Maha Energy AB Announces Filing of Fourth Quarter 2022 Report & Live Webcast
Maha Energy AB (publ) (“Maha” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce its fourthquarter results. The report is attached to this press release and available on the Company’s website atwww.mahaenergy.ca.
(all amounts are in US dollars unless otherwise noted)
Fourth Quarter 2022
- The Company announced the signing of a binding term sheet envisioning a business combination with DBO 2.0 and expecting to close after obtaining the approval on Maha’s EGM on 29 March 2023.
- The Company announced the sale of its Brazilian subsidiary for a total consideration of USD 186.9 million, with a purchase price of USD 138 million plus USD 9.3 million in net working capital adjustment, USD 3.7 million net cash adjustment, and USD 36.1 million to be paid upon successful achievement of earnout milestones.
- The Company successfully completed a directed new share issue of 23.9 million shares and raised proceeds of approximately USD 20.0 million to reinforce the balance sheet.
- Three new executive managers appointed, including new CEO, CFO and CLO.
- Daily oil & gas production for Q4 2022 averaged 2,621 BOEPD (Q4 2021: 3,098 BOEPD) of which continuing operations averaged 280 BOEPD (Q4 2021: 247 BOEPD) and discontinued operations averaged 2,341 BOEPD (Q4 2021: 2,851).
- Revenue of 17.3 million (Q4 2021: 17.8 million) of which 2.0 million (Q4 2021: 2.0 million) relates to the continuing operations and 15.3 million (Q4 2021: 15.8 million) relates to discontinued operations.
- Operating netback of 9.8 million (Q4 2021: 11.9 million) of which 1.0 million (Q4 2021: 1.1 million) relates to the continuing operations and 8.8 million (Q4 2021: 10.8 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- EBITDA of 8.8 million (Q4 2021: USD 15.6 million) of which -1.3 million (Q4 2021: -0.5 million) relates to the continuing operations and 10.1 million (Q4 2021: 16.1 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- Net result of 0.1 million (Q4 2021: USD 7.4 million) of which -3.6 million (Q4 2021: -3.8 million) relates to the continuing operations and 3.7 million (Q4 2021: 11.1 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- Basic and Diluted earnings per share of 0.00 (Q4 2021: 0.06) of which basic and diluted earnings per share for the continued operations is -0.03 (Q4 2021: -0.03) and basic and diluted earnings per share for the discontinued operations is 0.03 (Q4 2021: 0.09).
Full Year 2022
- Daily oil & gas production averaged 3,213 BOEPD in 2022 (2021: 3,387 BOEPD) of which continuing operations averaged 401 BOEPD (2021: 212 BOEPD) and discontinued operations averaged 2,812 BOEPD (2021: 3,175).
- Revenue in 2022 of 89.8 million (2021: 68.3 million) of which 12.3 million (2021: 5.7 million) relates to the continuing operations and 77.5 million (2021: 62.6 million) relates to discontinued operations.
- Operating netback in 2022 of 60.7 million (2021: 46.1 million) of which 6.5 million (2021: 2.9 million) relates to the continuing operations and 54.2 million (2021: 43.2 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- EBITDA in 2022 of 55.1 million (2021: 47.7 million) of which -0.4 million (2021: -2.2 million) relates to the continuing operations and 55.5 million (2021: 49.9 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- Net result for 2022 of 22.9 million (2021: 21.6 million) of which -12.5 million (2021: -13.3 million) relates to the continuing operations and 35.4 million (2021: 34.9 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
- Basic and Diluted Earnings per share in 2022 of 0.19 (2021: 0.19) of which basic and diluted earnings per share for the continued operations is -0.10 (2021: -0.12) and basic and diluted earnings per share for the discontinued operations is 0.29 (2021: 0.31).
- Cash and cash equivalents balance on 31 December 2022 of USD 23.2 million (2021: USD 25.5 million) of which 19.5 million (2021: 18.4 million) relates to the continuing operations and 3.7 million (2021: 7.2 million) relates to the discontinued operations.
The table below relate to continuing and discontinued operations combined:
|(TUSD, unless otherwise noted)||Q4|
|Net Daily Production (BOEPD)||2,621||2,389||3,292||4,580||3,098||3,213||3,387|
|Net result for the period||93||2,593||8,219||12,030||7,363||22,933||21,587|
|Earnings per share –|
Basic & Diluted (USD)
|Cash and cash equivalents||23,228||11,338||23,863||29,416||25,535||23,228||25,535|
The table below presents the highlights of the continuing operations:
|(TUSD, unless otherwise noted)||Q4|
|Net Daily Production (BOEPD)||280||247||401||212|
|Net result for the period||(3,579)||(3,774)||(12,529)||(13,339)|
|Earnings per share – Basic & Diluted (USD)||(0.03)||(0.03)||(0.10)||(0.12)|
|Cash and cash equivalents||19,520||18,370||19,520||18,370|
The table below presents the highlights of the discontinued operations:
|(TUSD, unless otherwise noted)||Q4|
|Net Daily Production (BOEPD)||2,341||2,851||2,812||3,175|
|Net result for the period||3,672||11,137||35,462||34,926|
|Earnings per share – Basic & Diluted (USD)||0.03||0.09||0.29||0.31|
|Cash and cash equivalents||3,708||7,165||3,708||7,165|
Letter to shareholders
Dear Friends and Fellow Shareholders of Maha Energy AB,
The fourth quarter of 2022 triggered a transformational moment for Maha with the incorporation as shareholder of the Investment Fund managed by Starboard, a Brazilian private equity firm, becoming the largest shareholder with 19.9% ownership. This significant change on Maha’s shareholder structure, board of directors and management, brought renewed leadership and sectorial expertise with successful track-record in the Latin American energy industry.
Among the changes that happened since last November, it is important to highlight the following events:
- Changes in the Board of Directors: Three new directors were indicated as Maha’s Board Members with an extensive general management and finance background in the energy industry, specifically in junior oil & gas companies (Fabio Vassel and I are both former founders and chairmen of 3R Petroleum, a USD 2.0 billion Brazilian oil & gas listed company);
- Changes in the Management: Three new executive managers joined Maha in the last quarter:
- I, Paulo Mendonça was also indicated as Chief Executive Officer, renewing Maha’s leadership;
- Bernardo Guterres was indicated as the new Chief Finance Officer of Maha, bringing all his knowledge and expertise from a 15-year career within top tier international banks and high ranked Brazilian private equity firms, with the mission of optimizing the Company’s current capital structure and to lead the exciting and important M&A strategy;
- Barbara Bittencourt was indicated as Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, a new executive position in the Company. The main objective was to bring technical and legal support within a sector that have lots of complex regulatory frameworks throughout different countries. Barbara has an extensive career as partner in top tier legal firms, with the past 10 years exclusively dedicated to the oil & gas market.
- In the beginning of December 2022, Maha and DBO 2.0 (“DBO”) signed a binding term sheet envisioning a business combination among the companies. DBO has 15% equity interest in 3R Offshore, which owns and operates two offshore clusters in Brazil - Papa Terra and Peroá. When closed, this deal shall bring an interesting value for Maha’s shareholders as it will be executed at an attractive entry multiple of 0.2x P/NAV (issuance of 36.8 million shares). Upon closing, this transaction will increase Maha’s net 2P reserves with ~18.5 million BOE and is estimated to add ~2,000 BOEPD net production in 2023 with further upside through ramp-up at Papa Terra, and Peroá fields, as well as the potential Malombe development (part of Peroá cluster). The transaction reinforces the construction of a diversified portfolio balanced between mature oil and gas onshore and offshore assets with a cash-flow oriented approach. The closing of this transaction is expected to happen after the approval on Maha’s EGM on 29 March 2023.
- During mid December 2022, Maha successfully raised approximately USD 19 million (net of fees) through a direct share issue, improving and enhancing its previous capital structure and bringing a new base of shareholders that have a long-term investment profile. This capital raise strengthened the Company’s investor base, attracting new institutional and international investors.
- During the last week of December 2022, Maha signed the sale of its Brazilian subsidiary Maha Brazil to Petroreconcavo, a Brazilian listed junior oil & gas company with current market cap of approximately USD 2.0 billion, for total acquisition consideration that can reach USD 186.9 million. Considering the proceeds of the sale of the Brazilian assets (including earn-outs) together with the cash at the end of Q4 2022 and the proceeds from the capital raise in mid-December, minus the outstanding bank debt, Maha’s cash position would be higher than its current market capitalization, giving the Company ability to pursue new opportunistic acquisitions.
The above mentioned events illustrates what the new management of Maha is pursuing for the upcoming years, which can be summarized as: (i) financial optimization, improving the Company’s capital structure and capital allocation; (ii) optimization of CAPEX and OPEX to capture superior returns out of the deployed capital; and (iii) search for opportunistic targets that can be acquired at attractive entry prices and with potential scalability within its production ramp-up.
During Q4 2022, the Brazilian production was fully recovered with the workover campaign successfully completed and all production wells back on stream, with improved artificial lift and tubing leaks repaired as required. The Tie-6 well commenced water injection into the Agua Grande formation to aid in pressure maintenance and oil recovery plans. In Tartaruga, the TTG-3 well was converted to a water disposal well for produced water which will eliminate the need to truck water from Sergipe to Bahia province for treating and will reduce operating costs significantly. Good progress was made in Oman with the conclusion of the assignment of Maha’s 35% work interest to Mafraq Energy. The Company is now looking forward to start testing these wells in the near-term and further appraising the Mafraq field. The Company will update the market of its developments in Oman as soon as possible. Finally, in the US our production was very stable in the Illinois Basin and averaged 280 BOPD over the quarter with minor maintenance workovers carried out to keep all wells producing.
From a financial standpoint, Q4 2022 was a transitional quarter for Maha. Total production was 2,621 BOEPD and for the full year was 3,213 BOEPD. Even though the production improved from the third quarter 2022, revenues and net results for the fourth quarter were lower due to decreasing realized oil price compared to the third quarter 2022 and high general and administrative costs relating to the transactions occurred during the quarter. For the full year 2022 revenue was USD 89.8 million compared to full year 2021 revenue of USD 68.3 million, representing a 31.5% increase. Operating netback for the current year was impacted by workover costs and inflation; however, Maha’s full year 2022 operating netback of USD 60.7 million was much higher than the full year 2021 operating netback of USD 46.1 million. Maha closed the quarter with gross debt of USD 46.1 million and a cash position of USD 23.2 million (including cash relating to the discontinued operations). Maha ended the year 2022 with EBITDA of USD 55.1 million compared to EBITDA of USD 47.8 million for 2021, an increase of 15.3% on a year over year basis.
Overall, with the above information and figures, which represent a challenging transition phase for Maha, the Company is now actively working in pursuing attractive opportunities to create value for its shareholders.
Paulo T. Arantes de Mendonça (CEO)
Q4Webcast tomorrow 1 March at 18:30CET
There will be a live webcast tomorrow, on 1 March at 18:30 CET (Sweden time) to present the quarterly results and provide an operational update. A link to the webcast is available on the Company’s website: www.mahaenergy.ca. Questions posted on the day of the presentation should be made directly in the YouTube Comments/Questions field. The webcast will be broadcast live on Nyhetsbyrån Direkts Youtube Channel and is hosted by the Company Laika and will feature representatives from Maha.
This information is such information as Maha Energy AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 19:45CET on February 28, 2023.
For more information, please contact:
Paulo Mendonça (CEO)
Tel: +46 8 611 05 11
Bernardo Guterres (CFO)
Tel: +46 8 611 05 11
Maha Energy AB (publ) is a listed, international upstream oil and gas company whose business activities include exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. The strategy is to target and develop underperforming hydrocarbon assets on global basis. Maha operates three oil assets: Block-70 (Oman), Powder River (LAK Ranch) and Illinois Basin in the United States. The shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (MAHA-A). The head office is in Stockholm, Sweden with a technical office in Calgary, Canada, as well as operations offices in Grayville, Illinois, USA and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. For more information, please visit our website www.mahaenergy.ca
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Biogen Provides Update on FDA Advisory Committee Meeting on Tofersen for SOD1-ALS23.3.2023 01:31:57 CET | Press release
SOD1-ALS is a rare genetic form of the disease affecting approximately 330 people in the United States CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biogen Inc. (Nasdaq: BIIB) announced today the outcome of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee meeting on tofersen, an investigational product for the treatment of superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). On the question, “Is the available evidence sufficient to conclude that a reduction in plasma neurofilament light chain (NfL) concentration in tofersen-treated patients is reasonably likely to predict clinical benefit of tofersen for treatment of patients with SOD1-ALS?” the Committee voted unanimously yes (9 yes to 0 no), for consideration of a potential accelerated approval. On the second question, “Does the clinical data from the placebo-controlled study and available long-term extension study results, with additional supporting res
GN Store Nord announces change to the Board of Directors22.3.2023 22:22:29 CET | Press release
Due to sudden serious health issues in the family, Montserrat Maresch Pascual has decided to step down from the Board of Directors of GN Store Nord A/S. The Chairmanship assesses that the remaining five members of the Board possess all the relevant competencies and experience to govern the company. Consequently, GN’s Board of Directors as of today consists of Jukka Pekka Pertola (Chair), Klaus Holse (Deputy chair), Anette Weber, Hélène Barnekow, Ronica Wang, and members elected by the employees: Leo Larsen, Cathrin Inge Hansen, and Claus Holmbeck-Madsen. For further information, please contact: Investor Relations Anne Sofie Staunsbæk Veyhe +45 45 75 85 06 Rune Sandager +45 45 75 92 57 Media Relations Steen Frentz Laursen +45 20 65 34 20 About GN GN facilitates communication between people through intelligent hearing, audio, video, and gaming technology. Inspired by people and driven by our passion for innovation, we leverage technologies to deliver unique user experiences that bring pe
ERYTECH Provides Business and Financial Update for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year 202222.3.2023 22:05:00 CET | Press release
ERYTECH Provides Business and Financial Update for the Fourth Quarterand Full Year 2022 Combination with Pherecydesannounced, intending to create a global leader in extended phage therapies targeting antimicrobial resistant pathogenic bacteria Deep restructuring implemented; team size reduced by approximately 75% since start of 2022Cash and cash equivalents of €38.8million ($41.5 million) at the end of December 2022 Cambridge, MA (U.S.) and Lyon (France),March 22, 2023– ERYTECH Pharma (Nasdaq & Euronext: ERYP),aclinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies by encapsulating therapeutic drug substances inside red blood cells, today provided a business and financial updatefor thefourth quarterand full year of2022. “After the disappointing results of our Phase 3 trial in pancreatic cancer, we have pursued during 2022 a consistent strategy to maximize the remaining value for our shareholders through strategic partnering. We sold our US manufacturing site, sharply
Hvidbjerg Banks ordinære generalforsamling den 22. marts 202322.3.2023 21:48:49 CET | pressemeddelelse
Formand Henrik H. Galsgaard udpegede advokat Rasmus Kronborg, Thisted til dirigent i henhold til vedtægternes § 9. Rasmus Kronborg takkede for valget og konstaterede, at generalforsamlingen var korrekt indvarslet og beslutningsdygtig med hensyn til generalforsamlingens dagsorden, som blev gennemgået. Dagsordenens punkt 1: Formand Henrik H. Galsgaard aflagde på bestyrelsens vegne mundtlig beretning om bankens virksomhed i det forløbne år. På grund af kommende kapitalkrav forventes der ikke udbetalt udbytte i de kommende år. Der var ikke kommet bemærkninger eller spørgsmål, hvorefter dirigenten konstaterede, at beretningen var taget til efterretning. Dagsordenens punkt 2 og 3: Bankdirektør Jens Odgaard fremlagde årsrapporten til godkendelse og årsrapporten blev godkendt. Årets resultat t.kr. 25.172 blev vedtaget overført således: Udbytte 0 Rente hybrid kernekapital 975 Henlagt til egenkapitalen 24.197 I alt anvendt 25.172 Dagsordenens punkt 4: Bestyrelsesformand Henrik H. Galsgaard freml
CNH Industrial: Periodic Report on $300 Million Buyback Program. Completion of Second $50 million tranche and launch of Third $50 million tranche22.3.2023 21:30:00 CET | Press release
London, March 22, 2023 CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI) announces that it has completed the second tranche of its $50 million share buyback (the “Second Tranche”) in the framework of its $300 million common share buyback program with the transaction described in the table below. The transaction, completed on March 13, 2023, reported in aggregate, was based on automatic orders placed with the Company’s broker (who made its trading decisions as to the timing of the purchases independently of the Company based on instructions given before the commencement of the Company’s closed period under the applicable regulations). After the purchases announced today and considering those previously executed under the Second Tranche, the total invested amount is approximately €46,863,453.43 ($49,999,997.50) for a total amount of 3,065,368 common shares purchased. DateNumber of common shares purchasedAverage price per share excluding feesConsideration excluding fees Consideration (**) exclu