Sinch AB (publ): Interim Report January – June 2021
April – June 2021
- Net sales increased by 127 percent to SEK 3,682 million (1,622). Organic growth in local currency was 48 percent.
- Gross profit increased by 89 percent to SEK 869 million (460). Organic growth in local currency was 32 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 increased by 42 percent to SEK 284 million (200).
- Adjusted EBIT2 amounted to SEK 254 million (185).
- Profit after tax for the quarter amounted to SEK 47 million (37).
- Diluted earnings per share were SEK 0.07 (0.06).
January – June 2021
- Net sales increased by 117 percent to SEK 7,032 million (3,246). Organic growth in local currency was 43 percent.
- Gross profit increased by 86 percent to SEK 1,689 million (907). Organic growth in local currency was 28 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 increased by 47 percent to SEK 552 million (377).
- Adjusted EBIT2 amounted to SEK 498 million (346).
- Profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 188 million (134).
- Diluted earnings per share were SEK 0.28 (0.22).
“We now see broad-based growth, across different customer segments and geographies, in addition to the growth from our largest customers.” Oscar Werner, CEO
Significant events during the quarter
- It was announced on 4 May that leading American market intelligence firm IDC had recognized Sinch as a global leader in the Communications-Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) market.
- The annual general meeting of shareholders in Sinch AB (publ) resolved on 18 May in favor of a 10-for-1 stock split. The first day of trading in the company’s shares after the stock split was 17 June 2021. 3
- A directed issue of 7,232,077 shares was executed on 24 May at a subscription price of SEK 1,300 per share (corresponding to SEK 130 per share after the stock split on 17 June). The directed issue was heavily oversubscribed and the company raised about SEK 9,400 million before issue costs.
- Sinch entered into a binding agreement on 9 June to acquire MessageMedia, a leading vendor of mobile messaging services to small and medium-sized businesses in the US, Australia, New Zealand and Europe. The consideration totals USD 1.3 billion on a cash and debt-free basis. Sinch will pay USD 1.1 billion in cash and the remainder in 1,128,487 new shares in Sinch. When the deal was announced, this corresponded to total consideration of SEK 10,745 million. Execution of the transaction is subject to customary terms and conditions and the approval of competition authorities in several countries. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021.
- Sinch presented a change to the company’s financial leverage policy on 9 June. The new target is that net debt over time shall be below 3.5 times adjusted EBITDA (measured on a rolling twelve month basis). Before the change, the target was that net debt over time shall be below 2.5 times adjusted EBITDA.
- Covid-19 has had a negative impact on the smaller Voice and Video segment, but the pandemic has also led to increased volumes in Messaging. On current trends, Covid-19 is not expected to have any material, further impact compared to the second quarter 2021.
1 EBITDA before depreciation, amortization and impairments excluding items affecting comparability. See page 3 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
2 EBIT excluding items affecting comparability and depreciation and amortization of acquisition-related assets. See Note 5 for a specification of depreciation and amortization.
3 The key figures ”Adjusted EBITDA per diluted share” and ”Profit for the period per diluted share” have been restated for comparative periods.
Invitation to phone conference
Sinch will present the interim report in a webcasted conference call on 16 July at 14:00 CET. Watch the presentation at investors.sinch.com/webcast or call and register a couple of minutes in advance.
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 566 42 651
United Kingdom: +44 333 30 00 804
United States: +1 631 913 1422
Access code: 965 268 01#
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Heath, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations
+46 72 245 50 55
Roshan Saldanha, Chief Financial Officer
+46 73 660 24 19
Sinch develops digital tools that enable personal interaction between enterprises and individuals. Powered by the Sinch cloud communications platform, enterprises can reach every mobile phone on the planet - within a second or two - via messaging, voice calls and video. Several of the biggest enterprises in the world are using Sinch’s advanced technology platform to communicate with their customers and Sinch is an established software supplier to mobile operators worldwide. Sinch has delivered profitable growth since it was founded in 2008. The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a presence in more than 40 countries. The share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, XSTO: SINCH.
Note: Sinch AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was released for publication on 16 July 2021 at 07:30 CEST.
This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply. This report has not been subject to review by the company’s independent auditor.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Leading Edge Materials Announces Filing of Preliminary Economic Assessment Report for Woxna Graphite Anode Project26.7.2021 14:30:00 CEST | Press release
Vancouver, July 26, 2021 – Leading Edge Materials Corp. (“Leading Edge Materials” or the “Company”) (TSXV: LEM) (Nasdaq First North: LEMSE) (OTCQB: LEMIF) is pleased to announce that the technical report for its Woxna Graphite project (the “Project”) titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report – Woxna Graphite” with effective date June 9, 2021, has been filed under the Company’s profile on SEDAR today (the “Report” or “PEA”). The Report supports the disclosure in the Company’s news release dated June 9, 2021. All figures in the Report are US dollars unless otherwise specified. The news release on June 9, 2021, presented these highlights of the Report: Main PEA Highlights The PEA indicates the potential viability of a Swedish operation producing battery grade graphite anode material utilizing an existing graphite mine and concentrator with the addition of a value-add processing facility offsite;The proposed process route in the PEA uses a thermal purification process which, combined with access
Cavotec wins key motorised cable reel order for advanced container cranes in Japan26.7.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Cavotec has won a key order for its innovative motorised cable reel systems for integration onto advanced rail-mounted gantry cranes at the Port of Tokyo – a project that highlights Cavotec’s position as a trusted supplier of mission-critical systems at ports and terminals. “Given the complexity of these high-end cranes and their demanding operational environment, this is an excellent reference for us as we continue to grow in Japan and the wider region,” says Robin Shang, Cavotec Regional Sales Director Ports & Maritime. Cavotec will supply motorised cable reel systems for eight automated rail-mounted gantry (ARMG) cranes at the Wan Hai Tokyo Oi5 terminal, a major global container handling hub. The cable reels will ensure the cranes meet demanding performance requirements due to surging container volumes. Working closely with Chin Pan engineering group, Cavotec is scheduled to complete the delivery of the systems in early 2023. Previously, Chin Pan has fitted two ARMGs cranes successf
Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Transactions in connection with share buy-back programme26.7.2021 08:44:35 CEST | Press release
Company Announcement No. 38/2021 Copenhagen, 26 July 2021 Transactions in connection with share buy-back programme On 10 March 2021, Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S (“STG”) announced that a share buy-back programme of an aggregated price of up to DKK 600 million was launched with the purpose to adjust the Company’s capital structure and meet obligations relating to the Group’s share-based incentive programme. The buy-back programme is executed in accordance with Regulation No. 596/2014 of the European Parliament and Council of 16 April 2014 (the “Market Abuse Regulation”) and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052, also referred to as the Safe Harbour rules. The share buy-back programme will end no later than 28 February 2022. The following transactions have been executed from 19 July to 23 July 2021: Number of sharesAverage purchase price, DKKTransaction value, DKKAccumulated, last announcement1,781,412222,947,59319 July 202120,000125.242,504,78020 July 202115,510125.551,947,26
Saniona Receives U.S. FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Tesomet in Hypothalamic Obesity26.7.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
PRESS RELEASE July 26, 2021 Tesomet is the first and only investigational treatment for hypothalamic obesity to receive orphan drug designation Saniona (OMX: SANION), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on rare diseases, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted orphan drug designation to Tesomet for the treatment of hypothalamic obesity (HO). Tesomet is the first and only investigational treatment for HO to receive orphan drug designation. Saniona is preparing to initiate two Phase 2b studiesof Tesomet in the second half of this year, one in HO and the other in Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS), for which Tesomet has already received orphan drug status. “There are currently no FDA-approved medicines for hypothalamic obesity. Despite the devastating weight gain and hunger this rare disease can cause, there has been relatively little drug development specifically for HO. Saniona is proud to be pioneering a regulatory path forward for people li
SERSTECH AB: Half-year report 1 January – 30 June 202126.7.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Serstech Group Second quarter 2021 Net sales: KSEK 2 765 (308)Profit for the period: KSEK -5 299 (-6 820)Earnings per share: SEK -0.06 (-0.10)Earnings per average number of shares: SEK -0.07 (-0.10) Serstech Group Period 1 January - 30 June 2021 Net sales: KSEK 14 224 (6 321)Profit for the period: KSEK -2 270 (-10 025)Earnings per share: SEK -0.03 (-0.14)Earnings per average number of shares: SEK-0.03 (-0.14) The second quarter brought a slight increase in orders received compared to the previous quarter, but we clearly see remaining effects of the pandemic in most parts of the world. We have not lost any tenders during the quarter, which is encouraging and again suggests that there is an unmet demand in the market. We do expect an increase in sales over the next six months, as the buyers become more active and the important demo sessions can be arranged safely again. Buyers in our industry will not buy an instrument they have not tested themselves and therefore they postpone procureme
Reminder of an Investor Conference Webinar26.7.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
We would like to remind that KN invites shareholders, investors, analysts and other stakeholders to join its investor conference webinar scheduled on the July 29th of 2021 at 9.00 am (EET). The presentation will be held in English. The webinar will be hosted by KN Chief Executive Officer Darius Šilenskis and acting Chief Financial Officer Indrė Kisielienė who will introduce the performance and unaudited financial results of KN for the six months of 2021. How to join the webinar? To join the webinar, please register via following link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6420133473151346701You will be provided with the webinar link and instructions how to join successfully. When joining the webinar for the first time, you will be asked to download the plug-in which will take only few seconds. In case plug-in can't be downloaded, a web browser which enables attending the webinar, opens automatically. The webinar will be recorded and available online for everyone at the company’s we
Van Lanschot Kempen’s partnership with Mercier Vanderlinden finalised26.7.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
’s-Hertogenbosch/Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 26July2021 Van Lanschot Kempen and Mercier Vanderlinden today announced that they have completed the transaction that sees Van Lanschot Kempen acquire a 70% stake in Mercier Vanderlinden. The regulators have issued declarations of no objection, and Van Lanschot Kempen and Mercier Vanderlinden have thus joined forces in the Belgian wealth management market. Van Lanschot Kempen will increase step-by-step its 70% stake in Mercier Vanderlinden to 100%. Mercier Vanderlinden and Van Lanschot Kempen in Belgium will continue to operate independently and collaborate in a number of areas. The partners are a good fit in terms of client portfolios and networks, product offering and geographical coverage. Between them, they had €9.3 billion in client assets at 30 June 2021. In the past few years, both Van Lanschot Kempen in Belgium and Mercier Vanderlinden have achieved robust client asset growth, and they will continue their role as market challengers o