Euromonitor International Unveils Top Global Consumer Trends for 2024
Global market research company Euromonitor International has released the Top Global Consumer Trends 2024 report today.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231115630247/en/
Top Global Consumer Trends 2024 (Graphic: Business Wire)
The annual report reveals emerging trends that provide insights into consumers’ evolving values and explores how their behaviour is redefining their shopping motivations and needs. It examines how the impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the importance of sustainability initiatives, and social, economic and political factors are crucial in understanding global consumer trends this year.
Euromonitor’s top Global Consumer Trends in 2024 are:
- Ask AI: New tools are evolving into co-creators for consumers, influencing their decisions and reshaping their expectations of brand engagement. These platforms will become increasingly integrated into consumers' daily lives. Businesses should utilise generative AI to enhance personalisation and improve the overall customer experience.
- Delightful Distractions: Consumers seek an escape from daily stress and anxieties to break away from the mundane. Some 29% of consumers would be comfortable with brands tracking their emotions and personalising experiences to their moods.
- Greenwashed Out: While consumers are attempting to live more sustainably, they question whether companies and governments are fully utilising available resources to create a meaningful impact. They want organisations to step up and show proof of their eco pledges.
- Progressively Polarised: Political and social issues are at the core of personal identities. These belief systems influence perspectives, values and attitudes. Consumers will not refrain from expressing their convictions. Social responsibility, political affiliation and sustainability initiatives will motivate spending.
- Value Hackers: With the ongoing cost-of-living crisis consumers are adjusting their financial mindset and 44% of consumers planned to save more money in 2023. They are employing increasingly clever strategies to get the very best deals.
- Wellness Pragmatists: Consumers are seeking fast and effective solutions to improve both their physical and mental wellbeing. Demonstrated effectiveness will play a significant role in their purchasing decisions.
Alison Angus, Head of Innovation at Euromonitor International, said: “Consumer preferences are closely linked to the sustainability agenda, technological progress and the impact of sociopolitical issues. Companies should handle sensitive subjects with caution while staying true to their brand's core values.”
For more information see Euromonitor’s Top Global Consumer Trends 2024 report here.
NOTES FOR THE EDITOR
- More than 40% of consumers would be comfortable with voice assistants offering personalised recommendations, but less than one-fifth felt the same about using bots to answer complex customer service questions
- Environmental concerns remain top of mind. More than 60% of consumers tried to have a positive impact on the environment in 2023
- 52% of consumers only bought from companies or brands that they completely trusted in 2023
- 53% of professionals said that escalating promotional initiatives will be a strategic priority for their company in the coming months
- 85% of consumers would be willing to pay more for beauty products with proven efficacy or benefits
ABOUT EUROMONITOR INTERNATIONAL
Euromonitor International is the world’s leading provider of global business intelligence, market analysis and consumer insights. From local to global and tactical to strategic, our research solutions support decisions on how, where and when to grow your business. With offices around the world, analysts in over 100 countries, the latest data science techniques and market research on every key trend and driver, we help you make sense of global markets.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Euromonitor Press Office
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
BuildRI Announces Top 2023 Responsible Investment Programs of European Alternative Investors30.11.2023 22:46:00 CET | Press release
BuildRI, a leading provider of responsible investment insights, is pleased to unveil the leading responsible investment programs within the European alternative investment sector for the year 2023. Throughout the course of the year, BuildRI's team of seasoned analysts has assessed multiple alternative investment firms, employing a comprehensive set of 32 responsible investment and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria. These criteria encompass the integration and maturity level of responsible investment policies, programs, and practices adopted by these firms. It is worth noting that the evaluation criteria are closely aligned with industry-leading ESG and responsible investment standards and frameworks. The data utilized for evaluation is primarily sourced from publicly-disclosed or self-reported information. Comprehensive rankings, benchmarking data, and additional information about each leading firm is available on the BuildRI platform for its members. The leading res
Mary Kay Expands to Hungary, Elevating Beauty and Empowerment in Central Europe30.11.2023 19:03:00 CET | Press release
Mary Kay Inc., the iconic beauty brand and global advocate for women’s empowerment, is thrilled to announce its expansion into Hungary, a strategic move that marks the company's latest foray into the European market. This expansion coincides with Mary Kay's milestone 60th anniversary, underscoring its enduring legacy of offering unparalleled entrepreneurship opportunities and high-quality skincare and color cosmetics. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231130602889/en/ With Hungary’s rich cultural tapestry, vibrant heritage, and dynamic economy, Mary Kay Inc. is set to introduce a range of initiatives aimed at bolstering the economic empowerment of Hungarian women. (Credit: Mary Kay Inc.) Mary Kay Hungary's operations will be overseen from the Mary Kay Czech Republic's offices in Prague. To celebrate this momentous expansion, events in both Prague and Budapest have been arranged. This expansion builds upon the br
Q4 Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter 2023 Q4 Platform Release30.11.2023 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Q4 Inc. (TSX: QFOR) (“Q4” or “the Company”), the leading capital markets access platform, announced today its fourth quarter 2023 release of innovative enhancements to the Q4 Platform that will continue to deliver value to their clients through seamless workflows, insights, and analytics. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231130813795/en/ Q4 Issuer Dashboard Q4 Platform Release: Fourth Quarter 2023 Issuer Dashboard: Improved Web Management App Issuers can now use the Web Management app to make accelerated website updates and have greater visibility into the status of their web requests. The homepage also gives them direct access to highlighted critical alerts, including activist engagements, and real time updates on events. Engagement Analytics App: Smarter Insights Through the Engagement Analytics app, Investor Relations Officers (“IROs”) will now have access to historical data on investor engagement to more ea
ISFC to Focus on Central Role of Forestry Sector at COP2830.11.2023 17:56:00 CET | Press release
The International Sustainable Forestry Coalition (ISFC) will be representing some of the world’s largest companies engaged in sustainable forestry at COP28, and will be promoting the role of forestry and land-use in the global climate transition. Nations must find a way to reduce emissions by 43% by 2030 if we are to avoid the worst effects of climate change. With greater investment, forestry and land management could contribute up to 25% of the emissions reductions needed to reach net zero. It is widely expected at COP that there will be more focus on the role that sustainably produced timber can play in the built environment, and ISFC will be taking a leading role in these discussions and promoting the expanded contribution of the forestry sector to the decarbonization of the global economy. Dr. David Brand, Convening Chair of ISFC and Executive Chair of New Forest, commented, “The global climate effort requires expanded investment in sustainable land-use and sustainable materials in
Aviz Networks Expands Funding to $10M With New Investments From Accton, Cisco Investments and Wistron30.11.2023 16:32:00 CET | Press release
Aviz Networks, a leader in open networking software for cloud-scale infrastructures serving telecom and enterprises, today announced it has added Cisco Investments to its latest funding expansion, joining existing investors, Moment Ventures, Accton and Wistron. This funding round, now reaching $10M, will accelerate customer momentum for Aviz’s multi-vendor, GenAI-based networking stack along with adoption of SONiC based open networking. Aviz helps organizations achieve the performance and cost benefits of hyperscale networks by removing complexity and supplying AI-driven management features as part of a breakthrough Networking 3.0 software stack. Aviz’s stack supports the fast-growing SONiC open-source network OS (NOS) as well as multi-NOS environments and leverages the power of large-language-models (LLMs) to deliver unparalleled choice and capabilities. The company has seen rapid growth over the past 12 months, scaling its number of customers, revenue, and operational headcount to me