Saniona publishes its interim report for the first quarter of 2022
|Revenue was SEK 6.6 M (3.4 M)|
|Operating loss was SEK -133.2 M (-94.1 M)|
Net loss was SEK -133.4 M (-83.4 M)
|Loss per share was SEK -2.14 (-1.34)|
|Diluted loss per share was SEK -2.14 (-1.34)|
Business highlights in Q1 2022
- Saniona initiated the Multiple Ascending Dose (MAD) stage and the Positron Emission Tomography (PET) stage of its Phase 1 trial of SAN711; The ongoing Phase 1 trial is placebo-controlled, and the data remain blinded. Saniona continues to expect data from the trial by mid-2022.
- Saniona received SEK 7.3 million (US$0.8 million) from Novartis related to Novartis’s January 2021 acquisition of Cadent Therapeutics, in which Saniona held a 3% ownership stake. This payment, in addition to the previously received SEK 24.2 million (US$2.9 million), together complete Saniona’s portion of the upfront payment connected to the acquisition. Saniona may also receive a portion of the remaining SEK 5.1 billion (US$560 million) in contingent payments associated with the achievement of undisclosed future milestones relative to its previous ownership stake, when and if these milestones are achieved.
- Saniona and Boehringer Ingelheim advanced the ongoing research collaboration into the “hit-to-lead” stage. The collaboration is focused on a novel, undisclosed CNS ion channel target for schizophrenia. Saniona receives ongoing research funding and may receive up to €76.5 million in milestone payments as well as royalties on worldwide net sales.
- On March 29, 2022, Saniona announced a program reprioritization and restructuring comprising a voluntary pause of the Phase 2b clinical trials of Tesomet™ for hypothalamic obesity (HO) and Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) and a workforce reduction of approximately 30%. The decision to voluntarily pause the Phase 2b clinical trials of TesometTM is not related to the safety or efficacy of TesometTM and is entirely due to funding limitations.
Significant events after the reporting period
- On April 30, 2022, Saniona appointed Thomas Feldthus as Chief Executive Officer and Anita Milland as Chief Financial Officer. Thomas Feldthus will oversee Saniona’s refocused strategy on ion channel research and development and explore partnering opportunities to advance its lead assets. The Board of Directors elected Jørgen Drejer as interim Chairman until the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on May 25, 2022. In connection with this refocused strategy, the company terminated its plans to list its shares in the U.S., closed its U.S. operations and terminated the positions of all U.S. personnel, including the U.S. executive management team. These restructuring actions are anticipated to reduce future annual operating expenses by approximately 70-75%.
Comments from the CEO
"We are transforming the company into a more focused and cost-effective organization that leverages our core strengths within ion channel drug discovery and development. We have closed our operation in the United States and are seeking strategic partnerships in order to maximize the value of TesometTM and SAN711. By improving our operational efficiency and targeting business development efforts, we aim to fully leverage the value of our most advanced assets and develop new ion channel-based therapies through 2022 and beyond.”
For more information, please contact
Thomas Feldthus, CEO, +45 22109957; email@example.com
This information is such information as Saniona AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulationand the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.00 CEST on 25 May 2022.
Saniona is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to leverage its ion channel targeting expertise to discover, develop and deliver innovative rare disease treatments. The company’s most advanced product candidate, Tesomet™, has been progressed into mid-stage clinical trials for hypothalamic obesity and Prader-Willi syndrome, serious rare disorders characterized by severe weight gain, disturbances of metabolic functions and uncontrollable hunger. These clinical trials are voluntarily paused due to funding limitations and Saniona is actively exploring partnering opportunities. Saniona has developed a proprietary ion channel drug discovery engine anchored by IONBASE™, a database of more than 130,000 compounds, of which more than 20,000 are Saniona’s proprietary ion channel modulators. Through its ion channel expertise, Saniona is advancing two wholly-owned ion channel modulators, SAN711 and SAN903. SAN711 is in a Phase 1 clinical trial and is positioned for the treatment of neuropathic pain conditions, and SAN903 is in preclinical development for rare inflammatory, fibrotic and hematological disorders. Saniona is based in the Copenhagen area, Denmark, and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Small Cap (OMX: SANION). Read more at http://www.saniona.com.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Report – ERYTECH’s Combined Shareholders’ Meeting On June 24, 202224.6.2022 22:05:00 CEST | Press release
REPORT –ERYTECH’S COMBINED SHAREHOLDERS’ MEETING ON JUNE 24, 2022 Cambridge, MA (U.S.) and Lyon (France), June24, 2022 – ERYTECH Pharma (Nasdaq& Euronext: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating therapeutic drug substances inside red blood cells, today announcedthat its Annual General Meeting was held on Friday, June 24, 2022. At the meeting, all resolutions for which the Board of Directors recommended a vote in favor were adopted, including: Approval of the annual financial statements and consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2021;Allocation of the financial year's results;Approval of the statutory auditors’ special report on regulated agreements and commitments with related parties;Approval of the elements of total compensation and benefits paid or allocated for the year ended December 31, 2021, to Gil BEYEN, Chief Executive Officer and Jean-Paul KRESS, Chairman of the Board;Approval of the compens
Cleantech Building Materials: Results of Annual General Meeting24.6.2022 14:54:27 CEST | Press release
24 June 2022 CLEANTECH BUILDING MATERIALS PLC, NASDAQ FIRST NORTH GROWTH MARKET, COPENHAGEN TICKER: CBM ISIN: GBOOBD1LVD21 CLEANTECH BUILDING MATERIALS PLC Results of Annual General Meeting The Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of Cleantech Building Materials plc (“CBM” or the “Company”) was held in London earlier today, 24 June 2022. Details of the resolutions to be considered at the AGM were published in the Notice of AGM which was posted to Shareholders on 1 June 2022 and is available on the Company’s website: www.cbm-plc.com. All resolutions as set out in the Notice of AGM were duly passed without discussion. In particular, the following resolutions were passed at the AGM. The AGM resolved to authorise the directors of the Company to allot shares and grant rights to subscribe for, or convert any security, into shares. The directors of the Company sought authority for the purposes of section 551 of the Companies Act to exercise all the powers of the Company to allot shares and grant ri
Novartis receives positive CHMP opinion for Scemblix®, a novel treatment for adult patients with chronic myeloid leukemia24.6.2022 13:13:19 CEST | Press release
With unique STAMP mechanism of action, Scemblix could provide a new option for patients in Europe with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) who have suffered intolerance or inadequate response with at least two prior tyrosine kinase inhibitor treatments1 Positive opinion based on data from pivotal Phase III ASCEMBL trial, showing a near doubling in major molecular response rate for patients treated with Scemblix® (asciminib) vs. Bosulif®* (bosutinib) (25.5% vs. 13.2%) and more than three times lower discontinuation rate due to adverse reactions (5.8% vs 21.1%) at 24 weeks1 CHMP recommendation comes after the approval of Scemblix by the US FDA and other countries’ regulatory authorities, potentially broadening access for more patients to Novartis transformative therapies in CML Basel, June 24, 2022 — Novartis today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a positive opinion and recommended granting marketing au
Clariant’s shareholders approve all agenda items24.6.2022 11:30:00 CEST | Press release
AD HOC ANNOUNCEMENT PURSUANT TO ART. 53 LR Integrated Report and Group Consolidated Financial Statements for fiscal year 2021 approvedGünter von Au reelected as Chairman of the Board of DirectorsThree new candidates join the Board of Directors: Ahmed Mohamed Alumar, Roberto César Gualdoni, Naveena ShastriConfirmed distribution of CHF 0.40 per shareKPMG confirmed as statutory auditor from 2022 MUTTENZ, JUNE 24, 2022 Clariant, a focused, sustainable, and innovative specialty chemical company, today held its 27th Annual General Meeting (AGM) where the shareholders approved all agenda items and resolutions as proposed by the Board of Directors. The AGM was held virtually, where shareholders were able to exercise their rights exclusively via the independent proxy. Overall, 698'945'298 shares or around 70.19 % of the share capital of Clariant were represented. Günter von Au was reelected as Chairman of the Board of Directors. Additionally, three new members were voted to join by a large majo
Cool Company Ltd. – Mandatory Notification Of Trade24.6.2022 11:01:19 CEST | Press release
EPS Ventures Ltd., close associate of Cyril Ducau, Chair of the Board of Cool Company Ltd. (the “Company”), has on 23 June 2022 acquired 7,865 shares in the Company at a price of NOK 90.274882 per share. Following the transaction, EPS Ventures Ltd. holds a total of 15,591,218 shares in the Company, equivalent to 38.97% of the Company’s shares. Please see the attached notification form in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation article 19. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act Attachment Primary insider notification form