Schibsted presents Future Report 2022
It's that time of the year. Our annual outlook on key trends within tech, people and business, written by our own employees, is finally here.
“Today, after 180 years of entrepreneurship, innovation and investments, Schibsted has grown into a family of strong brands ranging from media houses to online marketplaces, digital growth businesses, and startup investors. We still carry with us both the values of our media heritage and that desire to branch out, go for growth, rethink and reinvent ourselves,” says Schibsted CEO, Kristin Skogen Lund.
In Schibsted Future Report 2022, Schibsted reveals predictions and key trends related to tech, business and people. It’s written by employees who share ideas and insights regarding topics we believe will have an impact on our world in the coming years. This year, the report covers themes spanning from the metaverse to diversity, from venture capital tigers to the war for talent.
“It is also our media heritage that inspires the Schibsted Future Report. This annual outlook on trends within tech, people and business is written by our own people and we truly believe that sharing ideas and being transparent is a foundation for democracy,” adds Skogen Lund.
Schibsted Future Report Trends 2022
- Protocols, tigers and unicorns - Insight on the latest investments trends, written by Dan Ouchterlony, EVP Financial Services & Ventures.
- Stuck in the world of big tech - We know they are big, but the fact that in autumn 2021, the combined value of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Amazon, was more than the total GDP for Japan and Germany, is overwhelming. A story written by Andreas Cervenka, columnist at Aftonbladet.
- 6 battles news media must win - How Schibsted News Media is taking on the future, by Siv Juvik Tveitnes, EVP News Media.
- Waging the war for talent - Mette Krogsrud, EVP People & Corporate Affairs shares Schibsted’s ideas on how to find, attract and retain people.
- I believe it can fly - Will electrified planes save the industry? By Joacim Lund, tech commentator, Aftenposten.
- Enter the Metaverse - Camilla Buch, advisor Editorial Content, Schibsted Group Communications.
- How to build a brand - Hanne Hollstedt, Head of Marketing, Schibsted Ventures, is sensing a new interest in true brand value.
Watch our digital launch - Venture investments in the year of the tiger
The webinar, which will be streamed live this morning at 08.30 a.m, will be hosted by Aftenposten Junior Editor-in-Chief Mari Midtstigen. Dan Ouchterlony, Head of Financial Services and New Ventures, will talk about the year of the tiger and how the developments in the VC world affect investment businesses and entrepreneurs, and what that means for a player like Schibsted. We’ll also welcome Andrew Kvålseth, Chief Investment Officer, and Christian Horn Hanssen, Lead Investment Manager, on to the screen to discuss what Schibsted is looking for in their investments.
”This year’s report has some really interesting themes and the articles will hopefully be a starting point for many discussions. As always I am very proud of all the clever colleagues who have contributed and the fact that Schibsted shares these thoughts and ideas,” says Ann Axelsson, Editor-in-Chief, Schibsted Future Report.
For more information:
- Read the full Schibsted Future Report 2022 here.
- Visit the future report website here.
- Stay tuned in our digital channels for more Future Report digital events in 2022.
Ann Axelsson, Editor-in-Chief Schibsted Future Report, Schibsted,
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 635 65 13
Nathalie Kåvin, Head of External Communications and Brand, Schibsted, email@example.com, +47 934 01 363
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people enjoy interacting with our companies every day through our online marketplaces such as FINN, Blocket and Oikotie; our media houses including Aftenposten, VG and Aftonbladet; and digital services like Lendo. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Schibsted is listed on Oslo Børs and has a sizable investment in Adevinta, a company that was spun off and publicly listed as a separate company on Oslo Børs in 2019
Subscribe to releases from Schibsted
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Schibsted by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Schibsted
Schibsted presenterer årets framtidsrapport!16.12.2021 08:00:00 CET | Pressemelding
Vår årlige omtale av viktige trender innen teknologi, samfunn og næringsliv, skrevet av våre egne ansatte, er endelig her.
Schibsted kjøper Strawberrys aksjer i Tibber22.10.2021 16:01:14 CEST | Pressemelding
(Oslo 22. okt 2021) Den 2. september i år gikk Schibsted inn som investor i det digitale strømselskapet Tibber gjennom at Tibber kjøpte Schibsteds svenske selskap Kundkraft AB med oppgjør i aksjer. Nå investerer Schibsted ytterligere cirka MNOK 350 i Tibber gjennom at norske Strawberry selger sin eierandel i Tibber til selskapet.
Schibsted acquires Strawberry’s shares in Tibber22.10.2021 16:00:07 CEST | Press release
(Oslo 22 Oct 2021) On 2 September Schibsted announced its investment in the smart digital energy provider Tibber. This was achieved through Tibber acquiring Schibsted's Swedish company Kundkraft AB with a settlement in shares. Schibsted is now investing an additional NOK 350 million in Tibber through Norwegian Strawberry selling its stake in Tibber to Schibsted.
Schibsted's online classified investment in Denmark moves forward25.6.2021 09:18:32 CEST | Press release
(Oslo 25 June 2021) On 21 July 2020, Schibsted's subsidiary Adevinta announced a definitive agreement with eBay Inc. to acquire 100 percent of eBay Classifieds Group. As part of the transaction, Schibsted has acquired the Danish part of the business, DBA.dk and bilbasen.dk. Today we mark that the agreement has been completed, and Schibsted's online classified adventure in Denmark can begin.
Startskudd for Schibsteds markedsplass-satsing i Danmark25.6.2021 09:17:36 CEST | Pressemelding
(Oslo 25. juni 2021) 21. juli 2020 ble det klart at Schibsteds datterselskap Adevinta kjøpte eBays europeiske markedsplass-selskap eBay Classifieds Group. Som et ledd i transaksjonen kjøpte Schibsted den danske delen av virksomheten; DBA.dk og bilbasen.dk. I dag markeres det at avtalen er gjennomført, og at Schibsteds markedsplass-eventyr i Danmark kan starte.
Schibsted lanserer årets fremtidsrapport!9.12.2020 09:00:00 CET | Pressemelding
- Det er med stolthet og glede jeg presenterer årets Future Report, og jeg er nok litt ekstra stolt i år. Vi er alle under enormt press i disse dager, men når jeg ser de spennende mulighetene og kompetansen som mennesker i Schibsted representerer, ser jeg svært lyst på fremtiden, sier Kristin Skogen Lund, konsernsjef i Schibsted.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom