Zoom Announces Latest Certifications and Innovations for Enhanced Platform Security
Zoom highlights recent security and privacy efforts with new global third-party certifications and product features
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZM) today announced it has recently received a variety of third-party certifications and attestations, unveiled product innovations, and established programs, which collectively demonstrate the many initiatives undertaken at Zoom that help protect the security and privacy of its users.
“Safety, security, and privacy are at the core of how we make decisions at Zoom and enhance our platform,” said Jason Lee, Chief Information Security Officer at Zoom. “We remain committed to being a platform that users can trust for all of their online interactions, information, and business.”
Third-party certifications and attestations demonstrate effectiveness
At Zoom, third-party certifications and standards are integral to its security program’s foundation. Zoom recently expanded its list of growing attestations with the following:
- Publication of a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) on Zoom’s Meetings, Webinar, and Chat services from SURF. SURF, the collaborative organization for IT in Dutch education and research, and Zoom agreed to several actions in the course of collaborating on the DPIA. These include new features, improved transparency and documentation, enhanced practices, and a measurement plan. Learn more about the outcomes here.
- Achievement of the Cyber Essentials Plus certification. This demonstrates Zoom’s commitment to the UK by achieving a security scheme, which makes it easier for local customers to assess the company’s IT systems. Learn more about this certification here.
- Provisional Authorization (PA) for Zoom for Government from Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) for the Department of Defense (DoD) at Impact Level 4 (IL4). With this PA, the entire Zoom for Government platform will be available for use for those organizations in need of IL4-authorized solutions. Learn more about this authorization here.
- Common Criteria Certification. The Zoom Meeting Client is the first video communications client to attain certification for Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level 2 (v3.1 rev. 5), issued by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). Learn more about the certification here.
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification and SOC 2 + HITRUST requirements. Zoom Meetings, Zoom Phone, Zoom Chat, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar are now certified as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) / International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 27001:2013 compliant. Zoom also expanded the scope of its SOC 2 Type II report to include additional criteria to meet Health Information Trust Alliance Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF) control requirements. Learn more here.
Features designed for security and privacy
In addition, Zoom continues to enhance its security features for all users with the introduction of recent innovations such as automatic updates in the Zoom client. With automatic updates, Zoom is helping users to receive important security fixes and other features, improving their overall experience with the Zoom platform.
Innovations that will soon be available include a Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) offering, which will be released this year, and Zoom’s end-to-end encryption (E2EE) offering will be rolled out to Zoom Phone, for one-on-one, intra-account phone calls that occur via the Zoom client later this year.
Industry collaboration for a more secure future
To meet the growing needs of its global customer base, Zoom has established programs that bring in expertise and skills from around the world to inform security innovation and identify potential threats. These include a CISO Council to foster a strategic feedback loop for upcoming security and privacy innovation, and the development of a Data Security and Protection (DSP) Toolkit in support of the National Health Service (NHS). Additionally, Zoom offers bespoke solutions for specific audiences across industries and locations, such as:
- ZoomX powered by Telekom. Zoom and Deutsche Telekom committed to developing a joint solution specifically for the German market called Zoom X powered by Telekom, which combines the experience customers love from Zoom with the trusted network and service delivered by Deutsche Telekom. Leveraging Zoom’s seamless video communications platform, customers are enabled to set up and manage meetings intuitively across all end devices.
- Zoom for Government. Zoom for Government, which is designed for U.S. federal agencies, is also available to U.S. state and local government customers, as well as other approved businesses and organizations that support the U.S. government. Zoom for Government includes 256-bit AES-GCM encryption as well as optional end-to-end encryption (E2EE) for Zoom Meetings. The Zoom for Government platform (which includes Zoom Meetings, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone) has achieved the following:
- FedRAMP Moderate authorization in February 2019
- An Authorization to Operate with Conditions (ATO-C) at Department of Defense Impact Level 4 (DoD IL4) for Zoom Meetings with the Department of the U.S. Air Force in June 2021
- A Provisional Authorization from the Defense Information Systems Agency for DoD IL4 in March 2022
- A Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) attestation in January 2022
- A HIPAA attestation in March 2021
Tapping into the power of the security community
In addition to the daily testing that Zoom conducts on its solutions and infrastructure, Zoom invested in a skilled global team of security researchers via a private bug bounty program. Hosted on HackerOne’s platform, the world’s most trusted provider of ethical hacking solutions, the program led to the recruitment of over 800 security researchers whose collective work resulted in the submission of numerous bug reports, and awards of over $2.4 million in bug bounty payments since the program was introduced. In 2021 alone, Zoom awarded over $1.8 million across 401 reports.
Furthering education on Zoom security and privacy features
Zoom keeps privacy and security top of mind for all end users. Zoom launched its Trust Center, a one-stop shop for assets and information on Zoom compliance, privacy, safety, and security. It includes compliance and corporate governance resources, a detailed privacy overview, security resources and certifications, a detailed trust and safety overview, and more. Zoom also recently introduced its Learning Center, which provides a series of free courses to get the most out of Zoom. Users can complete a “Zoom Security Basics” training and earn the “Security Champion” badge. The Zoom Trust Center and Learning Center also contain information on Zoom’s security features and how to keep meetings secure. This includes pre-meeting and in-meeting settings such as passwords set at the individual meeting, user, group, or account level; meeting Waiting Rooms; the ability to lock a meeting, remove, mute or place participants on hold; and much more.
To learn more about Zoom privacy and security, explore Zoom’s Trust Center.
Zoom is for you. Zoom is a space where you can connect to others, share ideas, make plans, and build toward a future limited only by your imagination. Our frictionless communications platform is the only one that started with video as its foundation, and we have set the standard for innovation ever since. That is why we are an intuitive, scalable, and secure choice for individuals, small businesses, and large enterprises alike. Founded in 2011, Zoom is publicly traded (NASDAQ: ZM) and headquartered in San Jose, California. Visit zoom.com and follow @zoom.
Zoom Public Relations
Security & Privacy PR Lead
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Kalera - Last day of trading in Kalera AS' shares on Euronext Growth Oslo25.5.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
OSLO, Norway, May 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reference is made to the stock exchange announcement published by Kalera AS (the "Company") (Euronext Growth Oslo: KAL, Bloomberg: KSLLF) on 13 May 2022 regarding the merger with its wholly-owned Luxembourg subsidiary Kalera S.A. (the "Merger"). The Merger will become effective upon publication of the minutes from Kalera S.A.'s general meeting approving the Merger in accordance with Luxembourg law. Such publication, and the effectiveness of the Merger, is expected to occur on 27 May 2022 (the "Effectiveness"). The last day of trading in the Company's shares on Euronext Growth Oslo is today, 25 May 2022. A trading suspension will be imposed by the Oslo Stock Exchange following end of trading today, and the trading suspension will remain in force until the Effectiveness. As of the Effectiveness, all of the Company's assets, rights and liabilities will be transferred to Kalera S.A., and the Company will be dissolved and have it shares deliste
Reminder of an Investor Conference Webinar25.5.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
We would like to remind that KN invites shareholders, investors, analysts, and other stakeholders to join its investor conference webinar scheduled on May 27th of 2022 at 9.00 am (EET). The presentation will be held in English. The webinar will be hosted by KN Chief Executive Officer Darius Šilenskis and Chief Financial Officer Mindaugas Kvekšas who will introduce the performance and unaudited financial results of KN for the three months of 2022. How to join the webinar? To join the webinar, please register via following link: https://nasdaq.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aVz8e35rRqO1UC5O3WBp4AYou will be provided with the webinar link and instructions how to join successfully. When joining the webinar for the first time, you will be asked to register on the Zoom platform. The webinar will be recorded and available online for everyone at the company’s website on www.kn.lt and on Nasdaq Baltic youtube.com account. What is a corporate webinar? A corporate webinar is a virtual conference, du
Saniona publishes its interim report for the first quarter of 202225.5.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Q12022 (Q12021) Revenue was SEK 6.6 M (3.4 M)Operating loss was SEK -133.2 M (-94.1 M) Net loss was SEK -133.4 M (-83.4 M)Loss per share was SEK -2.14 (-1.34)Diluted loss per share was SEK -2.14 (-1.34) Business highlights in Q1 2022 Saniona initiated the Multiple Ascending Dose (MAD) stage and the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) stage of its Phase 1 trial of SAN711; The ongoing Phase 1 trial is placebo-controlled, and the data remain blinded. Saniona continues to expect data from the trial by mid-2022.Saniona received SEK 7.3 million (US$0.8 million) from Novartis related to Novartis’s January 2021 acquisition of Cadent Therapeutics, in which Saniona held a 3% ownership stake. This payment, in addition to the previously received SEK 24.2 million (US$2.9 million), together complete Saniona’s portion of the upfront payment connected to the acquisition. Saniona may also receive a portion of the remaining SEK 5.1 billion (US$560 million) in contingent payments associated with the achie
Saniona publicerar sin delårsrapport för det första kvartalet 202225.5.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Q1 2022 (Q1 2021) Intäkter uppgick till 6,6 MSEK (3,4 M)Rörelseresultat uppgick till -133,2 MSEK (-94,1 M) Periodens resultat uppgick till -133,4 MSEK (-83,4 M)Resultat per aktie uppgick till -2,14 SEK (-1,34)Resultat per aktie efter utspädning uppgick till -2,14 SEK (-1,34) Väsentliga händelser under Q1 2022 Saniona inledde upprepad dosering med doseskalering (MAD) samt undersökningar med positronemissionstomografi (PET) i Fas 1-studien med SAN711; den pågående Fas 1-studien är placebokontrollerad och data är fortfarande blindade. Saniona räknar fortsatt med att få tillgång till data från studien under mitten av 2022.Saniona erhöll 7,3 MSEK (0,8 MUSD) från Novartis relaterat till Novartis förvärv av Cadent Therapeutics i januari 2021, där Saniona hade en ägarandel på 3 procent. Denna betalning, utöver de tidigare erhållna 24,2 MSEK (2,9 MUSD), utgör tillsammans Sanionas del av förskottsbetalningen kopplad till förvärvet. Saniona kan också komma att erhålla en andel av de återstående 5
Avance Gas Holding Ltd Reports Unaudited Results for the First Quarter of 202225.5.2022 07:01:00 CEST | Press release
BERMUDA, 25 May 2022 – Avance Gas Holding Ltd (OSE: AGAS or the “Company”) today reported unaudited results for the first quarter 2022. HIGHLIGHTS The average time charter equivalent (TCE) rate was $37,608/day compared to $27,631/day in Q4 2021.Daily operating expenses (OPEX) were $8,459/day, up from $8,139/day in Q4 2021.A&G expenses were $1,126/day, down from $1,351/day in Q4 2021.Net profit of $24.3 million compared to $7.5 million for the fourth quarter 2021, or earnings per share of 32 cent compared to 10 cent for the fourth quarter.During the first quarter 2022, the CEO and the Chairman elected to step-down. The Board resolved to appoint Øystein Kalleklev as Executive Chairman and Jens Martin Jensen as a Director of the Company.During the first quarter 2022, the Company took delivery of Avance Polaris and Avance Capella, the first two of its six dual fuel 91,000 cbm VLGC newbuildings from Daewoo Shipyard in South Korea. The vessels were shortly thereafter delivered on Time Charte