Centessa Pharmaceuticals Announces Expansion of Management Team and Board of Directors
Centessa Pharmaceuticals (“Centessa”) today announced key additions to its leadership team and Board of Directors. Centessa has appointed Tia Bush, Chief Quality Officer; David Chao, Ph.D., Chief Administrative Officer; and Thomas Templeman, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer. In addition, Marella Thorell has been promoted from Head of Finance to Chief Accounting Officer, and Carol Stuckley has joined the Board of Directors and will serve as Chairperson of the Audit Committee. Each of their respective roles will support Centessa’s asset-centric R&D model and the continued advancement of the Company’s portfolio of programs.
“We launched Centessa earlier this year with a bold vision focused on reimagining the traditional pharmaceutical research and development model in order to discover, develop and ultimately deliver impactful medicines to patients,” said Saurabh Saha, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Centessa. “Successful execution of that vision requires a robust team of like-minded, highly specialized individuals who have the know-how to get things done and bring new ideas. We are thrilled to strengthen our team with the appointments of these exceptional leaders. Each will provide significant expertise in their respective functions. I look forward to partnering with them as we deploy this model, aimed at impacting the lives of patients and society more broadly.”
- Tia Bush, Chief Quality Officer, brings nearly 30 years of biotechnology quality experience to Centessa. Ms. Bush’s career has been spent in quality related roles of increasing responsibility at Amgen, which she joined in 1993. Most recently, Ms. Bush was Chief Quality Officer and Senior Vice President, Global Quality/Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, in which role she was responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the quality management and EHSS management systems. She led an organization of more than 1,400 quality and safety professionals. Ms. Bush currently sits on the Board of Directors for Parenteral Drug Association and USC Health Services. She holds a B.A. in biological sciences with a minor in chemistry from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
- David Chao, Ph.D., Chief Administrative Officer, joins Centessa from the Stowers Institute for Medical Research and BioMed Valley Discoveries where he served as President and Chief Executive Officer of both entities. Previously, he was the President of The Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a member of the Board of Directors for the American Century Companies, Head of Strategic Alliances Global Operations at the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research, and a consultant in McKinsey & Company’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Product Practice. Dr. Chao holds a Ph.D. in Biology from M.I.T. and a combined A.M. and A.B. in Biology from Harvard University.
- Thomas Templeman, Ph.D.,Chief Technology Officer, joins the company from Nuvation Bio, where he served as Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality. He previously served as Chief Operating Officer of Graybug Vision and Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality Assurance at Axovant Sciences. Earlier, Dr. Templeman served as Senior Vice President of Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality at Medivation, Vice President of Manufacturing Science and Technology at Hospira, Senior Vice President, Integrated Supply Chain at Liquidia Technologies, and in various leadership roles at Johnson & Johnson, where he worked for 13 years in several capacities. Dr. Templeman earned a B.S. in biology from the University of Santa Clara, a Ph.D. in biological sciences from Dartmouth College and was a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard University.
- Marella Thorell, Chief Accounting Officer, previously served as Centessa’s Head of Finance since January 2021. She joined Centessa from its subsidiary, Palladio Bioscience, where she served as Chief Financial Officer, leading Palladio’s finance operations and capital strategy and execution. Before that, Ms. Thorell served in various roles of increasing responsibility at Realm Therapeutics, including as Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director. Earlier in her career, Ms. Thorell worked for the Campbell Soup Company in finance and operational roles and at Ernst & Young, LLP where she earned a CPA. Ms. Thorell earned a B.S. in Business from Lehigh University, magna cum laude.
- Carol Stuckley, Board Member and Chairperson of the Audit Committee, is a global, strategic financial executive with proven success leading finance teams and creating shareholder value for healthcare companies. Ms. Stuckley was formerly Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at HPS and managed its acquisition by TransUnion, Inc. Previously, Ms. Stuckley served as CFO, Vice President of Finance at Galderma North America (Nestlé Skin Health S.A.). Ms. Stuckley held a nearly 23-year tenure in multinational financial roles of increasing responsibility at Pfizer, most recently as Assistant Treasurer, Vice President, Finance and Corporate Officer. She currently sits on the Ipsen Board of Directors and serves as Chairperson of the Audit Committee. Ms. Stuckley holds a Master of Arts in economics and an MBA in international finance from Temple University’s Fox Business School, and a BA in Economics and French from the University of Delaware.
About Centessa Pharmaceuticals
Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc is a next-generation biopharmaceutical company that aims to reshape the traditional drug development process. The company applies an asset-centric R&D model at scale to advance a portfolio of programs led by industry leading teams. Each program is developed by one of ten Centessa subsidiaries and supported by centralized infrastructure and the Centessa management team. For more information, visit www.centessa.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements. Statements we make in this press release may include statements that are not historical facts, which are usually identified by the use of words such as “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “plans,” “projects,” “seeks,” and variations of such words or similar expressions. These forward-looking statements, including statements relating to expectations, plans and prospects regarding the clinical development plans and timing, clinical trial designs, clinical and therapeutic potential, and strategy for any of our programs reflect our current views about our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects, which are based on the information currently available to us and on assumptions we have made. Although we believe that our plans, intentions, expectations, strategies and prospects as reflected in or suggested by those forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that the plans, intentions, expectations or strategies will be attained or achieved. Furthermore, actual results may differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements and will be affected by a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, but not limited to, the success of clinical trials, regulatory filings, and approvals. These forward-looking statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of Centessa’s management team as of the date of this release and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. Furthermore, Centessa operates in a very competitive and rapidly changing environment in which new risks emerge from time to time. Except as required by applicable law, we assume no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Dan Budwick, 1AB
UK/European media enquiries
Optimum Strategic Communications
Mary Clark, Shabnam Bashir
Swiss media enquiries
Cellphone: +41 79 20 75 111
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
BearingPoint RegTech and Vizor Software Join Forces: Global RegTech and SupTech Powerhouse Created17.6.2021 09:50:00 CEST | Press release
BearingPoint RegTech (“RegTech”), a leading European provider of innovative regulatory, risk, and supervisory technology solutions, has signed an agreement regarding the acquisition of Vizor Software (“Vizor”). Vizoris a global leader in regulatory and supervisory technology headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. With the newly formed partnership, RegTech and Vizor aim to accelerate their future growth journey. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210617005052/en/ Jürgen Lux, CEO BearingPoint RegTech (Photo: Business Wire) The combination of the two companies follows a clear strategic rationale as the companies fit perfectly together and complement each other ideally with their solution portfolios. RegTech and Vizor have a strong track record within the regulatory and supervisory technology space. Furthermore, the two companies serve complimentary geographies. While RegTech can rely on a strong customer base in Germany,
SES Expands Cloud Leadership as Amazon Web Services Direct Connect Partner17.6.2021 08:50:00 CEST | Press release
SES today announced it has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect Delivery Partner program. Through a technical and business review process, AWS validated SES’s ability to connect its customers directly to their AWS services over its network of multi-orbit satellites. This provides SES customers flexible, secure, reliable access to their cloud-based applications and services from virtually any location around the world. This is a major advantage to both enterprises and government users who require reliable bandwidth while working in remote locations. SES is the first satellite operator to achieve AWS Direct Connect Partner status. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210616006077/en/ SES Expands Cloud Leadership as Amazon Web Services Direct Connect Partner (Photo: Business Wire) As an AWS Direct Connect Delivery Partner, SES can provide enterprises and governments with dedicated connectivity between v
SIG SolarCAD II: Solar Thermal Delivering 80°C Daily Even in Winter Months17.6.2021 07:47:00 CEST | Press release
The new SIG SolarCAD II solar thermal power plant, designed and installed by the Geneva-based TVP Solar and inaugurated in February this year, has proven its high performance in winter conditions. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210616005846/en/ Even covered in snow, TVP Solar thermal panels supply SIG target temperatures and thermal energy (Photo: TVP Solar) More than 157 MWh (1.92 kWh/m²/day) of solar hot water at over 80°C were delivered to the district heat network (CAD) between January and April, i.e. 30% of the annual energy performance target of 516 MWh set between the Services Industriels de Genève (SIG) and TVP Solar. Michel Monnard, thermal director at SIG and project instigator, is delighted: “the solar plant’s performance significantly exceeded our expectations, being remarkably efficient during the cold and poor sunshine winter period when the CAD has the most need for heat.” The TVP solar thermal
C3 AI and NCS Form Strategic Partnership to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications Across Asia-Pacific17.6.2021 06:00:00 CEST | Press release
C3 AI (NYSE:AI), the Enterprise AI application software company, and NCS, a leading technology services provider and member of the Singtel Group, today announced a strategic partnership focused on delivering enterprise AI solutions to clients in Southeast Asia (SEA) and Australia/New Zealand (ANZ) across multiple industries, including telecommunications, government, financial services, transportation, and more. This agreement represents C3 AI’s first strategic partnership with a telecommunications group. NCS will leverage its deep domain experience and technology expertise in serving governments and businesses in SEA and ANZ, investing up to S$10 million to develop and deploy enterprise AI applications created on the C3 AI® Suite. C3 AI’s solutions will also be deployed across Singtel, Optus, and other affiliated telecommunications networks to bring the advantages of enterprise AI to their operations and clients. As the leader in enterprise AI applications, C3 AI’s offerings include th
MicroPort CRM Announces European Launch of Alizea TM and Borea TM Pacemakers With Bluetooth® Connectivity and Streamlined Remote Monitoring17.6.2021 06:00:00 CEST | Press release
MicroPort CRM, a pioneering company in the field of Cardiac Rhythm management, headquartered in France with global operations,announced today the European launch of AlizeaTM and BoreaTM pacemakers after receiving the CE mark under the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR - 2017/745). The devices are equipped with Bluetooth®1 technology for streamlined remote monitoring when paired with the SmartView ConnectTM home monitor. AlizeaTM and BoreaTM connected pacemakers allow cardiologists to monitor the devices remotely, saving patients the need to travel to hospital for a simple routine examination and thus reducing burden on the healthcare system. Today, with more than 500 000 patients per year implanted with a pacemaker across Europe, connected cardiac technologies are needed more than ever. "MicroPort CRM has always been committed to providing medical devices with the most advanced technology and features to improve patient outcomes and reduce the burden on the healthcare system”, said Be
Dialpad Introduces a Smarter, More Reliable Calling Experience for Microsoft Teams Users17.6.2021 01:57:00 CEST | Press release
Dialpad Inc., the industry leader in AI-powered communication and collaboration, today announced its platform integration with Microsoft Teams, a leading solution for team collaboration and engagement. Dialpad for Microsoft Teams is a cloud-native direct routing integration that seamlessly connects Dialpad’s enterprise-grade telephony features and award-winning Voice Intelligence (Vi™) capabilities into the Microsoft Teams native environment. According to Microsoft’s Hybrid Work Trend Index, workers report that their productivity has either remained the same or increased over the past year. As work methods continue to evolve, Dialpad is at the forefront, creating better, smarter and more seamless communication experiences. With Dialpad direct routing at the heart of the integration, Microsoft Teams users have access to Dialpad’s global calling capabilities with PSTN connectivity in 49 countries in addition to sophisticated inbound and outbound calling features. Powered by automatic spe
LiveArt Market Opens Trading16.6.2021 21:00:00 CEST | Press release
LiveArt is pleased to announce the public launch of LiveArt Market, the digital peer-to-peer marketplace that places control into the hands of sellers and buyers. LiveArt Market began limited, invitation-only trading last week and has already achieved sales approaching $5 million, with more than 1,000 works of art valued at approximately $120 million in the pipeline for sale. Prices have ranged between $50,000 and $500,000, with works by Amoako Boafo and Ed Clark commanding six-figure sums. Early offerings available for purchase include works by Derrick Adams, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Yayoi Kusama, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol, among others. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210616005925/en/ Yayoi Kusama, Little Flower, 1952, Gouache, pastel, ink, pen on paper, 11.5 x 8.5 in (Photo: Business Wire) LiveArt puts collectors in control by providing participants with one destination for real-time information and an eff