GALDERMA Showcases Its Continued Commitment to Innovation in Dermatology With New Data to Be Presented at 2022 EADV Congress
Galderma has announced it will be showcasing its latest scientific updates at the 31st European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) congress in Milan, September 7-10, 2022. These include on-site clinical data presentations, a symposia series and booth activities, all focusing on serving patients by providing options across the Therapeutic Dermatology, Dermo-cosmetics and Injectable Aesthetics categories. As the pure-play dermatology leader, Galderma’s significant presence at EADV reaffirms its commitment to delivering a truly innovative, science-based portfolio of premium cutting-edge brands and services.
The latest science presented by Galderma at EADV reflects the company’s significant investments in research and development with large trials across multiple indications for severe conditions such as prurigo nodularis, atopic dermatitis, acne, rosacea, non-melanoma skin cancer and onychomycosis. For over 40 years, Galderma has solely focused on dermatology and has proven to be one of the few players capable of providing not only best-in-class product solutions but also first-in-class solutions with new innovative modes of action. Today, Galderma is a leading scientific voice in these disease areas and remains committed to delivering further advances for patients with these and other severe skin concerns.
One of the most awaited updates from the company this year will be a focus on IL-31, a neuroimmune cytokine that has been demonstrated to be a central mediator in prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis. The cytokine acts as a bridge between the immune and nervous systems and plays a crucial role in igniting and fueling the pathophysiological aspects, including itch and inflammation1,2. Two symposia and eight scientific posters will examine the disease burden, the role of IL-31 in these inflammatory skin conditions and treatments under development.
Another area of focus for Galderma will be on sensitive skin, which affects a major portion of the population with over 70% of women reporting suffering from its effects3. With its strong consumer skin range dedicated to sensitive skin including Cetaphil and the recent acquisition of Alastin Skincare, Galderma understands the need for specifically designed treatments and personalized skincare regimes. At the EADV this year, Galderma, along with key opinion leaders, will be challenging the existing paradigms on sensitive skin and challenging the community on whether it should be considered as a standalone skin condition.
Other skin conditions that drive patients to their dermatologist are acne, rosacea, actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer, conditions that affect a significant cross-section of society. Galderma has been researching these conditions and bringing innovative products to patients and consumers for decades. At EADV, the company will present new data and host scientific meetings and discussions to look at novel patient-centered, holistic approaches in each of these areas to support the identification of the best personalized treatment regimens for each patient.
Galderma’s significant presence at EADV this year reflects its expertise across these common and often severe skin conditions and is testament to its commitment to advancing dermatology for every skin story.
“We look forward to engaging with the dermatology community at the
BALDO SCASSELLATI SFORZOLINI, M.D.
Below is a full list of activities taking place.
Prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis
- Thinking differently about atopic dermatitis: It’s time for a new perspective – September 9, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Chaired by Professor Diamant Thaçi (Germany) and featuring Professor Marjolein de Bruin-Weller (Netherlands) and Professor Andreas Wollenberg (Germany)
- Navigating new data in prurigo nodularis: restoring hope for patients – September 10, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Sonja Ständer (Germany) and Professor Giampiero Girolomoni (Italy), and featuring Professor Doctor Shawn Kwatra (U.S.) and Professor Doctor Bernhard Homey (Germany)
- Simplifying sensitive skin: can we define it as a standalone skin condition? – September 7, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Giovanni Pellacani (Italy) and featuring Professor Adam Friedman (U.S.) and Doctor Krzysztof Piotrowski (Switzerland)
- A novel patient-centered approach for acne management – September 8, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Co-chaired by Professor Alison Layton (UK) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada), and featuring Doctor Vincenzo Bettoli (Italy)
- Opportunities for a holistic approach to acne vulgaris management – September 9, 9:15 AM -10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.05). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France), Professor Gabriella Fabbrocini and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Acne update: Recent advances on skin microbiome, strain co-residence of C. acnes and treatment best practices – September 9, 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.08). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France) and Professor Tami Lieberman (U.S.)
- Clinical challenges in rosacea: overcoming obstacles on the road to treatment optimization – September 8, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Featuring Professor Doctor Giuseppe Micali (Italy), Professor Doctor Martin Schaller (Germany) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada)
Actinic keratosis / non-melanoma skin cancer
- An integrated approach for actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer management – September 8, 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.03). Chaired by Professor Merete Haedersdal (Denmark) and featuring Professor Claas Ulrich (Germany) and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Beyond the lesion: Expert recommendations for longitudinal, patient-centered actinic keratosis management – September 9, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Co-chaired by Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany) and Professor Colin Morton (UK) and featuring Professor Piergiacomo Calzavara-Pinton (Italy)
- Personalizing Actinic Keratosis Treatment (PAKT): Expert recommendations to support patient-centered management of actinic keratosis (oral presentation) – September 10, 10:15 AM CEST (Room: BROWN 2, FC05: Free comms in cutaneous oncology and genetics). Featuring Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany)
- Onychomycosis update: Quantified penetration profile of topical amorolfine in infected human nails – September 8, 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.01). Featuring Professor Martin Schaller (Germany)
A broad range of new scientific data posters has been accepted for EADV this year and can be provided upon request.
Galderma is the pure-play dermatology category leader, present in approximately 90 countries. We deliver an innovative, science-based portfolio of premium flagship brands and services that span the full spectrum of the fast-growing dermatology market through Injectable Aesthetics, Dermo-Cosmetics and Therapeutic Dermatology. Since our foundation in 1981, we have dedicated our focus and passion to the human body’s largest organ – the skin – meeting individual consumer and patient needs with superior outcomes in partnership with healthcare professionals. Because we understand that the skin we’re in shapes our lives, we are advancing dermatology for every skin story. Galderma’s portfolio of flagship brands includes Restylane, Dysport, Azzalure, Alluzience and Sculptra in Injectable Aesthetics; Soolantra, Epiduo, Differin, Aklief, Epsolay, Twyneo, Oracea, Metvix, Benzac and Loceryl in Therapeutic Dermatology; and Cetaphil and Alastin in Dermo-cosmetics. For more information: www.galderma.com.
1.Williams KA, Roh YS, Brown I, et al. Pathophysiology, diagnosis, and pharmacological treatment of prurigo nodularis. Expert Rev Clin Pharmakoi.2021;14(1):67-77. doi:10.1080/17512433.2021.1852080
2. Nemmer JM, Kuchner M, Datsi A, et al. Interleukin-31 signaling bridges the gap between immune cells, the nervous system and epithelial tissues. Front Med (Lausanne). 2021;8: 639097. doi:10.3389/fmed.2021.639097
3. Farage, Miranda A. “The Prevalence of Sensitive Skin.” US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6533878.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Christian Marcoux, M.Sc.
Chief Communications Officer
+41 76 315 26 50
Global Franchise Communications
+41 76 261 64 41
Global Head of Investor Relations
Corporate Communications Director
+41 79 529 59 85
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Seoul Semiconductor Participates in the World’s Biggest Lighting Expo Held in Germany to Showcase its High-Efficiency & Performance LED Lighting Systems30.9.2022 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (KOSDAQ: 046890), a globally recognized optical semiconductor manufacturer, takes part in ‘Light + Building 2022’ held in Frankfurt, Germany, from October 2 to 6, 2022 to unveil its high-efficiency and high-performance LED lighting solutions. This lighting festival is one of the world’s largest lighting expos attended by more than 200,000 visitors from 55 nations in the world. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220930005011/en/ [Photo] Seoul Semiconductor’s Booth for ‘Light + Building 2022’ (Photo: Business Wire) Seoul Semiconductor is expected to showcase differentiated lighting systems including ‘WICOP technology-based high-efficiency lighting solutions’ and ‘SunLike technology for reproducing natural light.’ WICOP high-efficiency lighting systems are mid- and high-power solutions that are mainly applied to landscape & horticulture lighting and street lamps. They outperform existin
Turkey is Calling Europe for Flight Trainings30.9.2022 09:30:00 CEST | Press release
Alfa Holding’s Aviation Services, Turkey’s rapidly growing private aviation services company, has met with leaders from European capitals to promote Turkey as a leading European flight training hub. Turkish civil aviation has received significant investment in recent years, developing into an important center for Europe in terms of civil aviation training. Turkey’s climate conditions and its first-rate, state-of-the-art equipped airports mean Turkey is vying with other countries to become a top aviation training hub in addition to offering other aviation-related businesses. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220930005023/en/ Turkey is calling Europe for flight trainings (Photo: Business Wire) Alfa Aviation Services Chairman of the Board Mehmet Fatih Pakır, at his recent visit to France engaged in bilateral meetings with industry peers, commenting, “We are planning to cooperate with the European civil aviation aut
Enlighted Ushers in New Era of Smart Building IoT Data and Space Intelligence30.9.2022 09:01:00 CEST | Press release
Today Enlighted, a leading proptech company, released a curated portfolio of smart IoT building solutions to create customer value and further enable sustainable enterprises across industries and geographies. According to analyst firm Verdantix1, 75% of firms will use IoT data for space utilization monitoring. The solutions announced today, part of Siemens' open business platform Xcelerator, elevate the use of IoT building data to a new level of functionality for leaders seeking to improve productivity of their operations and to reach carbon neutrality. “We anticipate our new solutions and alignment with Siemens Xcelerator business platform will enable our customers to leverage their building’s IoT and activity data to vastly improve processes and decisions around the interactions of people and their spaces,” said Stefan Schwab, CEO, Enlighted. “Additionally, we will help them further transform their real estate portfolios with a focus on long-term sustainability to meet ESG goals.” Sp
L&T Technology Services Joins Hands with Qualcomm to Provide Solutions for the Global 5G Private Network Industry30.9.2022 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
L&T Technology Services Limited (BSE: 540115, NSE: LTTS), a leading global pure-play engineering services company, today announced that it is collaborating with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. to deploy end-to-end solutions for the global 5G Private Network Industry utilizing their combined core expertise in the Hi-Tech & Telecommunication domain. LTTS and Qualcomm Technologies will bring together core competencies in telecommunication solutions and services for the benefit of end-customers in the manufacturing and warehousing/logistics sector. As the demand for a connected world continues to grow rapidly, LTTS engineers are leveraging LTTS’ chip-to-cloud expertise to unleash the power of 5G and transform global manufacturing and supply chain processes. Qualcomm Technologies, an industry leader in 5G globally, is accelerating the expansion of 5G connectivity, and its end-to-end domain expertise is enabling the growth of the broader technology ecosystem spanning 5G Private Network RAN, devi
TRAWELL CO S.P.A. Confirms That Consumer Spending Is Strong in Airports Worldwide30.9.2022 08:05:00 CEST | Press release
The Board of Directors ofTraWell Co S.p.A. (Euronext Growth Italia, ticker: TWL), which met yesterday afternoon, approved the consolidated half-yearly financial report as of 30 June 2022, which shows that passengers’ spending in airports is very strong. The group registered the following results for H1 2022: REVENUES of € 10.9 million, an increase of € 3.7 million (+ 52%); EBITDA equal to + € 2.0 million, up by € 2.2 million; NET PROFIT equal to + € 2.0 million, an increase of € 2.6 million. The revenues of 10.9 million euros (+ 52%) show a strong improvement of the spending environment compared to 2021. The analysis of Group’s revenues by geographical area confirms an ideal international diversification in H1 2022, with America as the first market of the Group with approximately 50% of revenues, Europe with 28% as the second market and Asia with approximately 22% of revenues. Rudolph Gentile, President and CEO of the TraWell Group: "Demand is high, and the industry is rebounding as pa