Forrester’s Predictions 2024: Fifty Percent Of Large European Firms Will Proactively Invest In AI Compliance
According to Forrester’s (Nasdaq: FORR) 2024 predictions, released today, in anticipation of the European Union AI Act going into enforcement in 2025, 50% of large firms in the region will proactively invest in AI compliance. Before the Act is implemented, European firms will need to define their AI compliance strategy, including acquiring new technology and talent to securing the third-party support they need. Additionally, as misinformation fuelled by AI-generated images, deepfakes, and faux human influencers rises — 81% of online adults in the US, UK, Spain, and Italy agree that there is a lot of fake news and misinformation on social media — news outlets like the BBC will become coveted sources of information.
Forrester’s predictions analyse the dynamics and trends across different topics and industries, including technology and innovation; B2B marketing, sales, and product; AI and automation, customer experience (CX), and the future of work. These insights help leaders gain a competitive edge to thrive in the year ahead.
Highlights from Forrester’s 2024 predictions include:
- CX will improve for the first time in years — thanks to generative AI. The key to CX improvements in 2024 will be behind-the-scenes genAI that helps customer service agents answer questions faster and better, resolve CX issues on first contact, and leave customers feeling heard.
- Clouds will launch prompt engineering services — to no avail.Cloud hyperscalers will announce either a preview or the general availability of prompt engineering, the process of structuring text so that it can be understood by a genAI model. Enterprise adoption, however, will be limited.
- Enterprise AI initiatives will boost productivity and creative problem-solving by 50% in the year ahead. Generative AI is poised to increase productivity across all IT roles — not just among developers. Additionally, business, technology, and marketing leaders’ investment in genAI in the year ahead will augment employees’ creative problem-solving time by up to 50% — driving customer-centric innovation and creating greater business value.
- Generational differences will alter B2B buying preferences. Millennial buyers make up 75% of business buying teams. In 2023, 40% of these buyers will demand early access to B2B product experts. When engaged in face-to-face buying, these buyers find personal interactions with product experts more meaningful than all other in-person activities.
- Europe will lead hybrid work adoption. Forrester predicts that Europe will outpace the US in flexible working in 2024, with 40% of Europeans working remotely at least some of thetime.The Netherlands leads the continent in its support for flexible working, with 74% of workers allowed to work remotely in 2023. And only 11% of European business leaders expect employees to return to the office full-time.
“While genAI applications are still emerging, enterprises can no longer ignore or downplay its impact,” said Laura Koetzle, VP, group director at Forrester. “Given the risks associated with the technology, European firms will take proactive measures to stay compliant and explore genAI use cases to enhance, empower, and engage employees and customers.”
- Download Forrester’s 2024 Predictions guide, covering big-impact predictions for the coming year.
- Learn more about Forrester’s predictions and how genAI will be a game changer for businesses in 2024.
- Visit Forrester’s 2024 Predictions hub to uncover additional resources.
- Explore Forrester Decisions to uncover research, models, frameworks, and hands-on guidance to execute critical business priorities.
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We help leaders across technology, customer experience, digital, marketing, sales, and product functions use customer obsession to accelerate growth. Through Forrester’s proprietary research, consulting, and events, leaders from around the globe are empowered to be bold at work — to navigate change and put their customers at the center of their leadership, strategy, and operations. Our unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 700,000 consumers, business leaders, and technology leaders worldwide; rigorous and objective research methodologies, including Forrester Wave™ evaluations; 100 million real-time feedback votes; and the shared wisdom of our clients.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
PR Manager, EMEA
direct +44 20 7323 7602 | mobile +44 7977 828017 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
VeriSilicon NPU IP is Shipped in Over 100 Million AI-Enabled Chips Worldwide29.2.2024 01:00:00 CET | Press release
VeriSilicon (688521.SH) today announced that it has reached a milestone achievement with its Neural Network Processor (NPU) IP integrated into over 100 million AI-enabled chips across 10 major application sectors worldwide, including Internet of Things (IoT), wearables, smart TVs, smart home, security monitoring, servers, automotive electronics, smartphones, tablets, and smart healthcare. As a global leader in embedded AI/NPU over the past seven years, VeriSilicon’s NPU IP has been successfully integrated into 128 AI SoCs supplied by 72 licensees in these varied market segments. VeriSilicon’s NPU IP is a high-performance AI processor IP designed with a low-power, programmable, and scalable architecture. It can be easily configured to meet licensees’ requirements for chip sizes and power budgets, making it a cost-effective neural network acceleration engine. This IP also ships with extensive and mature Software Development Kit (SDK) supporting all major deep learning frameworks, ensurin
Terra Firma Energy Limited Secure 120MW of Contracts From Record Breaking T-4 Capacity Market Auction28.2.2024 20:07:00 CET | Press release
Terra Firma Energy have successfully secured 120MW of contracts in the record-breaking T-4 Capacity Market auction. After two bidding rounds the auction cleared at £65/kW/Year breaking last year’s record of £63/kW/Year. This outstanding result will see our contracted assets receive over £7.3M per year to be on standby to provide critical support to National Grid when required. UK Capacity Market The UK Capacity Market ensures electricity supply meets demand, especially during peak times, by incentivising generation investment and maintaining grid stability. Auction results determine prices paid to generators for ensuring electricity availability. The T-4 auction secures capacity for delivery in four years via long-term 15-year agreements, while T-1 auctions procure capacity just before delivery via 12-month agreements. On February 27, 2024, the T-4 auction cleared at £65/kW/year for delivery in Oct-2027/Sep-28. William Davies, Managing Director of Terra Firma Energy said “I am thrilled
Verimatrix Streamkeeper Wins Gold in 2024 Merit Awards for Telecom Innovation28.2.2024 19:14:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory News: Verimatrix, (Euronext Paris: VMX), the leader in powering the modern connected world with people-centered security, today announced that its Verimatrix Streamkeeper took home top honors in this year’s Merit Awards for Telcom and Wireless. The gold win in the Security Innovations category marks the latest in a growing stack of industry recognitions marking Streamkeeper’s uniquely powerful and multi-layered anti-piracy protection capabilities. Judged by industry executives, members of the media and consultants as well as Merit Awards staff, the program is dedicated to recognizing the efforts put forth by global industries and the markets they serve, acknowledging companies that have contributed to the continued growth of the market. Verimatrix Streamkeeper combines digital content security with app protection to hunt down and take down piracy for many of the world’s entertainment leaders – including more than half a billion clients across devices. "We are thrilled to con
Tecnotree's Comprehensive Next-Generation BSS Solutions to Drive Nuh Digital’s Transformation28.2.2024 17:07:00 CET | Press release
Tecnotree, a global digital platform and services leader for AI, 5G, and cloud-native technologies, announced the signing of a new digital transformation deal with Nuh Digital, to provide BSS stack solutions to enhance the company’s operational efficiency and meet current and future market requirements. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240228266983/en/ (Graphic: Business Wire) Nuh Digital is a growing Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), changing the scenario of digital inclusion in Brazil, with the purpose of developing businesses through innovation and intelligent connectivity. Tecnotree’s digital marketplace solutions will enable the company to introduce new digital services quickly and cost-effectively. The full digital stack deployment will include Mediation, Provisioning, BSS Switch (Convergent Billing Solution, Customer Lifecycle Manager, Unified Product Catalog, Enterprise Integration Accelerator), D
LiveRamp Launches Unified Data Collaboration Platform Featuring Composable Technology28.2.2024 17:00:00 CET | Press release
LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) today unveiled the next generation of the /LiveRamp Data Collaboration Platform, which brings together solutions for the end-to-end marketing lifecycle onto a single platform. The unified offering introduces new capabilities such as a simplified user interface, composable technology for cross-cloud interoperability, and a partner marketplace where innovative third-party developers can build applications showcasing their trusted expertise. Built on a foundation of durable, authenticated technology designed to withstand signal loss, the /LiveRamp Data Collaboration Platform offers functionality to proactively address evolving privacy considerations while accelerating forward-looking data collaboration use cases. Gartner® findings show “Marketing has an outsized role in data and analytic activities across the enterprise, with 71% of marketing data and analytics teams responsible for owning at least one element of data strategy for their organization.” By bringing all