Kredinor's results for the first quarter of 2023
- It is positive to see growth in revenues of 4,5 % and improvements in adjusted EBIT, but collection performance on our own portfolios is weaker than expected. This indicates that customers are having a harder time making their payments. This was particularly noticeable in the first two months of the quarter, says Klaus-Anders Nysteen, CEO of Kredinor.
Key highlights for the quarter:
- 4.5% growth in operational revenues at MNOK 348 (MNOK 333 in Q1 2022)
- Volume stable vs. Q1 2022 but 5.1% higher than Q4 2022
- Operating costs adjusted for NRI at MNOK 237 (MNOK 240)
- Portfolio investments of MNOK 269 (MNOK 205)
- Adjusted EBIT MNOK 94 (MNOK 77)
- Negative revaluations of MNOK 50
- EBT MNOK -30 (MNOK 64)
- Successful inaugural unsecured bond issue of MNOK 1 000
- Synergy program increased in scope to MNOK 200 by 2025
(Note that all comparisons are to the pro-forma numbers of Q1 2022, given the merger with Modhi in 2022. Pro-forma numbers for key figures are not found in the full Q1 report due to accounting rules.)
Integration of Modhi and Kredinor is proceeding as expected
Following the merger of Modhi and Kredinor in 2022, Kredinor has initiated a significant post-merger integration process. This includes migrating to a single core collection platform, closing branch locations, and streamlining operations to roll out the best practices to the whole company.
The merger includes synergies of up to NOK 200 million, which are on track to be realized by 2025.
New products and services in line with sustainability mission
In addition to improving the performance of existing operations, Kredinor is looking to generate new revenue from products and services that align with its mission of improving the sustainability of debt collection.
- We are concerned about our customers’ financial problems and want to avoid adding to their burden. The work we are doing on sustainable debt collection, together with our clients, will both increase this proportion and make life better for our customers, according to Nysteen.
- Increasing interest rates in all the Nordic countries are combining with inflation to reduce the amount of money customers have left to settle old debts. Savings rates have been negative for two consecutive quarters. We are seeing an increase in new cases, indicating that more customers are now being pushed into defaulting on loans or household bills, says Klaus-Anders Nysteen.
Outlook for the rest of 2023
While the challenging macroeconomic conditions have negatively impacted collection performance and revenues during the quarter, they have also increased the volume of cases coming to debt collection compared to the fourth quarter of 2022.
Key priorities for Kredinor are to deliver on the synergy plan, increase revenues and deliver on our strategy. The company remain committed to supporting clients and customers in uncertain times.
Link to Kredinor’s full Q1 report
For more information, please contact:
Jon Berge, Head of Marketing and Communication, +47 905 98 680
Jon BergeLeder for marked og kommunikasjonKredinor ASTel:+47 905 98 email@example.com
Sjølyst Plass 3
+47 22 00 91 00http://www.kredinor.no
Kredinor AS is Norway's largest debt collection company in terms of number of cases and a leading player in third-party debt collection, purchase and management of debt portfolios. The company is established in Norway, Sweden and Finland, dates back to 1876 and has around 600 employees.
Subscribe to releases from Kredinor
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Kredinor by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Kredinor
Kronesvekkelsen kan skape gjeldsproblemer26.5.2023 11:02:56 CEST | Pressemelding
Den svake kronen skaper problemer. Administrerende direktør i Kredinor, Klaus-Anders Nysteen, tror både bedrifter og privatpersoner vil slite med økende inkassogjeld. Kredittkortgjeld etter sommerferien kan bli særlig utfordrende.
Kredinors resultat for første kvartal 202324.5.2023 15:50:20 CEST | Pressemelding
(Oslo, 24. mai 2023) Kredinor AS legger i dag frem kvartalsrapport for Q1 2023 med økende inntekter og forbedret underliggende lønnsomhet. Økte finansieringskostnader og negative porteføljerevalueringer på grunn av lavere innkreving enn forventet resulterte i en negativ bunnlinje.
Kredinors årsresultat for 202219.5.2023 10:49:54 CEST | Pressemelding
(Oslo, 19. mai 2023) Kredinor har offentliggjort sitt årsresultat for 2022. Selskapet hadde en omsetning på 1173 millioner kroner, og et resultat på minus 73,6 millioner kroner. I 2022 utarbeidet Kredinor en ny strategi som er ventet å løfte resultatet i årene som kommer.
Kredinor rekrutterer ny investeringsdirektør fra egne rekker24.4.2023 12:21:34 CEST | Pressemelding
Anmol Juneja tar over som Chief Investment Officer (CIO) i Norges største inkassoselskap, Kredinor AS. Rolf Eek-Johansen som er CIO i Kredinor i dag, går av med pensjon i sommer.
Urolig for økningen i inkassogjeld3.4.2023 09:34:41 CEST | Pressemelding
Nye tall fra Finanstilsynet viser en oppgang i inkassogjelden for første gang siden 2020. Administrerende direktør i Kredinor, Klaus-Anders Nysteen, oppfordrer nordmenn til å ta kontakt med inkassoselskapet før gjelden blir uhåndterlig.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom