RCI Banque : Rci Bank and Services Enters the Car Subscription Market With the Acquisition of Bipi
July, 27 2021
RCI BANK AND SERVICES ENTERS THE CAR SUBSCRIPTION MARKET
WITH THE ACQUISITION OF BIPI
- In July 2021, RCI Bank and Services, the Renault Group's automotive captive, acquired Bipi, a multi-brand platform that is a reference in car subscription offers for used vehicles, a growing segment.
- RCI Bank and Services will support Bipi to accelerate its growth and to open new markets, together with Bipi’s current supply partners and in conjunction with RCI Bank and Services’ dealership partners.
- Through this acquisition, RCI Bank and Services will extend its range of flexible all-inclusive products with multi-brand subscriptions dedicated to used vehicles. Bipi will also enable the design of subscription formulae for Mobilize's activities, in order to meet the new expectations of car drivers.
Car subscription represents a market of the future which meets new uses by motorists and customers of car manufacturers. This investment and the integration of Bipi within RCI Bank and Services will contribute to the strategy of the Renault Group and particularly its Mobilize brand, through the development of offers that are more and more flexible and focused on new mobility needs.
Founded in 2018 in Spain, Bipi is now present in Spain, France and Italy. With 120 employees, it has serviced more than 10,000 customers in the last 3 years. Its subscription offer provides a turnkey solution, from the subscription to the return of the vehicle. Everything is included in one monthly payment, avoiding any surprises or unexpected expenses for the customer. The customer creates a tailor-made subscription: he chooses the duration of use of the car (from 1 to 36 months) and can change the mileage, the category or model of car according to his needs. They can terminate their subscription at any time and in full transparency.
Car subscription: a buoyant market with a growing demand for flexibility
Car subscription offers, ultra-flexible car subscriptions, are a recent and growing rental option in the car services market. They are positioned halfway between long-term rental formulae and short-term rental, to offer maximum flexibility and freedom of choice to the user. Car subscription thus provides answers to a new need on the part of customers, in addition to the offers already sold via the distribution dealership networks of Renault Group brands. Market experts estimate that this new segment could represent a significant share of the car financing market.
RCI Bank and Services has been experimenting and exploring the prospects of this emerging market, through initiatives and offers launched in several countries with local partners. These experiments made it possible to measure the commercial development prospects that this new market represents for the Renault Group brands and their distribution networks - particularly for second-hand vehicles.
This exploration phase confirmed the strategic challenge of investing in this recent and dynamic market for the group, particularly in the service of future offers proposed by the Mobilize brand.
RCI Bank and Services will use Bipi´s strengths to develop car subscription journeys and offers in close collaboration with Mobilize and the dealers
RCI Bank and Services has therefore chosen to integrate the Bipi company to deploy turnkey car subscription offers. The Bipi company has many assets to act with relevance on the car subscription market: a multi-brand platform, equipped with a turnkey offer combining complete logistics in a 100% digital process, it will enable the group to intervene rapidly on this buoyant market.
The Bipi platform’s technology will enable Mobilize to develop flexible subscription services in a simple, accessible way that meets the expectations of its customers, who consume their mobility differently, in their personal or professional sphere. With Bipi, RCI Bank and Services will thus be able to complete its range of offers with hyperflexible products, alongside the flexible leasing offers and loyalty products already offered by the group.
RCI Bank and Services
+ 33 (0)1 84 16 06 22
About RCI Banque S.A.:
Created and wholly owned by Renault Group, RCI Banque S.A. is a French bank specializing in automotive financings and services for the customers and dealership networks of Renault Group (Renault, Dacia, Alpine, Renault Samsung Motors and Lada) worldwide, the Nissan group (Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun) mainly in Europe, Brazil, Argentina and South Korea and through joint ventures in Russia and India, and Mitsubishi Motors in the Netherlands.
RCI Bank and Services has been the new commercial identity of RCI Banque S.A. since February 2016.
With 3,800 employees in 36 countries, the group financed over 1.5 million contracts (for new and used vehicles) in 2020 and sold more than 4.6 million services.
At end-December 2020, average performing assets stood at €46.9 billion in financing and pre-tax income at €1.003 million.
RCI Bank and Services has rolled out a deposits collection business in seven countries since 2012. At end-December 2020, net collected deposits totaled €20.5 billion, or 43% of the company's net assets.
Find out more about RCI Bank and Services: www.rcibs.com
Follow us on Twitter: @RCIBS
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF RIKSBANK CERTIFICATES28.9.2021 09:30:00 CEST | Press release
Bid date, 2021-09-28Auction date2021-09-28Settlement date2021-09-29Maturity Date2021-10-06Nominal amount533 billion SEKInterest rate, %0.00Bid times09.30-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateConfirmation of bids to email@example.comThe lowest accepted bid volume1 million SEKThe highest accepted bid volume533 billion SEKAllocation Time10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateProjected minimum liquidity surplus during the term1065 billion SEKExpected excess liquidity at full allotment532 billion SEK Stockholm, 2021-09-28
Another important step for dLab and Dala Energi28.9.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
We are happy to announce that our journey with Dala Energi takes yet another important step! The product dAnalyzer Lite from cleantech company Dlaboratory Sweden AB (dLab), are being integrated to one more station, Lindan. Dala Energi's business concept is to offer solutions in energy and digital communication that help people and companies live and develop in our countryside in an easy, efficient, and sustainable way and dLab is happy to support Dala Energi in realizing their mission. dLab’s dInsight Analytics Platform provides a decision support system including a broad set of features and services. One of these features is dAnalyzer, collecting grid data from its minimal hardware, completely independent of age and make, including high-resolution sensors. The data is analyzed and put into meaningful context through a web-based interface; thereby enabling proactive fault detection as well as proactive maintenance. In modern substations equipped with digital protection relays including
DNO Updates North Sea Drilling28.9.2021 08:27:36 CEST | Press release
Oslo, 28 September 2021 – DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today reported an oil discovery on the Gomez prospect in its operated PL006C license offshore Norway. The exploration well encountered hydrocarbons in the primary target in the Våle Formation of Paleocene Age. The reservoir is a 23 meters thick, homogeneous sandstone of poor to moderate quality. A small amount of oil was recovered during logging. The oil/water contact was not encountered. Based on preliminary assessments, there is uncertainty whether the reservoir can be commercially produced and no estimate of recoverable volumes has been established at this stage. DNO holds a 65 percent interest in the PL006C license and together with its partner Aker BP (35 percent) will study the extensive data collected during the operation before deciding next steps. In a separate announcement, Equinor as operator of license PL159B (DNO 32 percent) has reported that the recently completed Black Vulture exploration well did not
Statkraft sells Andershaw Wind Farm and retains long-term management role28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Press release
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC has purchased 100% of Statkraft’s ownership in Andershaw Wind Farm - Statkraft to retain long-term operations and maintenance as well as asset management - The two companies have also signed an extension of the existing PPA agreement (UK and Norway, 28 Sept 2021) Statkraft, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, has today announced the sale of Andershaw Wind Farm in Scotland, to Greencoat UK Wind PLC for a purchase price of £121m (including cash and working capital). Statkraft, who together with Catamount Energy*, began joint development of the project in 2006 and operation in 2017, will maintain day-to-day operation and maintenance, as well as asset management responsibilities until 2037. The company has also negotiated an extension of its existing long-term market access power purchase agreement. * Andershaw Wind Farm (36 MW installed capacity), south of Glasgow, produces enough energy to meet the annual needs of about 26,000 homes. Eivind Torblaa, Vi
Statkraft selger Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland og fortsetter å drifte vindparken28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Pressemelding
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC har kjøpt hele Andershaw Wind Farm fra Statkraft - Statkraft vil levere alle drifts- og vedlikeholdstjenester for vindparken til Greencoat UK Wind - Partene har også forlenget en eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtale (Oslo/London, 28. september 2021) Statkraft, Europas største produsent av fornybar energi, har solgt Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland til Greencoat UK Wind PLC for 121 millioner pund, inkludert kontanter og arbeidskapital. Statkraft startet utviklingen av prosjektet i 2006 og vindparken ble satt i drift i 2017. I forbindelse med salget er det avtalt at Statkraft skal fortsette å drifte anlegget, samt levere alle vedlikeholds- og eieroppfølgingstjenester til Greencoat fram til 2037. En forlengelse av den eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtalen er også avtalt. Vindparken som ligger sør for Glasgow har elleve turbiner, en samlet installert effekt på 36 MW og produserer nok fornybar energi til å dekke forbruket i rundt 26.000 britiske husstander. Eivind Torblaa, Vice Pre
Teledyne to showcase comprehensive portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology at Vision 202128.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teledyne, a part of Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY], and a global leader in machine vision technology, will exhibit their newest technologies at Vision 2021 taking place October 5-7, 2021 in Stuttgart, Germany. Teledyne will display the world’s most comprehensive, vertically integrated portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology including the latest from newly acquired Teledyne FLIR. Visit the Teledyne booth and explore the unmatched capabilities and products from Teledyne’s DALSA, e2v, FLIR, and Lumenera business units. Your one source for unlimited vision will be on display at Stand 8 B10. Teledyne will participate in the Industrial Vision Days with keynote and technology presentations taking place Wednesday, October 6, 2021: At 9:20 AM join Teledyne DALSA’s Matthias Sonder delivering his presentation entitled “Clarity at High Speed” At 4:20 PM be sure to attend Teledyne e2v’s Sergio Morillas speaking about “Highly r
Ahold Delhaize share buyback update28.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Zaandam, the Netherlands, September 28, 2021 – Ahold Delhaize has repurchased 606,980 of Ahold Delhaize common shares in the period from September 20, 2021 up to and including September 24, 2021. The shares were repurchased at an average price of €28.55 per share for a total consideration of €17.3 million. These repurchases were made as part of the €1 billion share buyback program announced on November 4, 2020. The total number of shares repurchased under this program to date is 28,367,721 common shares for a total consideration of € 690.4 million. Download the share buyback transactions excel sheet for detailed individual transaction information from https://www.aholddelhaize.com/en/investors/share-buyback-programs/2021/ This press release is issued in connection with the disclosure and reporting obligation set out in Article 2(2) of the EU Regulation that contains technical standards for buyback programs.