Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Unveils Powerful New Features for Both Apple M1 and Intel Chip, Ready for Windows 11 and macOS Monterey
Packed with must-have performance and graphic improvements, an enhanced Windows gaming experience, plus the world’s first macOS Monterey virtual machine running on Mac with Apple M1 chip, Parallels Desktop 17 makes it more seamless than ever to work across platforms.
BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Parallels, a global leader in cross-platform solutions, announces the launch of Parallels® Desktop 17 for Mac (parallels.com/desktop), the latest version of its powerful solution to run native Windows applications on Mac computers with Apple M1¹ and Intel chip. Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac, now a universal binary application, is optimized for the highly anticipated Windows 11 and macOS Monterey operating systems. Bringing exceptional speed and graphic improvements, it includes an enhanced Windows gaming experience, together with better resource management and visibility. Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac empowers users to run Windows applications on a Mac, more smoothly and faster than ever.
“Our breakthrough of seamlessly running Windows 10 applications on Apple M1-based Mac computers was just the start of Parallels Desktop for Mac's new chapter in offering enhanced user experiences running virtual machines on Mac devices,” said Nick Dobrovolskiy, Senior Vice President of Engineering and Support at Parallels. “Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac continues to deliver performance and stability improvements as well as innovative, easy-to-use features on Intel and Apple M1 Mac, offering users the most advanced Windows-on-Mac experience ever. In collaboration with Apple, we’re thrilled to have created the world's first prototype of a macOS Monterey virtual machine running on a Mac with Apple M1 chip2.”
Watch a video about the highlights in Parallels Desktop 17:www.parallels.com/NEWParallelsDesktop17
New and Enhanced Feature Highlights of Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac:
- NEW! Engineered for macOS 12 Monterey and Windows 11: Parallels Desktop 17 will support macOS Monterey as a host and guest operating system (OS) and will be optimized for Windows 11, with both new OSs expected later this year. Get a sneak peek and install the highly anticipated previews of macOS Monterey and Windows 11 to a virtual machine (VM) via the Parallels Desktop 17 Installation Assistant. Learn how to run macOS Monterey in a VM at parallels.com/blogs/macos-monterey/ and how to run Windows 11 in a VM at parallels.com/blogs/Windows11.
- ENHANCED! Must-have Speed and Performance Updates: Applications running with Parallels Desktop 17 on Mac computers with Apple M1¹ and Intel chip now run remarkably faster and more efficiently. Performance observations include:
On all supported Mac computers3:
- Up to 38% faster Windows, Linux and macOS resume
- OpenGL graphics performup to 6 times faster
- Up to 25% faster 2D graphics in Windows
On a Mac with Apple M1 chip3:
- Up to 33% faster Windows 10 on ARM Insider Preview start
- Up to 20% faster Windows 10 on ARM Insider Preview disk performance
- Up to 28% better DirectX 11 graphics performance
On a Mac with Intel processor3:
- Up to 60% faster network connection on macOS Big Sur (and newer) virtual machine
- NEW! Display Driver for an Enhanced Windows Gaming Experience: The improved display driver in Parallels Desktop 17 delivers much smoother Windows UI responsiveness and synchronized video playback experience. The new driver boosts the frame rate in many 2D action-platformer games including Foregone, Smelter and many others for a greater gaming experience.
- NEW! Powerful New Features for Apple M1 chip Mac: With Parallels Desktop 17, Windows 10 recognizes Mac battery status and enables battery saving when your Mac runs low of charge. The new virtual TPM chip enables Windows 10 and Windows 11 to use BitLocker and Secure Boot for the higher level of data protection. Enjoy multichannel sound support and jack presence detection with native drivers in Linux VMs. Conveniently use a Linux virtual machine in a windowed view mode with dynamic resolution support—resize the VM window and Linux will refresh the display for the new resolution automatically.
- ENHANCED! Coherence Mode Improvement: A long-time user favorite feature, Coherence™ Mode is now used by 80% of Parallels Desktop users, enabling them to run Windows applications and Mac applications side by side, without seeing the Windows desktop. Users now enjoy an uninterrupted and distraction-free workflow as all Windows shutdowns, updates and sign-in screens are windowed, enabling the user to minimize them to stay focused and productive.
- NEW! Automatic Resource Manager: Users can now experience the Automatic Resource Manager, designed to evaluate and advise on the optimal amount of Mac hardware resources for virtual machines to ensure the best performance every time.
- ENHANCED! Seamlessly Drag and Drop Content between Windows and Mac: Users now enjoy the ability to drop any text or image between Mac and Windows applications, including between Windows applications and macOS Monterey Quick Note (when available).
- ENHANCED! Advanced Experience and Support for USB Devices: In response to user feedback on USB device compatibility with virtual machines, Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac now supports USB 3.1, enabling use of additional USB storage devices4. Users now see the device’s familiar name in the Parallels Desktop interface, making it easier to quickly identify the right device to connect or disconnect.
- ENHANCED! Better Control of Disk Space: As virtual machines—and notably VM snapshots— can occupy a large amount of disk space, users can now see how much disk space their VM snapshots take up and make informed decisions about their Mac computer’s disk space usage in Parallels Desktop 17.
Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition:
Designed to provide the best value to Parallels Desktop power users, developers and IT specialists, Parallels Desktop Pro Edition is Parallels’ most popular selling version, offering all the power of the standard Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac, plus these unique capabilities:
- NEW! Easily Convert a Linked Clone to an Independent Virtual Machine: Responding to the demands of our users, Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition enables the creation of an independent virtual machine from a linked clone in just two clicks.
- ENHANCED! Improved Visual Studio Plugin: The Parallels Desktop plugin for Visual Studio, designed to debug code in a standalone VM, now supports Mac computers with Apple M1 chip. Moreover, the plugin installation process with Visual Studio 2019 has been simplified.
Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Business Edition:
Delivering essential capabilities specifically for enterprise environments, Parallels Desktop 17 Business Edition builds on the power of the Pro version with additional functionality, including:
- NEW! Corporate Virtual Machine Provisioning to Any Mac: Business administrators can now provision pre-configured Windows virtual machines to a mixed fleet of Mac computers with both Intel and Apple M1 chip. IT managers can now specify download links and descriptions in Parallels My Account for both Intel and Apple M1 chip Mac computers, and Parallels Desktop will automatically download the proper image for each individual employee.
- NEW! Deploy Parallels Desktop on a Multi-Architecture Mac Fleet with a Single Package: Parallels Desktop 17 is a universal binary application that makes it possible to create just one mass deployment package that can be used with both Intel- and M1-based Mac computers. With this new option, Parallels Desktop deployment using Mac Management tools and Self-Service Portal is remarkably simple.
Take a look at all the new features of Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac at parallels.com/products/desktop/whats-new.
NEW! Additional tools in Parallels Toolbox 5 for Mac and Windows
Parallels® Toolbox, which is included with Parallels Desktop subscriptions, introduced five new tools to its latest version. Focus on Window, Transform Text, Recognize Text, Barcode Scanner, and Barcode Generator have now been added to Parallels Toolbox’s extensive library of more than 30 everyday utilities.
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Standard, Pro and Business Editions are all designed to offer an optimal experience on both M1- and Intel-based Mac computers, and can be purchased at parallels.com/desktop or from authorized resellers worldwide. Parallels Desktop subscriptions include complimentary concurrent subscriptions to Parallels® Access 6.5 and Parallels Toolbox 5 for Mac and Windows.
For more information about Parallels products, to download free trial software, or purchase a subscription, please visit parallels.com.
Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac
- Upgrade to a perpetual license – US$49.99
- New subscription – US$79.99 per year
- New perpetual license – US$99.99
Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition
- Upgrade from any edition – US$49.99 per year
- New subscription – US$99.99 per year
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition
- US$99.99 per year
Parallels is a global leader in cross-platform solutions that make it simple for businesses and individuals to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system. Parallels helps customers leverage the best technology out there, whether it’s Windows, Mac, iOS, Android or the cloud. Parallels solves complex engineering and user-experience problems by making it simple and cost-effective for businesses and individual customers to use applications anywhere, anytime. Parallels, a business unit of Corel, has offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Visit parallels.com/about for more information.
Corel products enable millions of connected knowledge workers around the world to do great work faster. Offering some of the industry's best-known software brands, we give individuals and teams the power to create, collaborate and deliver impressive results. Our success is driven by an unwavering commitment to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative applications – including CorelDRAW®, MindManager®, Parallels® and WinZip® – to inspire users and help them achieve their goals.
To learn more about Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
- Running VMs on Apple M1 Mac computers in Parallels Desktop 17 requires ARM-based operating systems (OSs). Customers who install guest operating systems in Parallels Desktop virtual machines are responsible for making sure that they are compliant with each OSs’ end-user licensing agreement (EULA).
- Requires a Mac running macOS Monterey 12 or newer.
- Performance measurements conducted by Parallels. Measured with a prerelease version of Parallels Desktop 17 versus released version of Parallels Desktop 16. The performance will vary based on usage, system configuration and other factors.
- USB devices often require drivers. Not all vendors provide drivers for Windows on ARM, which may limit several supported devices on a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
© 2021 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved. Parallels the Parallels logo, Coherence are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parallels International GmbH in Canada, the United States, and elsewhere. Corel, CorelDRAW, MindManager, and WinZip are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation in Canada, the U.S., and/or elsewhere. Apple, macOS, and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. All other company, product and service names, logos, brands, and any registered or unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners. Use of any brands, names, logos, or any other information, imagery, or materials pertaining to a third party does not imply endorsement. We disclaim any proprietary interest in such third-party information, imagery, materials, marks, and names of others. For all notices and information about patents please visit https://www.parallels.com/about/legal/
A video accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/d8baaef2-3dc7-4adb-97df-a4dd3760fca0To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Another important step for dLab and Dala Energi28.9.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
We are happy to announce that our journey with Dala Energi takes yet another important step! The product dAnalyzer Lite from cleantech company Dlaboratory Sweden AB (dLab), are being integrated to one more station, Lindan. Dala Energi's business concept is to offer solutions in energy and digital communication that help people and companies live and develop in our countryside in an easy, efficient, and sustainable way and dLab is happy to support Dala Energi in realizing their mission. dLab’s dInsight Analytics Platform provides a decision support system including a broad set of features and services. One of these features is dAnalyzer, collecting grid data from its minimal hardware, completely independent of age and make, including high-resolution sensors. The data is analyzed and put into meaningful context through a web-based interface; thereby enabling proactive fault detection as well as proactive maintenance. In modern substations equipped with digital protection relays including
DNO Updates North Sea Drilling28.9.2021 08:27:36 CEST | Press release
Oslo, 28 September 2021 – DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today reported an oil discovery on the Gomez prospect in its operated PL006C license offshore Norway. The exploration well encountered hydrocarbons in the primary target in the Våle Formation of Paleocene Age. The reservoir is a 23 meters thick, homogeneous sandstone of poor to moderate quality. A small amount of oil was recovered during logging. The oil/water contact was not encountered. Based on preliminary assessments, there is uncertainty whether the reservoir can be commercially produced and no estimate of recoverable volumes has been established at this stage. DNO holds a 65 percent interest in the PL006C license and together with its partner Aker BP (35 percent) will study the extensive data collected during the operation before deciding next steps. In a separate announcement, Equinor as operator of license PL159B (DNO 32 percent) has reported that the recently completed Black Vulture exploration well did not
Statkraft sells Andershaw Wind Farm and retains long-term management role28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Press release
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC has purchased 100% of Statkraft’s ownership in Andershaw Wind Farm - Statkraft to retain long-term operations and maintenance as well as asset management - The two companies have also signed an extension of the existing PPA agreement (UK and Norway, 28 Sept 2021) Statkraft, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, has today announced the sale of Andershaw Wind Farm in Scotland, to Greencoat UK Wind PLC for a purchase price of £121m (including cash and working capital). Statkraft, who together with Catamount Energy*, began joint development of the project in 2006 and operation in 2017, will maintain day-to-day operation and maintenance, as well as asset management responsibilities until 2037. The company has also negotiated an extension of its existing long-term market access power purchase agreement. * Andershaw Wind Farm (36 MW installed capacity), south of Glasgow, produces enough energy to meet the annual needs of about 26,000 homes. Eivind Torblaa, Vi
Statkraft selger Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland og fortsetter å drifte vindparken28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Pressemelding
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC har kjøpt hele Andershaw Wind Farm fra Statkraft - Statkraft vil levere alle drifts- og vedlikeholdstjenester for vindparken til Greencoat UK Wind - Partene har også forlenget en eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtale (Oslo/London, 28. september 2021) Statkraft, Europas største produsent av fornybar energi, har solgt Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland til Greencoat UK Wind PLC for 121 millioner pund, inkludert kontanter og arbeidskapital. Statkraft startet utviklingen av prosjektet i 2006 og vindparken ble satt i drift i 2017. I forbindelse med salget er det avtalt at Statkraft skal fortsette å drifte anlegget, samt levere alle vedlikeholds- og eieroppfølgingstjenester til Greencoat fram til 2037. En forlengelse av den eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtalen er også avtalt. Vindparken som ligger sør for Glasgow har elleve turbiner, en samlet installert effekt på 36 MW og produserer nok fornybar energi til å dekke forbruket i rundt 26.000 britiske husstander. Eivind Torblaa, Vice Pre
Teledyne to showcase comprehensive portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology at Vision 202128.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teledyne, a part of Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY], and a global leader in machine vision technology, will exhibit their newest technologies at Vision 2021 taking place October 5-7, 2021 in Stuttgart, Germany. Teledyne will display the world’s most comprehensive, vertically integrated portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology including the latest from newly acquired Teledyne FLIR. Visit the Teledyne booth and explore the unmatched capabilities and products from Teledyne’s DALSA, e2v, FLIR, and Lumenera business units. Your one source for unlimited vision will be on display at Stand 8 B10. Teledyne will participate in the Industrial Vision Days with keynote and technology presentations taking place Wednesday, October 6, 2021: At 9:20 AM join Teledyne DALSA’s Matthias Sonder delivering his presentation entitled “Clarity at High Speed” At 4:20 PM be sure to attend Teledyne e2v’s Sergio Morillas speaking about “Highly r
Ahold Delhaize share buyback update28.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Zaandam, the Netherlands, September 28, 2021 – Ahold Delhaize has repurchased 606,980 of Ahold Delhaize common shares in the period from September 20, 2021 up to and including September 24, 2021. The shares were repurchased at an average price of €28.55 per share for a total consideration of €17.3 million. These repurchases were made as part of the €1 billion share buyback program announced on November 4, 2020. The total number of shares repurchased under this program to date is 28,367,721 common shares for a total consideration of € 690.4 million. Download the share buyback transactions excel sheet for detailed individual transaction information from https://www.aholddelhaize.com/en/investors/share-buyback-programs/2021/ This press release is issued in connection with the disclosure and reporting obligation set out in Article 2(2) of the EU Regulation that contains technical standards for buyback programs.
ASM INTERNATIONAL HOSTS INVESTOR DAY, UPDATES Q3 2021 GUIDANCE28.9.2021 07:45:00 CEST | Press release
Almere, The Netherlands September 28, 2021, 7:45 a.m. CET ASM International N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) today hosts its 2021 Investor Day. ASM today also announces that the order intake in Q3 2021 is expected to exceed previous guidance. ASM holds today its Investor Day. During this event ASM’s management will provide an update on the company’s strategy, how we are going to create value and drive growth through innovation Highlights include: Targeting revenue of €2.8-€3.4 billion by 2025 (2020-2025 CAGR of 16%-21%), gross margins of 46%-50% in 2021-2025, and operating margins of 26%-31% in 2021-2025;Targeting Net Zero emissions by 2035 and 100% renewable electricity by 2024;1Single-wafer ALD market expected to increase from $1.5 billion in 2020 to $3.1-3.7 billion by 2025;Further capacity expansion of our new manufacturing facility to be production ready by early 2023. “I’m very excited to share the strong prospects for our company during our first Investor Day,” said Benjamin Loh,