Resolutions from the Annual General Meeting of Novo Nordisk A/S
Bagsværd, Denmark, 24 March 2022 - Today, Novo Nordisk A/S held its Annual General Meeting.
At the Annual General Meeting, Helge Lund, chair of the Board of Directors communicated: “Novo Nordisk made good progress in the past year and exceeded expectations with strong financial performance. We broadened our technology platforms and product pipeline to strengthen the basis for long-term growth, whilst investing significantly in expanding our future production capacity. Our long-standing aspiration of creating value for society is more relevant than ever, and we continue to serve more patients in need around the world in line with our purpose of driving change in diabetes and other serious chronic disease.”
Resolutions adopted at the Annual General Meeting
Financial year 2021 and board remuneration
- Approval of the Company’s statutory Annual Report 2021 and distribution of profits according to the statutory Annual Report 2020.
- The final dividend for 2021 of DKK 6.90 for each Novo Nordisk A or B share of DKK 0.20. The total dividend for 2021 of DKK 10.40 includes both the interim dividend of DKK 3.50 for each Novo Nordisk A and B share of DKK 0.20 which was paid in August 2021 and the final dividend of DKK 6.90 for each Novo Nordisk A and B share of DKK 0.20 to be paid in March 2022. T
- The actual remuneration of the Board of Directors for 2021 and the remuneration level for 2022 were approved.
- The Remuneration Report 2021 was approved (advisory vote).
- Re-election of Helge Lund as chair of the Board of Directors.
- Election of Henrik Poulsen as vice chair of the Board of Directors.
- Re-election of Jeppe Christiansen, Laurence Debroux, Andreas Fibig, Sylvie Grégoire, Kasim Kutay and Martin Mackay as members of the Board of Directors.
- Election of Christina Law as new member of the Board of Directors.
- Re-appointment of Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab as the Company’s auditor.
Shares and capital
- Reduction of the Company’s B share capital by cancellation of part of the Company’s own holding of B shares. The Company’s B share capital is reduced by DKK 6,000,000 from DKK 354,512,800 to DKK 348,512,800. The Company’s A share capital of DKK 107,487,200 remains unchanged, whereby the Company’s share capital will amount to DKK 456,000,000.
- Authorisation to the Board of Directors until the Annual General Meeting 2023 to allow the Company to repurchase own shares of up to 10% of the share capital subject to a holding limit of 10% of the share capital.
- Extension of the authorisation to the Board of Directors to increase the Company's share capital for a period of one year until 24 March 2024 up to nominally DKK 45,600,000.
- Amendments to the Remuneration Policy regarding payment of contribution to social security taxes imposed by foreign authorities outside the EU and regarding severance payment.
- Amendment to the Articles of Association regarding removal of age limit on candidates standing for election to the Board of Directors.
The meeting was held as a partially electronic meeting enabling shareholders to participate either in person or virtually. The shareholders had been encouraged to exercise their rights by submitting proxies or votes by correspondence in advance of the Annual General Meeting.
Composition of the Board of Directors and its committees
In February 2022, Novo Nordisk employees in Denmark elected four board members, Elisabeth Dahl Christensen, Liselotte Hyveled, Mette Bøjer Jensen and Thomas Rantzau for a period of four years following the Annual General Meeting 2022.
After the Annual General Meeting, the Board of Directors held a board meeting to appoint members of its committees.
The Board of Directors, including its committees, is now composed as follows:
- Helge Lund (chair of the Board and chair of the Nomination Committee)
- Henrik Poulsen (vice chair of the Board, member of the Audit Committee and the Remuneration Committee)
- Elisabeth Dahl Christensen (employee representative and member of the Remuneration Committee)
- Jeppe Christiansen (chair of the Remuneration Committee)
- Laurence Debroux (chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Remuneration Committee)
- Andreas Fibig (member of the Research & Development Committee)
- Sylvie Grégoire (member of the Audit Committee, the Nomination Committee and the Research & Development Committee)
- Liselotte Hyveled (employee representative and member of the Research & Development Committee)
- Mette Bøjer Jensen (employee representative and member of the Audit Committee)
- Kasim Kutay (member of the Nomination Committee and the Research & Development Committee)
- Christina Law (member of the Audit Committee)
- Martin Mackay (chair of the Research & Development Committee and member of the Remuneration Committee)
- Thomas Rantzau (employee representative and member of the Nomination Committee)
Novo Nordisk is a leading global healthcare company, founded in 1923 and headquartered in Denmark. Our purpose is to drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases such as obesity and rare blood and endocrine disorders. We do so by pioneering scientific breakthroughs, expanding access to our medicines and working to prevent and ultimately cure disease. Novo Nordisk employs about 47,800 people in 80 countries and markets its products in around 170 countries. Novo Nordisk's B shares are listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (Novo-B). Its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NVO). For more information, visit novonordisk.com,Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
|Ambre Brown Morley||+45 3079 email@example.com|
|Michael Bachner (US)||+1 609 664 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Daniel Muusmann Bohsen||+45 3075 email@example.com|
|Ann Søndermølle Rendbæk||+45 3075 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Heiberg Landsted||+45 3077 email@example.com|
|Jacob Martin Wiborg Rode||+45 3075 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Joseph Root||+1 848 213 email@example.com|
Company announcement No 25 / 2022
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
GOGL - Mandatory notification of trade by primary insiders19.5.2022 22:30:00 CEST | Press release
Eligible option holders in Golden Ocean Group Ltd (the “Company”) have today exercised share options in accordance with the terms previously announced. Ulrik Uhrenfeldt Andersen, CEO, has exercised 300,000 share options and subsequently sold 300,000 shares. Following the exercise, Mr. Andersen holds 250,000 share options. Peder Simonsen, CFO, has exercised 75,000 share options and has subsequently sold 75,000 shares. Following the exercise, Mr. Simonsen holds 200,000 share options and 500 shares. Please see the attached forms for notification and public disclosure of transaction attached for details. This notification has been publicly disclosed in accordance with Article 19 of the Market Abuse Regulation section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. Attachment GOGL - Disclosure of transaction by PDMR
Brunel AGM 202219.5.2022 18:30:00 CEST | Press release
Amsterdam, 19 May 2022 – Brunel International N.V. (Brunel; BRNL), a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, today announced the voting results of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) of 19 May 2022. The AGM approved all voting items that were on the agenda. The shareholders adopted the financial statements for the 2021 financial year and approved the proposal to distribute a dividend of € 0.45 per share for the 2021 financial year. The dividend, less 15% dividend withholding tax, will be made payable as of 15 June 2022 at ABN AMRO Bank N.V. in Amsterdam. The shares will be quoted ex-dividend on the stock exchange of Euronext Amsterdam as of 23 May 2022. The record date is 24 May 2022 after closing of the stock exchange. Peter de Laat is reappointed as a member of the board of directors for a new term of four years. At the close of the meeting Mr Jan Arie van Barneveld, retired from the supervisory board after having served on the supervisory board fo
Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Share buy-back programme increased to up to DKK 1,000 million19.5.2022 18:15:00 CEST | Press release
Company Announcement No. 35/2022 Copenhagen, 19 May 2022 Share buy-back programme increased to up to DKK 1,000 million The Board of Directors of Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S has decided to increase the DKK 700 million share buy-back programme that was initiated 10 March 2022 (see company announcement 16/2022) by DKK 300 million. Consequently, the on-going share buy-back programme now has a value of up to DKK 1,000 million. As of 19 May 2022, Scandinavian Tobacco Group had purchased shares of a total value of DKK 128 million under the programme. Prior to the expansion of the share buy-back programme, Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S holds a total of 1,338,431 treasury shares, corresponding to 1.44% of the total share capital. The purpose of the share buy-back programme remains to adjust the Group’s capital structure and meet obligations relating to the Group’s share-based incentive programme. The Board of Directors intends to propose to the annual general meeting in 2023 that the shares
Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S reports Q1 results, maintains guidance for 2022 and presents revised Sustainability Strategy19.5.2022 18:15:00 CEST | Press release
Company Announcement No. 34/2022 Copenhagen, 19 May 2022 Interim report, 1 January - 31 March 2022 Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S reports Q1 results, maintains guidance for 2022 and presents revised Sustainability Strategy For the first quarter of 2022 Scandinavian Tobacco Group delivered 2% negative organic net sales growth and 3% negative organic EBITDA growth in line with the previously communicated expectations for the quarter. The guidance for the full year of an organic EBITDA growth in the range of 0-6% is maintained. The uncertainty related to key assumptions like consumer behaviour, cost inflation and supply-chain stability remains high. The current share buy-back programme is increased by DKK 300 million to reach up to DKK 1,000 million reflecting the strong financial position of Scandinavian Tobacco Group. Consumer demand for handmade cigars in the US remained robust in the quarter though with signs at the end of the quarter of a return to the structural declining volume tre
KBC Group: Publication of transparency notification(s) received by KBC Group NV19.5.2022 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Press release Outside trading hours – Regulated information* Brussels, 19 May 2022, 18h00 Publication of transparency notification(s) received by KBC Group NV (art. 14, 1st section of the Act of 2 May 2007 concerning the disclosure of significant participations) Summary of the notification(s) KBC Group NV has received a transparency notification on 18 May 2022, which states that FMR LLC holds 3.32% of voting rights in KBC Group, based on’ voting securities’ and ‘financial instruments that are treated as equivalent to voting securities’ combined (compared to 3.01% in the previous notification dd. 6 September 2018). That is the sum of 2.72% for voting securities (compared to 3.01% in the previous notification) and 0.60% for financial instruments that are treated as equivalent to voting securities (compared to 0% in the previous notification). Content of the notification(s) The notification(s) contain(s) following information: Reason for the notification(s): acquisition or disposal of vot