iTeos Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Business Update
- Announced co-development and co-commercialization collaboration with GSK for anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody EOS-448 (GSK’859); $625MM upfront payment in addition to $1.45B in potential milestones, 40/60 cost-sharing of global development, 50/50 profit share in the US, and royalty payments on ex-US sales
- Presented initial clinical data for EOS-448 at AACR 2021 demonstrating target engagement, promising early monotherapy anti-cancer activity and tolerability at all dose levels
- Updated data from Phase 1/2a trial of inupadenant (EOS-850) presented at ASCO 2021 show evidence of durable monotherapy anti-cancer activity, and a correlation between the expression of A2AR and clinical outcomes
- Cash balance of $302.9MM as of June 30, 2021; Subsequent to June 30, received $625MM upfront payment from GSK, providing cash runway into 2026
- Company to host conference call today at 8:00am ET
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and GOSSELIES, Belgium, Aug. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iTeos Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ITOS), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery and development of a new generation of highly differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutics for patients, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021 and provided recent business highlights.
“The last few months have been a transformative time for iTeos, as we achieved significant milestones that will shape the future of our company and help us in our mission to discover, develop and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of people with cancer. I am incredibly proud of our continued execution with our clinical programs and strategic initiatives,” said Michel Detheux, PhD, president, and chief executive officer of iTeos. “For our TIGIT program, we announced a transformational strategic collaboration with GSK that will allow us to combine our resources and expand and accelerate the development program for EOS-448 through rapid evaluation of dostarlimab and triplet combinations beginning in the coming months. With the rights iTeos retained, we can maximize the value of EOS-448 for patients and our shareholders. In addition to expanding our TIGIT program, the GSK collaboration is also an important validation for our team’s ability to identify and pursue best-in-class anti-tumor drug candidates. To that end, we are excited to advance inupadenant, our second clinical-stage program, which has demonstrated in a Phase 1 trial durable responses in two patients with checkpoint inhibitor resistant tumors, good tolerability and a potentially predictive biomarker which will help to drive tumor and patient selection in upcoming trials. In the coming months, we look forward to advancing inupadenant into proof-of-concept trials in several indications.”
EOS-448: IgG1 anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody designed to engage the Fc gamma receptor (FcγR) and to enhance anti-tumor responses through a multifaceted mechanism of action.
- In June 2021, iTeos and GSK announced an agreement to co-develop and co-commercialize EOS-448. As part of the agreement, iTeos received a $625 million upfront payment and is eligible to receive up to $1.45 billion in potential milestone payments upon the achievement of certain development and commercial milestones. GSK is responsible for 60% of expense in the global development plan. The companies will co-commercialize and equally split profits in the U.S. iTeos will be eligible to receive royalties on sales outside of the U.S.
- In April 2021, the Company presented initial clinical and safety data from the monotherapy dose escalation part of the Phase 1 trial in adult patients with advanced solid tumors at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting. These preliminary data show the drug was well-tolerated across dose levels, caused depletion of TIGIT-expressing Treg cells in the blood, providing evidence of target and FcyR engagement, and had encouraging early signs of anti-cancer activity in Phase 1, including one partial response in a pembrolizumab-resistant metastatic melanoma patient.
- The Company is working with GSK to rapidly initiate trials of EOS-448 in combinations including with Jemperli (dostarlimab).
- iTeos will also advance EOS-448 in combination with pembrolizumab and with inupadenant in patients with solid tumors, and as a monotherapy and in combination with an Immunomodulatory Drug (IMiD) in patients with multiple myeloma.
Inupadenant (EOS-850): Designed as an insurmountable and highly selective small molecule antagonist of the adenosine A2A receptor, the only high-affinity adenosine receptor expressed on different immune cells found in the tumor micro-environment.
- In June 2021, the company presented updated data from 43 patients in both the single-agent dose-escalation and expansion portions of the ongoing open-label Phase 1/2a clinical trial, including results from pre-treatment tumor biopsy analyses, as part of an e-poster at the 2021 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting. Preliminary tumor biopsy analyses demonstrate that A2AR expression assessed using a proprietary assay, in patients with solid tumors treated with single agent inupadenant is associated with clinical outcomes. Results also provide evidence of durable antitumor activity in patients with advanced solid tumors and indicate a safety and tolerability profile consistent with previously reported data.
- Based on the encouraging monotherapy results, iTeos plans to initiate inupadenant proof-of-concept trials in several indications and will continue to use A2AR and other potential biomarkers to select indications and patients most likely to benefit from treatment.
Preclinical programs: iTeos continues to progress research programs focused on additional targets that address pathways of immunosuppression and complement the mechanism of action of the A2AR and TIGIT programs. iTeos expects to nominate an additional product candidate which inhibits a novel target in the adenosine pathway for Investigational New Drug-enabling studies before the end of 2021.
- KBC Securities Life Sciences Conference, September 7
- Wells Fargo Healthcare Conference, September 9-10
- Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference, September 9-10 and 13-15
- H.C. Wainwright Global Investment Conference, September 13-15
- Cantor Fitzgerald Global Healthcare Conference, September 27-30
Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Cash Position: The Company had cash and cash equivalents of $302.9 million as of June 30, 2021, compared to $136.9 million as of June 30, 2020. Following receipt of the upfront payment from GSK pursuant to the Company’s Collaboration and License Agreement earlier in August 2021, the Company believes that its existing cash and cash equivalents would enable it to fund operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements into 2026.
- Research and Development (R&D) Expenses: R&D expenses were $14.2 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, compared to $6.1 million for the same quarter of 2020. This increase was primarily due to an increase in activities related to clinical trials for EOS-448 and inupadenant and increased headcount.
- General and Administrative (G&A) Expenses: G&A expenses were $15.1 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, compared to $2.4 million for the same quarter of 2020. This increase was primarily due to increased headcount, professional fees and other costs associated with becoming a public company, along with one-time legal and advisory fees incurred by the Company associated with the Collaboration and License Agreement with GSK to co-develop and co-commercialize EOS-448.
- Net Loss: Net loss attributable to common shareholders was $26.5 million, or a net loss of $0.75 per basic and diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, as compared to $10.3 million, or a net loss of $29.49 per basic and diluted share, for the same quarter of 2020.
Conference Call Details:
iTeos Therapeutics will host a conference call and webcast today at 8:00am ET. To access the live event, please use the following link and you will receive access details via email: https://www.incommglobalevents.com/registration/q4inc/8354/iteos-therapeutics-q2-2021-earnings-conference-call/
A live audio webcast of the event will also be accessible from the Events page of the Company’s website at https://investors.iteostherapeutics.com/news-and-events/events. The archived webcast will be available approximately two hours after the completion of the event and for 30 days following the call.
About iTeos Therapeutics, Inc.
iTeos Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery and development of a new generation of highly differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutics for patients. iTeos Therapeutics leverages its deep understanding of cancer immunology and immunosuppressive pathways to design novel product candidates with the potential to fully restore the immune response against cancer. The Company’s innovative pipeline includes two clinical-stage programs targeting novel, validated immuno-oncology pathways designed with optimized pharmacologic properties for improved clinical outcomes. The first antibody product candidate, EOS-448, is a high affinity, potent, anti-TIGIT antibody with a functional Fc domain, designed to enhance the anti-tumor response through a multifaceted immune modulatory mechanism, currently progressing in multiple indications in collaboration with GSK. The Company is also advancing inupadenant, a next-generation adenosine A2A receptor antagonist tailored to overcome cancer immunosuppression into proof-of concept trials in several indications following encouraging single-agent activity in Phase 1. iTeos Therapeutics is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with a research center in Gosselies, Belgium.
In order to provide iTeos’ investors with an understanding of its current results and future prospects, this press release contains statements that are forward-looking. Any statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Words such as “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” “will,” “may,” “intends,” “prepares,” “looks,” “potential,” “possible” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements relating to our future operations, financial performance and projections, business plans, market opportunities, priorities and research and development programs and expected plans and milestones, including milestones and royalty payments from GSK pursuant to the collaboration agreement; GSK’s obligation to share responsibility and costs for the global development of EOS-448; the collaboration with GSK allowing us to combine our resources and expand and accelerate the development program for EOS-448 through rapid evaluation of dostarlimab and triplet combinations; the plan to initiate studies for EOS-448 in the coming months; the collaboration with GSK allowing us to maximize the value of EOS-448 for patients and our shareholders; our plan to initiate inupadenant proof-of-concept trials in several indications and to continue to use A2AR and other potential biomarkers to select indications and patients most likely to benefit from treatment; our plan to nominate an additional product candidate which inhibits a novel target in the adenosine pathway for Investigational New Drug-enabling studies before the end of 2021; and the expectation that iTeos’ existing cash and cash equivalents would enable iTeos to fund its operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements into 2026.
These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond iTeos’ control. Actual results could materially differ from those stated or implied by these forward-looking statements as a result of such risks and uncertainties. Known risk factors include the following: market conditions; the expected benefits and opportunities related to the agreement between iTeos and GSK may not be realized or may take longer to realize than expected due to a variety of reasons, including any inability of the parties to perform their commitments and obligations under the agreement, challenges and uncertainties inherent in product research and development and manufacturing limitations; iTeos may encounter unanticipated costs or may expend cash more rapidly than currently anticipated due to challenges and uncertainties inherent in product research and development and biologics manufacturing; success in preclinical testing and early clinical trials does not ensure that later clinical trials will be successful, and early results from a clinical trial do not necessarily predict final results; the data for our product candidates may not be sufficient for obtaining regulatory approval; iTeos may not be able to execute on its business plans, including meeting its expected or planned regulatory milestones and timelines, research and clinical development plans, and bringing its product candidates to market, for various reasons, some of which may be outside of iTeos’ control, including possible limitations of company financial and other resources, manufacturing limitations that may not be anticipated or resolved for in a timely manner, regulatory, court or agency decisions such as decisions by the United States Patent and Trademark Office with respect to patents that cover our product candidates and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic; and those risks identified under the heading “Risk Factors” in iTeos’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as other SEC filings made by the Company which you are encouraged to review. Statements regarding the Company’s cash runway do not indicate when the Company may access the capital markets.
Any of the foregoing risks could materially and adversely affect iTeos’ business, results of operations and the trading price of iTeos’ common stock. We caution investors not to place considerable reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. iTeos does not undertake any obligation to publicly update its forward-looking statements based on events or circumstances after the date hereof.
For further information, please contact:
iTeos Therapeutics, Inc.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Novartis announces findings from a real-world study of alpelisib demonstrating clinical benefit in people with PIK3CA-Related Overgrowth Spectrum (PROS)17.9.2021 13:30:00 CEST | Press release
PROS is a spectrum of rare disorders caused by PIK3CA mutations and is characterized by atypical, visible overgrowths and anomalies in blood vessels, the lymphatic system and other tissues At 24 weeks, 38% of patients achieved ≥20% reduction in the volume of the PROS lesions assessed in the primary endpoint analysis; no patients experienced disease progression or death Alpelisib is the first potential treatment to specifically address the root cause of PROS conditions EPIK-P1 study findings presented at ESMO Virtual Congress 2021 support FDA submission Basel, September 17, 2021— Novartis today announced important findings from a real-world study evaluating the safety and efficacy of alpelisib for people living with PIK3CA-Related Overgrowth Spectrum (PROS) who received treatment daily for at least 24 weeks. Results from EPIK-P1 showed alpelisib effectively reduced volume of clinically significant PROS-related lesions and improved signs and symptoms in pediatric and adult patients. Resu
GALAPAGOS ANNOUNCES POSITIVE CHMP OPINION FOR JYSELECA® (FILGOTINIB) FOR THE TREATMENT OF ADULTS WITH MODERATELY TO SEVERELY ACTIVE ULCERATIVE COLITIS17.9.2021 13:15:00 CEST | Press release
Mechelen, Belgium;17September 2021;13.15 CET; Galapagos NV (Euronext & Nasdaq: GLPG) announced todaythatthe European Medicines Agency's (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has issueda positive opinion for Jyseleca® (filgotinib), a once-daily, oral, JAK1preferential inhibitor for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis (UC) who have had an inadequate response with, lost response to, or were intolerant to either conventional therapy or a biologic agent. Following this positive opinion, a final decision from the European Commission is expected later this year. The CHMP positive opinion is based on data from the pivotal Phase 2b/3 SELECTION program, which evaluated filgotinib as an induction and maintenance therapy in adult patients with moderately to severely active UC who have failed conventional therapy or biologics. SELECTION comprised two placebo-controlled induction studies, one in biologic-naive patients and the o
Roche receives positive CHMP opinion for Gavreto® (pralsetinib) for the treatment of adults with RET fusion-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer17.9.2021 13:10:00 CEST | Press release
Gavreto showed robust and durable clinical responses in people with NSCLC with RET fusionsIf approved, Gavreto will be the first and only targeted treatment approved by the EMA that includes first-line treatment of people with RET fusion-positive advanced NSCLC Basel, 17 September 2021 - Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced that the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended the approval of Gavreto® (pralsetinib) as a monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with rearranged during transfection (RET) fusion-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) not previously treated with a RET inhibitor. “This positive CHMP opinion for Gavreto represents another important step towards our goal of providing effective therapeutics that target genomic drivers of disease for as many cancer patients as possible," said Levi Garraway, M.D., Ph.D., Roche’s Chief Medical Officer and Head of Global Product Developmen
Elina Stråhlman appointed as Enento Group’s acting CEO17.9.2021 13:00:00 CEST | Press release
ENENTO GROUP PLC, STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE ON 17 SEPTEMBER 2021 AT 2.00 P.M. EEST Elina Stråhlman appointedas Enento Group’s acting CEO As communicated with a stock exchange release on 21 April 2021, Enento Group Plc’s current CEO Jukka Ruuska has given notice of his resignation from the company no later than 31 October 2021. As announced in July, Jeanette Jäger will start as the new CEO and member of the Executive Management Team on 1 January 2022. Since 2016 she has worked in the Swedish company Bankgirot, first as VP Digital Services and from 2017 as CEO of Bankgirot. Enento Group's Board of Directors has today appointed Elina Stråhlman, the Group’s CFO, as an acting CEO for the interim period from 1 November 2021 to 31 December 2021. ENENTO GROUP PLC For further information: Jukka Ruuska CEO Tel. +358 10 270 7111 Distribution: Nasdaq Helsinki Major media enento.com/investors Enento Group is a Nordic knowledge company powering society with intelligence since 1905. We collect and trans
Fobi Launches Connected Retail Commerce Solution At Industry’s Premier Event For Convenience, Grocers and CPG Brands17.9.2021 12:00:00 CEST | Press release
Fobi CEO Rob Anson and Senior Vice President of Business Development Mike Canevaro to launch new Personalized Digital Receipt Marketing Solution at GroceryShop to be held September 19-22 in Las Vegas, Nevada VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fobi AI Inc. (TSX.V: FOBI) (OTCQB: FOBIF) (the "Company" or "Fobi"), a global leader in providing real-time data analytics through artificial intelligence to drive customer activation and engagement, is excited to announce the launch of its latest solution. The Fobi connected retail commerce solution will support real-time POS data connectivity across all banners and channels, in-store, online and mobile to provide retailers and CPG manufacturers with the ability to deliver automated and personalized marketing at scale. PERSONALIZED MARKETING TO EMPOWER CPG BRANDS BY PROVIDING THEM WITH DIRECT ACCESS TO ENGAGE CONSUMERS WITH PROMOTIONS AND CAMPAIGN ACTIVATION MEASUREMENT Fobi will now enable manufacturer brands to gain
RESULT OF RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK GOVERNMENT BONDS17.9.2021 10:07:00 CEST | Press release
Auction date2021-09-17Loan1059Coupon1.00 %ISIN-codeSE0007125927Maturity2026-11-12Tendered volume, SEK mln500 +/- 250Volume offered, SEK mln1,000Volume bought, SEK mln500Number of bids2Number of accepted bids1Average yield-0.028Lowest accepted yield-0.028Highest yield-0.028% accepted at lowest yield 100.00 Auction date2021-09-17Loan1062Coupon0.125 %ISIN-codeSE0013935319Maturity2031-05-12Tendered volume, SEK mln750 +/- 350Volume offered, SEK mln1,750Volume bought, SEK mln750Number of bids5Number of accepted bids1Average yield0.277Lowest accepted yield0.277Highest yield0.277% accepted at lowest yield 100.00
Riksgälden föreslår i stort oförändrade riktlinjer för statsskulden17.9.2021 09:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Riksgälden föreslår i stort oförändrade riktlinjer för statsskulden Riksgälden föreslår inga väsentliga ändringar i riktlinjerna för förvaltningen av statsskulden.Förslaget till riktlinjer för 2022lämnas till Finansdepartementet i dag. Riksgälden ser inte behov av några större ändringar i riktlinjerna efter att de justeringar som gjorts de senaste åren har lett till en mer övergripande styrning av skuldförvaltningen. Därmed har Riksgälden god flexibilitet att hantera stora variationer i statens lånebehov inom de ramar som riktlinjerna ger. Regeringen beslutar om riktlinjerna varje år senast den 15 november. Beslutet fattas efter att Riksgälden har lämnat sitt förslag och Riksbanken har yttrat sig över förslaget. I riktlinjerna fastställs bland annat hur statsskulden ska vara sammansatt och vilken löptid den ska ha. Riktvärden för sammansättning och löptid ligger fast Sammansättning Real kronskuld – andelen ska långsiktigt vara 20 procent av statsskulden.Skuld i utländsk valuta – expone