Mandalay Resources Corporation Announces Production and Sales Results for the Second Quarter of 2021 and Change to Senior Management
TORONTO, July 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX: MND, OTCQB: MNDJF) announced today its production and sales results for the second quarter of 2021.
Second Quarter 2021 Production Highlights:
- Solid quarterly production at each site, with further production improvements expected in the coming quarters;
- Consolidated saleable gold equivalent production of 28,843 ounces – fourth consecutive quarter of increased production; and
- Consolidated 28,115 ounces of gold equivalent sold – second highest quarterly amount in three years (since Q2 2018).
Dominic Duffy, President and CEO of Mandalay, commented:
“Mandalay Resources continued to deliver strong reliable results with a consolidated 28,843 saleable production ounces of gold equivalent during the second quarter – the Company’s highest result since Q4 2017 – and marked a fourth consecutive quarter of increased production. The 57,519 ounces of gold equivalent produced through June puts the Company firmly on track to meet our 105,000 – 117,000 production guidance for 2021, with further increases expected in the coming quarters.”
Mr. Duffy continued, “Costerfield achieved another solid quarter with grades and production performance tracking well within guidance, with the site producing 14,818 ounces of saleable gold equivalent. We are targeting higher levels of gold production from Costerfield in both the third and fourth quarters of the year as stope tonnage ramps up in Youle, which on average is higher grade than development ore.”
Mr. Duffy added, “At Björkdal, Q2 2021 production of 10,941 saleable gold ounces was in line with the previous quarter. The processing plant had to manage through several weeks of differing ore blends, which unfortunately resulted in lower recoveries. These small batches of ore mix have been minimized and we expect more stable results coming out of the mill going forward. The site continues to develop to the extremities of the Aurora zone and is currently advancing development along lower levels where the average grade is higher. We anticipate stope production in the deeper levels will begin in the second half of the year, which will lift the overall gold production from Björkdal.
Cerro Bayo produced 3,084 ounces of saleable gold equivalent from the processing of the low-grade waste dumps in the quarter which helped boost the consolidated production.”
Mr. Duffy concluded, “We are also announcing that Belinda Labatte has resigned from her position as Chief Development Officer at Mandalay Resources. Belinda has agreed to remain on in a consultancy capacity for a 12-month period in order to help the Company as required to complete the closure efforts at Lupin and outstanding corporate development activities. We thank Belinda for her tireless contributions and wish her all the best for her future endeavors.”
Saleable Production for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2021:
- In the second quarter of 2021, the Company produced a total of 22,707 ounces of gold, 858 tonnes of antimony and 87,062 ounces of silver representing a total of 28,843 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 21,603 ounces of gold and 946 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2020, representing a total of 24,752 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 10,941 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2021 as compared to 11,250 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2020.
- Production at Costerfield was 9,959 ounces of gold and 858 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2021 versus 10,353 ounces gold and 946 tonnes antimony in the second quarter of 2020.
- Production at Cerro Bayo was 1,807 ounces of gold and 87,062 ounces of silver in the second quarter of 2021 versus no production in the second quarter of 2020.
Saleable Production for the Six Months Ended June 30, 2021:
- The Company produced a total of 46,368 ounces gold, 1,690 tonnes antimony and 130,761 ounces of silver, representing a total of 57,519 ounces of gold equivalent production, versus 42,973 ounces gold and 2,054 tonnes of antimony in the corresponding six months of 2020, representing a total of 50,429 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 22,796 ounces gold.
- Production at Costerfield was 21,041 ounces gold and 1,690 tonnes antimony.
- Production at Cerro Bayo was 2,531 ounces of gold and 130,761 ounces of silver.
Table 1 – Second Quarter and Six Months Saleable Production for 2021 and 2020
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Six months ended|
|Six months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||87,062||-||130,761||-|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)(1)|
- Quarterly gold equivalent ounces (“Au Eq. oz”) produced is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of gold (“Au”), silver (“Ag”) and antimony (“Sb”) in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au in the period. Average Au and Ag prices in the periods are calculated as the average of the daily LME PM fixes in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day; average Sb price in the period is calculated as the average of the daily average of the high and low Rotterdam warehouse prices for all days in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken from the last business day. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com.
Sales for the Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2021:
- In the second quarter of 2021, the Company sold a total of 23,147 ounces of gold, 644 tonnes of antimony and 90,024 ounces of silver, representing a total of 28,115 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 21,811 ounces of gold and 933 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2020, representing a total of 24,916 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 12,132 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2021 versus 11,290 ounces of gold in the second quarter of 2020.
- Costerfield sold 9,287 ounces of gold and 644 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2021 versus 10,521 ounces of gold and 933 tonnes of antimony in the second quarter of 2020.
- Cerro Bayo sold 1,728 ounces of gold and 90,024 ounces of silver in the second quarter of 2021 versus no sales in the second quarter of 2020.
Sales for the Six Months Ended June 30, 2021:
- The Company sold 47,747 ounces gold, 1,616 tonnes antimony and 90,024 ounces of silver, representing a total of 57,828 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 42,743 ounces gold and 1,793 tonnes antimony in the first six months of 2020, representing a total of 49,192 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 24,208 ounces gold.
- Costerfield sold 21,811 ounces gold and 1,616 tonnes antimony.
- Cerro Bayo sold 1,728 ounces gold and 90,024 ounces silver in the first six months of 2021 versus no sales in the similar period in 2020.
Table 2 – Second Quarter and Six Months Sales for 2021 and 2020
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Six months ended|
|Six months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||90,024||-||90,024||-|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)1|
- Quarterly Au Eq. oz sold is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of Au, and Sb in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au for the period. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day.
For Further Information:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Analytics and Investor Relations
About Mandalay Resources Corporation:
Mandalay Resources is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia (Costerfield gold-antimony mine) and Sweden (Björkdal gold mine), with projects in Chile and Canada under care and maintenance, closure or development status. The Company is focused on growing its production profile and reducing costs to generate significant positive cashflow.
Mandalay’s mission is to create shareholder value through the profitable operation of both its Costerfield and Björkdal mines. Currently, the Company’s main objective is to continue mining the high-grade Youle vein at Costerfield, which continues to supply high-grade ore, and also focus on extending Youle’s Mineral Reserves at depth. At Björkdal, the Company will aim to increase production from the Aurora zone in the coming years, in order to maximize profit margins from the mine.
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including statements regarding the Company’s production of gold, antimony and silver for the 2021 fiscal year. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements depending on, among other things, changes in commodity prices and general market and economic conditions. The factors identified above are not intended to represent a complete list of the factors that could affect Mandalay. A description of additional risks that could result in actual results and developments differing from those contemplated by forward-looking statements in this news release can be found under the heading “Risk Factors” in Mandalay’s annual information form dated March 30, 2021, a copy of which is available under Mandalay’s profile at www.sedar.com. In addition, there can be no assurance that any inferred resources that are discovered as a result of additional drilling will ever be upgraded to proven or probable reserves. Although Mandalay has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Nikkiso Cryogenic Services Recommissioned Air Separation Plant in India for Critical Oxygen Supply28.7.2021 02:30:00 CEST | Press release
TEMECULA, Calif., July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nikkiso Cryogenic Industries’ Clean Energy & Industrial Gases Group (Group), a subsidiary of Nikkiso Co., Ltd (Japan), is proud to announce they have completed the recommissioning of an Air Separation plant in Patancheru, Hyderabad India. This project was done in coordination with the Telangana government (TEL), and Greenko Foundation (GKO). Due to the ongoing pandemic crisis in India, the Indian government initiated a directive to restart the operation and LOX production to meet the urgent demands for medical oxygen. GKO has taken the old shut-down Oxygen plant on rental basis from Air Water India Private Limited (AWI) for period of (2) two years. In May 2021, the Group partnered along with GKO in recommissioning of the plant. Nikkiso Cryogenic Services provided critical technical support and spare parts, including nozzle actuators and vibration components, and Nikkiso Cosmodyne India Pvt. Ltd. provided field service support. Critica
Invitation to DNO Q2 2021 Earnings Call28.7.2021 00:31:28 CEST | Press release
Oslo, 28 July 2021 – DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, will publish its Q2 2021 operating and interim financial results on 29 July 2021 at 07:00 (CEST). A videoconference call with executive management will follow at 15:00 (CEST). Please visit www.dno.no for login details. – For further information, please contact: Media: email@example.com Investors: firstname.lastname@example.org – DNO ASA is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East and the North Sea. Founded in 1971 and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, the Company holds stakes in onshore and offshore licenses at various stages of exploration, development and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Norway, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Ireland and Yemen. – This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.
Synchronoss Names Christina Gabrys Chief Legal Officer27.7.2021 22:05:00 CEST | Press release
BRIDGEWATER, N.J., July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNCR), a global leader and innovator of cloud, messaging and digital products and platforms, today announced the appointment of Christina “Chrissy” Gabrys as Chief Legal Officer. Gabrys succeeds Ronald Prague who is stepping down after 15 years with the company to pursue other interests. In her new role, Gabrys will oversee all legal affairs for the company. “Ron has played a significant role in shaping the Synchronoss that we are today. His leadership in negotiating and closing customer agreements, completing acquisitions and the company’s other financial endeavors – including his contribution to the successful recent recapitalization of the company – has been invaluable and he will be greatly missed,” said Jeff Miller, President and CEO of Synchronoss. “I would like to thank Ron for all he’s contributed to the business. We will always consider him part of the Synchronoss family and wish him w
SBM Offshore signs FPSO Almirante Tamandaré contracts27.7.2021 18:37:16 CEST | Press release
July 27, 2021 SBM Offshore is pleased to announce it has signed contracts with Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) for the 26.25 years lease and operation of FPSO Almirante Tamandaré. These contracts follow the signing of the binding Letter of Intent as announced on February 25, 2021. FPSO Almirante Tamandaré will be deployed at the Búzios field in the Santos Basin approximately 180 kilometers offshore Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. SBM Offshore is progressing with the design and construction using its industry leading Fast4Ward® program. Delivery of the FPSO is expected in the second half of 2024. CorporateProfile The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry over the full lifecycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems, with multiple units currently in operation. As of December 31, 2020, the Company employs approximately 4,570 people worl
Exel Industries :Third quarter 2020-2021 revenue : A sustained growth rate of 18.4%, in line with our expectations.27.7.2021 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
PRESS RELEASE July 27, 2021 Third quarter 2020-2021 revenue A sustained growth rate of 18.4%, in line with our expectations. Q3 revenue in €m2019 ‐ 20202020 - 2021Change in valueChange in %ReportedReportedReported* like‐for‐likeReported* like‐for‐likeAgricultural Spraying99.6113.814.216.414.3%16.4%Sugar Beet Harvesters2220.127.116.119.3%39.9%Garden Watering and Spraying50.149.8-0.3-0.8-0.6%-1.6%Industrial Spraying38.85516.217.941.9%46.2%EXEL Industries Group210.4249.238.842.218.4%20.1% *like‐for‐like = at constant foreign exchange rates and scope 9-month revenue in €m2019 - 20202020 - 2021Change in valueChange in %ReportedReportedReported* like‐for‐likeReported* like‐for‐likeAgricultural Spraying255.729236.342.114.2%16.5%Sugar Beet Harvesters53.863.81010.918.7%20.2%Garden Watering and Spraying89.3109.420.120.322.4%22.7%Industrial Spraying125.8169.243.43834.5%30.2%EXEL Industries Group524.7634.4109.8111.320.9%21.2% *like‐for‐like = at constant foreign exchange rates and scope Third quarte
Leasinvest Real Estate SA: Publication of a transparency notification27.7.2021 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
PUBLICATION OF A TRANSPARENCY NOTIFICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF 02/05/2007 ON THE DISCLOSURE OF IMPORTANT PARTICIPATIONS A notification of 27 July 2021 issued by AXA, shows a passive threshold overrun, following the introduction of the double voting rights and a capital increase by contribution in kind from a/o Extensa Group, as approved at the extraordinary general meeting of Leasinvest Real Estate on 19 July 2021. The total number of voting rights of AXA in Leasinvest Real Estate has decreased to 13.44% of the voting rights in Leasinvest Real Estate NV (hereinafter the "Company”). The notification comprises the following information: REASON FOR THE NOTIFICATION: Passive threshold overrun NOTIFICATION: by the parent company or controlling person. PERSON(S) SUBJECT TO THE NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT Name and legal formAddress AXA SA 25, Avenue Matignon, 75008 Paris, France TRANSACTION DATE: 19 July 2021 THRESHOLD DROPPED BELOW: 15% DENOMINATOR: 11,804,919 DETAILS OF THE NOTIFICAT
ASM INTERNATIONAL N.V. REPORTS SECOND QUARTER 2021 RESULTS27.7.2021 18:00:00 CEST | Press release
Almere, The Netherlands July 27, 2021, 6 p.m. CET Continued robust market demand fuels strong quarterly performance ASM International N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) today reports its second quarter 2021 operating results (unaudited) in accordance with IFRS. FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS EUR million Q2 2020 Q1 2021 Q2 2021 New orders 298.0 410.6 515.7 Revenue 341.8 394.0 411.7 Gross profit margin % 48.3 49.5 48.1 Operating result 87.6 124.5 118.4 Operating result margin % 25.6 31.6 28.7 Result from investments (excluding amortization intangible assets resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013) 10.7 13.9 19.3 Amortization intangible assets (resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013) (3.3) (3.0) (3.0) Net earnings 74.1 122.5 108.4 Normalized net earnings (excluding amortization intangible assets resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013 and result from sale of ASMPT shares) 77.4 125.5 111.4 New orders of €516 million for the second quarter 2021 increased by 73% compared to the same