Nordic American Tankers Ltd (NYSE: NAT) – Report March 31, 2022 (First quarter 2022) – Daily rates improving
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Dear Shareholders and Investors,
Please see HIGHLIGHTS and enclosed 1Q 2022 report below.
The future of our business is sound
- The uncertainty created by the Russia/Ukraine conflict is reshaping the energy map of the world long term. Oil will have to be sourced from a myriad of places, often involving longer (ton-mile) and thus more lucrative voyages. The NAT fleet of versatile suezmax tankers is ideally situated to take advantage of these changing circumstances. We have not carried Russian oil during the last year.
- New oil tankers joining the global fleet are in short supply going forward. Major shipyards are reporting they have little or no capacity to build suezmax tankers before 2026. This is a very bullish data point both for the market over the long run and for NAT.
- The average TCE for our active fleet during the first quarter of 2022 came in at $8,870 per day per ship. So far in the second quarter of 2022, 70% of our fleet is booked at an average TCE of about $20,000 per day per vessel (+ 125%). This is the best illustration possible of an advantageous market for our suezmax tankers.
- With global oil inventories at critically low levels and the present political uncertainties, the improvement in tanker markets has accelerated.
- We recorded a net loss of -$27 million or an EPS of -$0.14 for the first quarter 2022. The same quarter last year saw a net loss of -$25.0 million and a corresponding EPS of -$0.16 based on the average number of shares outstanding in the quarter.
- The cash dividend for 1Q 2022 is 2 cent ($0.02) per share, payable on Wednesday July 6, 2022, to shareholders on record Tuesday June 14, 2022. This is our 99th consecutive quarterly dividend payment.
- NAT has one of the lowest debt levels among publicly listed tanker companies. The net debt of the company as per March 31, 2022 is $226.9 million or $11.3 million per vessel. This provides the company with financial flexibility. Our objective is to become debt free.
- Our newbuilding, The “Nordic Harrier” built by Samsung in South-Korea was delivered on schedule May 13, 2022. The second newbuilding will be delivered at the end of June. Both vessels are commencing six year time charters immediately upon delivery from the yard, ensuring earnings, cashflow and financial stability. The vessels are fully financed.
- We have during the first four months of 2022 sold three of our 2002 built vessels. The ships were delivered to new owners on February 18, March 23 and April 12, 2022 respectively. A total of four vessels have been sold since we announced plans to refresh our fleet. The proceeds from these sales, which totalled about $60 million were used to pay down debt. We expect to sell one more 2002 suezmax at about $16 million.
- Financial information for the first quarter of 2022 and for other periods is included later in this report - see link below.
For contacts, please see at the end of this communication.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides safe harbor protections for forward-looking statements in order to encourage companies to provide prospective information about their business. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.
The Company desires to take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is including this cautionary statement in connection with this safe harbor legislation. The words “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “plan,” “potential,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “expect,” “pending” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements in this press release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, our management’s examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including fluctuations in charter rates and vessel values, changes in demand in the tanker market, as a result of changes in OPEC’s petroleum production levels and worldwide oil consumption and storage, changes in our operating expenses, including bunker prices, drydocking and insurance costs, the market for our vessels, availability of financing and refinancing, changes in governmental rules and regulations or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, general domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents or political events, vessels breakdowns and instances of off-hires and other important factors described from time to time in the reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the prospectus and related prospectus supplement, our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and our reports on Form 6-K.
NAT is a Bermuda based company.
Bjørn Giæver, CFO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +1 888 755 8391
Herbjørn Hansson, Founder, Chairman & CEO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +1 866 805 9504
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Report – ERYTECH’s Combined Shareholders’ Meeting On June 24, 202224.6.2022 22:05:00 CEST | Press release
REPORT –ERYTECH’S COMBINED SHAREHOLDERS’ MEETING ON JUNE 24, 2022 Cambridge, MA (U.S.) and Lyon (France), June24, 2022 – ERYTECH Pharma (Nasdaq& Euronext: ERYP), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating therapeutic drug substances inside red blood cells, today announcedthat its Annual General Meeting was held on Friday, June 24, 2022. At the meeting, all resolutions for which the Board of Directors recommended a vote in favor were adopted, including: Approval of the annual financial statements and consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2021;Allocation of the financial year's results;Approval of the statutory auditors’ special report on regulated agreements and commitments with related parties;Approval of the elements of total compensation and benefits paid or allocated for the year ended December 31, 2021, to Gil BEYEN, Chief Executive Officer and Jean-Paul KRESS, Chairman of the Board;Approval of the compens
Cleantech Building Materials: Results of Annual General Meeting24.6.2022 14:54:27 CEST | Press release
24 June 2022 CLEANTECH BUILDING MATERIALS PLC, NASDAQ FIRST NORTH GROWTH MARKET, COPENHAGEN TICKER: CBM ISIN: GBOOBD1LVD21 CLEANTECH BUILDING MATERIALS PLC Results of Annual General Meeting The Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of Cleantech Building Materials plc (“CBM” or the “Company”) was held in London earlier today, 24 June 2022. Details of the resolutions to be considered at the AGM were published in the Notice of AGM which was posted to Shareholders on 1 June 2022 and is available on the Company’s website: www.cbm-plc.com. All resolutions as set out in the Notice of AGM were duly passed without discussion. In particular, the following resolutions were passed at the AGM. The AGM resolved to authorise the directors of the Company to allot shares and grant rights to subscribe for, or convert any security, into shares. The directors of the Company sought authority for the purposes of section 551 of the Companies Act to exercise all the powers of the Company to allot shares and grant ri
Novartis receives positive CHMP opinion for Scemblix®, a novel treatment for adult patients with chronic myeloid leukemia24.6.2022 13:13:19 CEST | Press release
With unique STAMP mechanism of action, Scemblix could provide a new option for patients in Europe with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) who have suffered intolerance or inadequate response with at least two prior tyrosine kinase inhibitor treatments1 Positive opinion based on data from pivotal Phase III ASCEMBL trial, showing a near doubling in major molecular response rate for patients treated with Scemblix® (asciminib) vs. Bosulif®* (bosutinib) (25.5% vs. 13.2%) and more than three times lower discontinuation rate due to adverse reactions (5.8% vs 21.1%) at 24 weeks1 CHMP recommendation comes after the approval of Scemblix by the US FDA and other countries’ regulatory authorities, potentially broadening access for more patients to Novartis transformative therapies in CML Basel, June 24, 2022 — Novartis today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a positive opinion and recommended granting marketing au
Clariant’s shareholders approve all agenda items24.6.2022 11:30:00 CEST | Press release
AD HOC ANNOUNCEMENT PURSUANT TO ART. 53 LR Integrated Report and Group Consolidated Financial Statements for fiscal year 2021 approvedGünter von Au reelected as Chairman of the Board of DirectorsThree new candidates join the Board of Directors: Ahmed Mohamed Alumar, Roberto César Gualdoni, Naveena ShastriConfirmed distribution of CHF 0.40 per shareKPMG confirmed as statutory auditor from 2022 MUTTENZ, JUNE 24, 2022 Clariant, a focused, sustainable, and innovative specialty chemical company, today held its 27th Annual General Meeting (AGM) where the shareholders approved all agenda items and resolutions as proposed by the Board of Directors. The AGM was held virtually, where shareholders were able to exercise their rights exclusively via the independent proxy. Overall, 698'945'298 shares or around 70.19 % of the share capital of Clariant were represented. Günter von Au was reelected as Chairman of the Board of Directors. Additionally, three new members were voted to join by a large majo
Cool Company Ltd. – Mandatory Notification Of Trade24.6.2022 11:01:19 CEST | Press release
EPS Ventures Ltd., close associate of Cyril Ducau, Chair of the Board of Cool Company Ltd. (the “Company”), has on 23 June 2022 acquired 7,865 shares in the Company at a price of NOK 90.274882 per share. Following the transaction, EPS Ventures Ltd. holds a total of 15,591,218 shares in the Company, equivalent to 38.97% of the Company’s shares. Please see the attached notification form in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation article 19. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act Attachment Primary insider notification form