Resolutions from the Annual General Meeting of Novo Nordisk A/S
Bagsværd, Denmark, 26 March 2020 - Today, Novo Nordisk A/S held its Annual
General Meeting (AGM). To comply with all instructions and precautions taken by the Danish authorities in response to the coronavirus pandemic, shareholders were requested not to attend the meeting in person and instead follow the meeting via the live webcast.
“The global outbreak of coronavirus is a worldwide humanitarian crisis with serious and tragic consequences for thousands of people, and it is putting our societies under immense pressure” said Helge Lund, chairman of the of Board of Directors.
“Our key priorities are to safeguard the wellbeing of our employees and secure the continued supply of lifesaving medicines to the millions of people around the world who rely on these every day. Furthermore, we support impacted societies through different measures” said Lars Fruergaard Jørgensen, president and chief executive officer. “We follow the situation closely and adhere to the local authorities’ recommendations as circumstances change, and many employees across the company are currently working from home using digital tools”.
At the AGM Novo Nordisk further reviewed the coronavirus situation
Novo Nordisk continues conduct of all already-initiated clinical trials and no significant delays are expected in trials already close to finalisation. To reflect the current strain on the healthcare system, no new clinical trials are initiated.
All Novo Nordisk manufacturing sites are currently in operation ensuring continued supply of medicine to patients worldwide.
Most Novo Nordisk products are used for chronic treatment. However, during the period of social distancing implemented in many markets, fewer new patients are temporarily expected to initiate treatment.
Novo Nordisk maintains the financial outlook for 2020 as communicated on 5 February 2020. This is based on a number of assumptions in relation to impacts of the coronavirus including normalisation of patient flows in the beginning of second half of 2020.
Further update on the coronavirus impact will be provided in connection with the release of the financial results for the first three months of 2020 on 6 May 2020.
Resolutions adopted at the AGM
Financial year 2019
- The Company’s statutory Annual Report 2019.
- The actual remuneration of the Board of Directors for 2019 and the remuneration level for 2020.
- The final dividend for 2019 of DKK 5.35 for each Novo Nordisk A or B share of DKK 0.20. The total dividend for 2019 of DKK 8.35 includes both the interim dividend of DKK 3.00 for each Novo Nordisk A and B share of DKK 0.20 which was paid in August 2019 and the final dividend of DKK 5.35 for each Novo Nordisk A and B share of DKK 0.20 to be paid in March 2020.
- Re-election of Helge Lund as chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Re-election of Jeppe Christiansen as vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Re-election of Brian Daniels, Laurence Debroux, Andreas Fibig, Sylvie Grégoire, Liz Hewitt, Kasim Kutay and Martin Mackay as members of the Board of Directors.
- Re-appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers Statsautoriseret Revisionspartner-selskab as the Company’s auditor.
Shares and capital
- Reduction of the Company’s B share capital by cancellation of part of the Company’s own holding of B shares. The Company’s B share capital is reduced by DKK 10,000,000 from DKK 372,512,800 to DKK 362,512,800. The Company’s A share capital of DKK 107,487,200 remains unchanged, whereby the Company’s share capital will amount to DKK 470,000,000.
- Authorisation to the Board of Directors until the Annual General Meeting 2021 to allow the Company to repurchase own shares of up to 10% of the share capital subject to a holding limit of 10% of the share capital.
- Authorisation to the Board of Directors to increase the Company's share capital for a period of one year until 26 March 2022 by a total of nominally DKK 2,000,000 for the authorisation under Article 5.3 in the Articles of Association (for employees without pre-emptive rights for shareholders) and a total of nominally DKK 47,000,000 for the authorisation under Article 5.4, (with or without pre-emptive rights for existing shareholders) subject to a total cap of nominally DKK 47,000,000 for both authorisations under Articles 5.3 and 5.4.
- A new Remuneration Policy.
- Amendment of the standard agenda of the Annual General Meeting in the Articles of Association.
- Donation to the World Diabetes Foundation.
- A proposal from a shareholder to disclose information in the Annual Report on the ratio between executive and employee remuneration was not adopted.
Composition of the Board of Directors and its committees
After the Annual General Meeting, the Board of Directors held a board meeting to appoint members of its committees.
The Board of Directors, including its committees, is now composed as follows:
- Helge Lund (chairman of the Board and chair of the Nomination Committee)
- Jeppe Christiansen (vice chairman of the Board and chair of the Remuneration Committee)
- Brian Daniels (member of the Remuneration Committee and the Research & Development Committee)
- Laurence Debroux (member of the Audit Committee)
- Andreas Fibig (member of the Audit Committee)
- Sylvie Grégoire (member of the Audit Committee, the Nomination Committee and the Research & Development Committee)
- Liz Hewitt (chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Remuneration Committee)
- Mette Bøjer Jensen (employee representative and member of the Nomination Committee)
- Kasim Kutay (member of the Nomination Committee and the Research & Development Committee)
- Anne Marie Kverneland (employee representative and member of the Remuneration Committee)
- Martin Mackay (chair of the Research & Development Committee)
- Thomas Rantzau (employee representative and member of the Research & Development Committee)
- Stig Strøbæk (employee representative and member of the Audit Committee)
|Mette Kruse Danielsen||+45 3079 email@example.com|
|Ken Inchausti (US)||+1 609 240 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Daniel Muusmann Bohsen||+45 3075 email@example.com|
|Valdemar Borum Svarrer||+45 3079 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ann Søndermølle Rendbæk||+45 3075 email@example.com|
|Mark Joseph Root||+45 3079 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristoffer Due Berg (US)||+1 609 235 email@example.com|
Company announcement No 19 / 2020
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Nordisk næringsliv fokuserer på innovasjon og forbedring av kundeopplevelsen27.1.2020 10:00:00 CET | Pressemelding
Rapporten ISG Provider Lens™ viser at selskaper i regionen henvender seg til leverandører av digitale forretningstjenester for hjelp med analyse, kunstig intelligens og andre teknologier STOCKHOLM i Sverige, Jan. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Næringslivet i de nordiske landene fokuserer på å forbedre kundeopplevelsen og innovasjonen, og kontakter leverandører av digitale forretningstjenester for å nå målene sine. Dette viser en ny rapport som ble publisert i dag av Information Services Group ( ISG ) (Nasdaq: III ), et verdensledende teknologisk forsknings- og rådgivningsselskap. Rapporten 2019-2020 ISG Provider Lens™ Digital Business – Solutions and Service Partners for Norden viser at bedrifter i regionen omfavner teknologier som dataanalyse, kunstig intelligens, tingenes internett og blokkjeder for å levere kvalitetstjenester til kundene sine og for å skille ut seg fra konkurrenter. «Nordiske bedrifter søker transformasjonstjenester fra IT-leverandører for ikke bare å bli veiledet gje
UPM commits to UN Business Ambition for 1.5°C to mitigate climate change27.1.2020 10:00:00 CET | Press release
(UPM, Helsinki, 27 January 2020 at 11:00 EET) – UPM commits to the United Nations Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5°C, joining leading companies in a promise to pursue science-based measures to limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C. UPM will strive to mitigate climate change and drive value creation through innovating novel products, committing to a 65% CO2 emission reduction and by practicing sustainable forestry. The 1.5°C ambition is a response to increasing concern about the severe consequences of a failure to stop global warming. UPM is among the first global forest industry companies making this commitment. “UPM has a unique opportunity to make a positive impact and contribute to mitigating climate change by tangible actions. We innovate climate-positive products and turn them into growing businesses. At the same time, we limit risks from climate mitigation policies and physical impacts of changing climate. This is important for the long-term value of the company,” says
Valmet to supply a board machine rebuild to Umka in Serbia27.1.2020 10:00:00 CET | Press release
Valmet Oyj’s press release on January 27, 2020 at 11:00 a.m . EET Valmet will supply a board machine rebuild to Umka Cardboard Mill in Serbia. The main target of the rebuild is to increase the customer’s production capacity. The start-up of the rebuilt paper machine PM 1 is scheduled for the second half of 2021. The order is included in Valmet's orders received of the fourth quarter 2019. The value of the order will not be disclosed. The total value of an order of this type is typically around EUR 15-20 million. "This rebuild is one of the most important strategic decisions we have made in the course of 80 years long history of the mill. We are pleased that this project is going to be completed by Valmet, a global leader in the supply of process technology in the paper industry. I strongly believe in the success and bright future of Umka Cardboard Mill, with planned capacity of over 200,000 tonnes, further quality improvements and wider product portfolio,” says Milos Ljusic, Managing D
Nordic Enterprises Focus on Innovation and Improving Customer Experience27.1.2020 10:00:00 CET | Press release
ISG Provider Lens™ report finds companies in the region turning to digital business services providers for help with analytics, artificial intelligence and other technologies STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Jan. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Enterprises in the Nordic countries are focused on improving customer experience and enhancing innovation, and they are turning to digital business service providers to achieve their goals, according to a new report published today by Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq: III), a leading global technology research and advisory firm. The 2019-2020 ISG Provider Lens™ Digital Business – Solutions and Service Partners Report for the Nordics finds enterprises in the region embracing technologies such as data analytics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things and blockchain to deliver quality services to their customers and to differentiate themselves from competitors. “Nordic enterprises are seeking transformation services from IT providers to not only ta
Nordiska företag fokuserar på innovation och förbättrar kundupplevelsen27.1.2020 10:00:00 CET | Pressemelding
Rapport från ISG Provider Lens™ visar att företag i regionen vänder sig till leverantörer av digitala företagstjänster för hjälp med analys, artificiell intelligens och annan teknik STOCKHOLM, Sverige, Jan. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Företag i Norden är inriktade på att förbättra kundupplevelse och innovation, och de vänder sig till leverantörer av digitala företagstjänster för att uppnå sina mål, enligt en ny rapport publicerad idag av Information Services Group ( ISG ) (Nasdaq: III ), ett ledande företag inom global teknikforskning och -rådgivning. Rapporten Digital verksamhet – lösningar och servicepartners2019–2020 från ISG Provider Lens™ för Norden visar att företag i regionen anammar teknik som dataanalys, artificiell intelligens, sakernas internet och blockkedja för att leverera kvalitetstjänster till sina kunder och för att utmärka sig bland konkurrenterna. ”De nordiska företagen söker transformationstjänster från IT-leverantörer för att inte bara ta dem genom sina digitala r
Roche submits supplemental Biologics License Application to the FDA for Tecentriq in combination with Avastin for the most common form of liver cancer27.1.2020 07:00:00 CET | Press release
·Application is being reviewed under FDA’s Real-Time Oncology Review pilot programme Basel, 27 January 2020 – Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced the completion of a supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) submission to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Tecentriq® (atezolizumab) in combination with Avastin® (bevacizumab), for the treatment of people with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have not received prior systemic therapy. The FDA is reviewing the application under the Real-Time Oncology Review pilot programme, which aims to explore a more efficient review process to ensure safe and effective treatments are available to patients as early as possible. In July 2018, the FDA granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Tecentriq in combination with Avastin in HCC based on data from an ongoing Phase Ib trial. “Liver cancer is the most rapidly increasing cause of cancer-related death in the United States. In the IMbrave150 study, Tece