iTeos Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results and Provides Business Update
– Initial data from Phase 1/2a trial of EOS-448 to be presented at American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting. Company to hold conference call at 8:00 am on April 12th to discuss results –
– Updated, single-agent data of inupadenant (EOS-850) from Phase 1/2a trial and initial pembrolizumab combination data are expected to be reported later in 2021 –
– Strong cash balance of $336.3M allows company to rapidly advance clinical programs and continue to invest in discovery efforts to expand pipeline –
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and GOSSELIES, Belgium, March 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iTeos Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ITOS), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery and development of a new generation of highly differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutics for patients, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2020 and provided recent business highlights.
“In 2020, we laid a strong foundation, growing our leadership team and completing an IPO in July that solidified our cash position to support our clinical trials and operations into the second half of 2023. We are making strong progress advancing the Phase 1/2a trials for our two lead clinical candidates, inupadenant, our adenosine A2A receptor antagonist, and EOS-448, our anti-TIGIT antibody. We look forward to reporting initial data for our TIGIT program at the upcoming AACR Annual Meeting in April, followed by updated data from our expansion cohorts for inupadenant later this year,” said Michel Detheux, PhD, president and chief executive officer of iTeos. “As we approach multiple near-term clinical milestones, we also continue to leverage our deep knowledge of the tumor microenvironment to perform rigorous preclinical evaluations to grow our pipeline of highly differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutics and expect to nominate an additional product candidate by year-end.”
Inupadenant (EOS-850): Designed as a highly selective small molecule insurmountable antagonist of the adenosine A2A receptor, or A2AR, to inhibit the adenosine pathway which is a key driver of immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment across a broad range of tumors. Currently in a multi-arm Phase 1/2a clinical trial in adult patients with advanced solid tumors.
- The company is currently enrolling patients in three distinct cohorts in its Phase 1/2a study as both a monotherapy and in combination. The initial cohort is evaluating inupadenant as a monotherapy in a basket of cancers, and the second cohort is evaluating the safety of inupadenant in combination with pembrolizumab in patients with solid tumors. The final cohort is evaluating inupadenant in combination with chemotherapy in patients with triple-negative breast cancer.
- Updated single-agent data, including results from tumor biopsy analyses, and initial pembrolizumab combination data are expected to be reported later in 2021.
EOS-448: Antagonistic antibody specifically designed to target TIGIT (T-cell immunoreceptor with Ig and ITIM domains), a checkpoint with multiple mechanisms leading to immunosuppression. EOS-448 was also selected to engage the Fc gamma receptor, or FcγR, and enhance the anti-tumor response through a multifaceted immune modulatory mechanism. These mechanisms include the activation of macrophages and dendritic cells and the promotion of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity, or ADCC, leading to the selective depletion of cells which express high levels of TIGIT including immunosuppressive regulatory T cells and exhausted T cells. Currently in a Phase 1/2a clinical trial in multiple advanced solid tumors.
- Enrollment in the dose escalation portion of the study has now been completed. Following the determination of the recommended Phase 2 dose, the company expects to begin trials in mid-2021 to evaluate EOS-448 in combination with pembrolizumab, an anti-PD-1 antibody, in combination with inupadenant, and in other combinations in specific tumor types.
- The company will present initial clinical and safety data as part of a late-breaking e-poster at the first session of the upcoming American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting being held virtually April 10-15, 2021. The poster will go live on Saturday, April 10th at 8:30 a.m. ET, and company management will hold a call on Monday, April 12th at 8:00 a.m. ET to discuss the results.
- Abstract Title: CT118 - Preliminary data from Phase I first-in-human study of EOS884448, a novel potent anti-TIGIT antibody, monotherapy shows favorable tolerability profile and early signs of clinical activity in immune-resistant advanced cancers.
- Abstract Number: IO-002-Abst-001
Preclinical programs: The company continues to progress research programs focused on additional targets that complement the mechanism of action of A2AR and TIGIT programs or address additional pathways of immunosuppression. The company is optimizing its screening and selection process to identify potential product candidates and expects to nominate an additional product candidate for Investigational New Drug-enabling studies before the end of 2021.
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting, April 10-15, 2021
- Kempen Life Sciences Conference - European Immuno and Targeted Oncology, April 21, 2021
- Jefferies Healthcare Conference, June 1-4, 2021
Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results
- Cash Position: The Company’s cash and cash equivalent position was $336.3 million as of December 31, 2020, as compared to $19.9 million as of December 31, 2019. Cash balance provides runway into second half of 2023.
- Research and Development (R&D) Expenses: R&D expenses were $9.2 million for the quarter and $29.9 million for the full year ended December 31, 2020, as compared to $6.0 million for the fourth quarter and $19.2 million for the full year of 2019. The increase was primarily due to an increase in activities related to clinical trials for inupadenant and EOS-448.
- General and Administrative (G&A) Expenses: G&A expenses were $5.7 million for the quarter and $15.3 million for the full year ended December 31, 2020, as compared to $2.3 million for the fourth quarter and $8.8 million for the full year of 2019. The increase in both periods was primarily due to increased headcount and professional fees associated with becoming a publicly traded company.
- Net Loss: Net loss attributable to common shareholders was $14.9 million, or a net loss of $0.43 per basic and diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2020, as compared to $6.6 million, or a net loss of $23.30 per basic and diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2019. Net loss was $43.4 million, or a net loss of $2.88 per basic and diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2020, as compared to $26.5 million, or a net loss of $130.85 per basic and diluted share, for the full year of 2019.
About iTeos Therapeutics, Inc.
iTeos Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery and development of a new generation of highly differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutics for patients. iTeos Therapeutics leverages its deep understanding of the tumor microenvironment and immunosuppressive pathways to design novel product candidates with an aim to improve the clinical benefit of oncology therapies. The innovative pipeline includes two clinical-stage programs targeting novel, validated immuno-oncology pathways designed to build on prior learnings in the field to have differentiated pharmacological and clinical profiles. The most advanced product candidate, inupadenant, is designed as a highly selective small molecule insurmountable antagonist of the adenosine A2A receptor, in the adenosine pathway, a key driver of immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment across a broad range of tumors. Inupadenant is being investigated in an open-label multi-arm Phase 1/2a clinical trial in adult cancer patients with advanced solid tumors and encouraging preliminary single-agent activity was observed in the dose escalation portion of the trial. The lead antibody product candidate, EOS-448, is an antagonist of TIGIT, a checkpoint that has a role in both inhibitory and stimulatory pathways in the immune system. EOS-448 was also selected to engage the Fc gamma receptor, or FcγR, and enhance the anti-tumor response through a multifaceted immune modulatory mechanism. These mechanisms include the activation of macrophages and dendritic cells, and promotion of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity, or ADCC, leading to the selective depletion of cells which express high levels of TIGIT including immunosuppressive regulatory T cells and exhausted T cells. An open-label Phase 1/2a clinical trial of EOS-448 was initiated in adult cancer patients with advanced solid tumors. iTeos Therapeutics is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with a research center in Gosselies, Belgium.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other federal securities laws, including express or implied statements regarding iTeos’ future expectations, plans and prospects, which are based on currently available information. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this press release, including statements regarding our strategy, future financial condition, future operations, prospects, plans, objectives of management and expected growth, are forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as ‘‘aim,’’ ‘‘anticipate,’’ ‘‘assume,’’ ‘‘believe,’’ ‘‘contemplate,’’ ‘‘continue,’’ ‘‘could,’’ ‘‘design,’’ ‘‘due,’’ ‘‘estimate,’’ ‘‘expect,’’ ‘‘goal,’’ ‘‘intend,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘objective,’’ ‘‘plan,’’ ‘‘predict,’’ ‘‘positioned,’’ ‘‘potential,’’ ‘‘seek,’’ ‘‘should,’’ ‘‘target,’’ ‘‘will,’’ ‘‘would’’ and other similar expressions that are predictions of or indicate future events and future trends, or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology and similar expressions that constitute forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include statements about the initiation, timing, progress and results of our current and future clinical trials and current and future preclinical studies of our product candidates, including our clinical trials of inupadenant, our clinical trials of EOS-448 and of our research and development programs; uncertainties inherent in clinical studies and in the availability and timing of data from ongoing clinical trials; the expected timing of announcing additional product candidates; the enrollment of our ongoing clinical trials; whether interim results from a clinical trial will be predictive of the final results of the trial; whether results from preclinical studies or earlier clinical studies will be predictive of the results of future clinical trials; our ability to successfully establish or maintain collaborations or strategic relationships for our product candidates; the expected timing for submissions for regulatory approval or review by governmental authorities; the composition of our board of directors; our financial performance; whether our cash resources will be sufficient to fund our foreseeable and unforeseeable operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements; risks, uncertainties and assumptions regarding the impact of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic on our business, operations, strategies and anticipated timelines, including mitigation efforts and economic effects, including but not limited to our preclinical studies and future clinical trials; and our plans to develop and commercialize our current product candidates and any future product candidates and the implementation of our business model and strategic plans for our business, current product candidates and any future product candidates, and other risks concerning iTeos’ programs and operations that are described in additional detail in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and our other filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. Although our forward-looking statements reflect the good faith judgment of management, these statements are based solely on facts and circumstances currently known to iTeos. As a result, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement made in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it is made. iTeos undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, the occurrence of certain events or otherwise.
For further information, please contact:
iTeos Therapeutics, Inc.
iTeos and iTeos logo are trademarks of iTeos Therapeutics Inc.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
REC Silicon - Notice of Annual General Meeting20.4.2021 15:12:01 CEST | Press release
This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act Lysaker, Norway - April 20, 2021: Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of REC Silicon ASA (REC) will be held at the offices of Schjødt, Ruseløkkveien 14, Oslo, Norway on May 11, 2021 at 4.00 pm CET. Please find attached Notice of the General Meeting and the Recommendation of the Nomination Committee. All documents are available at https://www.recsilicon.com/investors/agm/ Due to the extraordinary situation with Covid-19, and in light of prevailing travel and meeting recommendations and restrictions, the Board urges shareholders to vote through submission of proxy forms prior to the meeting and not attend the meeting in person. For further information, please contact: James A. May II, Chief Financial Officer Phone: +1 509 989 1023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Nils O. Kjerstad, IR Contact Phone: +47 9135 6659 Email: email@example.com About REC
Årsredovisning 2020 är nu publicerad20.4.2021 15:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
2021-04-20 PRESSRELEASE Årsredovisning 2020är nu publicerad Arcoma publicerar idag sin årsredovisning för verksamhetsåret 2020 på bolagets hemsida www.arcoma.se/about-us/investors. Om Arcoma Arcoma, med lång erfarenhet av branschen, är en ledande leverantör av integrerade digitala röntgensystem med hög kvalitet och avancerad teknik. Arcomas produkter erbjuder den senaste digitala bildtekniken kombinerat med tekniskt avancerade rörliga positioneringssystem, vilket tillsammans med ergonomisk skandinavisk design, erbjuder kunden kompletta, konfigurerbara och funktionella digitala röntgensystem. Bolagets produkter säljs via återförsäljare samt via OEM-kunder och det finns idag över 3 500 av Arcomas röntgensystem installerade i hela världen. Arcoma är listat på Nasdaq First North. Certified Adviser är Erik Penser Bank (tel: 08-4638300, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) För mer information om bolaget besök www.arcoma.se För ytterligare information, vänligen kontakta: Arcomas VD Sanna Rydbe
Skyharbour’s Partner Company Valor Completes Airborne Survey at Hook Lake Uranium Project, Saskatchewan20.4.2021 14:00:00 CEST | Press release
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Skyharbour Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: SYH) (OTCQB: SYHBF) (Frankfurt: SC1P) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce that partner company Valor Resources Limited (“Valor”) entered into a contract with Precision GeoSurveys Inc. through TerraLogic Exploration Inc. (“TerraLogic”), the Company’s geological consultants, to undertake a detailed airborne survey over the Hook Lake Project (previously North Falcon Point). The survey commenced in early April 2021 and is now complete. TerraLogic designed the low-level airborne magnetic and VLF-EM survey to cover the entire Hook Lake claim area, using a fixed-wing aircraft, at 75m line-spacing totaling 5,100 line-km. Final data processing, data interpretation, target selection and recommendations for follow-up ground-based exploration and drilling programs will also be handled by TerraLogic. This process is expected to take approximately six weeks, followed immediately by the recommended fi
Acarix publicerar årsredovisningen för 202020.4.2021 13:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Pressmeddelande Malmö, 20 april 2021 Acarix publicerar årsredovisningen för 2020 Idag, tisdagen den 20 april, publicerar Acarix sin årsredovisning för verksamhetsåret 2020 på bolagets hemsida www.acarix.com. Årsredovisningen finns även bifogad i pressreleasen. För mer information, vänligen kontakta: Per Persson, vd, e-mail: email@example.com, telefon: +46 73 600 59 90 Informationen lämnades, genom ovanstående kontaktpersons försorg, för offentliggörande vid den tidpunkt som anges av företagets nyhetsdistributör, GlobeNewswire. Om Acarix Acarix grundades 2009 och är noterat på Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ticker: ACARIX). Acarix CADScor®System använder en avancerad sensor som placeras på huden ovanför hjärtat för att lyssna på ljudet av hjärtkontraktion och turbulent flöde. Det har utformats för att vara ett allt-i-ett-system i den meningen att signalen från hjärtat spelas in, bearbetas och visas som en patientspecifik s k CAD-score på skärmen. Presentation av mätresul
Acarix publishes the annual report for 202020.4.2021 13:00:00 CEST | Press release
Press release Malmö, Sweden, April 20, 2021 Acarix publishes the annual report for 2020 Today, Tuesday April 20, Acarix is publishing its Annual Report for 2020 on the company website www.acarix.com. The Annual Report is also attached to this press release. For further information, please contact: Per Persson, CEO, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +46 73 600 59 90 The information was provided, through the agency of the above contact person, for publication at the time specified by the company's news distributor, GlobeNewswire. About Acarix: Acarix was established in 2009 and is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ticker: ACARIX). Acarix’s CADScor®System uses an advanced sensor placed on the skin above the heart to listen to the sounds of cardiac contraction movement and turbulent flow. It has been designed to be an all-in-one system in the sense that the heart signal will be recorded, processed, and displayed as a patient specific score, the CAD-score, on the devi
GW Pharmaceuticals receives European Commission approval for EPIDYOLEX® (cannabidiol) for the treatment of seizures associated with tuberous sclerosis complex20.4.2021 12:30:00 CEST | Press release
– Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) represents a third indication for GW’s cannabidiol in Europe – – TSC causes epilepsy in up to 85% of patients, and up to 60% of those patients do not respond to standard anti-epileptic medicines1,2,3– LONDON, April 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GW Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: GWPH) (“GW”, “the Company” or “the Group”), a world leader in discovering, developing and delivering regulatory approved cannabis-based medicines, today announces that the European Commission (EC) has approved the Type II variation application for EPIDYOLEX® (cannabidiol) as an adjunctive treatment of seizures associated with TSC, for patients two years of age and older. This approval, which represents the third indication for GW’s cannabidiol in Europe, paves the way for the expanded launch of the medicine across Europe. “This is an exciting moment for patients, and their families, who are affected by this debilitating disease and may benefit from this treatment. This approval is
Fingerprint Cards AB: invitation to the first quarter 2021 results presentation20.4.2021 11:30:00 CEST | Press release
Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints™) will host a telephone conference and webcast presentation of its first quarter 2021 results, on April21, 2021 at 09:00 CEST. Fingerprints’ CEO Christian Fredrikson will present the report together with CFO Per Sundqvist in a combined webcast and telephone conference. The presentation will be held in English. Time: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 09:00 am CEST. Location: combined webcast and telephone conference. The report is available at https://www.fingerprints.com/ The webcast and the presentation material can be accessed through https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/5dpwm66j where it is also possible to ask questions. For media and analysts: The telephone conference dial-in is +44 (0) 2071 928000 (international participants) or 08-506 921 80 (Swedish participants). Please state conference ID 9862978. About Fingerprints Fingerprint Cards AB (Fingerprints) – the world’s leading biometrics company, with its roots in Sweden. We believe in a secure and se