Bentley Systems Announces Finalists for the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure
Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq:BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, today announced the finalists for the 2021 Going Digital Awardsin Infrastructure. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from nearly 300 nominations submitted by more than 230 organizations from 45 countries encompassing 19 categories.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210920005860/en/
Join us for the Year in Infrastructure series of events and Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure highlighting advancements in going digital. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Winners of the student Future Infrastructure Star Challenge will also be announced. This challenge provided students from around the world a platform to develop a concept or an idea of how they can change the world with infrastructure. Five independent jury panels of Bentley experts selected the Top 10 finalists from 144 project submissions from 61 countries representing different infrastructure domains. Winners will be selected by a panel of Bentley and external expert judges. View the Future Infrastructure Star Challenge finalists.
New this year, all winners will be revealed during keynote presentations on December 2, 2021, as part of the Year in Infrastructure. This series of virtual event runs from November 1 through December 2, 2021; see below for highlights.
To watch the Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists present their projects in their category on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, visit yii.bentley.com. Hear from the people behind these extraordinary infrastructure projects as they tell their stories of leveraging digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
The finalists in the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure are:
- CCCC Third Harbor Engineering Co., Ltd. – Nanyanjiang Intercity Railway Front-End Engineering Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- Hatch – Lathams Road Bridge, Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia
- New York State Department of Transportation – East 138th Street over the Major Deegan Expressway, New York City, New York, United States
Buildings and Campuses
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Al Thumama Stadium, Doha, Qatar
- Center for Industrial Technological Studies and Services No. 33 – CETIS 33 BIM Workshop, Mexico City, Mexico
- Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC – High-tech Multifunctional Medical Complex, Yukki, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Hubei International Logistics Airport Co., Ltd., Shenzhen S.F. Taisen Holdings (Group) Co., Ltd., Airport Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. – Ezhou Huahu Airport Project, Ezhou, Hubei, China
- University of Birmingham – Implementation of Project and Asset-based CDE, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Clark Construction Group, LLC – SeaTac Airport International Arrivals Facility, Seattle, Washington, United States
- Qitaihe Jianhe Investment and Construction Management Co., Ltd., Heilongjiang Big Data Industrial Development Co., Ltd. – Taoshan Lake Ecological Water Conservancy Project in Qitaihe City, Qitaihe, Heilongjiang, China
- Zachry Industrial, Inc., a Zachry Group Company – Golden Pass LNG Export Project, Sabine Pass, Texas, United States
- China Water Resources Beifang Investigation, Design and Research Co. Ltd. – Geological Survey of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Tibet, China
- Research Center of Construction - Gersevanov Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP) – Geotechnical Aspects of the Moscow Luzhniki Stadium Reconstruction, Moscow, Russia
- Royal HaskoningDHV – Moondrian, Netherlands
Land Site and Development
- Korea Land and Housing Corporation, BasisSoft, Inc – BIM Design for the Hanam Gyosan, Hanam-si, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Liaoning Water Conservancy and Hydropower Survey and Design Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Dongtaizi Reservoir Project, Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China
- Pennoni – Longwood Garden Overflow Parking, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dow Chemical – Integration of Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) into Global Project Methodology, Houston, Texas, United States
- Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Phase II C5 Plant Digital Twin Application Project of Neusoft Healthcare International Industrial Park, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
- WISDRI Engineering & Research Incorporation Limited – Converter-based Continuous Casting Project of Jinnan Steel Phase II Quwo Base Capacity Reduction and Replacement Project, Quwo, Shanxi, China
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- CNOOC Energy Development Design and R&D Center – Digital Twin Project of the FPSO Offshore Oil Gathering and Transportation Platform, South China Sea, Guangdong, China
- Fujian Yongfu Power Engineering Co., Ltd. – Fujian Changle Zone C Offshore Wind Farm, Changle/Fuzhou, Fujian, China
- Polyus – Construction of the Blagodatnoye Mill-5, Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Capital Engineering and Research Incorporation Ltd. – The World’s First 60MW Subcritical Blast Furnace Gas Power Generation Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Wuqiangxi Hydroelectric Power Station Expansion Project, Changsha, Hunan, China
- Shandong Province Metallurgical Engineering Co., Ltd – The 2x65MW Surplus Gas Resources Comprehensive Utilization Power Generation Project of Shandong Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd Laiwu Branch, Jinan, Shandong, China
Project Delivery Information Management
- Mott MacDonald Systra JV with Balfour Beatty Vinci – HS2 Phase 1 Main Civil Construction Works, London, United Kingdom
- Riverlinx CJV – Silvertown Tunnel Project, London, United Kingdom
- WSP – Port of Melbourne - Port Rail Transformation Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rail and Transit
- Network Rail + Jacobs – Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), Manchester/Leeds/York, United Kingdom
- PT. MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) – MRT Jakarta Phase II, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
- Western Program Alliance – Level Crossing Removal Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- HDR – Diablo Dam Digital Twin Modeling, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
- La Société Wallonne des Eaux – Deep Convolutional Neural Network on 3D Reality Mesh for Water Tank Crack Detection, Juprelle, Liège, Belgium
- Singapore Land Authority – Advancing Singapore National 3D Reality Mapping for a Changing World, Singapore
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation – Oversize/Overweight Permitting System Improvement Project, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Collins Engineers, Inc. – Stone Arch Bridge Rehabilitation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Province of Manitoba, Department of Infrastructure – MB MOOVES - Manitoba Infrastructure SUPERLOAD Upgrade, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Roads and Highways
- Larsen and Toubro - Transportation Infrastructure IC – Mumbai Vadodara Expressway - Package I, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- PT. Hutama Karya (Persero) – Trans Sumatera Toll Road Project Section Serbelawan-Pexmatangsiantar, Pematangsiantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
- Sichuan Highway Planning, Survey, Design and Research Institute Ltd., Sichuan Lexi Expressway Co., Ltd. – Mega Project Le-Xi Expressway, Leshan, Sichuan, China
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Rosewood Doha, Doha, Qatar
- HDR – The Pavilion at Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Louis Berger SAS (A WSP Company) – Detailed Design of Bridges for BG Rail Link between Rishikesh to Karnaprayag (Package -3), Rishikesh and Karnaprayag, Uttarakhand, India
Utilities and Communications
- Mott MacDonald and National Grid – London Power Tunnels 2, London, United Kingdom
- PESTECH International Berhad – Digitization of Koh Kong 230/22kV Substation, Koh Kong, Cambodia
- PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Suixian and Guangshui 80MWp Ground-based Photovoltaic Power Project of Hubei Energy Group, Guangshui, Hubei, China
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Canadian Energy Company – Asset Data Lifecycle Program, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Itafos Conda LLC – Asset Care to Support Long-term Sustainability of a Fertilizer Manufacturing Facility, Soda Springs, Idaho, United States
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Brown and Caldwell – Implementing Digital Twins on a Fully Collaborative Project, Brighton, Colorado, United States
- Jacobs Engineering – F. Wayne Hill Water Resources Center Membrane Improvements, Buford, Georgia, United States
- L&T Construction – Khatan Group of Villages Water Supply Scheme (Surface Water Treatment), UP, India, Khatan, Uttar Pradesh, India
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- ATLC Infraconsultants Pvt. Ltd. – Leduki Group of Village Water Supply Scheme, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Companhia Águas de Joinville (CAJ) – Contingency Plan to Ensure Supply in the Event of Drought (Joinville-Santa Catarina), Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Maynilad Water Services Inc. – Pump Operation Optimization through Hydraulic Modeling Using OpenFlows WaterGEMS, Muntinlupa, Manila, Philippines
For more information about the finalists, visit yii.bentley.com.
Chris Bradshaw, Bentley’s chief marketing officer, said, “We decided to keep the event virtual this year for everyone’s safety due to the ongoing pandemic. Our users continue to demonstrate their resilience through the quality of the nearly 300 nominations for the Going Digital in Infrastructure Awards program. We are excited to honor our users’ extraordinary work from around the world. We hope you will join us for the Year in Infrastructure virtualeventthat includes important insights and perspectives from key industry executives and thought leaders sharing with attendees the latest on infrastructure trends, sustainability goals, and digital advancements.”
Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists’ presentations on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2021:
- Meet the finalists and learn how they overcame project challenges through the use of technology and engineering ingenuity.
Keynote and Going Digital awards presentations on December 1 and 2include:
- Executive Perspectives and Infrastructure Insights – Join CEO Greg Bentley, Chief Success Officer Katriona Lord-Levins, and Chief Product Officer Nicholas Cumins as they share insights on infrastructure trends, sustainability, and advancements in going digital.
- Infrastructure Experts and Guest Speakers – Hear from Matthias Rebellius, member of the managing board of Siemens AG and CEO of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and Andrej Avelini, co-founder and president of AEC Advisors LLC. Award winners will be unveiled during the sessions.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq:BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
© 2021 Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, iTwin, MicroStation, OpenFlows, OpenFlows WaterGEMS, ProjectWise, Seequent, and SUPERLOAD are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
+1 203 805 0432
Follow us on Twitter:
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
SIGNA Sports United Upsizes PIPE and Principals Agree to Backstop SPAC Business Combination With Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation18.10.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU” or the “Company”), the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, today announced additional PIPE investments and a new redemption backstop agreement related to its proposed business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC) ("Yucaipa" or "YAC"), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company. These additional elements increase deal certainty and ensure the listing of the enlarged pro forma company. Mike Özkan, designated Chairman of the Board of SSU, said, “The upsizing of the PIPE demonstrates the increased interest in SSU’s sports e-commerce and technology platform. The backstop agreement underpins the principal’s commitment to the Company and provides transaction certainty for the strategic combination of the two largest online Bike retailers. The pro forma company will be in a strong position to pursue its mission to digitalize the global sports retail ecosystem with a guaranteed level of liquidity at a
BearingPoint RegTech Becomes Regnology18.10.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
BearingPoint RegTech is now operating under the new name Regnology. The name stands for the company's core business: Regulatory Technology. The change of name is a logical step after BearingPoint Group sold the RegTech business to the private equity firm Nordic Capital end of 2020. Since then, the company is operationally independent. In June 2021, BearingPoint RegTech reached an important milestone by joining forces with Vizor Software, a global leader in RegTech and SupTech based in Dublin. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005025/en/ Conor Crowley, CEO Vizor and Head of SupTech at Regnology, and Jürgen Lux, CEO, Regnology (Photo: Regnology) The combined company has a history spanning more than 20 years and is now a leading international provider of innovative regulatory, risk and supervisory technology (RegTech/RiskTech/SupTech) solutions, AEOI and tax reporting, and regulatory reporting services along
NTT: CEOs Say People and the Planet Are Becoming More Important in Business18.10.2021 08:15:00 CEST | Press release
WSJ Intelligence undertook a new international CEO survey for global technology and business solution provider NTT. The survey focuses on the role of business in contributing to societal goals. WSJ Intelligence conducted a survey of 351 CEOs of large corporations representing ten key industries in 15 countries to understand their views on their organization’s role in society, social impact strategies, the stakeholders involved, and how the Covid-19 pandemic has driven these strategies. The research confirms that post-pandemic people and the planet rather than solely profit are becoming increasingly important for organizations of all sizes. While this trend was evident before March 2020, the pandemic brought it to the forefront. The latest research considers, too, how organizations better support employee wellbeing and change management. It uncovers the most valuable tools and tips for social purpose implementation while also analyzing the most significant challenges. Key Findings: 94%
"THE GUNPLA SHOWROOM DUBAI"18.10.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
BANDAI SPIRITS Co., LTD. (President and Chief Executive Officer: Nao Udagawa, Head Office: Minato-ku, Tokyo) will be operating "THE GUNPLA SHOWROOM DUBAI" from late October, 2021 to March 31, 2022, at the Dubai Mall, a shopping mall in Dubai in the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, concurrently with Expo 2020 Dubai that will begin on October 1, 2021. Given the appointment of Gundam as the "PR Ambassador of the Japan Pavilion, Expo 2020 Dubai", we will be promoting Japanese culture and the joy of monodukuri (creating and crafting) to people around the world through Gunpla (Gundam-series plastic models). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211017005004/en/ Display of 1/10 scale standing Gundam statue (Photo: Business Wire) Description of "THE GUNPLA SHOWROOM DUBAI" Exhibit of 1/10 Scale Standing Gundam Statue 1/10 scale standing statue of RX-78-2 (total height: approximately 1,800 mm) will be on exhibit. Lo
Antin Infrastructure Partners to Become Majority Shareholder in Origis Energy, a Leading U.S. Renewable Energy Platform18.10.2021 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Antin Infrastructure Partners (Ticker: ANTIN – ISIN: FR0014005AL0), one of the world’s leading infrastructure investment firms, announced today that funds managed by Antin have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority stake in Origis Energy, a major vertically integrated renewable energy platform in the United States, from its CEO & President Guy Vanderhaegen and Global Atlantic Financial Group. The company focuses on developing, building, and operating utility-scale solar and storage assets, as well as distributed generation. Guy Vanderhaegen will continue to lead and to hold a significant stake in the company. Founded in 2008, Origis Energy has a track record of development success across 130 solar and storage projects. Antin will support Origis Energy with additional capital and resources as it builds out its contracted pipeline, which is one of the largest in the U.S. and provides clear visibility into its growth plan over the next several years. T
Nexign Completed Campaign Management Solution for Middle East Telecom Operator Zain Kuwait18.10.2021 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
Nexign (part of ICS Holding), an international provider of business support systems (BSS), has announced that the company completed the Marketing Campaign Management system implementation for Zain Kuwait, one of the leading telecom service providers in the Middle East, in cooperation with the Turkcell Technology, a subsidiary of Turkcell, a converged telecommunication and technology services provider, founded and headquartered in Turkey. The implemented system enables Zain Kuwait to provide targeted offerings to a wide range of its subscribers and boost customer loyalty and retention. Marketing Campaign Management System is a BI-integrated solution for diversified campaigns management during the customer lifecycle. It provides selection rules management to define target segments and communication channels to schedule, execute and track the performance of marketing campaigns. The system enables the company to increase response rates and make sales and marketing initiatives more effectiv
Ipsen Adds Another Program Into Its Pre-Clinical R&D Oncology Pipeline Through an Exclusive Worldwide Collaboration With Accent Therapeutics, Targeting the RNA Modifying Protein, METTL318.10.2021 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Disclaimer: Intended for international media and investor audiences only Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) and Accent Therapeutics (Accent) have signed an exclusive worldwide-collaboration agreement to research, develop, manufacture, and commercialize Accent’s pre-clinical stage METTL3 program. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a difficult to treat cancer of the blood and bone marrow, accounting for a third of all new cases of leukemia in the US each year.1 Globally, the incidence of AML has been increasing year on year across the last 20 years.2 RNA modifying proteins (RMPs) are an emerging target class that control multiple aspects of RNA biology and represent a new approach for the potential treatment of various cancers. METTL3 is an RMP that has been validated pre-clinically as a novel therapeutic target for AML.1,3 This collaboration combines Accent’s expertise in RMP-targeting therapeutics with Ipsen’s capabilities and proven track record in Oncology medicine devel