In collaboration with UN Women, ILO & WE Empower, re-released, “Strengthening Support for Women Entrepreneurs in COVID-19 Response and Recovery” at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65).
- Mary Kay and the Mary Kay Ash FoundationSM were recognized in the Report of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women on the activities of the United Nations trust fund in support of actions to eliminate violence against women to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW65) and Human Rights Council.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- Announced 100% of U.S.-based Directors and above completed mandatory Unconscious Bias training.
- Released Gender Diversity in the Workplace Data: 54% of Mary Kay’s global executive team is female; 61% of Mary Kay’s global workforce is female; and 54% of Global Vice Presidents and above are female; 59% of Directors and above are female.
- In collaboration with global partner Equal Rights Trust, announced the launch of innovative research on gender inequality in algorithms and artificial intelligence aimed at addressing equality and gender impacts of algorithmic systems, presented by Mary Kay.
- Announced global sustainability strategy: Enriching Lives Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow. Our holistic approach encompasses three pillars of sustainability—economic, environmental and social—through five pillars, activated by 15 commitments to deliver a decade of sustainable action.
- Became a signatory to two crucial causes in protecting our world’s waterways: the CEO Water Mandate and the United Nations Global Compact’s Sustainable Ocean Principles.
- Joined the Ellen MacArthur Foundation as a member of its Network, as part of its commitment to becoming a more sustainable, circular business.
- Mary Kay released its second documentary, Forest of Hope, in October during the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). The documentary highlights the work of Angelica, a 70-year eco-warrior and leader of a group of women entrepreneurs committed to saving the forests of Monterrey.
- Through its partnership with Arbor Day Foundation, the Time for Trees® initiative, announced achieving the commitment to planting 100 million trees and inspiring 5 million new tree planters by April of 2022, was achieved one year ahead of schedule.
- Mary Kay has partnered with the Nature Conservancy since 1991. In 2021, Mary Kay supported seven projects in the Solomon Islands, Northern Australia, New Zealand, rural China, Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company nearly 60 years ago with three goals: develop rewarding opportunities for women, offer irresistible products, and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to investing in the science behind beauty and manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, and fragrances. Mary Kay is committed to empowering women and their families by partnering with organizations from around the world, focusing on supporting cancer research, protecting survivors from domestic abuse, beautifying our communities, and encouraging children to follow their dreams. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time. Learn more at www.MaryKayGlobal.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Altasciences Chosen by Virpax Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Conduct First-in-Human Study of Epoladerm™ for Chronic Pain Associated with Osteoarthritis of the Knee21.1.2022 17:00:00 CET | Press release
Altasciences is pleased to have been chosen by Virpax® Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Virpax”) (NASDAQ:VRPX) to conduct a first-in-human study of Epoladerm™ (diclofenac epolamine) for chronic pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee. This treatment is supplied in a pre-filled device for administration as a topical spray film. The study will be conducted in Q2 2022 at Altasciences’ clinical pharmacology unit in Montreal, Canada. “We look forward to working with Altasciences to accelerate the development of this analgesic treatment and provide robust data in support of the 505(b)(2) FDA approval pathway,” stated Virpax’s Chairman & CEO, Anthony P. Mack. Virpax’s proprietary technology provides a pre-filled canister for the therapeutic application of a clear, fast-drying spray film that is thinner than a standard liquid bandage. This technology offers convenience and eliminates the need for messy creams or gels. Altasciences leverages decades of experience conducting first-in-human clinic
OMRON Healthcare Remote Patient Monitoring Services Win “Best of” Honors at CES 202221.1.2022 16:21:00 CET | Press release
OMRON Healthcare, Inc., the global leader in remote blood pressure monitoring and personal health technology, spotlighted its new remote patient monitoring services at the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and won “Best of” honors for its offerings in the U.K. and U.S: Hypertension Plus by OMRON in the U.K. was selected as a TWICE Picks Awards winner for the 2022 TWICE, Residential Systems and TechRadar Pro Picks Awards VitalSight™ by OMRON in the U.S. was recognised as an INSIDER “Best of” CES selection These remote patient monitoring services gained recognition at the world’s largest innovation show as breakthrough health technology designed to foster greater active health condition management, strengthen the patient-physician connection, and guide behavior change to reduce health risks, while advancing the company’s mission of Going for Zero heart attacks and strokes. “OMRON developed Hypertension Plus as the first step toward transforming chronic care in the U.K., while VitalSig
Schlumberger Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2021 Results21.1.2022 12:50:00 CET | Press release
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for the fourth-quarter and full-year 2021. Fourth-Quarter Results (Stated in millions, except per share amounts)Three Months EndedChangeDec. 31, 2021Sept. 30, 2021Dec. 31, 2020SequentialYear-on-yearRevenue* $6,225 $5,847 $5,532 6% 13% Income before taxes - GAAP basis $755 $691 $471 9% 60% Net income - GAAP basis $601 $550 $374 9% 61% Diluted EPS - GAAP basis $0.42 $0.39 $0.27 8% 56% Adjusted EBITDA** $1,381 $1,296 $1,112 7% 24% Adjusted EBITDA margin** 22.2% 22.2% 20.1% 2 bps 208 bps Pretax segment operating income** $986 $908 $654 9% 51% Pretax segment operating margin** 15.8% 15.5% 11.8% 31 bps 401 bps Net income, excluding charges & credits** $587 $514 $309 14% 90% Diluted EPS, excluding charges & credits** $0.41 $0.36 $0.22 14% 86% Revenue by Geography International $4,898 $4,675 $4,343 5% 13% North America* 1,281 1,129 1,167 13% 10% Other 46 43 22 n/m n/m $6,225 $5,847 $5,532 6% 13% *Schlumberger divested certain businesses i
ZuluTrade - World’s Largest Social Trading Platform Joins the Finvasia Group21.1.2022 12:08:00 CET | Press release
ZuluTrade is strongly positioned to become the biggest and the largest broker neutral social trading platform with acquisition by Finvasia Group. 2022 will see ZuluTrade strengthening its current capabilities and widen its product line by venturing into different markets and financial instruments. The expansion will include contemporary asset classes like cryptocurrencies and traditional asset classes like stocks and bonds. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220120005780/en/ ZuluTrade - World’s Largest Social Trading Platform Joins the Finvasia Group (Graphic: Business Wire) ZuluTrade has been at the forefront of copy trading for more than a decade and has helped over a million investors across more than 100 countries trade a volume of over USD 2 trillion. ZuluTrade 2.0 Future plans include launching a more engaging social investing platform with enhanced social and technology features, built on ZuluTrade’s curre
Ipsen Nominates Karen Witts as New Independent Board Member21.1.2022 07:00:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory News: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220120006035/en/ Karen Witts (Photo: Business Wire) Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) announced today the nomination of Karen Witts to its Board of Directors as independent member. Karen Witts was Group CFO at Compass Group Plc until October 2021. Compass is the world’s leading food service company, operating in 43 countries and employing more than 500k people. She was responsible for corporate strategy and planning, business performance management and reporting, financial reporting and control, tax and treasury activities, M&A, internal audit and enterprise risk management, investor relations, and led the digital and technology function. Prior to this, Karen was Group CFO at Kingfisher Plc, the international home improvement company. She has also held various senior strategic finance positions at companies including Vodafone Group Services Ltd, and BT Plc. She
Peru Is Presenting Itself at FITUR 2022 as a Bio-safe Destination, Committed to Outdoor Experiences21.1.2022 02:48:00 CET | Press release
Peru is in attendance at the 42nd edition of FITUR 2022 to position itself as a safe and ready destination for international travellers, motivating them to rediscover the South American country, reported the Comisión de Promoción del Perú para la Exportación y el Turismo [Peruvian Export and Tourism Promotion Commission] (PROMPERÚ). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220119005812/en/ Inauguration of the Peru stand at FITUR 2022 by the executive president of PROMPERÚ, Amora Carbajal. ©PROMPERÚ In line with its promotion and recovery strategy, Peru is presenting a delegation made up of 19 co-exhibitors in order to show off the best of its tourist offering in the nature, adventure and culture segments. Likewise, it announced its collaboration with the Asociación Española de Agencias de Incentivos – IdeMICE, in order to enhance the attributes of the destination in this segment. In addition, the executive president of
McAfee Continues to Provide Leading Online Protection to Consumers21.1.2022 02:40:00 CET | Press release
Today, McAfee Corp. (NASDAQ: MCFE, “McAfee”), a global leader in online protection, provided an update regarding its pure-play consumer offering and the previously announced divestiture of its enterprise business. In July 2021, McAfee completed the sale of its enterprise business. This transaction allowed McAfee to singularly focus on its consumer business and accelerate its strategy to be the leader in online protection for consumers. “McAfee continues to safeguard the privacy, security and identity of our consumers as the digital world evolves rapidly,” said Gagan Singh, Executive Vice President & Chief Revenue and Product Officer, McAfee. “We continue to stand firm that meaningful protection is a personal right for consumers and have recently rolled out major updates and industry firsts, including McAfee Total Protection and Protection Score, that look out for consumers online, including their privacy and identity.” The McAfee Enterprise business was purchased by Symphony Technology