Nordic American Tankers Ltd (NYSE: NAT) – Report March 31, 2023 (First quarter 2023) – History in the making!
Monday, May 22, 2023
Dear Shareholders and Investors,
- The average Time Charter Equivalent (TCE) for our spot vessels (15) during the first quarter of 2023 came in at $60,005 per day per ship. Including vessels on term contracts (4), the total average NAT TCE was $51,902 per day per ship. This is the second strongest first quarter TCE ever achieved in NAT’s 28 year history. Our operating costs are about $8,000 per day per vessel.
- The net profit for 1Q 2023 landed at $46.9 million or an earnings per share (EPS) of $0.22. The previous quarter saw a net profit of $36 million and an EPS of $0.17. Adjusted Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) for 1Q 2023 came in with a positive $67.7 million, compared to an adjusted EBITDA of $51.1 million in 4Q 2022.
- The board has decided that the dividend after the first quarter of 2023 will be 15 cents ($0.15) per share. The Dividend will be payable on July 6, 2023 to shareholders on record as of June 15, 2023.
- The seasonal slowdown seen so far in 2Q 2023 has already bottomed, at levels that in previous years would have been perceived as peak season earnings. This goes to illustrate that the scarcity of Suezmax tankers should secure a very interesting market for NAT going forward. Seasonal variations will occur, but we expect earnings to be at higher levels than in the past due to the low orderbook of new ships.
- 65% of our spot voyage days for the second quarter of 2023 have now been booked at an average TCE of $42,111 per day per ship. Spot rates have now turned upwards, but if this level is achieved for the full second quarter, it is a second quarter level only achieved three times in the past for NAT.
- On the demand side, last year was focused on Europe’s energy challenge following the Russian invasion in Ukraine. This year will see the populations in China and other nations returning to mobility and travel in a big way. We expect the re-emergence of India and the Far East after the pandemic to have a significant effect on oil markets. This should add to an already tight market for NAT.
- NAT has one of the lowest debt levels among publicly listed tanker companies. Our net debt stood at $168 million equal to $8.9 million per ship at March 31, 2023.
- The NAT fleet of versatile suezmax tankers offers flexibility in loading and discharging ports. Through careful voyage planning and adjustment of speed of our vessels, the NAT fleet is reducing emissions.
- Financial information for the first quarter of 2023 and for other periods is included later in this report.
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd. www.nat.bm
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides safe harbor protections for forward-looking statements in order to encourage companies to provide prospective information about their business. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.
The Company desires to take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is including this cautionary statement in connection with this safe harbor legislation. The words “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “plan,” “potential,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “expect,” “pending” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements in this press release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, our management’s examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including fluctuations in charter rates and vessel values, changes in demand in the tanker market, as a result of changes in OPEC’s petroleum production levels and worldwide oil consumption and storage, changes in our operating expenses, including bunker prices, drydocking and insurance costs, the market for our vessels, availability of financing and refinancing, changes in governmental rules and regulations or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, general domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents or political events, vessels breakdowns and instances of off-hires and other important factors described from time to time in the reports filed by the Company with
the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the prospectus and related prospectus supplement, our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and our reports on Form 6-K.
Bjørn Giæver, CFO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +1 888 755 8391
Alexander Kihle, Finance Manager
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +47 91 724 171
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Sampo plc’s share buybacks 08/06/20239.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
SAMPO PLC STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 09/06/2023 at 08:30 am Sampo plc’s share buybacks 08/06/2023 On 08/06/2023 Sampo plc (business code 0142213-3, LEI 743700UF3RL386WIDA22) has acquired its own A shares (ISIN code FI0009003305) as follows: Sampo plc’s share buybacksAggregated daily volume (in number of shares)Daily weighted average price of the purchased shares*Market (MIC Code)7,54242.75AQEU26,04942.71CEUX12,86042.73TQEX68,54942.74XHELTOTAL115,00042.73 *rounded to two decimals On 29 March 2023, Sampo announced a share buyback programme of up to a maximum of EUR 400 million in compliance with the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (MAR) and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052. The programme, which started on 3 April 2023, is based on the authorisation granted by Sampo's Annual General Meeting on 18 May 2022. After the disclosed transactions, the company owns in total 4,875,623 Sampo A shares representing 0.95 per cent of the total number of shares in Sampo plc. Details o
Bilia AB (publ) announces tender offer regarding certain outstanding senior unsecured bonds and considers issuance of new senior unsecured bonds9.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN OR INTO OR TO ANY PERSON LOCATED OR RESIDENT IN THE UNITED STATES, ITS TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS (INCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, GUAM, AMERICAN SAMOA, WAKE ISLAND AND THE NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS, ANY STATE OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) OR TO ANY U.S. PERSON (AS DEFINED IN REGULATION S OF THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED) OR IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE IT IS UNLAWFUL TO RELEASE, PUBLISH OR DISTRIBUTE THIS DOCUMENT. THE DISTRIBUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS (IN PARTICULAR, THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM) MAY BE RESTRICTED BY LAW Bilia AB (publ) (the “Issuer”) is offering holders of the Issuer’s outstanding bonds outlined below (the “Bonds”) to tender any and all of their Bonds for purchase by the Issuer for cash (the “Tender Offer”) at the purchase price set out below, plus accrued and unpaid interest. The Bonds will be repurchased subject to the terms and conditions described in
Bilia AB (publ) offentliggör ett frivilligt återköpserbjudande av vissa utestående seniora icke-säkerställda obligationer och avser att emittera ny senior icke-säkerställd obligation9.6.2023 07:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
EJ FÖR DISTRIBUTION I ELLER TILL, ELLER TILL NÅGON PERSON SOM BEFINNER SIG I ELLER ÄR BOSATT I USA, DESS TERRITORIUM OCH BESITTNINGAR (INKLUSIVE PUERTO RICO, DE AMERIKANSKA JUNGFRUÖARNA, GUAM, AMERIKANSKA SAMOA, WAKEÖARNA, NORDMARIANERNA, VARJE DELSTAT I USA OCH DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) ELLER TILL NÅGON AMERIKANSK PERSON (U.S. PERSON, SÅSOM DEFINIERATS I REGULATION S I UNITED STATES SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, I DESS NUVARANDE LYDELSE) ELLER NÅGON JURISDIKTION DÄR UTGIVANDE, PUBLICERING ELLER DISTRIBUTION AV DETTA DOKUMENT ÄR FÖRBJUDET ENLIGT LAG. DISTRIBUTION AV DETTA DOKUMENT KAN STRIDA MOT LAG I VISSA JURISDIKTIONER (I SYNNERHET USA OCH STORBRITANNIEN) Bilia AB (publ) (“Bolaget”) erbjuder innehavare av Bolagets samtliga utestående, nedan listade obligationer (”Obligationerna”) att delta i ett återköp där Bolaget köper tillbaka Obligationer mot kontant vederlag (”Återköpserbjudandet”) till det pris som anges nedan plus upplupen och icke betald ränta. Obligationerna kommer att återköpas i en
Ad hoc announcement: GAM Holding AG confirms the publication of the offer prospectus of Liontrust9.6.2023 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
9 June 2023 PRESS RELEASE Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 Listing Rules: GAM Holding AG confirmsthe publication of the offer prospectus of Liontrust Liontrust Asset Management PLc had previously stated that it intended to publish a Circular and the Offer Prospectus for the public exchange offer for all publicly held registered shares of GAM Holding AG on 9 June 2023. Liontrust Asset Management PLc now expects to publish both the Circular and Offer Prospectus on or around 13 June 2023. GAM is making this announcement pursuant to its obligations under Article 53 of the Listing Rules of the SIX Exchange. For further information please contact: Charles Naylor Head of Communications and Investor Relations T +44 7890 386 699 Media Relations Ute Dehn Christen T +41 58 426 31 36 Visit us: www.gam.com Follow us: Twitter and LinkedIn GAM GAM is an independent investment manager that is listed in Switzerland and has, within its Investment Management division, AuMA of CHF 23.3 billion (£21
Mowi ASA (OSE: MOWI): 2023 Salmon Farming Industry Handbook9.6.2023 06:30:00 CEST | Press release
Please find attached the 2023 version of the Salmon Farming Industry Handbook. The handbook is also available on our website www.mowi.com. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. Attachment 2023 Salmon Farming Industry Handbook