Skyharbour Receives $1.2 Million from Warrant Exercise and Partner Company Valor Announces Radiometrics Reveal New Anomalies at Hook Lake Project with On-Ground Work Underway
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Skyharbour Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: SYH)(OTCQB: SYHBF) (Frankfurt: SC1P) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce that partner company Valor Resources Limited (“Valor”) has provided an update on results from the recently completed high-resolution airborne radiometric survey and the commencement of on-ground work at the Hook Lake Project (previously the North Falcon Point Project). The radiometric survey was completed in late July and covered the northeastern third of the Hook Lake Project including the Hook Lake/Zone S historical high-grade uranium occurrence. Numerous anomalies have been identified from the survey (see Figure 1 below). Total count radiometric anomalies were ranked with the highest priority anomalies being strongly correlated with the uranium channel count.
Hook Lake (Formally North Falcon Point) Project:
The survey was flown by Special Projects Inc. (“SPI”) from Calgary, Alberta who are considered an industry-leading provider of high-resolution airborne radiometric surveying. SPI flew the radiometric survey that delineated Fission Uranium’s PLS boulder field which eventually led to the discovery of the high-grade uranium Triple R deposit.
The Hook Lake Project consists of 16 contiguous mining claims covering 25,846 hectares, located 60 km east of the Key Lake Uranium Mine in northern Saskatchewan. Skyharbour signed a Definitive Agreement with Valor Resources on the Hook Lake Uranium Project whereby Valor can earn-in 80% of the Project through $3,500,000 in total exploration expenditures, $475,000 in total cash payments over three years and an initial share issuance of 233,333,333 shares of Valor.
- Airborne Radiometric survey highlights several new targets:
- North-western area identified as new area of interest with a cluster of Priority 1 and 2 anomalies
- Several other Priority 1 and 2 anomalies identified away from known historical occurrences
- Hook Lake/Zone S historical high-grade uranium occurrence confirmed as Priority 1 target
- On-ground work underway to:
- Follow up and confirm historical uranium occurrences
- Follow up areas of interest from the recent Airborne magnetic and VLF-EM survey
- Follow up anomalies identified in recently completed Radiometric Survey
Of note is the cluster of Priority 1 and 2 anomalies identified in the northwest of the Project area where no uranium occurrences have previously been identified. The historical high-grade uranium occurrence at the Hook Lake (or Zone S) prospect was confirmed as a Priority 1 radiometric anomaly, with a Priority 2 anomaly located approximately 3km to the northeast along strike. There are additional Priority 1 and 2 anomalies away from known occurrences that require on-ground follow- up.
On-ground follow-up work has commenced which is being conducted by Dahrouge Geological Consulting Ltd. This work is focused on validating and developing the geological understanding of the historic uranium occurrences, such as the Hook Lake (or Zone S) prospect. The field crew will also follow-up on the new targets generated from the magnetic/VLF-EM survey completed in April and the priority anomalies identified from the recently completed airborne radiometric survey. A field crew supported by a helicopter is carrying out the field program over a period of 2-3 weeks.
About Hook Lake (previously North Falcon Point) Project:
Valor has the right to earn an 80% working interest in the Hook Lake Uranium Project located 60 km east of the Key Lake Uranium Mine in northern Saskatchewan. Covering 25,846 hectares, the 16 contiguous mineral claims host several prospective areas of uranium mineralization including:
- Hook Lake / Zone S - High grade surface outcrop with reported grades in grab samples up to 68% U3O8; a bio-geochemical survey carried out over the trenches in 2015 responded positively with along-strike anomalies 2 km to the northeast
- Nob Hill - Fracture-controlled vein-type uranium mineralization on surface outcrop with up to 0.130% - 0.141% U3O8 in grab samples; diamond drilling intersected anomalous uranium in several drill holes with values up to 422 ppm U over 0.5 m
- West Way - Vein type U mineralization within a NE-trending shear zone; grab samples taken from the surface showing contained variable uranium values including up to 0.475% U3O8 and drilling of the structure intersected the altered shear zone at depth, along with anomalous Cu, Ni, Co, As, V, U, & Pb
- Grid T - Fracture-hosted secondary uranium mineralization in sheared calc-silicates and marbles in a 100 m x 20 m zone of anomalous radioactivity with grab samples having up to 800 ppm U
- Alexander Lake Boulder Field - 30 biotite-quartz-k-feldspar pegmatite boulders NE of Alexander Lake; the best results include 360 ppm U, 1,400 ppm U and 1,600 ppm U respectively
- Thompson Lake Boulder Field - Numerous radioactive boulders and blocks of pegmatized meta-arkose, pegmatite, and granite; the best value obtained was 738 ppm U from a granite boulder
- NE Alexander Lake – Several calc-silicate, plagioclase-quartz granulite, quartzite, and meta-arkose boulders with up to 4,800 ppm U, 7,600 ppm Mo and 1,220 ppm Ni
The Project area is in close proximity to two all-weather northern highways and grid power. Historical exploration has consisted of airborne and ground geophysics, multi-phased diamond drill campaigns, detailed geochemical sampling and surveys, and ground-based prospecting culminating in an extensive geological database for the Project area.
Skyharbour also announces that it has received an aggregate $1,204,713 from the exercise of share purchase warrants recently. A total of 4,461,900 warrants have been exercised since late June with a strike price of 27 cents with this batch of warrants expiring on August 10th. Skyharbour is fully funded for its ongoing and expanded drill program at its flagship Moore Lake Uranium Project with a total of over CAD $8.5 million in cash and in shares of partner companies. Partner companies Azincourt, Orano and Valor Resources are funding the bulk of the exploration programs at the Preston, East Preston and Hook Lake (previously North Falcon Point) Projects, respectively.
The technical information in this news release has been prepared in accordance with the Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101 and reviewed and approved by Richard Kusmirski, P.Geo., M.Sc., Skyharbour’s Head Technical Advisor and a Director, as well as a Qualified Person.
About Valor Resources Ltd:
Valor Resources Limited (ASX: VAL) is an exploration company focused on creating shareholder value through acquisitions and exploration activities.
About Skyharbour Resources Ltd.:
Skyharbour holds an extensive portfolio of uranium exploration Projects in Canada's Athabasca Basin and is well positioned to benefit from improving uranium market fundamentals with six drill-ready Projects covering over 240,000 hectares of land. Skyharbour has acquired from Denison Mines, a large strategic shareholder of the Company, a 100% interest in the Moore Uranium Project which is located 15 kilometres east of Denison's Wheeler River Project and 39 kilometres south of Cameco's McArthur River uranium mine. Moore is an advanced stage uranium exploration property with high grade uranium mineralization at the Maverick Zone that returned drill results of up to 6.0% U3O8 over 5.9 metres including 20.8% U3O8 over 1.5 metres at a vertical depth of 265 metres. The Company is actively advancing the Project through drill programs.
Skyharbour has a joint-venture with industry-leader Orano Canada Inc. at the Preston Project whereby Orano has earned a 51% interest in the Project through exploration expenditures and cash payments. Skyharbour now owns a 24.5% interest in the Project. Skyharbour also has a joint-venture with Azincourt Energy at the East Preston Project whereby Azincourt has earned a 70% interest in the Project through exploration expenditures, cash payments and share issuance. Skyharbour now owns a 15% interest in the Project. Preston and East Preston are large, geologically prospective properties proximal to Fission Uranium's Triple R deposit as well as NexGen Energy's Arrow deposit.
The Company also owns a 100% interest in the South Falcon Uranium Project on the eastern perimeter of the Basin, which contains a NI 43-101 inferred resource totaling 7.0 million pounds of U3O8 at 0.03% and 5.3 million pounds of ThO2 at 0.023%. Skyharbour has signed a Definitive Agreement with ASX-listed Valor Resources on the Hooke Lake (previously North Falcon Point) Uranium Project whereby Valor can earn-in 80% of the Project through $3,500,000 in total exploration expenditures, $475,000 in total cash payments over three years and an initial share issuance.
Skyharbour's goal is to maximize shareholder value through new mineral discoveries, committed long-term partnerships, and the advancement of exploration Projects in geopolitically favourable jurisdictions.
Skyharbour’s Uranium Project Map in the Athabasca Basin:
To find out more about Skyharbour Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: SYH) visit the Company’s website at www.skyharbourltd.com.
SKYHARBOUR RESOURCES LTD.
President and CEO
For further information contact myself or:
Corporate Development and Communications
Skyharbour Resources Ltd.
Toll Free: 800-567-8181
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS NEWS RELEASE.
This release includes certain statements that may be deemed to be "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address events or developments that management of the Company expects, are forward-looking statements. Although management believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements if management's beliefs, estimates or opinions, or other factors, should change. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements, include market prices, exploration and development successes, continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions. Please see the public filings of the Company at www.sedar.com for further information.
To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Nelson Labs® and Sterigenics® Open State-of-the-Art Laboratory and Expand Sterilization Facilities to Meet Growing Customer Demand in Europe28.9.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Press release
SALT LAKE CITY and OAK BROOK, Ill., Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nelson Labs and Sterigenics Germany GmbH, global leaders in comprehensive laboratory testing and sterilization services, announced today the opening of a newly expanded, center of excellence for microbiological laboratory testing as well as increased sterilization capacity in their Wiesbaden, Germany facilities. This expansion will address the significantly increased demand for these services by the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. The Wiesbaden laboratory facility, part of the global Nelson Labs network since 2016, has significantly increased overall laboratory space and state-of-the-art capabilities to meet the increased global regulatory demands of medical and pharmaceutical customers. “With the continued growth and success of our laboratory in Wiesbaden, Nelson Labs had outgrown its current facility. To better serve our customers, we needed to expand,” said Joe Shrawder, President, Nelson Labs. This
CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF RIKSBANK CERTIFICATES28.9.2021 09:30:00 CEST | Press release
Bid date, 2021-09-28Auction date2021-09-28Settlement date2021-09-29Maturity Date2021-10-06Nominal amount533 billion SEKInterest rate, %0.00Bid times09.30-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateConfirmation of bids to firstname.lastname@example.orgThe lowest accepted bid volume1 million SEKThe highest accepted bid volume533 billion SEKAllocation Time10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateProjected minimum liquidity surplus during the term1065 billion SEKExpected excess liquidity at full allotment532 billion SEK Stockholm, 2021-09-28
Another important step for dLab and Dala Energi28.9.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
We are happy to announce that our journey with Dala Energi takes yet another important step! The product dAnalyzer Lite from cleantech company Dlaboratory Sweden AB (dLab), are being integrated to one more station, Lindan. Dala Energi's business concept is to offer solutions in energy and digital communication that help people and companies live and develop in our countryside in an easy, efficient, and sustainable way and dLab is happy to support Dala Energi in realizing their mission. dLab’s dInsight Analytics Platform provides a decision support system including a broad set of features and services. One of these features is dAnalyzer, collecting grid data from its minimal hardware, completely independent of age and make, including high-resolution sensors. The data is analyzed and put into meaningful context through a web-based interface; thereby enabling proactive fault detection as well as proactive maintenance. In modern substations equipped with digital protection relays including
DNO Updates North Sea Drilling28.9.2021 08:27:36 CEST | Press release
Oslo, 28 September 2021 – DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today reported an oil discovery on the Gomez prospect in its operated PL006C license offshore Norway. The exploration well encountered hydrocarbons in the primary target in the Våle Formation of Paleocene Age. The reservoir is a 23 meters thick, homogeneous sandstone of poor to moderate quality. A small amount of oil was recovered during logging. The oil/water contact was not encountered. Based on preliminary assessments, there is uncertainty whether the reservoir can be commercially produced and no estimate of recoverable volumes has been established at this stage. DNO holds a 65 percent interest in the PL006C license and together with its partner Aker BP (35 percent) will study the extensive data collected during the operation before deciding next steps. In a separate announcement, Equinor as operator of license PL159B (DNO 32 percent) has reported that the recently completed Black Vulture exploration well did not
Statkraft sells Andershaw Wind Farm and retains long-term management role28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Press release
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC has purchased 100% of Statkraft’s ownership in Andershaw Wind Farm - Statkraft to retain long-term operations and maintenance as well as asset management - The two companies have also signed an extension of the existing PPA agreement (UK and Norway, 28 Sept 2021) Statkraft, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, has today announced the sale of Andershaw Wind Farm in Scotland, to Greencoat UK Wind PLC for a purchase price of £121m (including cash and working capital). Statkraft, who together with Catamount Energy*, began joint development of the project in 2006 and operation in 2017, will maintain day-to-day operation and maintenance, as well as asset management responsibilities until 2037. The company has also negotiated an extension of its existing long-term market access power purchase agreement. * Andershaw Wind Farm (36 MW installed capacity), south of Glasgow, produces enough energy to meet the annual needs of about 26,000 homes. Eivind Torblaa, Vi
Statkraft selger Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland og fortsetter å drifte vindparken28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Pressemelding
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC har kjøpt hele Andershaw Wind Farm fra Statkraft - Statkraft vil levere alle drifts- og vedlikeholdstjenester for vindparken til Greencoat UK Wind - Partene har også forlenget en eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtale (Oslo/London, 28. september 2021) Statkraft, Europas største produsent av fornybar energi, har solgt Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland til Greencoat UK Wind PLC for 121 millioner pund, inkludert kontanter og arbeidskapital. Statkraft startet utviklingen av prosjektet i 2006 og vindparken ble satt i drift i 2017. I forbindelse med salget er det avtalt at Statkraft skal fortsette å drifte anlegget, samt levere alle vedlikeholds- og eieroppfølgingstjenester til Greencoat fram til 2037. En forlengelse av den eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtalen er også avtalt. Vindparken som ligger sør for Glasgow har elleve turbiner, en samlet installert effekt på 36 MW og produserer nok fornybar energi til å dekke forbruket i rundt 26.000 britiske husstander. Eivind Torblaa, Vice Pre
Teledyne to showcase comprehensive portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology at Vision 202128.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teledyne, a part of Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY], and a global leader in machine vision technology, will exhibit their newest technologies at Vision 2021 taking place October 5-7, 2021 in Stuttgart, Germany. Teledyne will display the world’s most comprehensive, vertically integrated portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology including the latest from newly acquired Teledyne FLIR. Visit the Teledyne booth and explore the unmatched capabilities and products from Teledyne’s DALSA, e2v, FLIR, and Lumenera business units. Your one source for unlimited vision will be on display at Stand 8 B10. Teledyne will participate in the Industrial Vision Days with keynote and technology presentations taking place Wednesday, October 6, 2021: At 9:20 AM join Teledyne DALSA’s Matthias Sonder delivering his presentation entitled “Clarity at High Speed” At 4:20 PM be sure to attend Teledyne e2v’s Sergio Morillas speaking about “Highly r