Interim Report - January-September 2022
STOCKHOLM – 18November2022. Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) today publishes its Interim Report-January-September 2022.The full report is available on the Company's website.
“The ability of our portfolio companies, AnaCardio and Umecrine Cognition, to complete funding rounds for SEK 150 million and SEK 41 million, respectively – given the prevailing gloomy market climate – is a sign of strength and underlines the innovative excellence of their development projects”, says Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development.
Significant events during the thirdquarter
- Karolinska Development has completed the previously announced investment in PharmNovo, thereby including it among its portfolio companies. As of July 4, Karolinska Development’s investment portfolio consists of ten companies (July 2022).
- The portfolio company Promimic announced that they and the US-based company Danco Medical formed a joint venture for the Processing of Medical Implants in the US market. The strategic initiative is expected to have a major impact on Promimic’s growth and profitability as early as next year (July 2022).
- The Board of Directors of the portfolio company Umecrine Cognition has recruited Anders Karlsson as the new CEO. He succeeds Magnus Doverskog, who moves on to a position as Chief Scientific Officer in the company. The recruitment aims to strengthen and broaden the management team with additional competence in business development and commercialization for the next phase in the company’s development. Anders Karlsson took over as CEO on 1st of September 2022 (August 2022).
- The portfolio company PharmNovo has initiated the clinical phase 1 program with PN-6047, a candidate drug developed as a potential treatment of nerve pain (August 2022).
- The portfolio company Modus Therapeutics’ collaborator Imperial College,London has included the first patient in the phase 1 clinical study SEVUSMART, which aims to evaluate the drug candidate sevuparin in pediatric patients with severe malaria (September 2022).
- Karolinska Development announced that the company has recruited Hans Christopher “HC” Toll to the position of Chief Financial Officer. He joined the company on October 1, 2022, and succeeded Per Aniansson, who has transitioned into a full-time position as Investment Director (September 2022).
- The portfolio company AnaCardio has completed a series A investment round of SEK 150 million from a group of long-term and reputable investors, including Flerie Invest, Industrifonden and 3B Health Ventures. The successful financing means a clear external validation of the potential of the company’s drug candidate AC01, which will shortly be evaluated in a clinical phase 1b/2a study in patients with heart failure (September 2022).
- The portfolio company Umecrine Cognition has secured funding of SEK 41 million for the start of a Phase 2 study of the drug candidate golexanolone in primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a condition that occurs when the bile ducts in the liver are slowly destroyed. The financing is being implemented as a convertible loan with attached share options. Karolinska Development is investing SEK 15 million as part of an investor consortium that includes, among others, AB Ility. The dilutive effect of the transaction resulted in a negative earnings effect of SEK 49 million (7.7%) for Karolinska Development in the third quarter of 2022 (September 2022).
- The portfolio company Modus Therapeutics has completed the recruitment to its clinical phase 1b study of sevuparin, where the company’s lead asset sevuparin is being evaluated in a model of sepsis and septic shock, preparing for the first patient studies in sepsis (September 2022).
- The portfolio company Umecrine Cognition has presented new preclinical results that provide further support for the company's most advanced drug candidate golexanolone in the treatment of the rare autoimmune disease primary biliary cholangitis (PBC). Study data show that golexanolone has a significant positive effect on extreme fatigue in a validated test model. Umecrine Cognition plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical trial of golexanolone in patients suffering from PBC in the near future (September 2022).
Significant post-period events
- Karolinska Development announced its participation in a seed financing of Henlez, a privately owned Danish company focusing on a development project directed towards the chronic dermatological condition hidradenitis suppurativa. The global market for treatments of hidradenitis suppurativa is projected to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2028 (October 2022).
- The net profit/loss for the third quarter was SEK -46.6 million (SEK -1.2 million in the third quarter of 2021). Earnings per share totaled SEK -0.17. (SEK -0.01 in the third quarter of 2021). Net profit/loss for the period January – September 2022 amounted to SEK -98.1 (190.3) million.
- The result of the Change in fair value of shares in portfolio companies for the third quarter amounted to SEK -50.3 million (SEK 27.5 in the third quarter of 2021). The result is largely due to the dilutive effect of the financing round in Umecrine Cognition but also the downturn in share price in the listed holdings which is owned directly and indirectly via KDev Investments. The dilutive effect of the transaction in Umecrine Cognition has resulted in a negative earnings effect of SEK 49 million. The result of the Change in fair value of shares in portfolio companies for the period January – September 2022 amounted to SEK -91.4 (240.0) million.
- The total fair value of the portfolio was SEK 1,283.4 million at the end of September 2022, corresponding to an increase of SEK 9.1 million from SEK 1,274.2 million at the end of the previous quarter. The net portfolio fair value at that time was SEK 953.0 million, corresponding to an increase of SEK 11.3 million from SEK 941.7 million at the end of the previous quarter. The increase is mainly the net effect of investments during the quarter and the dilutive effect in Umecrine Cognition in connection with the downturn in share price of the listed holdings.
- Net asset value amounted to SEK 1,237.7 million, per share SEK 4.6, at the end of September 2022 (SEK 995.2 million, per share SEK 5.7 at the end of September 2021).
- Net sales totaled SEK 0.5 million during the third quarter of 2022 (SEK 0.5 million during the third quarter of 2021). Net sales for the period January – September 2022 totaled SEK 1.7 (1.7) million.
- Karolinska Development invested a total of SEK 61.8 million in portfolio companies during the third quarter of 2022. Third quarter investments in portfolio companies by Karolinska Development and other specialized life sciences investors totaled SEK 180.6 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents (including short-term investments) decreased by SEK 66.9 million during the third quarter, totaling SEK 207.0 million on 30 September 2022.
The Interim Reportfor Karolinska Development AB for the period January-September 2022 is available as a PDF atwww.karolinskadevelopment.com.
For further information, please contact:
Viktor Drvota, CEO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 73 982 52 02, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hans Christopher “HC” Toll, CFO, Karolinska Development AB
Phone: +46 70 717 00 41, e-mail: email@example.com
TO THE EDITORS
About Karolinska Development AB
Karolinska Development AB (Nasdaq Stockholm: KDEV) is a Nordic life sciences investment company. The company focuses on identifying breakthrough medical innovations in the Nordic region that are developed by entrepreneurs and leadership teams. The Company invests in the creation and growth of companies that advance these assets into commercial products that are designed to make a difference to patients' lives while providing an attractive return on investment to shareholders.
Karolinska Development has access to world-class medical innovations at the Karolinska Institutet and other leading universities and research institutes in the Nordic region. The Company aims to build companies around scientists who are leaders in their fields, supported by experienced management teams and advisers, and co-funded by specialist international investors, to provide the greatest chance of success.
Karolinska Development has established a portfolio of eleven companies targeting opportunities in innovative treatment for life-threatening or serious debilitating diseases.
The Company is led by an entrepreneurial team of investment professionals with a proven track record as company builders and with access to a strong global network.
For more information, please visit www.karolinskadevelopment.com
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Camposol Holding PLC - Invitation to the Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results Presentation26.11.2022 00:03:54 CET | Press release
Camposol Holding PLC will announce its financial results of the third quarter of 2022 on Tuesday, November 29, at 13:00 (GMT -5). The call will be conducted by our CEO, Jose Antonio Gomez - Bazan. Use the following link to register and participate in the call: Participant Registration URL: https://register.vevent.com/register/BI64a53cb1ca2843bdb219d095254b1c94 Participants are advised to log on to the service and check their settings a few minutes before the conference call begins. About CAMPOSOL CAMPOSOL is a multinational company that provides families around the world with fresh and healthy food. We have operations in Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Uruguay, commercial offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, a corporate office in Costa Rica, and trusted relationships with the main supermarkets worldwide, as well as customers in more than 40 countries. We are involved in the harvest, processing, and marketing of high-quality agricultural products such as avocados, blueberries,
Cool Company Ltd. - Granting of Share Options and Restricted Stock Units to Primary Insiders and Mandatory Notifications of Trade25.11.2022 22:42:08 CET | Press release
Bermuda, November 25, 2022: Reference is made to the stock exchange notice from Cool Company Ltd. (“CoolCo” or the “Company”) on November 25, 2022 announcing that the board of directors of the Company (the “Board”) had resolved to implement a long-term incentive program for employees, management and board members of the Company and its affiliates (the "LTIP"). Pursuant to the LTIP, the Board has resolved to grant options over a total number of 1,237,423 shares and 115,000 restricted stock units to employees, management and board members of the Company (equivalent to approximately 2.25% and 0.2% of the Company's share capital, respectively), of which 11,507 restricted stock units and options over a total number of 742,454 shares were granted to primary insiders of the Company (equivalent to approximately 0.02% and 1.38% of the Company's share capital, respectively). Each share option, when exercised, carries the right to acquire one share in CoolCo, giving the right to acquire up to in
Cool Company Ltd. - Approval of Long-Term Incentive Plan25.11.2022 20:13:34 CET | Press release
Bermuda, November 25, 2022: The board of directors (the “Board”) of Cool Company Ltd. (“CoolCo” or the “Company”) has resolved to implement a long-term incentive plan (the “LTIP”) for employees, management and board members of the Company and its affiliates. The overall purpose of the LTIP is to promote the success of the Company for the benefit of its shareholders, by providing a framework for the retention and incentivization of employees using the Company’s equity and thereby aligning their interests with the Company and its affiliates. The LTIP provides for the grant of equity awards, with the intention being for the initial awards to be granted as options (“Options”) and restricted stock units (the “RSUs”), as further detailed below. Shares used under the LTIP are expected to be covered by the Board's authorization to issue authorized and unissued shares in connection with a grant of warrants, options or other securities with rights to convert such securities into shares of the Co
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ) publishes the final outcome of the rights issue25.11.2022 20:10:00 CET | Press release
NOT FOR RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES (INCLUDING ITS TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, CANADA, HONG KONG, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE OR SOUTH AFRICA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH THE RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL OR REQUIRE REGISTRATION OR ANY OTHER MEASURE IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. OTHER RESTRICTIONS ARE APPLICABLE. PLEASE SEE THE SECTION "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" AT THE END OF THE PRESS RELEASE. The final outcome in Fingerprint Cards AB’s (publ) (“Fingerprints” or the “Company”) SEK 300 million rights issue of B-units (“B-units”), consisting of new B-shares and warrants (the “Fully Guaranteed Rights Issue”) shows that 16,851,001 B-units, corresponding to approximately 84.9 per cent of the B-units offered, have been subscribed for with support of unit subscription rights. The remaining 2,987,938 B-units have been subscribed for without support of unit subscription rights, corres
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ) offentliggör slutligt utfall i företrädesemissionen25.11.2022 20:10:00 CET | Pressemelding
EJ FÖR OFFENTLIGGÖRANDE, PUBLICERING ELLER DISTRIBUTION, DIREKT ELLER INDIREKT, INOM ELLER TILL USA (INKLUSIVE DESS TERRIRTORIER OCH BESITTNINGAR), AUSTRALIEN, JAPAN, KANADA, HONGKONG, NYA ZEELAND, SINGAPORE ELLER SYDAFRIKA ELLER NÅGON ANNAN JURISDIKTION DÄR DISTRIBUTION ELLER OFFENTLIGGÖRANDE SKULLE VARA OLAGLIGT ELLER KRÄVA REGISTERING ELLER ANDRA ÅTGÄRDER ENLIGT GÄLLANDE LAG. ANDRA RESTRIKTIONER ÄR TILLÄMPLIGA. VÄNLIGEN SE AVSNITTET "VIKTIG INFORMATION" I SLUTET AV DETTA PRESSMEDDELANDE. Det slutliga utfallet i Fingerprint Cards AB:s (publ) (“Fingerprints” eller “Bolaget”) företrädesemission av B-units om 300 miljoner kronor (”B-units”), bestående av nya B-aktier och teckningsoptioner (den ”Fullt Garanterade Företrädesemissionen”) visar att 16 851 001 B-units, motsvarande cirka 84,9 procent av erbjudna B-units, har tecknats med stöd av uniträtter. Återstående 2 987 938 B-units tecknades utan stöd av uniträtter, motsvarande cirka 15,1 procent av erbjudna B-units. Tillsammans utgör te