Nordic American Tankers Ltd (NYSE: NAT) – Report December 31, 2022 (Fourth quarter & full year 2022) - Rates & Dividends are up
Monday, February 27, 2023
Dear Shareholders and Investors,
The 4Q 2022 Net result is more than $50 million better than the same quarter 2021. The direction of NAT is unquestionably upwards.
1) The average Time Charter Equivalent (TCE) for our spot vessels (15) during the fourth quarter of 2022 came in at $57,340 per day per ship. Including vessels on term contracts (4), the total average NAT TCE was $49,035 per day per ship. This was 76% up from the third quarter of 2022. Our operating costs are about $8,000 per day per vessel.
2) The net profit for 4Q 2022 more than tripled from 3Q 2022 and landed at $36 million or an Earnings per share (EPS) of $0.17. the previous quarter saw a net profit of $10.0 million and an EPS of $0.05. Adjusted Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) for 4Q 2022 came in with a positive $51.1 million, compared to an adjusted EBITDA of $28.4 million in 3Q 2022. The bulk of our 2022 periodic drydockings took place in the fourth quarter and as such affected our revenues negatively.
3) Strong rates have continued into first quarter this year. So far, 72% of our spot voyage days have been booked at an average TCE of $60,630 per day per ship. With the 1Q 2023 bookings, we expect the first quarter 2023 net results to further improve vis-à-vis the strong 4Q 2022.
4) The dividend for the fourth quarter of 2022 will be 15 cents ($0.15) per share compared to 5 cents in the previous quarter. The Dividend will be payable on March 28, 2023 to shareholders on record as of March 14, 2023.
5) NAT has one of the lowest debt levels among publicly listed tanker companies. Our net debt stood at $197 million equal to $10.3 million per ship at December 31, 2022. The turnaround in the market is further illustrated by our cash position that stood at $59.6 million December 31, 2022 compared to $34.7 million same time a year ago. Currently our cash position is about $90 million.
6) As we have seen in the past, political uncertainty creates demand for the transport of oil. As a consequence of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the West’s strong reaction, energy security is of paramount concern. Oil will have to be sourced from further away than in the past, creating longer voyages. Uncertain times also encourage hoarding among some buyers, adding to demand for oil and for the NAT tankers.
7) NAT in particular stands to benefit from the fact that the supply of Suezmax tankers will remain at historic low levels for at least the next two or three years. Only 14 new ships are currently on order, representing only 2% of the existing fleet. This is a 30 year low. Environmental regulations, increased steel and production costs, and higher interest rates make investing in new ships challenging. A small order book for new tankers has always been positive for our industry.
8) The NAT fleet of versatile suezmax tankers offers flexibility in loading and discharging ports.Through careful voyage planning and adjustment of speed of our vessels, the NAT fleet is reducing emissions.
9) Financial information for the fourth quarter of 2022 and for other periods is enclosed in the full report below.
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd www.nat.bm
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides safe harbor protections for forward-looking statements in order to encourage companies to provide prospective information about their business. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.
The Company desires to take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is including this cautionary statement in connection with this safe harbor legislation. The words “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “plan,” “potential,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “expect,” “pending” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements in this press release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, our management’s examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including fluctuations in charter rates and vessel values, changes in demand in the tanker market, as a result of changes in OPEC’s petroleum production levels and worldwide oil consumption and storage, changes in our operating expenses, including bunker prices, drydocking and insurance costs, the market for our vessels, availability of financing and refinancing, changes in governmental rules and regulations or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, general domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents or political events, vessels breakdowns and instances of off-hires and other important factors described from time to time in the reports filed by the Company with
the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the prospectus and related prospectus supplement, our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and our reports on Form 6-K.
Alexander Kihle, Finance Manager
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +47 91 724 171
Bjørn Giæver, CFO
Nordic American Tankers Ltd
Tel: +1 888 755 8391
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Tenaris Files 2022 Annual Report / Annual Report on Form 20-F, and 2022 Sustainability Report, and Convenes Annual General Meeting of Shareholders31.3.2023 23:47:41 CEST | Press release
LUXEMBOURG, March 31, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tenaris S.A. (NYSE and Mexico: TS and EXM Italy: TEN) filed today its 2022 Annual Report / Annual Report on Form 20-F, and its 2022 Sustainability Report with the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and with the other securities regulators of the markets where its securities are listed. These reports (which contain the financial and non-financial information required by applicable Luxembourg law for the year ended December 31, 2022, including Tenaris’s consolidated financial statements as of and for the year ended December 31, 2022, Tenaris’s annual accounts as at December 31, 2022, and their related external auditors’ reports and consolidated management report and certifications) may be downloaded from the Luxembourg Stock Exchange’s website at www.bourse.lu/regulated-information-oam, from the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov, and are available on Tenaris’s website at ir.tenaris.com. Holders of T
BALTIC HORIZON FUND CONSOLIDATED AUDITED RESULTS FOR 202231.3.2023 23:10:00 CEST | Press release
Management Board of Northern Horizon Capital AS has approved the audited financial results of Baltic Horizon Fund (the Fund) for the year 2022. The financial results remained unchanged compared to the preliminary disclosure on 15 February 2023. Net result and net rental income In 2022, the Group recorded a net profit of EUR 3.9 million against EUR 1.4 million for 2021. The net result was mainly driven by strong recovery of the Galerija Centrs operating performance as fewer COVID-19 rent reliefs were granted to tenants in 2022 and increased rent indexation. The net result in 2021 was significantly impacted by the one-off negative valuation result of EUR 7.1 million. In 2022, the valuation resulted in a net fair value loss of EUR 2.9 million (-1.8% of portfolio value). The positive impact of the increase in net rental income was partly offset by non-recovered property costs. Earnings per unit for 2022 were EUR 0.03 (2021: EUR 0.07). In 2022, the Group earned net rental income of EUR 17.4
Magna Posts 2022 Annual Report31.3.2023 22:43:18 CEST | Press release
AURORA, Ontario, March 31, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG; NYSE: MGA) today announced that its 2022 Annual Report, including Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Audited Consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Information Form (AIF) and Form 40-F, are now available on the company’s website, www.magna.com. Magna has also filed these documents with the Canadian Securities Administrators (accessible through its website at www.sedar.com) and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (accessible through its website at www.sec.gov/edgar). Our 2023 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held on Thursday, May 11, 2023, commencing at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time). The meeting is being conducted as a virtual-only meeting accessible at www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/MGA2023. Magna will provide a hard copy of its audited financial statements as contained in our 2022 Annual Report to Shareholders, free of charge, on request through our website or in writi
SFL - Sale of suexmax and chemical tankers31.3.2023 22:37:14 CEST | Press release
SFL Corporation Ltd. (NYSE: SFL) (“SFL” or the "Company") announces that it has agreed to sell the two 2008-built chemical tankers SFL Weser and SFL Elbe to an unrelated third party. The sales proceeds to SFL are approximately $19.5 million for the debt free vessels. Both vessels have been employed in the spot market the last two years and delivery of the vessels to the buyer is expected to take place in the second quarter. A book impairment of approximately $7 million is expected to be recorded in the first quarter relating to the sales. The 2009-built suezmax tanker Glorycrown, which was announced sold in February, has been delivered to its new owner in March. The final sales price of approximately $43.5 million is higher than previously disclosed, and a book gain of approximately $9 million is expected to be recorded in the first quarter relating to the sale. Divesting of older vessels is part of SFL’s strategy to continuously renew and diversify its fleet, and the net cash proceeds
Information on the Total Number of Voting Rights and Shares31.3.2023 22:30:00 CEST | Press release
REGULATED INFORMATION Information on the Total Number of Voting Rights and Shares Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium), March 31, 2023, 10:30 pm CET / 4:30 pm ET – In accordance with article 15 of the Law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of large shareholdings, Nyxoah SA(Euronext Brussels and Nasdaq: NYXH) publishes the below information following the issue of new shares. Share capital: EUR 4,859,382.45 Total number of securities carrying voting rights: 28,286,985 (all ordinary shares) Total number of voting rights (= denominator): 28,286,985 (all relating to ordinary shares) Number of rights to subscribe to securities carrying voting rights not yet issued: 55 “2016 ESOP Warrants” issued on November 3, 2016, entitling their holders to subscribe to a total number of 27,500 securities carrying voting rights (all ordinary shares); 100 “2018 ESOP Warrants” issued on December 12, 2018, entitling their holders to subscribe to a total number of 50,000 securities carrying voting rights (all ordinary sh