Idorsia’s new treatment QUVIVIQ (daridorexant) is now available in the US for adults living with insomnia
- In the US, QUVIVIQ™ (daridorexant) CIV 25 mg and 50 mg tablets are indicated for the treatment of adult patients with insomnia, characterized by difficulties with sleep onset and/or sleep maintenance1
- QUVIVIQ becomes Idorsia’s first commercial product in the United States, now available to help American adults who suffer from insomnia
Allschwil, Switzerland & Radnor, PA, US– May2, 2022
Idorsia Ltd (SIX: IDIA) & Idorsia Pharmaceuticals, US Inc. today announced that QUVIVIQ™ (daridorexant) CIV 25 mg and 50 mg tablets are now commercially available for adult patients with insomnia, which is characterized by trouble with falling or staying asleep.
Insomnia is a condition of overactive brain activity during sleep, and studies have shown that areas of the brain associated with wakefulness remain more active during sleep in patients with insomnia. Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder, affecting more than 25 million adults in the US.2 Poor quality or insufficient sleep can affect many aspects of the daily lives of people with trouble sleeping including the ability to concentrate, mood and energy levels.4 In the long-term, insomnia is associated with numerous serious health conditions, such as psychiatric disorders, cardiovascular disease, substance abuse and dementia.5,6,7
QUVIVIQ is a dual orexin receptor antagonist, which blocks the binding of the wake-promoting neuropeptides orexins and is thought to turn down overactive wakefulness in insomnia.3 QUVIVIQ is recommended once per night, taken orally within 30 minutes before going to bed, with at least seven hours remaining prior to planned awakening.
Patricia Torr, President and General Manager of Idorsia US, commented:
“After years dedicated to researching the science of sleep and the orexin system, today is a momentous milestone for Idorsia, as the company’s first product in the U.S. is now available to patients.”
To learn more about QUVIVIQ, visit QUVIVIQ.com. For more information see the Full Prescribing Information (PI and Medication Guide).
QUVIVIQ is a prescription medicine for adults who have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep (insomnia).
Important Safety Information
Do nottake QUVIVIQ if you fall asleep often at unexpected times (narcolepsy).
QUVIVIQ may cause serious side effects, including:
- Decreased awareness and alertness. The morning after you take QUVIVIQ, your ability to drive safely and think clearly may be decreased. You may also have sleepiness during the day.
- Do not take more QUVIVIQ than prescribed.
- Do not take QUVIVIQ unless you are able to stay in bed for at least 7 hours before you must be active again.
- Take QUVIVIQ at night within 30 minutes before going to bed.
QUVIVIQ is a federally controlled substance because it can be abused or lead to dependence.
Before taking QUVIVIQ, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts or actions; drug or alcohol abuse or addiction; a sudden onset of muscle weakness (cataplexy); daytime sleepiness
- have lung or breathing problems, including sleep apnea
- have liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Taking QUVIVIQ with certain medicines can cause serious side effects. QUVIVIQ may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect the way QUVIVIQ works.
- Do not take QUVIVIQ with other medicines that can make you sleepy unless instructed by your healthcare provider.
What should I avoid while taking QUVIVIQ?
- Do not drink alcohol while taking QUVIVIQ. It can increase the effects of alcohol, which can be dangerous.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, do anything dangerous, or do other activities that require clear thinking if you do not feel fully awake, or you have taken QUVIVIQ and have less than a full night of sleep (at least 7 hours), or if you have taken more QUVIVIQ than prescribed.
QUVIVIQ may cause other serious side effects, including:
- Worsening depression and suicidal thoughts. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any worsening depression or thoughts of suicide or dying.
- Temporary inability to move or talk (sleep paralysis) for up to several minutes, or hallucinations while you are going to sleep or waking up.
- Complex sleep behaviors such as sleep-walking, sleep-driving, preparing and eating food, making phone calls, having sex or doing other activities while not fully awake that you may not remember the next morning. Stop taking QUVIVIQ and call your healthcare provider right away if you experience a complex sleep behavior.
The most common side effects of QUVIVIQ are headache and sleepiness.
These are not the only side effects of QUVIVIQ. Call your doctor for advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Notes to the editor
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5®), insomnia is defined as a combination of difficulty obtaining sufficient sleep and dissatisfaction with sleep combined with a significant negative impact on daytime functioning. Chronic insomnia is defined as difficulty initiating and/or maintaining sleep on at least three nights per week for at least three months, despite adequate opportunity to sleep.
Insomnia is a condition of overactive brain activity during sleep, and studies have shown that areas of the brain associated with wakefulness remain more active during sleep in patients with insomnia.
Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder, affecting more than 25 million adults in the US.2 Poor quality or insufficient sleep can affect many aspects of the daily lives of people with trouble sleeping including the ability to concentrate, mood and energy levels.4 In the long-term, insomnia is associated with numerous serious health conditions, such as psychiatric disorders, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, substance abuse and dementia.5,6,7
- QUVIVIQ Prescribing Information. Idorsia Pharmaceuticals US Inc. Jan/2022
- Bhaskar S, Hemavathy D, Prasad S. Prevalence of chronic insomnia in adult patients and its correlation with medical comorbidities. J Family Med Prim Care. 2016;5(4):780-784. doi:10.4103/2249-4863.201153.
- Mignot E, et al. Lancet Neurol. 2022; 21: 125–39
- Roth T. Insomnia: Definition, prevalence, etiology, and consequences. J. Clin. Sleep Med. 2007;15((Suppl. S5)):S7–S10. doi: 10.5664/jcsm.26929.
- Olfson M, Wall M, Liu SM, Morin CM, Blanco C. Insomnia and Impaired Quality of Life in the United States. J Clin Psychiatry. 2018 Sep 11;79(5):17m12020. doi: 10.4088/JCP.17m12020.
- Doghramji K. The epidemiology and diagnosis of insomnia. Am J Manag Care. 2006 May;12(8 Suppl): S214-20. PMID: 16686591.
- de Almondes KM, Costa MV, Malloy-Diniz LF, Diniz BS. Insomnia and risk of dementia in older adults: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Psychiatr Res. 2016 Jun;77:109-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2016.02.021. Epub 2016 Mar 8. PMID: 27017287.
About Idorsia US
Idorsia U.S., an affiliate of Idorsia, is reaching out for more – we have more ideas, we see more opportunities, and we want to help more patients. To achieve this, we will help develop Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core. With commercial operations based outside of Philadelphia, PA, one of densest communities of life sciences talent in the world, we are helping to realize the company’s ambition of bringing innovative medicines from bench to bedside. Our goal is to build a commercial footprint that will deliver Idorsia’s deep pipeline of products from its R&D engine to the U.S. market – with the potential to change the lives of many patients.
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more – We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients. In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered near Basel, Switzerland – a European biotech-hub – Idorsia is specialized in the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecules to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team of professionals covering all disciplines from bench to bedside, state-of-the-art facilities, and a strong balance sheet – the ideal constellation to translate R&D efforts into business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 1,200 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
For further information, please contact
Senior Director, US Head of Communications
Idorsia Pharmaceuticals US, 100 Matsonford Road, Radnor, PA 19087
+1 (215) 421 4887
firstname.lastname@example.org ∙ www.idorsia.us
Global Investors & Media
Andrew C. Weiss
Senior Vice President, Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Hegenheimermattweg 91, CH-4123 Allschwil
+41 58 844 10 10
email@example.com ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org ∙ www.idorsia.com
The above information contains certain "forward-looking statements", relating to the company's business, which can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "estimates", "believes", "expects", "may", "are expected to", "will", "will continue", "should", "would be", "seeks", "pending" or "anticipates" or similar expressions, or by discussions of strategy, plans or intentions. Such statements include descriptions of the company's investment and research and development programs and anticipated expenditures in connection therewith, descriptions of new products expected to be introduced by the company and anticipated customer demand for such products and products in the company's existing portfolio. Such statements reflect the current views of the company with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the company to be materially different from any future results, performances or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Nextensa NV/SA : Shares repurchase26.5.2022 17:40:00 CEST | Press release
PRESS RELEASE REGULATED INFORMATION Brussels, 26 May 2022 – 5.40 PM CEST Nextensa NV/SA : Shares repurchase In accordance with article 8:4 of the Royal Decree of 29 April 2019 in execution of the Belgian Code of Companies and Associations, Nextensa announces that in the period between May 19, 2022 and May 25, 2022 included it has repurchased 1,889 treasury shares on Euronext Brussels as part of its announced share buy-back program1. The shares were repurchased at an average price (rounded) of € 68.00 per share. This share repurchase transaction was carried out to cover the purchase plans for the benefit of the executive management of Nextensa, and this within the limits set down in the (renewed) share repurchase authorization as granted by the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders on 19 July 2021. Detailed operations per day DateNumber of sharesAverage price (€)Minimum price (€)Maximum price (€)Total price (€)19/05/202245067.8667.7067.9030,535.0020/05/202245068.4868.4068.9030,8
Notification of Transactions of Directors/Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility and Connected Persons26.5.2022 15:00:33 CEST | Press release
26 May 2022 VOLTA FINANCE LIMITED (VTA / VTAS) Notification of Transactions of Directors/Persons Discharging Managerial Responsibility and Connected Persons On 24 May 2022, Mr Paul Meader, Director and Chairman of the Board of the Company, transferred 3,130 shares in the Company to his wife, Sarah Kingwell. Following this transaction the total interests in the Company of Mr Meader (and his Closely Associated Persons) remain unchanged at 48,175 shares, representing 0.13% of the issued shares in the Company. The below notification, made in accordance with the requirements of article 19.3 of the EU Market Abuse Regulation, gives further details: 1 Details of the person discharging managerial responsibilities / person closely associated a) Name 1) Paul Meader 2) Sarah Kingwell 2 Reason for the notification a) Position/status 1) Director and Chairman 2) PCA b) Initial notification /Amendment Initial Notification 3 Details of the issuer, emission allowance market participant, auction platfor
Mandalay Resources Corporation tillkännager resultatet av årsstämman26.5.2022 14:41:34 CEST | Pressemelding
TORONTO, May 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mandalay Resources Corporation (”Mandalay” eller ”bolaget”) (TSX: MND, OTCQB: MNDJF) har nöjet att tillkännage resultaten från årsstämman (”mötet”) som hölls virtuellt idag. Alla resolutioner som presenterades vid mötet godkändes av aktieägarna och röstningen som skedde genom fullmakt motsvarade 67,63 % av de totalt utestående aktierna på avstämningsdagen. Val av styrelseledamöter Antalet styrelseledamöter var oförändrat med sju ledamöter och var och en av de sju nominerade som fanns listade i bolagsledningens informationsutskick från den 14 april 2022 återvaldes till bolagsstyrelsen. Abraham Jonker fortsätter som oberoende samordnande ledamot och Bradford Mills fortsätter som ordförande. Resultaten av rösterna genom ombud anges nedan. ResolutionVotes Cast by Proxy For% ForVotes Cast by Proxy Withheld% WithheldBradford A. Mills61,552,12099.95329,1930.047Abraham Jonker61,551,31399.95130,0000.049Amy Freedman61,547,53899.94533,7750.055Dominic Duff
Interim results for the period ended March 31, 202226.5.2022 13:30:47 CEST | Press release
Golar LNG Limited ("Golar" or "the Company") reports Q1 2022 ("Q1") Net income of $345.2 million.Adjusted EBITDA1 of $93.4 million for the quarter inclusive of FLNG Hilli, Golar Arctic and Golar Tundra but excluding the 8 TFDE vessels and management companies sold to Cool Company Ltd. ("CoolCo"). Sold 6.2 million New Fortress Energy Inc. ("NFE") shares in Q2 2022 ("Q2") realizing net cash proceeds of $253 million. Golar now owns 12.4 millionNFE shares following the sale.Q1 Total Golar Cash and Listed Securities1 position increased by $0.4 billion to $1.3 billion. Golar's share of Contractual Debt1 decreased by $0.5 billion to $1.7 billion in Q1 and a further $0.5 billion in Q2 after sale of remaining carriers to CoolCo in April.Agreed to sell the steam turbine carrier Golar Arctic as a converted FSRU to Italy's Snam for 269 million Euros ($288 million). Strong progress made on opportunities for FSRU Golar Tundra and on pipeline of FLNG projects. Shipping spin-off: A key focus for Q1 wa
Dante Labs highlights advancements to its drug discovery development program, demonstrating the value of genomic data to drug discovery26.5.2022 13:30:00 CEST | Press release
– Company announces rebranding to Dante Genomics to reflect its broader global efforts – NEW YORK, May 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dante Genomics, a global leader in genomics and precision medicine, highlights significant progress made in its drug discovery development program with six drug candidates currently in the Company’s pipeline, applying Dante’s internal siRNA and mRNA technology to rare and common diseases. Since the company’s foundation, Dante has invested in a robust R&D program with the goal to create end-to-end solutions from diagnosis to therapy. Dante’s program began with a focus on rare disease, in response to a diagnosis of a patient with a rare disease for which there were no treatment therapies. Dante’s pipeline has evolved across multiple disease areas with four drug programs in full internal development and two in co-development to achieve validation and partner externally on clinical trials and commercialization. “Personalized medicine needs personalized data, a