Sinch AB (publ): Year-end report January – December 2020
Year-end report January – December 2020
October – December 2020
- Net sales increased by 95 percent to SEK 2,999.5 million (1,540.7). Organic growth was 43 percent.
- Gross profit increased by 81 percent to SEK 795.7 million (439.9). Organic growth was 37 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 increased by 63 percent to SEK 325.7 million (199.5).
- Adjusted EBIT2 amounted to SEK 303.7 million (185.7).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 212.6 million (94.7).
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.48 (1.77) and diluted earnings per share were SEK 3.37 (1.73).
January – December 2020
- Net sales increased by 59 percent to SEK 8,023.3 million (5,035.6). Organic growth was 34 percent.
- Gross profit increased by 57 percent to SEK 2,183.3 million (1,394.1). Organic growth was 30 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 increased by 59 percent to SEK 912.5 million (573.5).
- Adjusted EBIT2 amounted to SEK 844.8 million (523.6).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 442.5 million (274.5).
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 7.56 (5.12) and diluted earnings per share were SEK 7.32 (5.06).
”We see a digital acceleration that drives usage of our products and contributes growth from the global
tech companies who leverage our platform to engage with their customers.” – Oscar Werner, VD
Significant events during the quarter
- Sinch closed the acquisition of SAP Digital Interconnect (SDI), a unit of SAP, on 1 November. The purchase consideration of EUR 225 million will be financed with cash reserves and available debt facilities. SDI offers cloud communications services and serves more than 1,500 enterprise customers worldwide. During the 12-month period that ended 31 March 2020, SDI generated sales of EUR 340 million, gross profit of EUR 94 million and adjusted EBITDA of EUR 15.4 million. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, the business has about 330 employees in 20 countries.
- A directed issue of 3,187,736 shares was executed on 30 November at a subscription price of SEK 1,050 per share and raised SEK 3.3 billion before issue costs for Sinch. After the issue, SB Management, a subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp. became one of Sinch’s largest shareholders.
- Covid-19 is still having negative impact on the small Voice and Video segment. The overall impact on the Sinch Group remains modest, however, because volumes in Messaging have increased in parallel.
Significant events after the end of the quarter
- On 1 February Sinch closed the acquisition of Wavy for a total cash consideration of BRL 355 million and 1,534,582 new shares in Sinch. During the twelve-month period that ended 31 March 2020, Wavy generated sales of BRL 464 million (SEK 928m), gross profit of BRL 130 million (SEK 260m) and Adjusted EBITDA of EUR 48 million (SEK 96m). Headquartered in Brazil, the business has about 260 employees in 6 countries.
- Sinch announced on 1 February that Business Support Systems (BSS) products for mobile operators will be sold to Norway-based eRate. The sale aligns with a strategic decision to focus forward-looking investments around Sinch’s core segments and has not material financial impact on Sinch’s gross profit or EBITDA.
- Sinch announced on 17 February that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Inteliquent, the largest independent voice communications provider in the United States, for a total cash consideration of USD 1,140 million. The acquisition broadens Sinch’s product portfolio and establishes Sinch as the leader in voice connectivity for both enterprises and telecom carriers in the US.
1 EBITDA before depreciation, amortization and impairments excluding items affecting comparability. See page 3 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
2 EBIT excluding items affecting comparability and amortization of acquisition-related assets. See Note 4 for a specification of depreciation and amortization.
Invitation to conference call
Sinch will present the year-end report in a webcast conference call on 18 February at 14:00 CET. Watch the presentation at investors.sinch.com/webcast or call in and register a few minutes in advance.
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 566 426 51
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 333 300 08 04
USA: +1 631 913 1422
Access code: 402 586 91#
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Heath, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations
+46 72 245 50 55
Roshan Saldanha, Chief Financial Officer
+46 73 660 24 19
Sinch develops digital tools that enable personal interaction between enterprises and individuals. Powered by the Sinch cloud communications platform, enterprises can reach every mobile phone on the planet - within a second or two - via messaging, voice calls and video. Several of the biggest enterprises in the world are using Sinch’s advanced technology platform to communicate with their customers and Sinch is an established software supplier to mobile operators worldwide. Sinch has delivered profitable growth since it was founded in 2008. The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a presence in more than 40 other countries. The share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, XSTO: SINCH.
Note: Sinch AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 18 February 2021 at 07.30 CET.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Better Collective – Share buyback program completed5.3.2021 19:30:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory Release 4/2021 On March 4, 2021 Better Collective A/S initiated a share buyback program for up to EUR 100,000, to be executed during the period from March 4, 2021 to March 31, 2021. The following transactions have been executed under the program on March 5, 2021 Date Number of sharesAverage weighted purchase price (SEK per share)Amount (SEK)05/03/20213,532197.2223696,598.16Accumulated under the program following above purchase:3,532197.2223696,598.16 Better Collective A/S holds 3,773 treasury shares corresponding to 0,01 % of the outstanding share capital of the company. The share buyback program is hereby completed. Contacts Investor Relations: Christina Bastius Thomsen +45 2363 8844 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org This information is such information as Better Collective A/S is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above on March 5, 2021 at 7.3
TGS Share Repurchase5.3.2021 17:51:25 CET | Press release
Oslo, Norway (5 March 2021) – On period from 2 March 2021 to 4 March 2021, TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (TGS) purchased 41,000 own shares on the Oslo Stock Exchange at an average price of NOK 141.2252 per share. Following the purchase, TGS holds 195,000 own shares, representing 0.166% of the total outstanding shares. The shares were purchased in connection with the share repurchase announced on 11 February 2021. Overview of transactionsDateAggregated daily volume (number of shares)Weighted average share price per day (NOK)Total daily transaction value (NOK)2-Mar-2120,000140.90672,818,1343-Mar-2120,000141.57002,831,4004-Mar-211,000140.7000140,700Previously disclosed buy-backs under the program (accumulated)79,000138.327910,927,901Accumulated under the buy-back program120,000139.317816,718,135The issuer's holding of own shares:Following the completion of the above transactions, TGS owns a total of 195,000 own shares, corresponding to 0.166% of TGS' share capital.Appendix:An overview
Bavarian Nordic to Host Full Year 2020 Results Conference Call5.3.2021 17:30:00 CET | Press release
COPENHAGEN, Denmark – March 5, 2021 - Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA, OTC: BVNRY) will announce its 2020 annual report on Friday, March 12, 2021. The management of Bavarian Nordic will host a conference call at 2:00 pm CET (8:00 am EST) on the same day to present the full-year results followed by a Q&A session. A live and replay version of the call and relevant slides will be available at http://bit.ly/3rkKNed. To join the Q&A session dial one of the following numbers and state the participant code 5589045: Denmark: +45 32 72 80 42, UK: +44 (0) 844 571 8892, USA: +1 631-510-7495. About Bavarian Nordic Bavarian Nordic is a fully integrated vaccines company focused on the development, manufacture and commercialization of life-saving vaccines. We are a global leader in smallpox vaccines and have been a long-term supplier to the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile of a non-replicating smallpox vaccine, which has been approved by the FDA under the trade name JYNNEOS®, also for the protection
Bavarian Nordic afholder telefonkonference i forbindelse med offentliggørelse af årsregnskabet for 20205.3.2021 17:30:00 CET | pressemeddelelse
KØBENHAVN, 5. marts 2021 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA) offentliggør årsregnskab for 2020 på fredag den 12. marts 2021. Samme dag afholder selskabets ledelse en telefonkonference kl. 14:00 dansk tid med henblik på at præsentere årsregnskabet og besvare eventuelle spørgsmål. Det er muligt at høre en live eller arkiveret webcast af telefonkonferencen samt downloade den tilhørende præsentation på http://bit.ly/3rkKNed. For at stille spørgsmål på telefonkonferencen, benyt venligst et af følgende telefonnumre og oplys deltagerkoden 5589045: Danmark: +45 32 72 80 42, UK: +44 (0) 844 571 8892, USA: +1 631-510-7495. Om Bavarian Nordic Bavarian Nordic er et fuldt integreret vaccineselskab, der er fokuseret på udvikling, produktion og kommercialisering af livsvigtige vacciner. Vi er globalt førende inden for koppevacciner, og er mangeårig leverandør til det amerikanske strategiske nationale beredskabslager af en ikke-replikerende koppevaccine, som er godkendt af de amerikanske sundhedsmyndigh
ASM INTERNATIONAL N.V. PUBLISHES ANNUAL REPORT 20205.3.2021 16:27:39 CET | Press release
Almere, The Netherlands March 5, 2021 ASM International N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) today publishes its Annual Report 2020. For the first time, ASMI publishes the Annual Report in accordance with European Single Electronic Format (ESEF) reporting requirements with the format of the report being Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (xHTML). In line with the ESEF requirements, the primary consolidated financial statements have been labelled with XBRL tags. ASMI's Annual Report 2020 is available in ESEF reporting package, HTML file and as a PDF file on the company's website www.asm.com. ASMI will hold its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on May 17, 2021. The AGM agenda with all related documents will be available in due time. About ASM International ASM International NV, headquartered in Almere, the Netherlands, its subsidiaries and participations design and manufacture equipment and materials used to produce semiconductor devices. ASM International, its subsidiaries and pa
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK MUNICIPAL BONDS5.3.2021 16:20:00 CET | Press release
Anbudsförfarande kommuner och regioner, 2021-03-09BondsFixed rate notes issued in SEK by Municipalities or Regions with maturity in: 2024 The following issuers are accepted for delivery: Göteborgs Stad Helsingborgs Stad Jönköpings Kommun Malmö Stad Region Skåne Stockholms Stad Region Stockholm Delivery may not be made in Bonds purchased by the Counterparty from the issuer less than one week prior to the date for announcing the Specific terms, i.e. the purchase may not have been made after: 2021-02-26BidsBids are made to tel 08-696 69 70 and confirmed in writing by a filled-in Bid form by e-mail to EOL@riksbank.se Bid date2021-03-09Bid times10.00-11.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 1000 +/- 1000 millionHighest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)The total bid volume from one Counterparty for the two Credit rating classes may not exceed SEK 1 000 million. No bid may contain Bonds exceeding SEK 1000 million issued by Stockholms
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK TREASURY BILLS5.3.2021 16:20:00 CET | Press release
Bid procedure, 2021-03-08BillsSWEDISH T-BILL: SE0015504907. 2021-05-19 SWEDISH T-BILL: SE0014808747, 2021-09-15 Bid date2021-03-08Bid times09.00-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)SE0015504907: 500 mln SEK +/-250 mln SEK SE0014808747: 500 mln SEK +/-250 mln SEK Highest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)SE0015504907: 500 mln SEK per bid SE0014808747: 500 mln SEK per bid Lowest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 50 million per bidExpected allocation timeNot later than 10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateDelivery and payment date2021-03-10Delivery of billsTo the Riksbank's account in Euroclear Sweden AB's securities settlement system 1 4948 6383 Stockholm, 2021-03-05 This is a translation of the special terms and conditions published on www.riksbank.se. In the case of any inconsistency between the English translation and the Swedish language version, the Swedish language version shall prevail. Complete terms and