Mandalay Resources Corporation Announces Production and Sales Results for the First Quarter of 2022
TORONTO, April 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX: MND, OTCQB: MNDJF) announced today its production and sales results for the first quarter of 2022.
First Quarter Production Highlights:
- Consolidated saleable gold equivalent production and sales of 29,631 and 28,280 ounces respectively;
- 12,384 ounces of saleable gold production at Björkdal, highest quarterly production result since Q2 2019; and
- 12,134 ounces of gold sold at Björkdal, highest quarterly sales result since Q3 2019.
Dominic Duffy, President and CEO of Mandalay, commented:
“Mandalay’s solid start to the year puts us on course to achieve our 2022 production guidance. The continued excellent operational results demonstrate the sustainability and incremental growth at both sites with a consolidated saleable production of 29,631 ounces of gold equivalent in Q1 2022, which is higher as compared to the same period last year.
“At Björkdal, the 12,384 saleable gold ounces of production during the first quarter was our highest quarterly production result since Q2 2019. Site production was at planned levels and we expect it to continue to grow throughout the year as we focus on higher grade production areas in the mine and continue to implement dilution reduction measures.
“Costerfield achieved another solid quarter, producing 17,247 ounces of saleable gold equivalent, 12% growth compared to Q1 2021, this is mainly due to near-record gold grades of 13.5 g/t during the current quarter. Metal produced in Q1 2022 decreased slightly compared to Q4 2021, as lower than average tonnes were processed due to issues encountered with the commissioning of the new crusher at the processing facility. Only 32,206 tonnes were processed in Q1 2022, against an average of 36,370 tonnes per quarter in 2021. The new crusher is now functioning optimally, and we expect processed tonnes to remain at budgeted rates for the remainder of the year. Towards the end of the quarter, shipping delays were encountered due to COVID-19 related issues at the Shanghai port where our product travels through – we expect these delays to be temporary.
“This strong start to the year solidifies the stable operational base we have established over the past couple of years. We are looking forward to further growth and establishing a long-standing sustainable track record of performance.”
Saleable Production for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2022:
- In the first quarter of 2022, the Company produced a total of 24,581 ounces of gold and 683 tonnes of antimony representing a total of 29,631 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 23,661 ounces of gold and 832 tonnes of antimony in the first quarter of 2021, representing a total of 28,676 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Production at Björkdal was 12,384 ounces of gold in the first quarter of 2022 as compared to 11,855 ounces of gold in the first quarter of 2021.
- Production at Costerfield was 12,197 ounces of gold and 683 tonnes of antimony in the first quarter of 2022 versus 11,082 ounces gold and 832 tonnes antimony in the first quarter of 2021.
Table 1 – Production for First Quarter 2022 and 2021 and Fourth Quarter of 2021
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||-||43,699||50,556|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)(1)|
- Quarterly gold equivalent ounces (“Au Eq. oz”) produced is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of gold (“Au”), silver (“Ag”) and antimony (“Sb”) in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au in the period. Average Au and Ag prices in the periods are calculated as the average of the daily LME PM fixes in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day; average Sb price in the period is calculated as the average of the daily average of the high and low Rotterdam warehouse prices for all days in the period, with price on weekend days and holidays taken from the last business day. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com.
Sales for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2022:
- In the first quarter of 2022, the Company sold a total of 24,383 ounces of gold and 527 tonnes of antimony, representing a total of 28,280 ounces of gold equivalent, versus 24,600 ounces of gold and 972 tonnes of antimony in the first quarter of 2021, representing a total of 29,713 ounces of gold equivalent.
- Björkdal sold 12,134 ounces of gold in the first quarter of 2022 versus 12,076 ounces of gold in the first quarter of 2021.
- Costerfield sold 12,249 ounces of gold and 527 tonnes of antimony in the first quarter of 2022 versus 12,524 ounces of gold and 972 tonnes of antimony in the first quarter of 2021.
Table 2 – Sales for First Quarter 2022 and 2021 and Fourth Quarter of 2021
|Metal||Source||Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Three months ended|
|Silver (oz)||Cerro Bayo||-||-||39,614|
|Average quarterly prices:|
|Total Gold Eq. (oz)1|
- Quarterly Au Eq. oz sold is calculated by multiplying the saleable quantities of Au, Ag and Sb in the period by the respective average market prices of the commodities in the period, adding the amounts to get a “total contained value based on market price”, and then dividing that total contained value by the average market price of Au for the period. The source for Au and Ag prices is www.transamine.com, and Sb price is www.metalbulletin.com, with price on weekend days and holidays taken of the last business day.
For Further Information:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Director, Business Valuations and Investor Relations
About Mandalay Resources Corporation:
Mandalay is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia (Costerfield gold-antimony mine) and Sweden (Björkdal gold mine). The Company is focused on growing its production and reducing costs to generate significant positive cashflow. Mandalay is committed to operating safely and in an environmentally responsible manner, while developing a high level of community and employee engagement.
Mandalay’s mission is to create shareholder value through the profitable operation and continuing the regional exploration program, at both its Costerfield and Björkdal mines. Currently, the Company’s main objectives are to continue mining the high-grade Youle vein at Costerfield, bring online the deeper Shepherd veins, both of which will continue to supply high-grade ore to the processing plant, and to extend Youle Mineral Reserves. At Björkdal, the Company will aim to increase production from the Aurora zone and other higher-grade areas in the coming years, in order to maximize profit margins from the mine.
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including statements regarding the Company’s expected production of gold and antimony and costs for the 2022 fiscal year. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements depending on, among other things, changes in commodity prices and general market and economic conditions. The factors identified above are not intended to represent a complete list of the factors that could affect Mandalay. A description of additional risks that could result in actual results and developments differing from those contemplated by forward-looking statements in this news release can be found under the heading “Risk Factors” in Mandalay’s annual information form dated March 31, 2022, a copy of which is available under Mandalay’s profile at www.sedar.com. In addition, there can be no assurance that any inferred resources that are discovered as a result of additional drilling will ever be upgraded to proven or probable reserves. Although Mandalay has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Ted Elvhage, Board member in Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), has sold shares due to private financial commitments19.5.2022 14:14:57 CEST | Press release
Ted Elvhage, Board member in Fingerprint Cards AB, has sold 975,000 shares in Fingerprints. “The reason for my sale of shares is private financial commitments. I have an unchanged strong belief in the company's future and plan to invest in Fingerprints again as soon as it is possible for me to do so,” comments Ted Elvhage. Link to PDMR transactions register. For further information, please contact: Investor Relations: +46(0)10-172 00 10, firstname.lastname@example.org Press: +46(0)10-172 00 20, email@example.com About Fingerprints Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints) – the world’s leading biometrics company, with its roots in Sweden. We believe in a secure and seamless universe, where you are the key to everything. Our solutions are found in hundreds of millions of devices and applications, and are used billions of times every day, providing safe and convenient identification and authentication with a human touch. For more information visit our website, read our blog, and follow us on
GOGL – Q1 2022 Presentation19.5.2022 13:59:16 CEST | Press release
Please find enclosed the presentation of Golden Ocean Group Limited’s first quarter 2022 results for today’s webcast / conference call at 15:00 CET. Attend by Webcast: Use to the follow link prior to the webcast: https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/zgb9bp5w Attend by Conference Call: Applicable dial-in telephone numbers are as follows: International Dial-In: +44 (0) 2071 92 8338 United Kingdom Toll Free: 08002796619 Norway Toll Free: 800 56 865 US Toll-Free: +1 877 870 9135 The presentation material which will be used in the teleconference/webcast can be downloaded on www.goldenocean.bm and replay details will also be available at this website. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act Attachment Golden Ocean Q1 2022 - Presentation
Vow ASA: Minutes of Annual General Meeting19.5.2022 12:40:04 CEST | Press release
The annual general meeting of Vow ASA was held today on 19 May 2022 at the company's premises at Lysaker Torg 12, 1366 Lysaker, Norway. All matters on the agenda were approved, cf. the notice of the Annual General Meeting that was published on 28 April 2022. The complete minutes are attached to this release. For further information, please contact: Erik Magelssen, CFO, Vow ASA Tel: +47 928 88 728 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org About Vow Vow and its subsidiaries Scanship, C.H. Evensen and Etia are passionate about preventing pollution. The company’s world leading solutions convert biomass and waste into valuable resources and generate clean energy for a wide range of industries. Cruise ships on every ocean have Vow technology inside which processes waste and purifies wastewater. Fish farmers are adopting similar solutions, and public utilities and industries use our solutions for sludge processing, waste management and biogas production on land. With advanced technologies and solution
Bavarian Nordic modtager vaccineordre fra europæisk land efter bekræftede tilfælde af abekopper19.5.2022 11:46:42 CEST | pressemeddelelse
KØBENHAVN, Danmark, 19. maj 2022 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA) meddelte i dag, at selskabet har indgået en kontrakt med et unavngivet europæisk land vedrørende levering af koppevaccinen IMVANEX® i forbindelse med nye tilfælde af abekopper, der er identificeret i løbet af maj 2022. Det første europæiske tilfælde blev bekræftet den 7. maj 2022 hos en person, der vendte hjem fra en rejse til Nigeria, hvor abekopper er naturligt forekommende. Efterfølgende er der bekræftet mere end 20 tilfælde i England, Portugal og Spanien, og flere formodede tilfælde er ved at blive undersøgt. De fleste infektioner lader til at være sket lokalt i de tre lande. I USA er der bekræftet et enkelt tilfælde hos en rejsende fra Canada, hvor der endnu ikke foreligger bekræftede tilfælde, men adskillige formodede tilfælde er ved at blive undersøgt. Bavarian Nordics koppevaccine er godkendt i USA under navnet JYNNEOS® og i Canada under navnet IMVAMUNE®. I begge lande er godkendelsen udvidet til at omfatte abek
Bavarian Nordic Secures Vaccine Order from European Country After Confirmed Monkeypox Cases19.5.2022 11:46:42 CEST | Press release
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, May 19, 2022 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA) announced today that the Company has secured a contract with an undisclosed European country to supply its IMVANEX® smallpox vaccine in response to new cases of monkeypox evolving during May 2022. The first European case was confirmed on May 7, 2022, in an individual who returned from a travel to Nigeria, where monkeypox is endemic. Subsequently, more than 20 cases have been confirmed across England, Portugal and Spain with additional suspected cases currently being investigated. Evidence points to that most of the infections have been acquired locally in these countries. In the US, a single case has been confirmed in a traveler from Canada, where no cases are yet confirmed, but several remain under investigation. Bavarian Nordic’s smallpox vaccine is approved in the U.S. as JYNNEOS® and in Canada as IMVAMUNE®, both places with the approval extended to cover the monkeypox indication. The vaccine is approved in Europe a