Celebrity Stylist Tara Swennen and Glamhive Founder Stephanie Sprangers Once Again Bring Together Some of the Biggest Names from Around the World in Style, Fashion, Beauty and Women’s Empowerment for Groundbreaking Digital Event
Celebrity stylist Tara Swennen and Glamhive founder Stephanie Sprangers will once again bring together some of the biggest names from around the world in style, fashion, beauty and women’s empowerment for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar—a groundbreaking digital event.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200708005857/en/
Adir Abergel, Celebrity Hair Stylist (Photo: Glamhive)
During Glamhive’s first digital event, Glamhive LIVE Style Summit, audience members were asked to engage with panels through live, real-time question and answer sessions. The conversations ranged from intimate questions about how to break down gender barriers when starting a business to how to find ways to break in into business through marketing. Due to that event’s overwhelming success, Swennen and Sprangers decided to raise the bar for their next global event.
“The style, beauty, and designer communities are a close-knit one; many of us have worked together or known each other for years—and, this year has been a tough one. I’m thrilled by the opportunity to bring us all together and share our insights, experience, and advice with everyone who wants to be part of our community too,” said Tara Swennen, celebrity stylist. Swennen was inducted into the Costume Designers Guild, was named one of The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Most Powerful Stylists four years in a row and was awarded Best Vegan Fashion Stylist at the first Vegan Fashion Week. Her clients include Kristen Stewart, Matthew McConaughey, Lana Condor, and Allison Janney. She has worked on major campaigns with Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Neutrogena, E!, Target, and Netflix, and her work has appeared in Flaunt, InStyle, Nylon, Teen Vogue, Esquire UK, Maxim, and more.
The Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is touted as the world’s largest digital gathering of some of the greatest talents in the fashion, style and beauty industries, coming together for round table discussions with audience participation. The conference will feature three tracks, 32 panels, over 100 different speakers, and offer highly intensive “Master Classes” focused on specific topics with in-depth, intimate conversations with globally renowned experts.
“Glamhive’s vision is to make personal styling available to everyone, everywhere and our digital events are a wonderful extension of that. For the very first time, people who are fashion and beauty enthusiasts or work in the industry can learn from the best in the business,” said Stephanie Sprangers, Glamhive founder. Sprangers is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Glamhive, the online personal styling service that brings expert personal stylists and makeup artists—recruited directly from Hollywood and Instagram—to everyone. Glamhive has developed proprietary software that allows stylists to take clients through a styling experience that is 100% online, allowing people to work with stylists anywhere in the world.
Tickets to the conference are $99 for an all-day ticket and $149 for an all-day ticket + VIP Gift Box. Glamhive will donate 15 percent of all ticket sales to the NAACP. For a 25 percent discount on all-day tickets, use the promo code: GLAMHIVEGLOBAL.
Presenting sponsor for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is Mary Kay and its Mary Kay Global Design Studio. Other sponsors include 11 Honore, Michael Stars, and more.
Track 1: Personal Style
Personal style is about expression, communication, connection, and valuing yourself enough to reach your potential. In this track, personal style is as unique as you are.
- Every BODY is Welcome Here—Size Inclusive Dressing. Speakers include: Brooke Jaffe, Mary Katrantzou, Mary Alice Haney, Amber Tolliver, Amanda Lim, and Sarah Ahmed.
- Pivot to Success—A discussion of pivoting your company in times of change. Speakers include: Andrew Bevan, Ripley Rader, Cynthia Sakai, Emily P Wheeler, Victor Glemaud, and Suzanne Lerner.
- Glow Up: Express Yourself Through Hair and Makeup—Speakers include: Mark Townsend, Kira Nasrat, Mary Wiles, and Christine Symonds.
- Leading the Change—Female founder perspective on building a purpose-driven business. Speakers include: Rose Apodaca, Arianne Phillips, Carineh Martin, Jill Lincoln, Jordan Johnson, Camila Alves McConaughey, Adir Abergel, and Melisse Shaban.
- Routines and Rituals—A step by step guide to skincare and makeup. Speakers include: Kelly Atterton, Sarah Akram, Jamie Greenberg, and Tamah Krinsky.
- Shape Matters—A discussion on loving yourself and loving your shape. Speakers include: Simone Harouche, Jamie Mizrahi, Andrea Racey, Laurel Berman, and Christian Juul Nielsen.
- Stuart Weitzman— Stuart Weitzman—Maximize your look with accessories. Speakers include: Edmundo Castillo, Sharon Kanter, Kesha McLoud, Dani Michelle.
- Professional Style in the Age of Zoom—Speaker: Shaye Strager
Track 2: Business of Fashion
Innovation. Creativity. Sustainability. Diversity. The business of fashion is worth $2.5 trillion globally. Consumers, creatives, philanthropists, entrepreneurs and businesses need to have a stronger voice in shaping the industry for the better.
- The Future of Fashion—How innovations in tech will change the industry. Speakers include: Stephanie Sprangers, Andrew Bevan, David Schottenstein, Lindsay Albanese, Irina Sulemanovic, Alexandra Mandelkorn, and David Sheinkopf.
- Fashion in the Age of Globalization—Speakers include: Louise Roe, Aimee Croysdill and Elisa Nalin.
- Looking Forward, Acting Now—A conversation on sustainability. Speakers include: Marcy Medina , Evet Sanchez, Tara Swennen, Umberto De Marco, Jennifer Stucko, Vanessa Barboni Hallick, Saima Chowdhurry, and Samata.
- The Future We Choose-Representation in Fashion—The leaders we need when it comes to the progress of diversity in fashion. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Courtney Mays, Joan Reidy, Tracy Reese, Mecca Cox, Jeanne Yang, and Kibwe Chase Marshall
- The Conscientious Consumer—Shop from your heart and use your dollars to shape the marketplace. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Stefan Siegel, Sasha Skoda, and Dana Rebecca, Negar Ali Kline, and Chloe Gosselin.
- Stand Up, Stand Out, Stand Proud!—Speakers include: Scott Studenberg, Ruthie Davis, Kimberly Van Schoyck-Riojas, Rebecca Lay, Sam Ratelle, Christina Pacelli, Brett Heyman, and Nicolas Bru.
- Women in Fashion-Female Leadership—Speakers include: Melinda Maria, Dani Michelle, Lindsey Dupuis, Stephanie Walters Abramow, and Mollie Faithe Good.
- Makeup prep—Speaker include: Tracy O’Connor and Megumi Asai.
Track 3: The Beauty Biz
Personalized beauty is the new beauty and businesses are evolving on how to build a customized, unique business, product portfolio, and all areas of business to meet consumer demands.
- New Beauty: How Ethics Are Changing the Industry—Highlighting new innovations and how the future of beauty looks. Speakers include: Amy Nadine, Jill Crosby, and Frédéric Fekkai.
- All Hair is Good Hair—Breaking the beauty ideal. Speakers include: Saisha Beecham, Miles Jeffries, Marc Mena, Ken O’Rourke, and Ben Skervin.
- Filling the Void: Advocating for Inclusivity—A discussion of skin tone palettes, varying hair types, and what it means to the beauty industry. Speakers include: Riley Blanks, Amber Amos, Vincent Oquendo, Georgie Eisdell, Anastasia Stylianou, and Tasha Reiko Brown.
- Breaking into Beauty—Hear founders and leaders on how they carved out a piece of the pie for themselves. Speakers include: Camara Aunique, Etienne Ortega, Kelsey Deenihan, Allan Avendaño, and Tracey Cunningham.
- This Is Who I Am—Inner beauty vs. outer beauty: a discussion of what the idea truly means. Speakers include: Molly Stern, Joey Maalouf, Alexx Mayo, Pati Dubroff, Sheridan Ward, Anton Khachaturian, and Kara Yoshimoto Bua.
- Staying Safe: From Set to Salon—The new rules, from working on set, to getting a blow out at a salon. Speakers include Ted Gibson, Jason Backe, Laura Rugetti, Denis De Souza, and Mikey Koffman.
- Facing Change—How artists and leaders have pivoted to face the world head on. Speakers include: Marcy Medina, Beau Nelson, Africa Miranda, Tracy O’Connor, and Matthew Collins.
The Master Classes
This exclusive track is a wide spectrum ranging from creating your brand to building your business, focusing on insider information and breaking through any barrier to start, grow or expand your knowledge of fashion, beauty, and style.
- Here Comes the Bride—Panelists include: Micaela Erlanger, Mark Badgley & James Mishka.
- Paths to Success—Paving YOUR OWN way to becoming a stylist. Panelists include: Meg Chapman, Jordan LaValle, Shani Thomas, Shatora Adrell, and Tiffany Gifford.
- The ROI of Style—How standout personal style leads to confidence and life success. Speakers include: Andrew Weitz and Quentin Thrash
- Nubra Style Out—Featuring Jennifer Rade.
- Media Mastery Workshop—Learn how to develop a digital presence that gets you noticed and gets you paid. Featuring Africa Miranda.
- Creating Your Brand—How to create your brand, build an audience, and authentically express who you are. Featuring Carrie Colbert.
- Building Your Styling Business—Learn how to turn your current business into a profitable one. Featuring Sarah Cohen, founder of The Styling Advisory.
- The Essential “How to Guide” to Styling—Find your calling in the creative and styling field. Featuring Kesha McCloud.
Quotes from Speakers/Panelists
Pati Dubroff, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Dubroff is considered one of the most legendary and respected Hollywood makeup artists of all time.
“I am thrilled to join this very impressive lineup of the best of the best in the worlds of beauty, fashion and design as we band together to share and inspire. Although we need to be physically distant, we can keep our creative juices flowing and be together learning and growing with this awesome Glamhive community.”
Adir Abergel, Celebrity Hair Stylist
Abergel has created memorable hair looks for Hollywood’s most talented artists, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, and more.
“I am humbled to be included with so many smart and inspiring women that are leaders in our industry.”
Africa Miranda, TV Host | Author | Beautypreneur | Digital Media Personality | Founder of Beauty by Africa Miranda
A dynamic speaker, host, actress and spokesmodel, with distinctive style and quick wit, and the breakout star of Bravo TV’s “The New Atlanta.”
“If a creative in any field can maximize their digital presence, the sky is the limit. I’m honored and excited to partner with Glamhive as a speaker for the Digital Summer Bazaar. This will be a fantastic opportunity for stylists and fashion-lovers to expand their know how and build their brands.”
Mark Badgley, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
James Mischka, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
Badgley and Mischka have been hailed by Vogue as one of the “Top 10 American Designers” and as the darlings of the Hollywood set. The design duo has made their mark over the past two decades.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the GlamHive Live Digital Summer Bazaar,” said Mark Badgley. “To be able to chat with Micaela and share our insights and thoughts on all things Bridal will be a treat. We are excited to be connecting with such a great audience of fashion fans,” added James Mischka.
Glamhive was founded by entrepreneur Stephanie Sprangers in 2017 with the vision to democratize personal styling and the premise that the confidence that comes with glamour should not be exclusive to the rich and famous. The online styling experience offers anyone with a Wi-Fi connection access to stylists who will provide them with the support they need to be the best version of themselves. For stylists, it is a seamless end-to-end platform to help them grow their network and their business, 100% virtually.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Sagemcom AMI Solution, a Key Driver in the Swedish Energy Transition to a Sustainable Future21.9.2020 10:30:00 CEST | Press release
In September, ELLEVIO will continue to improve the Swedish electricity system by being one the first Nordic DSO to start its 2nd generation smart meters large scale rollout. This massive rollout is the result of joint achievements between ELLEVIO, Sagemcom and its local Partner, ONE Nordic. Since the award in March 2019, Sagemcom has developed and delivered a new generation of S211 single phase meters and T211 polyphase meters which allow ELLEVIO to take up the new energy landscape and customer care. The advanced deep indoor dual cellular technology LTE NB IoT + LTE Cat-M is used to secure the reliability of the solution. In less than 8 months and within a specific context, Sagemcom has developed and certified the new generation of smart meters which are installed in the field by ONE Nordic since June 2020 in Stockholm area. The new key features have already been deployed offering a combination of end-user experience - through a customer local interface (P1 Port) - and Low-Voltage netw
Market Failure? kENUP and YUVEDO High-Level Online Event Kick-starts Call for Projects Tackling the Growing Threat of Parkinson’s and Other Neurodegenerative Diseases .21.9.2020 10:14:00 CEST | Press release
On Friday, 18 September 2020, YUVEDO Foundation and kENUP Foundation held a high-level online conference to kick-start an open public call for projects tackling the growing threat of Parkinson’s (PD) and other neurodegenerative diseases (NDD). Despite the predictable medical, social and economic challengesof NDDs, too little has happened in recent years to address the underlying causes of NDDs. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200921005283/en/ Market and Regulatory Failure? High-Level Online Conference Kick-starts Open Public Call for Projects Tackling the Growing Threat of Parkinson’s and Other Neurodegenerative Diseases (Photo: Business Wire) An expert report by Professor Maier-Rigaud of NERA Economic Consulting presented at the conference, showed that there are indications for market and regulatory failure around the development of interventions against PD and other NDDs: High risk in product development is
PMI Announces Keynote Speeches at International Forums During UN General Assembly21.9.2020 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
MEDIA ADVISORY: Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) today announced its participation in a series of events over the course of the United Nations General Assembly. Senior executives, including PMI’s CEO André Calantzopoulos and COO Jacek Olczak, will address international forums to talk about the critical role that science can play in driving innovation, progress, and policy to tackle the most pressing global issues. Keynote virtual events include: September 21: PMI COO Jacek Olczak is joining the Diplomatic Courier’s “The SDG’s in Action Forum”discussing “Industry, Infrastructure and Innovation” September 23: Silke Muenster, Chief Diversity Officer, will address The Hill’s “Work Defined” virtual event September 24:PMI CEOAndré Calantzopoulos will present high-level remarks during the 2020 Concordia Annual Summitexploring “Leading Industry Transformation with Purpose” September 29: André Calantzopoulos will be a panelist in a custom event with Dow Jones' The Trust on “Mul
Thales Empowers Organisations to Simplify the Discovery, Protection and Control of Sensitive Data21.9.2020 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Thales today announced the launch of the CipherTrust Data Security Platform, the industry’s first unified data protection solution that enables organisations to discover, protect, and control their most sensitive data wherever it resides. The new platform helps solve key challenges they face today. These include data security complexity caused by multi-cloud adoption, evolving global and regional privacy regulations, as well as the risk of data breaches from external and internal threats. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200921005046/en/ Copyright Thales Drawing from years of data protection innovation, Thales has built the CipherTrust Data Security Platform to seamlessly unify data discovery, classification and data protection, along with strong access controls and centralised key management. The ‘all-in-one’ platform combines the best of Thales’s Vormetric and SafeNet KeySecure technologies to give organisati
Inflazome Announces Acquisition by Roche21.9.2020 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Inflazome announced today that it has closed a share purchase agreement with Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) in which Inflazome’s shareholders received an upfront payment of €380 million, and are eligible to receive additional contingent payments to be made based on the achievement of certain predetermined milestones. Inflazome was founded in 2016 by leading medical researchers Prof Matt Cooper (University of Queensland, Australia) and Prof Luke O’Neill (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland). The company is a leader in the development of inflammasome inhibitors. The acquisition gives Roche full rights to Inflazome’s entire portfolio which is composed of clinical and preclinical orally available small molecule NLRP3 inhibitors. Roche intends to further develop NLRP3 inhibitors across a wide variety of indications with high unmet medical need. Matt Cooper, Chief Executive Officer, Inflazome, commented: “We are delighted to close this deal with Roche, an outstanding pharmaceutical company w
Reactev Is Born: a Next-generation Dynamic Pricing Tool21.9.2020 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
The digital market is taking competitiveness to new heights. There are greater demands when it comes to decision making and, above all, the speed at which these decisions need to be made. Without a doubt, it’s in pricing strategies that this competitiveness is most palpable. In this context, Reactev was born, the tool that helps retailers make the best pricing decisions at just the right time. This software was developed by Minderest a pioneering company in price, product, and stock monitoring, which has been developing pricing projects for some of the world’s largest companies since 2012. Reactev is a tool created by and for retailers that doesn’t only aim to help them with their processes and decisions, but to also change the way they design their pricing strategies. In a highly competitive environment where, in just seconds, the wrong pricing decision can mean a big loss in sales while the correct decision can strike a blow against the competitions, Reactev equips retailers with its