Hexagon Purus ASA: Results for the first quarter 2022
Hexagon Purus delivered robust year-over-year revenue growth in Q1 2022 coupled with strong commercial momentum across the business.
Q1 2022 highlights:
- Revenue grew 209% year-over-year to NOK 159 million, including NOK 107 million contribution from Wystrach. Organic revenue on a standalone basis (i.e., as if Wystrach were an external customer in Q1 2022) was NOK 84 million, representing organic year-over-year growth of approximately 63%
- Signed a long-term binding letter of intent with Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S. and nominated by another leading, established commercial truck OEM to provide battery systems for serial production planned from 2024
- Signed investment agreements together with JV partner CIMC Enric for construction of a joint production facility in Shijiazhuang and New Energy R&D management center in Beijing Daxing District International Hydrogen Development Zone
- Successfully completed a private placement resulting in gross proceeds of NOK 600 million
In the first quarter of 2022, Hexagon Purus Group (“the Company”) generated NOK 159 (52) million in revenue and recorded operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK -93 (-62) million. Revenue growth of 209% was driven primarily by continued strength in hydrogen distribution as well as the acquisition of Wystrach which contributed NOK 107 million in sales and NOK 7.7 million in EBITDA.
Continued investments in personnel and infrastructure to support and accelerate Hexagon Purus' future growth drive negative profitability.
Key developments after balance sheet date:
- Entered into an agreement to acquire 40% of Cryoshelter’s liquid hydrogen business. The transaction is in conjunction with Hexagon Composites’ acquisition of a 40% stake in Cryoshelter’s liquid natural gas (LNG) business. Cryoshelter’s liquid hydrogen tank technology is in the early stage of development and builds on superior and differentiated LNG technology that provides more fuel capacity and longer hold times (a critical requirement for cryogenic storage) than competing offerings. The transaction brings early-stage expertise in liquid hydrogen tank technology for zero emission mobility applications and could potentially result in a future complementary offering to Hexagon Purus’s market leading compressed hydrogen cylinder technology
- Received an order worth EUR 1.5 million for hydrogen distribution systems from a leading global industrial gas company
- Signed a 15-year lease for a new hydrogen cylinder production and office facility in Kassel, Germany, expected to be ready for move in the second half of 2023
- CIMC-HEXAGON signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Bravo Transport Services to develop hydrogen storage cylinder systems for hydrogen fuel-cell double decker buses in Hong Kong. The initial scope of the MoU is for CIMC-HEXAGON to provide a Type 4 hydrogen storage cylinder system for the first fuel-cell double decker bus in Hong Kong with scheduled delivery in July 2022
- Hexagon Purus Maritime, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hexagon Purus, has received its inaugural order for cylinders to be used in onboard storage of hydrogen in maritime vessels with scheduled delivery in Q4 2022
Presentation of the results and inaugural Capital Markets Day:
Hexagon Purus will present the Q1 2022 results in conjunction with the Company’s inaugural Capital Markets Day from 09.00 CET to 12.00 CET.
To attend the event, please register here.
The presentations will be held in English and be virtual. Recordings of the presentations will be made available on www.hexagonpurus.com.
For more information:
Mathias Meidell, IR Director, Hexagon Purus ASA
Telephone: +47 909 82 242 | email@example.com
Dilip Warrier, CFO, Hexagon Purus ASA
Telephone: +1 949-236-5528 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hexagon Purus ASA
Hexagon Purus, a Hexagon Composites company, is a world leading provider of hydrogen type 4 high-pressure cylinders, battery packs and vehicle systems integration for fuel cell electric and battery electric vehicles. Hexagon Purus enables zero emission solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, ground storage, distribution, maritime, rail and aerospace applications.
Learn more at www.hexagonpurus.com and follow @HexagonPurus on Twitter and LinkedIn.
AttachmentsTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
FRO – Private acquisitions of Euronav shares in exchange for Frontline shares completed28.5.2022 12:01:09 CEST | Press release
FRO – Private acquisitions of Euronav shares in exchange for Frontline shares completed Frontline Ltd. (“Frontline” or the "Company") (NYSE: FRO – OSE: FRO) announces that it has agreed to acquire a total of 5,955,705 shares in Euronav N.V. (NYSE: EURN & Euronext: EURN) (“Euronav”) representing 2.95% of the outstanding shares in privately negotiated share exchange transactions with certain shareholders of Euronav N.V. where such shareholders of Euronav N.V. receive consideration shares in Frontline. Frontline will issue a total of 8,337,986 new shares as a result of these transactions, equivalent to an exchange ratio of 1.4. Frontline will be entitled to the declared USD 0,06 dividend to be paid by Euronav on the acquired shares on 8 June 2022. Settlement is expected to take place on or about 1 June 2022 by delivery of existing shares through a share lending arrangement with Frontline's main shareholder Hemen Holding Ltd. Following completion of the issue of the new Frontline shares, F
FDA approves Novartis Kymriah® CAR-T cell therapy for adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma28.5.2022 00:58:29 CEST | Press release
68% of patients receiving Kymriah in the ELARA trial experienced complete response, with an 86% overall response rate, along with a remarkable safety profile1 Sustained clinical benefit from Kymriah treatment demonstrated – of patients who achieved a complete response, 85% were still in response at 12 months1 Kymriah can be administered in the outpatient setting, offering increased flexibility and potentially reducing the burden of therapy for patients and their care teams1,2 Kymriah is now FDA approved in three indications and remains the only CAR-T cell therapy approved in both adult and pediatric settings1 Basel, May 28, 2022 — Novartis today announced the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted accelerated approval for Kymriah® (tisagenlecleucel) for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory (r/r) follicular lymphoma (FL) after two or more lines of systemic therapy. In accordance with the Accelerated Approval Program, continued approval for this indicati
ObsEva Announces Corporate Updates27.5.2022 22:01:00 CEST | Press release
Ad hoc announcement pursuant to Art. 53 LR of the SIX Swiss Exchange GENEVA, Switzerland– May 27, 2022 – ObsEva SA (NASDAQ: OBSV; SIX: OBSN), a biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing novel therapies for women’s health, announced today that it has entered into a waiver and amendment agreement (Amendment Agreement) with respect to its amended and restated securities purchase agreement (Securities Purchase Agreement) with certain funds and accounts managed by JGB Management, Inc. (JGB), which is structured to provide up to $135 million in borrowing capacity, available in nine tranches. The third tranche under the Securities Purchase Agreement was due to be funded on May 25, 2022. However, the tranche has not been funded as a result of ObsEva not meeting the funding condition that its volume-weighted average share price would not trade below $3.00 per share for five or more trading days during the 30 days prior to the funding date for the third tranche. Pursuant to the Am
CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASES OF CORPORATE BONDS27.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Bid procedure, 2022-06-01BondsBonds issued in SEK by Swedish non-financial undertakings. The following bonds are eligible for delivery: HEMSO FASTIGHETS AB: XS2173253407, 2025-05-13 HEMSO FASTIGHETS AB: XS2269194572, 2023-12-07 VASAKRONAN AB: SE0010599183, 2023-12-20 VASAKRONAN AB: XS2391917205, 2025-03-28 ESSITY AB: XS2355204608, 2025-01-17 SCANIA CV AB: XS2297918349, 2023-11-11 SCANIA CV AB: XS2382157571, 2024-09-02 ELECTROLUX AB: XS2152294679, 2023-04-06 ELECTROLUX AB: XS1969611943, 2024-03-27 Delivery of a Bond may not occur if the Counterparty has purchased the Bond from the issuer more recently than one month prior to the date of announcement of the Special terms, that is, the purchase may not have taken place after: 2022-04-27Bid date2022-06-01Bid times10.30-11.30 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)XS2173253407: 30 mln SEK +/-30 mln SEK XS2269194572: 30 mln SEK +/-30 mln SEK SE0010599183: 30 mln SEK +/-30 mln SEK XS2391917205: 30 mln SEK +/-
CONDITIONS FOR RIKSBANK REVERSED AUCTIONS SEK GOVERNMENT BONDS27.5.2022 16:20:00 CEST | Press release
Bid procedure, 2022-06-03BondsSWEDEN I/L BOND: 3113. SE0009548704. 2027-12-01 SWEDEN I/L BOND: 3114, SE0013748258, 2030-06-01 Bid date2022-06-03Bid times09.00-10.00 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateRequested volume (corresponding nominal amount)3113: 250 mln SEK +/-125 mln SEK 3114: 250 mln SEK +/-125 mln SEK Highest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)3113: 250 mln SEK per bid 3114: 250 mln SEK per bid Lowest permitted bid volume (corresponding nominal amount)SEK 50 million per bidExpected allocation timeNot later than 10.15 (CET/CEST) on the Bid dateDelivery and payment date2022-06-08Delivery of bondsTo the Riksbank's account in Euroclear Sweden AB's securities settlement system 1 4948 6383 Stockholm, 2022-05-27 This is a translation of the special terms and conditions published on www.riksbank.se. In the case of any inconsistency between the English translation and the Swedish language version, the Swedish language version shall prevail. Complete terms and conditions can be