Shopify Unveils New Innovations to Transform Commerce for Merchants and Consumers Globally
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP) (TSX:SHOP), the leading multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Shopify Unite, the annual conference that brings together the company’s global partner and developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190619005550/en/
Shopify Fulfillment Network (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Shopify’s real power comes from the variety and strength of our ecosystem,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. "Unite gives our developer and partner community access to our product roadmap. Together, and only together, we can shape the future of commerce and empower entrepreneurs around the world.”
This year, Shopify is transforming commerce by announcing platform enhancements and updates focused on giving direct-to-consumer brands everything they need to build and manage a business. Shopify’s innovations include a newly updated Shopify Plus platform for enterprise brands, more global capabilities, and for the first time, Shopify is expanding its offering with a fulfillment network that will allow merchants of all sizes to deliver their products fast and at a low cost.
- Shopify Fulfillment Network , available now for early access, will provide U.S. merchants with a network of distributed fulfillment centers, and uses machine learning to ensure timely deliveries and lower shipping costs, putting their brand and customer experience front and center.
- The all-new Shopify Plus provides a single view of a merchant’s entire business, tools that facilitate a consistent experience across stores, and an easier-than-ever way to create new stores, empowering enterprise merchants to move fast, build with the customer in mind, and unlock growth potential.
- The new Shopify POS will be faster, more intuitive, and more scalable point of sale software, providing retailers with a simple interface, new customer service shortcuts, and access to all of Shopify’s POS app extensions.
- Introducing 11 new language capabilities , now available in the Shopify Admin globally, including Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean and Thai.
- Shopify’s Translations API will store translated buyer-facing content including products, collections, and blog posts, enabling merchants to provide the same consistent shopping experience in multiple languages.
- With Shopify Payments, all merchants can now sell in multiple currencies and get paid in their local currency.
- The new online store design experience makes it even easier for merchants to customize the look and feel of their store to meet the evolving expectations of shoppers, without editing the code.
- Introducing the ability to display products in video and 3D models right within Shopify, unlocking new possibilities for merchants to deliver the in-store experience online by bringing products to life.
- Partners can now integrate subscription payments solutions directly into Shopify’s checkout.
- Shopify’s most popular libraries will be available in GraphQL , allowing developers to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps for merchants.
- With the Shopify App CLI (command-line interface) , developers can now wrap all their app building steps into one command, scaffolding an app within seconds.
- Shopify App Bridge is a new, consolidated tool that enables developers to embed their apps directly into Shopify, including desktop, Shopify Mobile, and Shopify POS, creating a seamless user experience for merchants.
Introducing new back office shipping features to help merchants sell more, better manage their order process, and improve customer experiences
- New shipping features make it possible for merchants to set specific shipping rules and pricing for different products, and create automatic and more accurate visibility throughout the fulfillment process, including any activity happening in third-party apps and services.
For more information, please visit https://news.shopify.com/.
Shopify is the leading multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 800,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Unilever, Kylie Cosmetics, Allbirds, MVMT, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings, the capabilities of those products and the impact of those products and services on merchants’ businesses. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions
Director of Communications
416-238-6705 x 302
About Business Wire
(c) 2018 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in multiplatform press release distribution.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
ADVA and PSNC showcase 1200G channel transmission at SC1919.11.2019 14:45:00 CET | Press release
ADVA (FSE: ADV) today announced that it’s hosting a joint showcase with PSNC at SC19 that features the industry’s first 1200Gbit/s optical channel transmission. Built upon the ADVA FSP 3000 TeraFlex™ terminal, the demo underscores the power of adaptive technology to maximize bandwidth efficiency in any network scenario. Using fractional QAM capabilities to boost fiber utilization and channel capacity, the demo highlights how network operators and enterprises can cost-effectively inject capacity into their networks without major upgrades. At SC19, TeraFlex™ will carry 1200Gbit/s channels in a 150GHz window or 800Gbit/s channels in a 100GHz window, delivering an industry-leading spectral efficiency of 8bit/s/Hz. These figures set a new benchmark for a commercially available product. The ADVA FSP 3000 TeraFlex™ has now been shipping for several months. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005670/en/ The FSP 3000
Andersen Global Expands in Bosnia and Herzegovina19.11.2019 14:30:00 CET | Press release
Andersen Global announces it has entered into a collaboration agreement with a full-service law firm in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Banja Luka-based SAJIĆ is the fourth firm in the region to sign a Collaboration Agreement with Andersen Global in the last month. Owner and Managing Partner Aleksandar Sajic founded the firm in 2003 and has expanded it to include four partners and nearly 20 professionals. SAJIĆ provides an array of legal services to clients including civil litigation, family law, corporate negotiations, intellectual property, science and technology, and tax. This collaboration expands Andersen Global’s coverage to include nearly 65 countries around the world with legal services in over 55 countries. “Collaborating with Andersen Global enhances our service offerings and extends our cross-border reach,” said Aleksandar. “The organization’s global platform allows us to expand our capabilities and bring the benefits of a global firm to our clients.” “The addition of SAJIĆ provides
Virgin Voyages Sets Sights on the Med for Second Ship ‘Valiant Lady’ Launching 3 Exhilarating 7-night Itineraries From Barcelona With Overnights in Ibiza19.11.2019 14:02:00 CET | Press release
Virgin Voyages, the new lifestyle brand shaking up the travel industry, announced their second ship will be called ‘Valiant Lady’ and that she will sail 7-night Mediterranean itineraries out of Barcelona, Spain when she debuts in May 2021. Bookings for the three feature itineraries, that all offer overnight and late-night stops across some of the hottest destinations in France, Italy and Spain, will open December 19, 2019. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005362/en/ Virgin Voyages Sets Sights on the Med for Second Ship ‘Valiant Lady’ (Graphic: Business Wire) “We are thrilled to unveil the name of our second ship - Valiant Lady - and to deliver on our commitment to offer travelers a sea change in how they can experience cruising in this fantastic part of the world. Our Sailors will fall in love with the places we go and the moments and memories they will be able to create on our gorgeous ship. After all, t
Mary Kay Advocates for Global Female Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and Equality at Top Women’s Conferences Around the World19.11.2019 14:00:00 CET | Press release
This month, Mary Kay Inc. continued to advocate for global female empowerment, entrepreneurship and equality by addressing the issues facing women today at top women’s conferences around the world. The company actively participated in two important international conferences: International Women’s Forum World Leadership Conference in Toronto, Canada, and the Reykjavik Global Forum – Women Leaders in Reykjavik, Iceland. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005354/en/ L to R: Marijana Klapcic, Manager Communications, Public Relations & Creative Marketing, MK Canada; Pat Mitchell, author Becoming a Dangerous Woman; Michelle Haurilak, Director, Public Relations, Digital & Product Marketing, MK Canada (Photo: Mary Kay Inc.) “More than 56 years ago, Mary Kay Ash founded what is now one of the world’s leading corporate champions of female empowerment,” said Deb Gibbins, Chief Operating Officer of Mary Kay, Inc. “To h
TYAN Showcases HPC, AI and Storage Server Platforms Featuring 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors at SC1919.11.2019 14:00:00 CET | Press release
TYAN®, an industry-leading server platform design manufacturer and a subsidiary of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation, exhibits a broad selection of HPC, AI, storage and cloud server platforms that are optimized for enterprise and data center markets at SC19 through November 21st, Booth # 1601 in Denver’s Colorado Convention Center. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005008/en/ TYAN HPC Server Platforms Boost Performance with 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors for Enterprises and Data Centers (Photo: Business Wire) “Data is the foundation of the new economy, and how organizations effectively move, store and process will help determine their level of success,” said Danny Hsu, Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation's TYAN Business Unit. “By leveraging the 2nd gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, TYAN’s leading portfolio of HPC, storage and cloud server platforms enable to help our c
Positive Pivotal Data for Daiichi Sankyo’s DS-8201 ([Fam]-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan) in Patients with HER2 Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer to be Presented at SABCS19.11.2019 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited (hereafter, Daiichi Sankyo) today announced that it will present new data across its investigational ADC portfolio at the 2019 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (#SABCS19), December 10-14, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas. Positive data from the pivotal phase 2 DESTINY-Breast01 trial of DS-8201 ([fam-] trastuzumab deruxtecan), an investigational HER2 targeting antibody drug conjugate (ADC), will be unveiled, highlighting objective response rate, progression-free survival, duration of response and safety seen in patients with HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer previously treated with ado-trastuzumab emtansine. Trial-in-progress updates from the pivotal phase 3 development program of DS-8201 in patients with HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer, including a head-to-head study with ado-trastuzumab emtansine, and in patients with HER2 low metastatic breast cancer, also will be presented. An overview of the phase 1/2 trial for U3-1402, an investigational HE