Interim report january 1 - September 30, 2019
Regulatory Release 32/2019
Highlights third quarter 2019
- Q3 Revenue grew by 54% to 17,131 tEUR (Q3 2018: 11,134 tEUR). Organic revenue growth was 25%. The total growth in the quarter was affected upwards by the acquisitions in the US and Sweden.
- Q3 EBITA before special items increased 43% to 6,804 tEUR (Q3 2018: 4,760 tEUR). The EBITA-margin before special items was 40% including an expected downwards impact of 4 %-points from the newly acquired US-businesses that on a consolidated level reached a low, positive operating result in this first full quarter.
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 4,892 tEUR (Q3 2018: 3,532 tEUR), an increase of 39%. The cash conversion was 65%. End of Q3, capital reserves stood at 56 mEUR including net cash of 16 mEUR and unused bank credit facilities of 40 mEUR.
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) exceeded 85.000 in the quarter (growth of 27%, most of which organic). Recent quarters delivered higher NDC numbers due to seasonality/events.
- We continued our expansion of media partnerships by entering an agreement with The Daily Telegraph for the delivery of our innovative technology and content for sports betting and casino.
- Through a wholly-owned US subsidiary, Better Collective completed the acquisition of the assets of Florida based Vegasinsider.com and Scoresandodds.com for a total transaction price of 18 mEUR that was paid in cash.
- Better Collective completed the acquisition of all shares in the company owning and operating the site mybettingsites.co.uk for up to 2.4 mEUR.
- Better Collective acquired 19.99% (at 0.5 mEUR) of the shares in Mindway AI, which specialises in innovative and advanced software solutions for the identification of at-risk gambling and problem gambling behaviour.
- A new version of the flagship product bettingexpert.com was launched just after Q3. The site is now backed by Better Collective’s innovative micro-service infrastructure that allows to effectively scale the product across US states.
- A new office facility was opened in Nis, Serbia with a capacity of hosting up to approximately 200 employees.
Financial highlights first nine months 2019
- In the first nine months of 2019, revenue grew by 69% to 47,870 tEUR (YTD 2018:28,348 tEUR). Organic revenue growth was 27%.
- In the first nine months of 2019, EBITA before special items grew by 88% to 20,114 tEUR (YTD 2018: 10,690 tEUR). The EBITA-margin before special items was 42% (YTD 2018: 38%). Special items (adjustments to earn-out payments and M&A costs) were -604 tEUR (YTD 2018: -3,966 tEUR), resulting in earnings (EBITA) after special items of 19,510 tEUR (YTD 2018: 6,724 tEUR).
- Cash Flow from operations before special items was 19,052 tEUR (YTD 2018: 9,747 tEUR), an increase of 95%. The cash conversion rate before special items was 90% (YTD 2018: 85%).
- New Depositing Costumers (NDCs) exceeded 313,000 in the first nine months (growth of 74%).
- Organisation; new offices and local organisations have been established in the US (Nashville, New York, Fort Lauderdale), UK and Poland. The average number of employees in the quarter grew to 367.
- In addition to the highlights in Q3, in May, Better Collective acquired 60% of the shares in RiCal LLC, with a commitment to acquire the remaining 40% during 2022-2024.
Other significant events after the closure of the period
A telephone conference will be held at 10.00 a.m. CET on the same day by CEO Jesper Søgaard and CFO Flemming Pedersen. The presentation will simultaneously be webcasted, and both the telephone conference and the webcast offer an opportunity to ask questions.
Dial in details for participants:
Confirmation Code: 7979842
Denmark: +45 32 72 80 42
Sweden: +46 (0)8 50692180
United Kingdom: +44 (0)8445718892
The webcast can also be accessed from www.bettercollective.com and the presentation will be available from 8.00 a.m. CET.
Jesper Søgaard, CEO of Better Collective, commented: “Q3 is normally a seasonally weak quarter with lower player activity and with most major sports leagues pausing in July and part of August. With that in mind, I am happy to see such strong business performance with the highest quarterly revenue in the history of BC and continued strong NDC-intake.”
About Better Collective
Better Collective’s vision is to empower iGamers through transparency and technology – this is what has made them the world’s leading developer of digital platforms for betting tips, bookmaker information and iGaming communities. Better Collective’s portfolio includes a range of websites and products, among other bettingexpert.com, the trusted home of tips from expert tipsters and in depth betting theory. Better Collective is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (BETCO).
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Prosafe SE: First quarter 2020 report – Adapting to a new reality26.5.2020 11:44:38 CEST | Press release
(Figures in brackets refer to the corresponding period of 2019) After several years of low activity across the industry, the company has presented a business plan and a restructuring proposal to lenders which – if approved as proposed – will result in a sustainable balance sheet. The revised business plan reflects a new reality in light of Covid-19, structural changes, oil price collapse, oversupply and anticipated impact on future activity and performance. Consequently, an impairment of USD 810.5 million was made to the book value of vessels in the quarter resulting in a negative book equity of USD 858.9 million by the end of the quarter. The company has sufficient liquidity of USD 184 million at the end of the quarter and continues to operate on a going concern basis on the assumption that there is justified hope to agree a sustainable financial solution with lenders. Recent highlights Prosafe implemented Covid-19 plans early to safeguard people and assets, and this has proven succes
Result of Riksbank reversed auctions SEK Municipal Bonds26.5.2020 11:30:00 CEST | Press release
Result of Riksbank reversed auctions SEK Municipal Bonds Results of auctions Municipal BondsAggregateAuction date5/26/2020Maturity2022Tendered volume, mln SEK750 +/- 750Volume offered, mln SEK1,600Volume bought, mln SEK100Number of bids4Number of accepted bids1Credit Class 1Maturity, QuarterQ1Maturity, QuarterQ2Maturity, QuarterQ3Maturity, QuarterQ4Volume Offered, mln SEK0Volume Offered, mln SEK0Volume Offered, mln SEK0Volume Offered, mln SEK0Volume bought, mln SEK0Volume bought, mln SEK0Volume bought, mln SEK0Volume bought, mln SEK0Number of bids0Number of bids0Number of bids0Number of bids0Number of accepted bids0Number of accepted bids0Number of accepted bids0Number of accepted bids0Average yield-Average yield-Average yield-Average yield-Lowest accepted yield-Lowest accepted yield-Lowest accepted yield-Lowest accepted yield-Highest yield-Highest yield-Highest yield-Highest yield-% accepted at lowest yield-% accepted at lowest yield-% accepted at lowest yield-% accepted at lowest yie
Result of Riksbank certificate sale26.5.2020 10:15:00 CEST | Press release
CERTIFICATE MATURITY200603 FIXED RATE0.00 %OFFERED VOLUME380.000 BLNTOTAL BID AMOUNT1322.350 BLNACCEPTED VOLUME 380.000 BLN PERCENTAGE ALLOTTED 28.7370 %NUMBER OF BIDS14 DEPOSIT RATE-0.10 %LENDING RATE0.20 %
CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF RIKSBANK CERTIFICATES MAY 26, 202026.5.2020 09:30:00 CEST | Press release
AUCTION DATE:MAY 26, 2020START DATE:MAY 27, 2020MATURITY DATE:JUN 3, 2020NOMINAL AMOUNT:380.0 BLNFIXED RATE:0.00 % PROJECTED LIQUIDITY SURPLUS FOR THE PERIOD MAY 27 - JUN 3 2020: 738.5 BLN SEK. AT FULL ALLOTMENT EXCESS LIQUIDITY WILL AMOUNT TO APPROXIMATELY 358.5 BLN SEK FOR THE PERIOD MAY 27 - JUN 3 2020. ALL MONETARY POLICY COUNTERPARTIES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT BIDS TO THE RIKSBANK (08-6966970) BY 10.00 AM ON MAY 26 2020, AT THE LATEST. CONFIRMATION OF BIDS TO E-MAIL: RBCERT@riksbank.se THE LOWEST ACCEPTED BID VOLUME IS SEK 1 MLN. THE HIGHEST ACCEPTED BID VOLUME IS SEK 380.0 BLN. RESULT OF AUCTION WILL BE PUBLISHED AT 10.15 (CEST) ON MAY 26, 2020. COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAN BE RETRIEVED AT WWW.RIKSBANK.SE
ZetaDisplay launches technology partnership with Kastus26.5.2020 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
Malmö –ZetaDisplay AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: ZETA) is launching a new partnership with Irish company Kastus® to provide its patented antimicrobial surface-coating technology . The new technology developed by Kastus® and soon to be integrated into the ZetaDisplay product portfolio has proven to be effective against surface bacteria on treated surfaces and can be applied to touchscreens and displays where multiple users will be sharing screens. Independent studies have shown that up to 99.99 per cent of surface bacteria and fungi including antibiotic-resistant superbugs such as MRSA and E. coli were blocked. Chief Commercial Officer of ZetaDisplay Laila Hede Jensen explains: “We are beginning to deploy solutions globally which are enabling retailers, offices and other shared spaces to mitigate risk for the teams and customers using them. A big area of concern are touchscreens and how they are better protected against transmitting surface bacteria. This new partnership enables us to re
ZetaDisplay lanserar teknologi partnerskap med Kastus26.5.2020 09:00:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Malmö –ZetaDisplay AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: ZETA) lanserar ett nytt partnerskap med det irländska företaget Kastus® för att tillhandahålla dess patenterade antimikrobiella ytbeläggningsteknik. Den nya tekniken som utvecklats av Kastus® och snart kommer att integreras i ZetaDisplays produktportfölj har visat sig vara effektiv mot bakterier på ytor och kan appliceras på pekskärmar och displayer där flera användare kommer att dela dessa. Oberoende studier har visat upp till 99,99 procent av bakterierna och svampar inklusive antibiotikaresistenta superbakterier som MRSA och E. coli blev blockerade på skärmen. Laila Hede Jensen, Chief Commercial Officer för ZetaDisplay, förklarar: "Vi är i startgropen för att distribuera lösningen globalt som gör det möjligt för handeln, kontor och andra offentliga platser att minska riskerna för medarbetare och besökare som använder dessa lokaler. Ett stort problemområde är pekskärmar och hur de kan skyddas bättre mot överföring av bakterier. Detta nya