Solvay third quarter and nine months results
The full financial report can be found on: https://www.solvay.com/en/investors/financial-reporting/solvay-earnings
An analyst webcast will be held at 14:00, please see https://www.solvay.com/en/investors/financial-calendar-events-presentations/investor-days/2019-strategy-review
Underlying EBITDA (Q3: €601m +0.4%, -1.8% organic ; 9M: €1,796m -0.2%, -2.6% organic)
- In Q3 underlying  EBITDA was up +0.4%. Excluding conversion forex and scope impacts, underlying EBITDA fell -1.8% organically , as continued volume growth in composites, higher pricing in performance chemicals and particular focus on cost discipline mitigated the effects of persistent low demand in the automotive, electronics and oil & gas markets.
- In the first nine months underlying EBITDA was largely stable at -0.2%. On an organic  basis, underlying EBITDA was -2.6% below last year. The underlying EBITDA margin was sustained at 23%.
- Advanced Materials (Q3: €301m -1.6% organic  ; 9M: €891m -8.4% organic )
- Double-digit volume growth in composites for aircraft continued into Q3, resulting in record performance, ahead of an anticipated slowdown in Q4.
- The Q3 performance of the Specialty Polymers business was impacted by the continued headwinds in the automotive and electronics markets, and by the reduction of Solvay’s inventory levels, which adversely affected costs.
- Advanced Formulations (Q3: €123m -17% organic  ; 9M: €388m -9.7% organic )
- Aroma Performance as well as the coatings and care activities in Novecare remained solid in Q3. Order levels in agro and mining were lower, following a strong Q2. Numerous cost actions partly compensated the impact of lower sales on EBITDA.
- The North American shale oil & gas market continued to decline in Q3 and Solvay’s competitive position further deteriorated in the quarter.
- Performance Chemicals (Q3: €216m +4.4% organic  ; 9M: €646m +8.7% )
- Price increases were maintained, leading to a strong increase of Q3 returns in the soda ash and peroxide businesses, in a stable demand environment. Results further benefited from deepened operational efficiency measures.
Underlying EPS  from continuing operations (9M: €6.68 -2.7%)
- The evolution of the underlying EPS  from continuing operations reflects the EBITDA performance in the first nine months of the year, as well as the effects of reduced financial charges and higher depreciation and amortization.
Impairment impact €(656)m post-tax
- The further decline of the shale oil and gas stimulation market in North America and the pressure on field service companies drove the commoditization of fracking technologies, leading to a switch away from Solvay’s specialty solutions. These developments changed the underlying growth fundamentals of this business and reduced expectations on this business’ future growth. This led to a non-cash impairment of €(656) million post-tax on the combined former Rhodia and Chemlogics oil & gas assets (see page 9).
FCF to Solvay shareholders from continuing operations (9M: €345m +€217m)
- A strong focus on working capital management contributed to the generation of free cash flow to Solvay shareholders of €345 million on a continuing basis year to date, an improvement of +€217 million. The strong delivery of €313 million in Q3 primarily reflects the improvement of quarterly cash phasing.
- Total free cash flow to Solvay shareholders was €527 million year to date, including €182 million from discontinued operations. This contributed to an operational deleveraging of net financial debt by €140 million, an improvement of €241 million over 2018.
- Interim dividend of €1.50 gross per share , a +4.2% increase, will be payable on January 20, 2020.
2019 full year outlook confirmed
Solvay expects organic underlying EBITDA growth  between ‑2% and ‑3% year on year and free cash flow to Solvay shareholders from continuing operations  of around €490 million, in line with previous full year guidance. At current exchange rates, the expected underlying EBITDA translates into around €2,330 million, broadly flat compared to 2018.
CEO Ilham Kadri commented:
“Solvay delivered solid earnings and cash in the first nine months, and particularly in the third quarter, overcoming persistent challenges in the macro-economic environment. This performance benefits from enterprise-wide discipline and focus on costs and cash, which gives us the confidence to overcome the headwinds and reconfirm the guidance.
Today, we also share our strategic roadmap, outlining the path to unleash Solvay’s full potential to drive growth and improve cash and returns.”
All comparisons are made year on year with 2018 pro forma figures, as if IFRS 16 had already been implemented in 2018, unless stated otherwise.
 Underlying figures adjust IFRS figures for the non-cash Purchase Price Allocation (PPA) accounting impacts related to acquisitions, for the coupons of perpetual hybrid bonds classified as equity under IFRS but treated as debt in the underlying statements, and for other elements to generate a measure that avoids distortion and facilitates the appreciation of performance and comparability of results over time.
 Organic growth excludes forex conversion and scope effects, as well as the effect from the implementation of IFRS 16.
 Underlying earnings per share, basic calculation.
 Organic growth excludes forex conversion and scope effects, and compares to €2,330 pro forma in 2018, which already includes the €100 million IFRS 16 effect.
 Free cash flow to Solvay shareholders is free cash flow post financing payments and dividends to non-controlling interests, and compares to €566 million in 2018.
 As in previous years, the interim dividend corresponds to 40% of the full year dividend of the prior year.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
PRF: Amendment to the financial calendar of AS PRFoods12.11.2019 19:00:00 CET | Press release
AS PRFoods has made the following amendment to the financial calender - Unaudited interim report for 3 months 2019/2020 will be published on the 30th of November 2019 instead of the 46th week as previously announced. Indrek Kasela AS PRFoods Member of the Management Board Phone: +372 452 1470 email@example.com www.prfoods.ee
Heijmans and De Wever: 220 homes in Berkel-Enschot and Tilburg12.11.2019 17:30:00 CET | Press release
Heijmans and geriatric care organization De Wever, which is an organisation that provides care to the elderly, have concluded a cooperation agreement for the phased development of approximately 220 owner-occupier and rental homes in Berkel-Enschot and Tilburg. Part of the homes (112 care apartments) is intended for senior citizens with divergent care needs. The project is valued at around € 65 million. Heijmans and De Wever respond to the increasing demand for suitable homes for senior citizens in Berkel-Enschot and Tilburg by means of this cooperation. Part of the apartments is intended for senior citizens who require nursing home care. With this project Heijmans contributes to creating a healthy living environment for these target groups. The project focuses among other things on laying out indoor and outdoor spaces intended for shared use, as a result of which residents can meet each other. A new apartment complex with 52 apartments for hospital (intramural) care is being realized i
Prosafe SE: Mandatory notification of trade12.11.2019 16:09:00 CET | Press release
Ryan Stewart, Chief Commercial Officer, has on 12 November 2019 purchased 45,000 shares in Prosafe SE at an average price of NOK 4.2565 per share. Following the transaction, Ryan Stewart owns 45,260 shares in Prosafe SE. Prosafe is a leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. The Company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS. For more information, please refer to www.prosafe.com Stavanger, 12 November 2019 Prosafe SE For further information, please contact: Jesper K. Andresen, CEO Phone: +47 51 65 24 30 / +47 907 65 155 Stig H. Christiansen, Deputy CEO and CFO Phone: +47 51 64 25 17 / +47 478 07 813 This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act
SDLP - Seadrill Partners LLC Third Quarter 2019 Cash Distribution12.11.2019 15:37:00 CET | Press release
London, United Kingdom, November 12, 2019 - Seadrill Partners LLC (OTCQB:SDLPF) ("Seadrill Partners" or the "Company") announces today that a distribution of $0.01 per unit has been declared with respect to the third quarter ended September 30, 2019, in line with the second quarter distribution. The third quarter cash distribution will be paid on November 27, 2019 to all unitholders of record as of the close of business on November 22, 2019. FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS This news release includes forward looking statements. Such statements are generally not historical in nature, and specifically include statements about the Company's plans, strategies, business prospects, changes and trends in its business and the markets in which it operates. In particular, statements regarding offshore drilling markets, the Company's ability to make cash distributions, the expected performance of the drilling units in the Company's fleet, estimated duration of customer contracts, contract dayrate amoun
DNO ASA: FAPE01 bond buyback12.11.2019 15:25:00 CET | Press release
Oslo, 12 November 2019 - DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today purchased USD 2.6 million in nominal value of FAPE01 bonds (ISIN NO0010811268) originally issued by Faroe Petroleum plc, and renamed DNO North Sea plc. The bonds were purchased at a price of 107.25. Following the bond buyback, USD 23.6 million in nominal value of the FAPE01 bonds remain outstanding with DNO ASA holding the balance of USD 62.2 million. The FAPE01 bonds mature on 28 April 2023. -- For further information, please contact: Media: firstname.lastname@example.org Investors: email@example.com -- DNO ASA is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East and the North Sea. Founded in 1971 and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, the Company holds stakes in onshore and offshore licenses at various stages of exploration, development and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Norway, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Ireland and Yemen. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant
PCI Biotech to present at BIO-Europe 201912.11.2019 15:11:00 CET | Press release
Oslo, Norway, November 12, 2019 PCI Biotech (OSE:PCIB), a clinical-stage company developing innovative therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs, today announced that it will present at BIO-Europe 2019 being held November 11-13, 2019 at Hamburg Messe, Germany. On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 09:15am (CET), Dr. Per Walday, CEO, will present an overview of PCI Biotech’s technology and the multiple business development and commercial opportunities available based on this proprietary platform. The presentation will be made available on PCI Biotech’s website (www.pcibiotech.com ) under “Other presentations”. About PCI Biotech PCI Biotech is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on development and commercialisation of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer through its innovative photochemical internalisation (PCI) technology platform. PCI is applied to three distinct anticancer paradigms: fimaChem (enhancement of chemotherapeutics for localised treatment of cancer), fi