Mandalay Resources Corporation Announces Production and Sales Results for the Second Quarter of 2022
TORONTO, July 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX: MND, OTCQB: MNDJF) announced today its production and sales results for the second quarter of 2022.
Second Quarter Production Highlights:
- Consolidated saleable gold equivalent production and sales of 23,305 and 26,781 ounces respectively; and
- Costerfield achieves an average processing gold equivalent head grade¹ of 17.1 g/t, resulting in 14,989 gold equivalent ounces produced.
Dominic Duffy, President and CEO of Mandalay, commented:
“The Company’s second quarter production was below expectations as we mined areas that expanded the footprint and were beyond the planned development areas at both mines. Despite production being lower than our previous quarters, we expect to see improvements at both sites as we mine back into more centralized higher-grade areas during the second half of the year.
“Costerfield produced 14,989 saleable gold equivalent ounces in the second quarter – lower than in Q1 2022. Two major factors contributed to this. First, we were mining within the lower-level extremities of the Youle orebody, which continued out further than expected, but at lower grades than the central parts of Youle. Even though this material was at a lower grade than previously mined, it was still profitable and development continued so as to not sterilize the ore.
“Secondly, the site experienced an extremely high number of sick leaves during the quarter as COVID protocols prevented any persons with flu-like symptoms from entering the site. This affected our underground production rates, forcing the operation to process more lower grade stockpile than planned. That said, overall, we achieved another very profitable quarter with an average processing gold equivalent head grade of 17.1 g/t. This continued strength allowed Costerfield to produce 32,236 saleable gold equivalent ounces during the first half of the year, approximately 6% higher as compared to the six-month period ending in June 2021.
“Björkdal produced 8,316 saleable gold ounces during this quarter, which was less than planned due to lower throughput levels and feed grades at the processing plant. Processed grades declined relative to the previous quarter as we mined areas of lower grade in the mine plan and several key stopes underperformed in grade relative to the block model. Reconciliation work is underway to understand this underperformance. For the third quarter, mining activities will focus on production areas of high confidence. Grades were also impacted by pushing development drives in several areas past the planned stope limits as profitable grades continued, which ultimately delayed production in these areas. Processing tonnes were also lower than the first quarter as the deeper Aurora material, which was brought into production in the second quarter, was harder than historically processed resulting in a lower mill throughput. We are considering options for lifting the processing rates; including converting the mills to grade discharge mills allowing for higher milling rates.
“As always, we are committed to delivering strong performance and remain confident that we will achieve our 2022 operational and financial guidance. We expect grades to improve over the remainder of 2022 at both sites and look forward to demonstrating the sustainability and growth potential of our operations.”
Saleable Production for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2022:
- In the second quarter of 2022, the Company produced a total of 19,395 ounces of gold and 523 tonnes of antimony representing a total of 23,305 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 22,707 ounces of gold, 858 tonnes of antimony and 87,062 ounces of silver in the second quarter of 2021, representing a total of 28,843 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 8,316 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2022 as compared to 10,941 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2021.
- Production at Costerfield was 11,079 ounces of gold and 523 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2022 versus 9,959 ounces gold and 858 tonnes antimony in the second quarter of 2021.
Saleable Production for the Six Months Ended June 30, 2022:
- The Company produced a total of 43,976 ounces gold and 1,206 tonnes antimony, representing a total of 52,936 ounces of gold equivalent production, versus 46,368 ounces gold, 1,690 tonnes of antimony and 130,761 ounces of silver in the corresponding six months of 2021, representing a total of 57,519 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 20,700 ounces gold.
- Production at Costerfield was 23,276 ounces gold and 1,206 tonnes antimony.
Table 1 – Second Quarter and Six Months Saleable Production for 2022 and 2021
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||-||87,062||-||130,761|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)(1)|
- Quarterly gold equivalent ounces (“Gold Eq. (oz)”) produced is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of gold (“Au”), silver (“Ag”) and antimony (“Sb”) in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au in the period. Average Au and Ag prices in the periods are calculated as the average of the daily LME PM fixes in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day; average Sb price in the period is calculated as the average of the daily average of the high and low Rotterdam warehouse prices for all days in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken from the last business day. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com.
Sales for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2022:
- In the second quarter of 2022, the Company sold a total of 21,189 ounces of gold and 748 tonnes of antimony, representing a total of 26,781 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 23,147 ounces of gold, 644 tonnes of antimony and 90,024 ounces of silver in the second quarter of 2021, representing a total of 28,115 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 8,976 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2022 versus 12,132 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2021.
- Costerfield sold 12,213 ounces of gold and 748 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2022 versus 9,287 ounces of gold and 644 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2021.
Sales for the Six Months Ended June 30, 2022:
- The Company sold 45,572 ounces gold and 1,275 tonnes antimony, representing a total of 55,061 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 47,747 ounces gold, 1,616 tonnes antimony and 90,024 ounces of silver in the first six months of 2021, representing a total of 57,828 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 21,110 ounces gold.
- Costerfield sold 24,462 ounces gold and 1,275 tonnes antimony.
Table 2 – Second Quarter and Six Months Sales for 2022 and 2021
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||-||90,024||-||90,024|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)1|
- Quarterly Gold Eq. (oz) sold is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of Au, Ag and Sb in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au for the period. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day.
For Further Information:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Director, Business Valuations and Investor Relations
647.260.1566 ext. 1
About Mandalay Resources Corporation:
Mandalay Resources is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia (Costerfield gold-antimony mine) and Sweden (Björkdal gold mine). The Company is focused on growing its production and reducing costs to generate significant positive cashflow. Mandalay is committed to operating safely and in an environmentally responsible manner, while developing a high level of community and employee engagement.
Mandalay’s mission is to create shareholder value through the profitable operation and continuing the regional exploration program, at both its Costerfield and Björkdal mines. Currently, the Company’s main objectives are to continue mining the high-grade Youle vein at Costerfield, bring online the deeper Shepherd veins, both of which will continue to supply high-grade ore to the processing plant, and to extend Youle Mineral Reserves. At Björkdal, the Company will aim to increase production from the Aurora zone and other higher-grade areas in the coming years, in order to maximize profit margins from the mine.
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including statements regarding the Company’s expected production of gold and antimony and costs for the 2022 fiscal year. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements depending on, among other things, changes in commodity prices and general market and economic conditions. The factors identified above are not intended to represent a complete list of the factors that could affect Mandalay. A description of additional risks that could result in actual results and developments differing from those contemplated by forward-looking statements in this news release can be found under the heading “Risk Factors” in Mandalay’s annual information form dated March 31, 2022, a copy of which is available under Mandalay’s profile at www.sedar.com. In addition, there can be no assurance that any inferred resources that are discovered as a result of additional drilling will ever be upgraded to proven or probable reserves. Although Mandalay has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
¹ Quarterly gold equivalent head grade is calculated by dividing the gold equivalent metal entering the processing plant by the plant tonnage throughput for the month. The “gold equivalent head metal content” is calculated by multiplying the contained antimony tonnes entering the processing plant for the quarter, by the antimony market value then dividing by the market value of an ounce of gold then adding the contained ounces of gold entering the processing plant for the quarter.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
ObsEva Files Second Quarter 2022 Financial Statements17.8.2022 22:01:00 CEST | Press release
Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 LR of the SIX Swiss Exchange Geneva, Switzerland and Boston, MA – August 17, 2022 – ObsEva SA (NASDAQ: OBSV / SIX: OBSN), a biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing novel therapies to improve women’s reproductive health, today published its Second Quarter 2022 Financial Statements. The Second Quarter 2022 Financial Statements may be found on the financial section of the Company’s website, here or directly via the link here. About ObsEva ObsEva is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies to improve women’s reproductive health and pregnancy. Through strategic in-licensing and disciplined drug development, ObsEva has established a clinical pipeline with development programs focused on new therapies for the treatment of preterm labor and improving clinical pregnancy and live birth rates in women undergoing in vitro fertilization. ObsEva is listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market and is traded under the ticker symbol “O
GOGL - Invitation to presentation of Q2 2022 Results17.8.2022 19:30:59 CEST | Press release
Golden Ocean Group Limited (the “Company) will publish its financial results for the second quarter of 2022 on Thursday August 25, 2022. In connection with the release, a conference call and webcast will be held as described below: Conference call and webcast A conference call will be held at 4:00 P.M. CET (10:00 A.M. New York Time) on Thursday August 25, 2022. The presentation will be available for download from the Investor Relations section at www.goldenocean.bm (under "Presentations") prior to the conference call/webcast. In order to listen to the presentation you may do one of the following: a. Webcast Visit the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at www.goldenocean.bm and click on the link to “Financial Calendar and Webcast”, or access directly via the webcast link below. GOGL Q2 2022 Webcast b. Conference Call Participants will need to register online prior to the conference call via the link below. Dial-in details will be available when registered. GOGL Q2 2022
Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares17.8.2022 18:30:00 CEST | Press release
Nokia Corporation Stock Exchange Release 17 August 2022 at 19:30 EEST Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares Espoo, Finland – A total of 189 403 Nokia shares (NOKIA) held by the company were today transferred without consideration to participants of Nokia's equity-based incentive plan in accordance with the rules of the plan. The transfer is based on the resolution of the Board of Directors to issue shares held by the company to settle its commitments to participants of the plan as announced on 3 February 2022. The number of own shares held by Nokia Corporation following the transfer is 79 311 737. About Nokia At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together. As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, w
Spryker Recognized as a Visionary in 2022 Magic Quadrant™ For Digital Commerce17.8.2022 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
BERLIN and NEW YORK, Aug. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spryker, a leading digital commerce platform for Sophisticated Commerce use cases in B2B, Enterprise Marketplaces, IoT and Unified Commerce, has been recognized by Gartner® as a Visionary in the 2022 Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce. It is Spryker's third consecutive inclusion in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce. “At Spryker, our goal is to enable digital innovation and differentiation with our composable platform designed specifically for sophisticated transactional business models. We believe being recognized for the second time as a Visionary validates our continued dedication to empowering companies to grow, innovate, and differentiate,” said Boris Lokschin, Co-Founder and CEO at Spryker. “This year we launched our App Composition Platform as the latest stage in our commitment to delivering true composability. This first of its kind platform is why we feel Spryker continues to be recognized in the market. W
Nextensa NV/SA : Half-Year Financial Report 202217.8.2022 17:40:00 CEST | Press release
HALF-YEAR FINANCIAL REPORT 2022 Regulated information Brussels, 17 August 2022 5:40 PM CEST For the first half-year of the financial year 2022 we record the following key data: • The rental income increased by € 3.0 million compared to June last year and now amounts to € 33.2 million • The financial debt ratio has decreased from 48.56% at the end of 2021 to 46.31% on 30 June 2022, in line with the predefined plan • The occupancy rate increased and is now 90.30% compared to 89.09% at the end of 2021 • The extension of the Shopping center Knauf Schmiede welcomes its first shops • The Park Lane phase II project at Tour & Taxis has been launched with a successful reservation of 50% of the apartments of the first section • The construction works on The Emerald office building (7,000 m2) started on Cloche d’Or, a new urban district in the southern outskirts of Luxembourg City Attachment SEMI-AR_2022_ENG_final