Mandalay Resources Corporation Announces Production and Sales Results for the Third Quarter of 2021
TORONTO, Oct. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX: MND, OTCQB: MNDJF) announced today its production and sales results for the third quarter of 2021.
Third Quarter 2021 Production Highlights:
- Consolidated saleable gold equivalent production of 33,121 ounces – highest quarterly result since Q4 2017;
- Consolidated 29,752 ounces of gold equivalent sold – highest quarterly amount in four years;
- Costerfield’s highest ever quarterly saleable gold equivalent production of 18,946 ounces; and
- Cerro Bayo produced 2,925 ounces of gold equivalent. The Company expects Cerro Bayo’s overall contribution to be 9,000 – 10,000 ounces of gold equivalent by year end.
Based on year-to-date production results, Mandalay anticipates that consolidated 2021 saleable production (not including production from Cerro Bayo) will be at the higher end of the previously provided production guidance range of the 105,000 – 117,000 ounces of gold equivalent.
Dominic Duffy, President and CEO of Mandalay, commented:
“Mandalay continued to deliver strong operational results during the third quarter. The 33,121 saleable ounces of gold equivalent produced was the Company’s best result since Q4 2017 and marked our fifth consecutive quarter of increased production. The consolidated 90,640 ounces of gold equivalent produced during the first nine months not only demonstrates stability in our operations, but also positions the Company to achieve the upper limits of our 2021 combined production guidance from Costerfield and Björkdal. The main reasons for this are the overperformance at Costerfield and the increased antimony price.”
Mr. Duffy continued, “Costerfield achieved another outstanding quarter, producing 18,946 ounces of saleable gold equivalent – the highest in Company history. However, due to the current global logistics challenges, September’s floatation concentration shipment was delayed until the start of October, resulting in a delay in the recognition of revenue from this portion of production until the fourth quarter.”
“Looking forward, we will continue with the scheduled stoping of the higher-grade upper levels of the Youle deposit. We also expect to enter the Shepherd zone during the fourth quarter 2021, as the lowest level currently being developed will enter the Shepherd zone on the southern extent.”
Mr. Duffy added, “At Björkdal, third quarter production of 11,250 saleable gold ounces was a slight improvement upon the previous quarter, however, it is still below the planned production rates. The positive for the quarter was that we began to see improved grades in September as the underground operation was able to decrease the excessive dilution in key stopes. We are currently testing bolting of the upper sections of the stopes to better control the dilution and the initial results have been favorable. This adjustment along with other dilution controls being implemented should see mining grades continue to lift for the remainder of 2021.”
Mr. Duffy concluded, “Cerro Bayo continued with its processing of the low-grade mineralized waste material throughout the third quarter and produced 2,925 ounces of saleable gold equivalent. Due to economic uncertainties surrounding this process, no production guidance was provided for Cerro Bayo at the start of this year. However, with slightly higher than expected grades coupled with the support from a strong silver price, it has allowed for the project to be profitable since its initiation in March 2021. Processing will continue through to December 1, 2021, when Equus Mining will acquire ownership of the operation.”
Saleable Production for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2021:
- In the third quarter of 2021, the Company produced a total of 26,328 ounces of gold, 860 tonnes of antimony and 85,279 ounces of silver representing a total of 33,121 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 22,793 ounces of gold and 991 tonnes of antimony in the third quarter of 2020, representing a total of 25,664 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 11,250 ounces of gold in the third quarter of 2021 as compared to 11,044 ounces of gold in the third quarter of 2020.
- Production at Costerfield was 13,315 ounces of gold and 860 tonnes of antimony in the third quarter of 2021 versus 11,749 ounces gold and 991 tonnes antimony in the third quarter of 2020.
- Production at Cerro Bayo was 1,763 ounces of gold and 85,279 ounces of silver in the third quarter of 2021 versus no production in the third quarter of 2020.
Saleable Production for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2021:
- The Company produced a total of 72,696 ounces gold, 2,550 tonnes antimony and 216,040 ounces of silver, representing a total of 90,640 ounces of gold equivalent production, versus 65,766 ounces gold and 3,045 tonnes of antimony in the corresponding nine months of 2020, representing a total of 76,093 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 34,046 ounces gold.
- Production at Costerfield was 34,356 ounces gold and 2,550 tonnes antimony.
- Production at Cerro Bayo was 4,294 ounces of gold and 216,040 ounces of silver.
Table 1 – Third Quarter and Nine Months Saleable Production for 2021 and 2020
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Nine months ended|
|Nine months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||85,279||-||216,040||-|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)(1)|
- Quarterly gold equivalent ounces (“Au Eq. oz”) produced is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of gold (“Au”), silver (“Ag”) and antimony (“Sb”) in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au in the period. Average Au and Ag prices in the periods are calculated as the average of the daily LME PM fixes in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day; average Sb price in the period is calculated as the average of the daily average of the high and low Rotterdam warehouse prices for all days in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken from the last business day. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com.
Sales for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2021:
- In the third quarter of 2021, the Company sold a total of 24,022 ounces of gold, 677 tonnes of antimony and 95,198 ounces of silver, representing a total of 29,752 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 23,000 ounces of gold and 1,036 tonnes of antimony in the third quarter of 2020, representing a total of 26,001 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 11,297 ounces of gold in the third quarter of 2021 versus 11,511 ounces of gold in the third quarter of 2020.
- Costerfield sold 10,717 ounces of gold and 677 tonnes of antimony in the third quarter of 2021 versus 11,489 ounces of gold and 1,036 tonnes of antimony in the third quarter of 2020.
- Cerro Bayo sold 2,008 ounces of gold and 95,198 ounces of silver in the third quarter of 2021 versus no sales in the third quarter of 2020.
Sales for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2021:
- The Company sold 71,769 ounces gold, 2,293 tonnes antimony and 185,222 ounces of silver, representing a total of 87,580 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 65,743 ounces gold and 2,829 tonnes antimony in the first nine months of 2020, representing a total of 75,193 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 35,505 ounces gold.
- Costerfield sold 32,528 ounces gold and 2,293 tonnes antimony.
- Cerro Bayo sold 3,736 ounces gold and 185,222 ounces silver in the first nine months of 2021 versus no sales in the similar period in 2020.
Table 2 – Third Quarter and Nine Months Sales for 2021 and 2020
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Nine months ended|
|Nine months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||95,198||-||185,222||-|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)1|
- Quarterly Au Eq. oz sold is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of Au, and Sb in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au for the period. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day.
For Further Information:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Analytics and Investor Relations
About Mandalay Resources Corporation:
Mandalay Resources is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia (Costerfield gold-antimony mine) and Sweden (Björkdal gold mine), with projects in Chile and Canada under care and maintenance, closure or development status. The Company is focused on growing its production profile and reducing costs to generate significant positive cashflow.
Mandalay’s mission is to create shareholder value through the profitable operation of both its Costerfield and Björkdal mines. Currently, the Company’s main objective is to continue mining the high-grade Youle vein at Costerfield, which continues to supply high-grade ore, and also focus on extending Youle’s Mineral Reserves at depth. At Björkdal, the Company will aim to increase production from the Aurora zone in the coming years, in order to maximize profit margins from the mine.
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including statements regarding the Company’s production of gold, antimony and silver for the 2021 fiscal year. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements depending on, among other things, changes in commodity prices and general market and economic conditions. The factors identified above are not intended to represent a complete list of the factors that could affect Mandalay. A description of additional risks that could result in actual results and developments differing from those contemplated by forward-looking statements in this news release can be found under the heading “Risk Factors” in Mandalay’s annual information form dated March 30, 2021, a copy of which is available under Mandalay’s profile at www.sedar.com. In addition, there can be no assurance that any inferred resources that are discovered as a result of additional drilling will ever be upgraded to proven or probable reserves. Although Mandalay has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
JLT Mobile Computers acquires French sales partner ID Work8.12.2021 23:30:00 CET | Press release
With an own sales office JLT strengthens its local presence in the French market, which has grown to become one of the largest and most important regionsin Europe for JLT Växjö, Sweden, 8Dec2021 * * * JLT Mobile Computers, a leading supplier of reliable computers for demanding environments, today announced that they have signed the agreement to acquire of ID Work, their French sales partner with effect from January 2022. Since its start in 2013 ID Work has successfully been driving sales in France through a country-wide network consisting of system integrators and resellers. Since then, the French market has grown to become one of JLT’s largest and most important markets in Europe. JLT will be taking over the business and establish a local sales office with own personnel. Through the acquisition JLT will get closer to its customers and sales partners in France. The founder of ID Work, who is running the company today will have a continued involvement in JLT over the next couple of year
JLT Mobile Computers förvärvar sin franska säljpartner ID Work8.12.2021 23:30:00 CET | Pressemelding
Frankrike är ett av de största och viktigaste länderna i Europa för JLT ochsyftet med förvärvet är att etablera ett säljkontori egen regi för att stärkaden lokala närvaron Växjö, Sverige, 8:e december2021 * * * JLT Mobile Computers, ledande leverantör av stryktåliga datorer för krävande miljöer, annonserar idag att man har tecknat ett avtal om förvärv av sin franska säljpartner ID Work med tillträde i januari 2022. Sedan starten 2013 har ID Work framgångsrikt drivit försäljningen av JLT:s produkter i Frankrike genom ett landstäckande nätverk bestående av systemintegratörer och återförsäljare. Den franska marknaden har sedan dess vuxit till att bli en av JLT:s största och viktigaste marknader i Europa. JLT kommer att ta över ID Works verksamhet och etablera ett säljkontor med egen personal. Förvärvet gör att JLT kommer närmare sina kunder och säljpartners. Grundaren av ID Work som idag driver företaget kommer att ha ett fortsatt engagemang i JLT under de kommande åren. För mer informati
Better Collective initiates share buyback program to cover future payments relating to completed acquisitions and incentive programs8.12.2021 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory Release no. 38/2021 December 8, 2021 Better Collective A/S (the “Company”) has today initiated a share buyback program for up to 10 mEUR, to be executed during the period from December 9, 2021 to February 24, 2022. The purpose of the buyback program is to cover future payments relating to completed acquisitions and to cover established Incentive Plans. The buyback program is being initiated pursuant to the authorization granted by the shareholders at the annual general meeting held on April 26, 2021 to repurchase up to nominal 4,694,532 shares of EUR 0,01 each of the Company’s share capital in the period until the annual general meeting in 2022. The Company has appointed Nordea as lead manager of the buyback program. Under the agreement with Nordea, Nordea will purchase shares on behalf of the Company and will make its trading decisions independently of, and without influence by the Company. The buyback program is subject to the following terms: The purpose of the program is
Nextensa Nv/sa: Shares Repurchase8.12.2021 17:40:00 CET | Press release
NEXTENSA NV/SA: SHARES REPURCHASE Nextensa NV announces that the board of directors has decided to initiate a share repurchase programme to acquire up to 65,000 shares for a total amount of no more than 4,800,000 euros within the limits set down in the (renewed) share repurchase authorization as granted by the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders of 19 July 2021. The goal of the share repurchase is to enable Nextensa to meet its obligations resulting from the purchase plans for the benefit of its executive management. Nextensa recognizes the need for active and committed managers that are able to guide the transformation into a mixed property investor and developer. Furthermore, based on previous experience and current market practices and trends, the nomination and remuneration committee and the board of directors are convinced that managers are more engaged and committed when they are able to participate in the capital of Extensa NV, as this aligns their interests with those
Millicom files standard form for notification of major holdings8.12.2021 17:13:53 CET | Press release
Millicom files standard form for notification of major holdings Luxembourg,December 8, 2021 – Millicom International Cellular S.A. announced today the CSSF regulatory filing of the form: ANNEX A: Standard form for notification of major holdings (attachment) -END- For further information, please contact Press: Vivian Kobeh, Director Corporate Communications +1-786-628-5300 firstname.lastname@example.org Yocasta Valdez, Group Manager Digital Media & Communications +1-305-929-5417 email@example.com Investors: Michel Morin, VP Investor Relations +1-786-628-5270 firstname.lastname@example.org Sarah Inmon, Director Investor Relations +1-786-628-5303 email@example.com About Millicom Millicom (NASDAQ U.S.: TIGO, Nasdaq Stockholm: TIGO_SDB) is a leading provider of fixed and mobile services dedicated to emerging markets in Latin America and Africa. Millicom sets the pace when it comes to providing high-speed broadband and innovation around The Digital Lifestyle® services through its principal brand, TIGO. As
Volta Finance Limited - Result of AGM8.12.2021 16:04:30 CET | Press release
8 December 2021 Volta Finance Limited (VTA / VTAS) RESULTS OF THE FIFTEENTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Volta Finance Limited announces that at the Fifteenth Annual General Meeting held earlier today all resolutions proposed were duly passed. One of these resolutions was a special resolution. The full text of the resolutions can be found in the Notice of Meeting contained within the Annual Report and Accounts 2021, copies of which are available for viewing on the Company’s website http://www.voltafinance.com. Further information on the votes cast for each resolution will be available on the Company’s website shortly. CONTACTS For the Investment Manager AXA Investment Managers Paris Serge Demay firstname.lastname@example.org +33 (0) 1 44 45 84 47 Company Secretary and Administrator BNP Paribas Securities Services S.C.A, Guernsey Branch email@example.com +44 (0) 1481 750 853 Corporate Broker Cenkos Securities plc Andrew Worne Daniel Balabanoff +44 (0) 20 7397 8900 ***** ABOUT V
New Kisqali® data shows consistent overall survival benefit across genomic and clinical subtypes of interest in HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer8.12.2021 15:30:00 CET | Press release
Data from the MONALEESA Phase III program provide further evidence of the unique profile of Kisqali, the CDK4/6 inhibitor with the longest reported median overall survival (OS) in HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer (over 5 years) and proven OS benefit across patient subgroups1-5 Kisqali pooled data at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium confirms OS benefit across most common genomic intrinsic subtypes of HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer, including the aggressive, ET-resistant HER2-enriched subtype6 Data supports rationale for HARMONIA, the first prospective, head-to-head Phase III trial seeking to identify the best therapeutic option between Kisqali and Ibrance®* for patients with the HER2-enriched subtype Kisqali remains the only CDK4/6i with consistent OS benefit across the entire MONALEESA program, regardless of site and number of metastases, prior treatment, endocrine partner, line of therapy or menopausal status1-5,7-8 Basel, December 8, 2021 — Novartis today announced new K