PRESS RELEASE: BIGBEN: 1ST QUARTER 2020/21 SALES
Lesquin, 27 July 2020 18:00 hrs
1st quarter 2020/21 sales: €55.2M (-5.8%)
·Good trend for Nacon Gaming: +24.5%.
·Audio-Telco impacted by the health crisis - upturn in June
Recovery expected in 2nd quarter 2020-21 and confirmation of the targets of the Bigben 2023 strategic plan
|IFRS – M€|
Bigben Audio / Telco
Non audited data
Growth of Gaming sales in Q1 2020/21
Bigben achieved 55.2 M€ sales in the 1st quarter of 2020/21 (April, May, June 2020), down 5.8%. As previously announced, business was impacted by the effects of the Covid-19 health crisis which led to a contraction in the consumption of Audio/Telco products over the first two months.
Nacon Gaming business grew by 24.5% in the 1st quarter of 2020/21 with 38.0 M€ sales.
- Due to a strong comparison basis linked to the release of several major titles at the beginning of last year, Games sales were down at 14.5 M€ (vs. 20.0 M€ for Q1 2019/20). Thanks to the acceleration of digital sales during the lockdown, Nacon offset the reduction in the number of releases with a 340% jump in back catalogue sales to 10.8 M€, which is already equivalent to previous year 12 month sales. Digital sales accounted for 80.7% of Games sales. The releases of Hunting Simulator® 2 and Pro Cycling Manager /Tour de France® 2020 over the period fulfilled expectations.
- Sales of Accessories were boosted by a very active market. In particular, the headset segment grew sharply thanks to the success of the RIG premium brand acquired in March 2020 and the opening of Nacon's subsidiary in the United States.
- Mobile Accessories posted 14.8 M€ sales in Q1 2020/21, down 35.4%. This strong decrease is due to the closure of stores (excluding hypermarkets) during the lockdown and their very gradual reopening. In the first quarter of 2020/21, Bigben successfully marketed a sanitary range offering masks, sanitary kits, Ultra-Violet sterilizers for both smartphones and wireless headsets, and disinfectant sprays. Nearly 2 million masks were sold. At the same time, the Group intensified its diversification strategy towards sustainable development-oriented offers with the launch of a Justgreen® range of "eco-friendly" accessories. This range, which has been very well received by the market, will complement the Force® own-brand range, of which 6 million products have already been sold since its creation.
- Audio, which posted 2.4 M€ sales in the first quarter of 2020/21, down 50.5%, also suffered from the closure of points of sale. Over the period under review, the Group increased its distribution channels, targeting in particular decoration stores, and had some of its products listed with two major national retail chains, offering new prospects for development in the coming months.
The upturn in consumption in June for the Audio-Telco segment, which was reflected in a rise in sales compared with June 2019, points to a better 2nd quarter 2020/21 for the Bigben-Audio/Telco business unit which, combined with ongoing robust Gaming sales, should allow the Bigben Group a quick return to growth.
- The expected release of 2 new games (WRC®9 and Tennis World Tour®2) will contribute to the growth of Games turnover, which will also benefit from digital sales which should maintain their momentum.
- Gaming Accessories should confirm their growth potential given the customer re-orders (RIG headsets and controllers) generating a large backlog.
- In the second quarter of 2020/21, Mobile accessories should continue the recovery that began in June 2020 thanks to good listings and the launch of new eco-friendly product offerings now popular with consumers (notably the antibacterial treatment on Force® and the rapid deployment of the Justgreen® ranges). Bigben also has high ambitions for its anti-UV sterilizers of which 20,000 units have already been sold. The Group has also acquired a French case manufacturing unit. Bigben thus intends to internalize part of its supply sources and focus on the "made in France" sought after by its consumers.
- For Audio products, the recent listings with national retailers in addition to those already in place will enable Bigben to further distribute its products in the new "trendy" channels for decorative objects by intensifying its promotional campaigns to boost sales.
For the second half of the year, the Group is confident in its ability to bounce back after a first quarter of the year hallmarked by exceptional circumstances.
·Thriving digital sales, new game releases (Monster Truck Championship, Warhammer Chaosbane® on PS5, Handball 21, Werewolf: the Apocalypse® - Earthblood, Rogue Lords and Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong) and the new partnership with Microsoft (which will see the launch of a range of controllers compatible with the new console) will make a positive contribution to sales growth in the Nacon-Gaming business unit.
·The expected recovery in sales in the Bigben-Audio/Telco business unit will be supported by the introduction of innovative offers aimed at new channels and an acceleration of the internationalization of its distribution network.
Bigben will provide its sales and current operating income (1) targets for the current financial year in the autumn.
The Group is already confirming the targets of its Bigben 2023 strategic plan with 350 M€ sales and a 13% COI rate (1) for the 2022/23 financial year, with a focus on steadily improving the Current Operating Margin (1).
(1) Current Operating Margin = Current Operating Income rate = Current Operating Income as a percentage of sales.
Sales for 2nd quarter of FY 2020/2021: 26 October 2020
Press release after close of the Paris stock exchange
ABOUT BIGBEN INTERACTIVE
Over 730 employees
21 subsidiaries and a distribution network in 100 countries
Bigben Interactive is a European player in video game development and publishing, in design and distribution of smartphone and gaming accessories as well as in audio products. The Group, which is recognized for its capacities in terms of innovation and creativity, intends to become one of Europe’s leaders in each of its markets
Company listed on Euronext Paris, compartment B – Index : CAC SMALL – Eligible SRD long
ISN : FR0000074072 ; Reuters : BIGPA ; Bloomberg : BIGFP
CapValue – Gilles Broquelet firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 1 80 81 50 01
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
AND (Ticker: AND.AS) intends to rebrand the company22.9.2020 18:05:00 CEST | Press release
Supporting the turnaround and the new strategic direction of the company Capelle aan den IJssel, the Netherlands, 22 September 2020 - AND is happy to announce that it intends to change the company name and refresh its branding in Q4 2020. This change is designed to highlight the company’s new strategic direction as well as support and strengthen the transformation into a subscription based provider of premium location aware content and services. As announced on August 12th, the turnaround strategy has already delivered 22% revenue growth in the first half of 2020. AND believes the new company name and branding will help to drive continued revenue growth and put location-intelligence squarely at the center of the company’s profile. Further announcements will follow in Q4 2020. Ends About AND AND is an innovative location-aware content and service provider. Our focus is to create and deliver market leading, relevant, innovative and tailored content which fosters a safer and more sustaina
Wolters Kluwer Completes Divestment of ComplyTrack22.9.2020 17:30:00 CEST | Press release
Wolters Kluwer Completes Divestment of ComplyTrack September 22, 2020 - Wolters Kluwer announces today that it has completed the divestment of ComplyTrack to symplr, as originally announced on September 8, 2020. About Wolters Kluwer Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare; tax and accounting; governance, risk and compliance; and legal and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolt
Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 has not been held due to lack of quorum22.9.2020 14:20:00 CEST | Press release
Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 has not been held due to lack of quorum Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Management Board informs that for the Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 pm shareholders who in total represented 3 877 425 voting shares or 27.53% of voting capital were registered, therefore shareholders' meeting did not take place due to lack of quorum. Olaine, September 22, 2020 Additional information: Jānis Dubrovskis Investor Relations Advisor of JSC Olainfarm Ph.: +371 29178878 email@example.com
RESOLUTIONS of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of JSC „Olainfarm” to be held on September 22, 202022.9.2020 13:05:00 CEST | Press release
RESOLUTIONS of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of JSC „Olainfarm” to be held on September 22, 2020 Report of the Board on results of operations in 2019. Resolution: To take notice of the Report of the Board of the JSC “Olainfarm” on results of operations in 2019. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Report of the Council on results of operations in 2019. Resolution: To take notice of the Report of the Council of the JSC “Olainfarm” on results of operations in 2019. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Approval of the JSC “Olainfarm” Consolidated Annual Report for 2019. Resolution: To approve the Consolidated and Parent Company’s Annual Report of JSC „Olainfarm” for 2019 with profit in amount of EUR 22 239 000,00. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Distribution of profit of 2019. Resolution: 4.1. To pay dividends to the shareholders of the Joint Stock Company" Olainfarm " i
ProMIS Neurosciences to develop multivalent vaccine for Alzheimer’s disease22.9.2020 12:30:10 CEST | Press release
Potential vaccine to incorporate ProMIS proprietary peptide antigens; early in vivo preclinical data demonstrate neuronal protection and improvement in cognitive deficits TORONTO and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ProMIS Neurosciences, Inc. (TSX: PMN) (OTCQB: ARFXF), a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics targeting toxic oligomers implicated in the development of neurodegenerative diseases, announced today initiation of a program to construct and test a multivalent peptide vaccine for Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The critical first steps in vaccine development will be carried out by VIDO-InterVac, a global leader in vaccine research and development. Recent progress in the development of blood-based biomarkers for neurodegeneration is enabling increased screening to diagnose and identify individuals at risk of developing AD. A vaccine capable of inducing an effective antibody response against amyloid-beta toxic oligom
AIR Worldwide Releases Updated Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Model for China22.9.2020 12:11:10 CEST | Press release
Boston, Sept. 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Catastrophe risk modeling firm AIR Worldwide (AIR) today announced that it released an updated Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) Model for China to support probabilistic assessments for five newly modeled crop lines of business and a newly modeled sub-peril. This update also includes a new livestock module that adds six additional lines of business and two new sub-perils. AIR Worldwide is a Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) business. “In 2011, AIR leveraged its considerable experience and success in modeling MPCI portfolios in the United States to develop a model for mainland China. Since then, the model has been updated several times to keep it current with the fast-changing Chinese agricultural insurance market,” said Dr. Jeff Amthor, assistant vice president, AIR Worldwide. “The MPCI Model for China captures the severity, frequency, and location of drought, flood, wind, frost, and heat events nationwide, covering over 90% of the weather-related crop