Interim report January 1 – June 30, 2020
Regulatory release no. 34
Highlights second quarter 2020
- Q2 Revenue declined by 4% to 15,253 tEUR (Q2 2019: 15,834 tEUR). Organic revenue decline was 24%. The development was impacted by the complete halt of all major sports events from mid-March through April and May before a gradual re-start late May and in June. Positive revenue growth returned in June with 20% growth, of which 7% was organic, even though some major markets, like the US and LATAM, were still affected by sports closedowns.
- Q2 EBITA before special items declined 7% to 6,305 tEUR (Q2 2019: 6,789 tEUR). The EBITA-margin before special items was 41%. The EBITA-margin remained in line with the financial target as the cost base was lowered significantly following the cost reduction program implemented from April 1, which reduced the cost base in Q2 2020 by approximately 3 mEUR compared to Q1 2020.
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 10,363 tEUR (Q2 2019: 6,601 tEUR), an increase of 57%. The cash conversion was 154%. End of Q2, capital reserves stood at 65.1 mEUR consisting of cash of 19.5 mEUR and unused bank credit facilities of 45.7 mEUR.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) was approx. 71,000 in the quarter, representing a decline of 36%, due to the cancellations and postponements of major sports events.
- Better Collective completed the share buyback program per June 30, 2020. During the period March 19, 2020 to June 30, 2020 625,964 shares for an amount of EUR 4,811,557 (SEK 52,523,439) were purchased.
- The payment of the third and last instalment relating to the acquisition of Ribacka AB in cash and shares from the buyback program combined was completed. The payment reflected the maximum earn-out of 9 mEUR and consisted of 8.4 mEUR in cash and 0,6 mEUR in shares.
- Better Collective Tennessee divested the website pocketfives.com for an amount of 0.6 mEUR. The website was originally part of the acquisition of RiCal in May, 2019 and was considered non-strategic for Better Collective. The profit from the divestment is recorded as income under Special Items.
Financial highlights first six months 2020
- In the first half of 2020, revenue grew by 18% to 36,174 tEUR (YTD 2019: 30,739 tEUR). Organic revenue declined 2%.
- In the first half of 2020, EBITA before special items increased 12% to 14,931 tEUR (YTD 2019: 13,310 tEUR). The EBITA-margin before special items was 41%.
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 19,814 tEUR (YTD 2019: 14,161 tEUR), an increase of 40%. The cash conversion rate before special items was 124%. End of Q2 2020, cash and unused credit facilities amounted to 65.1 mEUR.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) exceeded 186,000 in the first half year (decline of 18%). The decline was mainly due to the cancellation of major sports events. In total, it is estimated that the cancellation and postponements of major sports events have resulted in approximately 90,000 fewer NDC’s during H1 2020, compared to a “pre-COVID-19 estimate”.
Significant events after the closure of the period
- July revenue was approximately 6.1 mEUR (total growth of 16% - organic growth 4%). NDC growth was 25% compared to July 2019. Based on betting activity in our major European revenue share accounts, European sports wagering showed the second-highest month ever.
- The remaining 63,231 new shares to be subscribed by the third seller of HLTV.org ApS as detailed in announcement no. 4 dated March 13, 2020 was settled in shares from the buyback program on July 3, 2020.
- Better Collective has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) for the acquisition of an iGaming company for up to approximately 45 mEUR. The target company has a global presence and is specialised within lead generation towards online gambling. The target company has disclosed its current expectations for financial performance for 2020 with revenue of >40 mEUR and operational earnings (EBITDA) >8 mEUR. The acquisition is pending due diligence and final contract negotiations and will, if completed, be an important strategic move for Better Collective.
The financial targets for 2020 remain unchanged
The cancellation and postponement of major sports events have created less visibility and thereby greater uncertainty than before the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, and as mentioned in the Q1-report, there is increased uncertainty regarding the revenue growth for the full year 2020 compared to previous periods.
The revenue growth for the full year of 2020 is expected to be 15-25% without any revenue contribution from new acquisitions. The M&A-pipeline is progressing well and Better Collective expects to complete one or more acquisitions before year end which expectedly bring the total revenue growth, incl. M&A, above the financial target of >30% for the full year. Earnings margin for the full year is maintained at >40% independent of any new M&As.
For 2021 we expect a normalised situation for major sports. In addition, several major events, that were postponed from 2020 including the EURO 2020 (now EURO 2021), are planned to take place. Financial targets for 2021 will be provided in connection with the Full Year Report for 2020.
A telephone conference will be held at 10.00 a.m. CET today by CEO Jesper Søgaard and CFO Flemming Pedersen. The presentation will simultaneously be webcasted, and both the telephone conference and the webcast offer an opportunity to ask questions.
Dial in details for participants:
Confirmation Code: 9381576
Denmark: +45 32 72 80 42
Sweden: +46 (0)8 50692180
United Kingdom: +44 (0)8445718892
Jesper Søgaard, CEO of Better Collective, commented: “We have demonstrated the flexibility to withstand a period of low sports activity. I am very proud that we could maintain our financial earning target (EBITA > 40%) both for Q2 isolated and the full half year.”
CEO: Jesper Søgaard
CFO: Flemming Pedersen
Investor Relations: Christina Bastius Thomsen +45 2363 8844
This information is such information as Better Collective A/S is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
About Better Collective
Better Collective is a global sports betting media group that develops digital platforms for betting tips, bookmaker information and iGaming communities. Better Collective’s vision is to empower iGamers through innovative products and technologies and by creating transparency in the online betting market. Its portfolio of platforms and products include bettingexpert.com, the trusted home of tips from expert tipsters and in depth betting theory, HLTV.org, the world’s leading esports media and community focusing on competitive Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), and vegasinsider.com, a leading source for sports betting information in the US. Better Collective is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (BETCO).
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Ress Life Investments A/S: Ress Life Investments A/S publishes Net Asset Value (NAV)30.9.2020 17:05:00 CEST | Press release
Ress Life Investments Holbergsgade 14, 2 tv DK-1057 Copenhagen K Denmark CVR nr. 33593163 www.resslifeinvestments.com To: Nasdaq Copenhagen Date: 30 September 2020 Corporate Announcement 36/2020 Ress Life Investments A/S publishes Net Asset Value (NAV). Ress Life Investments A/S publishes the Net Asset Value (NAV) per share and performance data as of 15 September 2020. NAV per share in USD: 2064.01 NAV per share in EUR: 1735.63 The performance during the first half of September was -0.49% in USD. The year-to-date net performance is 5.37% in USD. Assets under management (AUM) was 215.0 million US dollars. Questions related to this announcement can be made to the company's AIF-manager, Resscapital AB. Contact person: Gustaf Hagerud email@example.com Tel + 46 8 545 282 27 Note: The terms for subscription of shares, minimum subscription amount and redemption of shares are provided in the Articles of Association, Information Brochure and in the Key Investment Information Docume
Vaisala’s financial information and Annual General Meeting in 202130.9.2020 17:00:00 CEST | Press release
Vaisala Corporation Stock exchange release September 30, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. EEST Vaisala’s financial information and Annual General Meeting in 2021 Vaisala Corporation will publish its Financial Statement Release, Half Year Financial Report and two Interim Reports during 2021 as follows: - February 19, 2021: Financial Statement Release 2020 - April 29, 2021: Interim Report January–March 2021 - July 23, 2021: Half Year Financial Report 2021 - October 28, 2021: Interim Report January–September 2021 The Annual Report 2020 will be published at vaisala.com by the end of week 9. Vaisala Corporation’s Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 30, 2021. The Board of Directors of the company will convene the meeting. More information Paula Liimatta, Business Controller and Head of Investor Relations Tel. +358 40 580 3521 Distribution Nasdaq Helsinki Key media vaisala.com Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on over 80 years of experience,
Auction details government bonds30.9.2020 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Auction date October 7, 2020 Maturity date Loan ISIN code Coupon Issue volume, SEK million 2028-05-12 1060 SE0009496367 0.75% 4,000 2032-06-01 1056 SE0004517290 2,25% 1,000 Settlement date October 9, 2020 Bids have to be entered by 11.00 on October 7, 2020 Bid only through dealers approved by the Swedish National Debt Office For more information, please contact: The funding desk + 46 8 613 4780 FO@riksgalden.se
SEK TENDER OPERATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ONWARD LENDING30.9.2020 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
SEK TENDER OPERATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ONWARD LENDING 2020-10-02 Transaction type:SEK CreditTender date:2020-10-02Time for submission of bids:10.30-11.00 (CEST)Payment date:2020-10-06Final repayment date2024-10-07Offered volume:50 billion SEKMinimum bid amount:10 million SEKMaximum bid amount:12.5 billion SEKMaximum number of bids from each participant: 1Interest rate:0.00 %Additional interest rate:0.10 per cent ALL APPROVED COUNTERPARTIES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT VOLUME BIDS TO THE RIKSBANK (46-8-6966970) BY 11.00 ON OCTOBER 2 2020, AT THE LATEST. CONFIRMATION ON E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Result of the auction will be published at 11.30 (CEST) on Tender date. Complete terms and conditions can be retrieved at http://www.riksbank.se
Change in numbers of shares and votes in Saniona AB (publ)30.9.2020 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
PRESS RELEASE September 30, 2020 During September, the registered number of shares and votes in Saniona AB (publ) (“Saniona”) has increased due to the exercising of warrants of series TO 2. As of September 30, 2020, the registered number of shares and votes in Saniona amounts to 62,372,831. For more information, please contact Trista Morrison, Chief Communications Officer. Mobile + 1 (858) 229 1738. Email: email@example.com This information is such information as Saniona AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 4 p.m. CET on September 30, 2020. About Saniona Saniona is a rare disease biopharmaceutical company focused on research, development and commercialization of treatments for the central nervous system. The company has four programs in clinical development. Saniona intends to develop and commercialize treatments f
Ändring av antalet aktier och röster i Saniona AB (publ)30.9.2020 16:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
PRESSMEDDELANDE 30 september 2020 Under september månad har det registrerade antalet aktier och röster i Saniona AB (publ) (”Saniona”) ökat till följd av utnyttjandet av teckningsoptioner av serie TO 2. Per den 30 september 2020 uppgår antalet registrerade aktier och röster i Saniona till 62 372 831. För mer information, vänligen kontakta Trista Morrison, Chief Communications Officer. Telefon + 1 (858) 229 1738. Epost: firstname.lastname@example.org Denna information är sådan information som Saniona AB (publ) är skyldig att offentliggöra enligt lagen om handel med finansiella instrument. Informationen lämnades för offentliggörande via kontaktpersonen som anges ovan, klockan 16:00 CET den 30 september 2020. Om Saniona Saniona är ett biofarmaceutiskt företag som fokuserar på forskning, utveckling och kommersialisering av behandlingar mot sällsynta sjukdomar i centrala nervsystemet. Bolaget har fyra program i klinisk utveckling. Saniona har för avsikt att utveckla och kommersialisera behandl