Visa Economic Empowerment Institute Announces Inaugural Advisory Council Focused on Driving Actionable Policy Solutions
Visa (NYSE: V), a leading global payments technology company, announced today the formation of an Advisory Council for the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute. The Visa Economic Empowerment Institute is a forum for original research and public-private dialogue on payments and public policy. The Advisory Council will bring to the Institute decades of collective insights and experiences from some of the leading thought leaders in international finance and diplomacy in the world today. With the strategic guidance of the Advisory Council, the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute will be able to accelerate its agenda for driving access to digital payments and unlocking new opportunities for economic growth.
The founding members of the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute Advisory Council are:
- Dr. Axel Weber (Chair), former UBS Chairman and former president of the German Central Bank (Bundesbank). Weber is currently a senior global adviser to Boston Consulting Group and a member of the advisory board for fintech provider Raisin. “I am honored to serve as Chair of the inaugural Visa Economic empowerment Institute Advisory Council,” said Weber. “We need to overcome the continued gaps in economic opportunities that are making it difficult for all individuals to equally take part in the global payments ecosystem. I am confident that our collective knowledge and expertise at the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute will help drive impactful strides in public policies designed to empower all.”
- The Rt Hon. Lord Hill, Member of the House of Lords in the United Kingdom and former European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union. “The biggest policy challenge we face in Europe is how to increase the competitiveness of our economy and accelerate growth. If we fail in that, we will fail in everything. Through its research, I hope the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute will help show policy makers what they need to do to strengthen their economies and spread opportunities for businesses to grow,” said Lord Hill.
- Ambassador Koji Tsuruoka, former Japanese Ambassador to the United Kingdom and chief negotiator for international trade agreements including the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Tsuruoka spent 43 years with Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. “I know firsthand the impact that strategic and international collaboration can have on expanding access to the global economy,” said Tsuruoka. “To be a part of the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute Advisory Council at its genesis is an exciting next chapter to unlock the potential and growth in payments.”
“The Visa Economic Empowerment Institute is a natural extension of Visa’s purpose – to uplift everyone, everywhere. Axel, Koji and Jonathan share our passion for economic empowerment and will bring new perspectives to the payments policy discourse,” said Kelly Mahon Tullier, Vice Chair, Chief People and Corporate Affairs Officer of Visa. “We are thrilled to add the strategic guidance of three global leaders whose collective expertise spans almost a century of knowledge.”
The Advisory Council will focus on amplifying the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute’s three strategic research pillars:
- Imagining an open future for payments: We identify opportunities for the public and private sectors to work together to create and sustain an open and innovative payments ecosystem so that individuals, businesses, and economies can thrive.
- Unlocking growth through trade: Working together, stakeholders can find the right balance to ensure that the digital trade realm is competitive, seamless, secure, and accessible to all.
- Fostering digital equity & inclusion: Our goal in promoting digital equity is to reach the point at which all individuals and businesses can participate in and receive the benefits of the digital economy.
For more information on the Visa Economic Empowerment Institute and Visa’s commitment to economic empowerment, visit here.
About Visa Inc.
Visa (NYSE: V) is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere and see access as foundational to the future of money movement. Learn more at Visa.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
MSCI Appoints Jana Haines as Head of Index30.11.2023 15:14:00 CET | Press release
MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of mission-critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community, today announced that Jana Haines has joined the firm as Head of Index and as a member of MSCI’s Executive Committee. Based in New York, Ms. Haines will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of MSCI’s global Index product line. She will partner with senior leaders across the firm to manage the Index product development process. Ms. Haines will aim to drive innovation across index categories, including market cap, sustainability, climate, factors, thematics and asset classes, such as fixed income and private assets. "As a longtime business leader, Jana has a proven track record of strategic thinking and a unique understanding of the value of MSCI’s indexes to investors,” said Baer Pettit, President and Chief Operating Officer of MSCI. “Jana’s extensive expertise in the global financial industry will be critical to MSCI building an ev
Empatica Announces Plans for Landmark Clinical Study to Develop an AI-Based Seizure Forecast Based on Wearable Real-World Data30.11.2023 14:29:00 CET | Press release
Empatica, a digital health and AI company developing medical-grade wearables and digital biomarkers for health monitoring and diagnostics, today announced plans to launch a first-of-its-kind study aimed at developing a seizure forecasting algorithm for people living with epilepsy, based on real-world data collected using its technology. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231130692933/en/ Empatica announces plans to develop an AI-based seizure forecasting algorithm based on wearable real-world Data (Graphic: Business Wire) More than 3 million Americans suffer from epilepsy, according to numbers from the Centers for Disease Control. And around one third of people with epilepsy have refractory epilepsy which occurs when medications no longer control seizures1. Epileptic seizures are disruptive health events that can have a significant negative impact on quality of life and increase risk of injury and death for peopl
QPS Holdings, LLC divests its Neuropharmacology Business Unit30.11.2023 14:15:00 CET | Press release
Today QPS Holdings, LLC (QPS) a leading drug development Contract Research Organization (CRO), announces an agreement to sell its Neuropharmacology business unit (QPS Neuropharmacology) to Scantox, a leading Nordic pre-clinical, GLP-accredited CRO. QPS Neuropharmacology, based in Grambach, Austria and focused on drug discovery, specializes in neurodegenerative diseases, rare diseases and mental disorders. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231130940694/en/ QPS Neuropharmacology facility in Grambach, Austria. (Graphic: Business Wire) Founded in 1999, QPS Neuropharmacology has built a strong global reputation for high quality services that are deeply scientifically rooted and has an undisputed track-record of serving a loyal and broad customer base globally. This long history of developing expertise within neuropharmacology preclinical studies has contributed to strong year-on-year growth and positioned the organiz
ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance30.11.2023 13:00:00 CET | Press release
ASICS, the global leader in athletic footwear and apparel, has selected pure-play customer data platform (CDP) BlueConic to reimagine the way it engages with customers. The move will empower the ASICS team to support a growing number of personalization projects while remaining compliant with consumer data privacy regulations around the globe. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231128796155/en/ ASICS teams up with BlueConic to deliver personalization at scale. (Photo: Business Wire) With operations across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Oceania, ASICS is best known for its sports apparel, shoes, equipment, and accessories for men, women, and children. The company acquired fitness app RunKeeper in 2016 for its potential as a one-on-one marketing channel. With a focus on increasing engagement and loyalty both within the app and across brands, channels, and regions, ASICS will use BlueConic to unify
LTIMindtree Partners with Metasphere to Deliver Smart Sewers Solutions30.11.2023 12:00:00 CET | Press release
LTIMindtree [NSE: LTIM, BSE: 540005], a global technology consulting and digital solutions company, announced that it has been selected as a strategic partner by Metasphere, a wastewater application specialist, to scale their Smart Sewers management platform. As a part of this engagement, LTIMindtree will transform Metasphere’s next-generation wastewater monitoring solution portfolio, and enable scalable delivery and platform to their customers. Metasphere, part of Grundfos, provides smart network management solutions to the global utility industry. The company helps customers prevent leaks and spills for a cleaner, greener world and has deployed more than 200K sensors for their customers worldwide. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, the company offers intelligent, innovative, all-in-one wastewater application solutions. These solutions provide full network visibility, performance and forecasting that reduce telemetry ownership cost for customers to manage time-critical remote asse