DexCom Showcases Expanded CGM Portfolio at International ATTD Conference, Offering More Choice to People With Diabetes
DexCom, Inc. (Nasdaq: DXCM), the global leader in real-time continuous glucose monitoring for people with diabetes, will showcase for the first time its new global portfolio of real-time continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems at the 15th International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD) held April 27-30, 2022 in Barcelona. The expanded portfolio includes Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6 and the upcoming Dexcom G7, a range of exceptionally accurate,* real-time CGM systems designed to empower more people living with diabetes than ever before.
“For two decades, Dexcom has tirelessly innovated to provide the most accurate, connected and accessible CGM technology to people with diabetes around the globe,” said Kevin Sayer, chairman, president and CEO of Dexcom. “Diabetes is not a one-size-fits-all condition—people deserve choice in how they manage their disease. We are excited to be able to provide three gold standard CGM systems that meet the differing needs of people with diabetes.”
Each system in the portfolio offers a different set of features and functionality for various needs across diabetes management; however, all three Dexcom systems eliminate burdensome scanning and painful fingerpricks† for calibration and diabetes treatment decisions.
The Dexcom Real-Time CGM Portfolio
“Innovation, accuracy and reliability have always been at the core of our work to provide the diabetes community with the best technology possible,” said Chad Patterson, executive vice president of global marketing and product management at Dexcom. “It’s our priority to offer as many people access to the highest standard of care and this portfolio of real-time CGM systems delivers on that commitment.”
In addition to the introduction of Dexcom’s expanded product portfolio, key posters and research presented at ATTD continue to affirm the use of Dexcom CGM is central to optimal diabetes management. Some of these educational presentations may make claims exceeding those cleared by FDA for the labeling of these devices.
Dexcom CGM Accuracy, Performance and Feature Engagement:
- Presentation: “Elevating the standard of care in continuous glucose monitoring with Dexcom CGM.” Moderated by Partha Kar on Thursday, April 28, 2022, 15:00 – 16:30 CET in Hall 116. Speakers include: Žydrūnė Visockienė, MD, PhD; Nicholas Argento, MD, FACE; Lori Laffel, MD, MPH; Hood Thabit, MB, BCh, MRCP, MD, PhD; and Lalantha Leelarathna, MBBS, MRCP, MSc, PhD.
- Presentation: “Dexcom G6 real-time CGM use across the globe: Feature engagement and correlational outcomes.” Moderated by Keri Leone, MS, RD, CDCES on Friday, April 29, 2022, 09:00 – 10:00 CET in Hall 112. Speakers include: Giada Acciaroli, PhD; Robert Dowd, data scientist; Joost van der Linden, PhD; and Anand Iyer, PhD, MBA.
Dexcom Connectivity and Closed Loop Systems:
- Abstract: “Perioperative closed-loop insulin delivery versus standard insulin therapy: A randomised controlled parallel clinical trial in adults with Type 2 diabetes” (David Herzig).
- Abstract: “Hybrid closed-loop glucose control compared with sensor augmented pump therapy in older adults with Type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, multinational, randomised, crossover study” (Charlotte Boughton).
- Abstract: “Performance of Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System at specific glucose targets from 110-150mg/dL over three months in very young children with Type 1 diabetes” (Sarah MacLeish).
- Abstract: “Improvement in HbA1C after 8 weeks of Omnipod 5® Automated Insulin Delivery System use in adults with Type 2 diabetes: From injections to hybrid closed-loop therapy” (Anne Peters).
- Abstract: “A comparison of two hybrid closed-loop systems in Italian children and adults with Type 1 diabetes” (Marina Francesca).
- Abstract: “Glycemic outcomes by age and previous insulin delivery method in Control-IQ technology users: 9 months of CLIO study data” (Jordan Pinsker).
Health Outcomes, Economic Outcomes and Market Access:
- Presentation: “Dexcom G6 real-time CGM use in non-traditional clinical arenas: Hospital and pregnancy.” Moderated by Daniel Chernavvsky, MD on Saturday, April 30, 2022, 08:00 – 08:50 CET in Hall 112. Speakers include: Eileen Faulds, PhD, MS, RN, FNP-BC, CDCES and Anku Mehta, MD.
- Abstract: “The impact of real-time continuous glucose monitoring on treatment satisfaction in adults with Type 2 diabetes: Further findings from the MOBILE randomized clinical trial.” (David Price)
- Abstract: “Association between change in HbA1c and professional CGM use in adults with Type 2 diabetes on non-insulin therapies – a real-world evidence study” (Poorva Nemlekar).
- Abstract: “Reduction in diabetes-related hospitalization rates after real-time continuous glucose monitor (rtCGM) initiation” (Katia Hannah).
- Abstract: “Analysis of alert frequency and glycemic outcomes associated with expanding the default G6 high/low alert range” (Sarah Pickus).
- Abstract: “Cost-effectiveness of a real-time continuous glucose monitoring system versus self-monitoring of blood glucose in Type 2 diabetes patients on insulin in the United Kingdom” (Stephane Roze).
For more information about the 15th International Conference on Advanced Technologies and Treatments for Diabetes and to register to virtually attend the conference, visit https://attd.kenes.com/registration/.
About DexCom, Inc.
DexCom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, and with operations across Europe and select parts of Asia/Oceania, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world. For more information about Dexcom CGM, visit www.dexcom.com.
*Dexcom G6, Dexcom G7, and Dexcom ONE User Guides. To obtain the Instructions for use for these products, click here. Note that labeling may differ in different countries.
†If your glucose alerts and readings from Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6 or Dexcom G7 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
‡To view a list of compatible smart devices, visit dexcom.com/compatibility
††Separate Follow App required.
‡‡Dexcom is working closely with its insulin pump partners to integrate Dexcom G7 into current and future automated insulin delivery systems as quickly as possible
1 510(k) pending. Not available for sale in the United States.
© 2022 Dexcom, Inc. Dexcom, Dexcom ONE, Dexcom G6, Dexcom G7 and Dexcom Clarity are registered trademarks of DexCom, Inc. in the U.S., and may be registered in other countries. All rights reserved.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Robeco Leverages Goldman Sachs Pre-Trade Analytics via FlexTRADER EMS24.5.2022 10:30:00 CEST | Press release
FlexTrade Systems (@FlexTrade), a global leader in multi-asset execution and order management systems, today announced Robeco are live and in production using Goldman Sachs pre-trade cluster analytics and market impact estimates within FlexTRADER EMS. The move is designed to optimize the support for Robeco's best execution obligations. The Goldman Sachs Equity Clusters data set classifies each stock according to its individual market microstructure characteristics, using multiple factors derived directly from tick-level data, and organized via a semi-supervised learning approach. As a result, each stock can belong to one of 13 differently labelled clusters that provide a concise depiction of stocks’ intraday trading behavior. In conjunction with the clusters dataset, Goldman Sachs’ quantitative execution research team has revamped the modelling and calibration of their market impact estimates, applying an impact propagation framework that is cluster-aware, and offers significantly high
Akur8 Announces Silver Sponsorship of InsureTech Connect Asia 202224.5.2022 09:30:00 CEST | Press release
Akur8, the next generation insurance pricing solution powered by transparent AI, is excited to announce its Silver sponsorship of InsureTech Connect Asia (ITC) 2022, the region’s largest gathering of insurance leaders and innovators, taking place from June 7 to June 9 in Singapore. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220524005001/en/ Specifically developed for insurers, Akur8’s solution enhances their pricing processes by automating the rate-making process, using Transparent Artificial Intelligence proprietary technology. Core benefits for insurers include increased predictive performance and speed-to-accuracy for higher market reactivity and immediate business impact, while maintaining full transparency and control on the models created. 30,000 industry experts and more than 100 C-level speakers will gather at the ITC Asia event to discuss the latest trends and innovations in the insurance and insurtech ecosystem
As Europe Becomes World’s Most Attractive Region for Digital Health, HIMSS Convenes Healthcare Community24.5.2022 09:15:00 CEST | Press release
HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) is bringing together healthcare and IT leaders who are navigating an extraordinary opportunity to advance the digital transformation of Europe’s health systems. Major changes prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic — including billions of euros invested in healthcare modernization, national regulatory initiatives and the proposed EU legislation for the creation of the European Health Data Space — are making the region one of the world’s most attractive and dynamic markets for digital health. “This year’s epicentre of digital health is the 2022 HIMSS European Health Conference & Exhibition, 14-16 June in Helsinki, where hospitals, governments and innovators will look into delivering the next generation of healthcare services, now,” said Armin Scheuer, VP and Executive Director EMEA at HIMSS. “HIMSS22 Europe features sessions from more than 120 health experts and the best-ever exhibition of health tech solutions to tackle the indust
Temenos Launches ESG Investing-as-a-Service for Banks and Wealth Managers24.5.2022 09:09:00 CEST | Press release
Temenos (SIX: TEMN) today launched ESG Investing-as-a-service, helping banks and wealth managers meet the growing demand for sustainable investing. The offering was unveiled to 1,500 banking and fintech executives at Temenos Community Forum in London. Running on Temenos Banking Cloud, on any cloud or on-premise, the service accelerates time-to-market for ESG compliant products and reporting while reducing the cost of development. The solution combines Temenos front office, market data management and digital capabilities, including powerful filtering, scoring and modeling techniques, with external data feeds from multiple providers to deliver a complete end-to-end service. ESG investing, also called sustainable, socially responsible, or impact investing, is a way of investing in companies based on their commitment to one or more ESG factors. It presents a huge opportunity for banks and wealth management firms to drive growth and differentiate to meet their clients’ increasingly sophisti
Technology Innovation Institute Launches Pioneering Research Facility in Abu Dhabi for Key Industries in the Region24.5.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Technology Innovation Institute (TII), the applied research pillar of Abu Dhabi’s Advanced Technology Research Council (ATRC), today announced that its Directed Energy Research Center (DERC) has launched a state-of-the-art facility in Tawazun Industrial Park (TIP), a regional hub for strategic businesses in the safety and security sector offering world-class business infrastructure. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220523005302/en/ TII's DERC Launches New Labs (Photo: AETOSWire) The facility comprises seven distinct workshops and five specialized laboratories. Each caters to a specific research domain from mechanical and electronics workshops, prototype test area, coil winding, armature filling, dielectric testing, and acoustic prototyping lab. The laboratories are Pulse Power Lab, Semi-Anechoic Chamber, Tempest Chamber, Acoustic Lab, and Laser Development Lab. The facility hosts three mobile research laborator