Nordic American Tankers Ltd (NYSE: NAT) – Report June 30, 2022 (Second quarter 2022) – an unbroken string of 100 quarters of dividend payments. Ship values and rates are up
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Dear Shareholders and Investors,
Please see HIGHLIGHTS and the enclosed 2Q 2022 report below.
- The average time charter equivalent (TCE) for our fleet during the second quarter of 2022 came in at $20,080 per day per ship, which is a substantial improvement compared with the first quarter of $8,870 per day per vessel. The third quarter has started at an even stronger pace. This obviously bodes well for our suezmax tankers.
- As this year has shown, energy security is at the top of the global agenda. More oil is clearly needed. Given the geopolitical realities, oil will have to be transported over longer distances than in the past. This is positve for our fleet of suezmax tankers, which offer flexibility in the marketplace.
- The orderbook for new suezmax tankers scheduled to join the global fleet currently stands at only 13 ships (2% of the world suezmax fleet). This is a historic low by any measure, and major shipyards have limited capacity to deliver more suezmax tankers before 2026. NAT has 20 one million barrel suezmax vessels on the water. Our fleet is in an excellent position to reap the benefits of a tight market.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter improved significantly and came in with a positive $14.2 million. This compares with an EBITDA of -$7.7 million in the first quarter of the year. We recorded a net loss of -$4.0 million or an EPS of -$0.02 for the second quarter 2022 compared to the first quarter, which saw a net loss of -$27 million and an EPS of -$0.14.
- Our dividend payment for the second quarter is our one hundreth quarterly payout to our shareholders. We are proud of this achievement, a record that is unmatched by any other public tanker company. In aggregate, more than $49 per share have been distributed over the years. The dividend number 100 will be 3 Cent ($ 0.03) per share and will be payable on October 12, 2022 to shareholders on record as of September 15, 2022. NAT is a dividend-driven company, and with improved earnings, higher dividends can be expected.
- NAT has one of the lowest debt levels among publicly listed tanker companies. 15 of our ships are financed through a cooperation with a financial institution in Dallas, Texas, where the current gross borrowing is about USD 10 mill per ship. At the time of this report there are 20 vessels in the NAT fleet. Separate financial arrangements are in place for the other 5 vessels. The value of the NAT fleet has increased strongly in the recent past.
- The first of our recent newbuildings was delivered on May 14th and our second newbuilding was delivered on June 30, 2022. Both vessels have commenced six-year time charter contracts, ensuring earnings, cashflow and financial stability.
- The sale of our last 2002-built suezmax took place in July at a price of about $16 million. The proceeds from the sale were used to pay down debt.
- Financial information for the second quarter of 2022 and for other periods is included in the attached report.
For contacts, please see at the end of this communication.
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Nordic American Tankers Limited
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides safe harbor protections for forward-looking statements in order to encourage companies to provide prospective information about their business. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.
The Company desires to take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is including this cautionary statement in connection with this safe harbor legislation. The words “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “plan,” “potential,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “expect,” “pending” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements in this press release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, our management’s examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including fluctuations in charter rates and vessel values, changes in demand in the tanker market, as a result of changes in OPEC’s petroleum production levels and worldwide oil consumption and storage, changes in our operating expenses, including bunker prices, drydocking and insurance costs, the market for our vessels, availability of financing and refinancing, changes in governmental rules and regulations or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, general domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents or political events, vessels breakdowns and instances of off-hires and other important factors described from time to time in the reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the prospectus and related prospectus supplement, our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and our reports on Form 6-K.
Bjørn Giæver, CFO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +1 888 755 8391
Alexander Kihle, Finance Manager
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +47 91 72 41 71
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Mohawk Industries, Inc. Invites You to Join the Third Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call5.10.2022 22:01:23 CEST | Press release
CALHOUN, Ga., Oct. 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In conjunction with Mohawk Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MHK) Third Quarter 2022 earnings release on Thursday October 27, 2022, you are invited to listen to the conference call that will be broadcast live on Friday October 28, 2022 at 11:00 am ET. What:Mohawk Industries, Inc. 3rd Quarter 2022 Earnings CallWhen:October 28, 202211:00 am ETWhere:www.mohawkind.comSelect Investor InformationHow:Live over the Internet – Simply log on to the web at the address above orRegister for the conference call at https://dpregister.com/sreg/10171853/f4b0080751Live Conference Call:Dial 1-833-630-1962 (US/Canada)Dial 1-412-317-1843 (Int’l) Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and viny
REPURCHASE OF SHARES5.10.2022 20:00:00 CEST | Press release
REPURCHASE OF SHARES Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Flow Traders N.V. (“Flow Traders”) (Euronext: FLOW) has repurchased 54,950of its own shares in the period from 29September 2022 up to and including 5October 2022 at an average price of €19.28. This is in accordance with the share buyback programme announced on 22 July 2022. The consideration of this purchase was €1.1 million. The total number of shares purchased under this programme to date is 337,152 shares at an average price of €19.43 for a total consideration of €6.6 million. 3,127,247 shares were held in treasury as at 5 October 2022. Contact Details Flow Traders N.V. Jonathan Berger / Investor Relations Officer Phone: +31 20 7996799 Email: email@example.com About Flow Traders Flow Traders is a leading global financial technology-enabled liquidity provider in financial products, historically specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs), now expanding into other asset classes. Flow Traders ensures the provision of
Dovre's Suvic Oy has signed a contract for the foundation construction of two new wind farms5.10.2022 17:00:00 CEST | Press release
Dovre Group Plc Press release October 5, 2022 at 6 pm Dovre's Suvic Oy has signed a contract for the foundation construction of two new wind farms Suvic has signed a design and construction agreement for constructing the foundations for two new wind farms in Ostrobothnia in the municipality of Ii. The new wind farms will be called Isokangas and Palokangas. The design work will start by the end of 2022 and the construction work will commence in the spring of 2023. The owner of the project is Exilion Tuuli, which is an investment company owned by Elo, The State Pension Fund of Finland and Veritas. Isokangas and Palokangas will together have 17 windmills with a total capacity of 100 MW. "We are very happy to start cooperation with a new Finnish customer Exilion Oy", states Suvic Oy's CEO and Chairman of the Board Mr. Ville Vesanen. Additional information: Suvic Oy Ville Vesanen CEO Tel. +358 44 328 9928 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.suvic.fi Suvic Oy is a Finnish construction company founded in 2017
Evaxion welcomes Per Norlén as new CEO.5.10.2022 14:32:40 CEST | Press release
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Oct. 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Evaxion Biotech A/S (NASDAQ: EVAX) (“Evaxion” or the “Company”), a clinical-stage biotechnology company specializing in the development of AI-driven immunotherapies, announces that its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Per Norlén has joined the company on October 3rd. Dr. Norlén is a board-certified physician and associate professor with more than 20 years in the biotech sector, of which the last decade has been in executive leadership roles. He brings a wealth of experience from being CEO of listed drug development companies. He has a proven business development track record, including major out-licensing deals with biotech and Pharma. “Evaxion has emerged from being an under-the-radar start-up to becoming a clinical stage biotech company leading the development of tailored cancer immunotherapies, individually designed for each patient. I am convinced that Evaxion is on to something extremely important that holds the potential to
UPM inaugurates its new deep sea pulp terminal in the Port of Montevideo5.10.2022 14:00:00 CEST | Press release
(UPM, Helsinki, 5 October 2022 at 15:00 EEST) – UPM inaugurates today its new pulp terminal in the port of Montevideo, Uruguay. This investment of approximately USD 280 million is a fundamental part of UPM’s USD 3.47 billion growth investment in Uruguay that includes a state-of-the-art pulp mill in Paso de los Toros, new eucalyptus tree nursery as well as local community investments in Paso de los Toros. “This is a significant milestone in our growth project in Uruguay. The new pulp terminal with direct connections from the new pulp mill and to the global markets plays a key role in the growth and competitiveness of UPM’s pulp business,” says UPM President and CEO JussiPesonen. “The public infrastructure investments to the deep sea port and railway improve the competitiveness of all export sectors in Uruguay.” The new pulp terminal is located in the newly developed deep sea port in Montevideo, and it will have a direct rail connection to the new UPM Paso de los Toros mill. In the futur