Hexagon Composites ASA: Results for the second quarter and first half year 2020
In the second quarter of 2020, Hexagon Group generated NOK 683 (882) million in revenues and recorded an operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK 19 (62) million. Profitability was reduced by the impacts of the global pandemic and resulting macro factors, particularly in Agility Fuel Solutions and Hexagon Mobile Pipeline businesses. Hexagon Ragasco experienced a strong quarter.
The first half of 2020 provided revenues of NOK 1,508 (1,704) million and an operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK 56 (212) million. The 2019 comparative EBITDA included overall positive impacts related to the Agility Fuel Solutions transaction of NOK 62 million, in the first quarter of that year.
The financial impacts of COVID-19 were most apparent in the second quarter, especially impacting transit bus demand in North America and Europe following temporary manufacturing shutdowns of several leading OEM companies. For more detail on the Company’s risks, responses, impacts and resilience in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, please refer to The Outlook section and the company presentation accompanying this report.
- The company announced the signing of a term sheet for a strategic cooperation and joint venture agreement with CIMC ENRIC, a leading Chinese manufacturer of energy equipment
- Hexagon Purus was awarded a contract with sales value of USD 1 million (approximately NOK 9 million) to supply hydrogen systems to Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) for its newest prototype hydrogen-powered heavy-duty fuel cell electric truck
- Hexagon Mobile Pipeline® received a USD 7.3 million (approx. NOK 70.2 million) contract for TITAN® 53 transport modules for virtual interconnect projects providing natural gas to communities and industries in the U.S.
- Agility Fuel Solutions signed a master services agreement, including an initial order for USD 2.2 million (approx. NOK 20.5 million), with a new major global logistics customer to deliver CNG fuel systems for medium and heavy-duty trucks
Other important events in the first half of 2020
- Hexagon Mobile Pipeline® was awarded an order for TITAN® XL modules for USD 1.7 million (approx. NOK 18 million) from a leading gas distributor in Mexico
- Hexagon Mobile Pipeline® was also awarded an order for X-STORE® modules to transport Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) from the production site to the gas grid in the U.K.
- Agility Fuel Solutions was awarded an order for USD 10 million (approx. NOK 105 million) in the U.S. to deliver transit bus compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel storage systems
- Hexagon successfully executed group wide contingency plans to manage potential own production, supplier and customer disruptions due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Hexagon Purus was awarded an order from Everfuel to deliver new generation X-STORE modules to transport hydrogen to filling stations for fuel cell electric taxis and buses in Denmark
- After a successful capital increase, Norwegian Hydrogen AS, a consortium including Hexagon, will proceed with plans to develop production of green hydrogen for ferries and cruise ships in the Geirangerfjord
Key developments after balance sheet date
- Hexagon Purus signed a contract for USD 4.8 million (approx. NOK 45 million) with a major US hydrogen fuel supplier and hydrogen refueling station operator to provide X-STORE transport distribution modules
- Hexagon has been granted USD 2.6 million (approx. NOK 24 million) in initial funding, under the U.S Department of Energy’s (DOE) H2@Scale initiative, to research reduction in hydrogen and natural gas storage tank cost
- Hexagon Purus has been awarded a USD 5.2 million (approx. NOK 48 million) contract for high-performance Type 4 pressure vessels to a new major aerospace customer for its launch vehicle
Presentation of the results
Karen Romer, SVP Communications, Hexagon Composites
Telephone: +47 950 74 950 | email@example.com
David Bandele, CFO, Hexagon Composites
Telephone: +47 920 91 483 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hexagon Composites
Hexagon delivers safe and innovative solutions for a cleaner energy future. Our solutions enable storage, transportation, and conversion to clean energy in a wide range of mobility, industrial and consumer applications including light-,medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, ground storage, distribution, marine, rail and backup power solutions.
Learn more at www.hexagongroup.com and follow @HexagonASA on Twitter and LinkedIn.
This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
AND (Ticker: AND.AS) intends to rebrand the company22.9.2020 18:05:00 CEST | Press release
Supporting the turnaround and the new strategic direction of the company Capelle aan den IJssel, the Netherlands, 22 September 2020 - AND is happy to announce that it intends to change the company name and refresh its branding in Q4 2020. This change is designed to highlight the company’s new strategic direction as well as support and strengthen the transformation into a subscription based provider of premium location aware content and services. As announced on August 12th, the turnaround strategy has already delivered 22% revenue growth in the first half of 2020. AND believes the new company name and branding will help to drive continued revenue growth and put location-intelligence squarely at the center of the company’s profile. Further announcements will follow in Q4 2020. Ends About AND AND is an innovative location-aware content and service provider. Our focus is to create and deliver market leading, relevant, innovative and tailored content which fosters a safer and more sustaina
Wolters Kluwer Completes Divestment of ComplyTrack22.9.2020 17:30:00 CEST | Press release
Wolters Kluwer Completes Divestment of ComplyTrack September 22, 2020 - Wolters Kluwer announces today that it has completed the divestment of ComplyTrack to symplr, as originally announced on September 8, 2020. About Wolters Kluwer Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare; tax and accounting; governance, risk and compliance; and legal and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolt
Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 has not been held due to lack of quorum22.9.2020 14:20:00 CEST | Press release
Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 has not been held due to lack of quorum Joint Stock Company “Olainfarm” Management Board informs that for the Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting on September 22, 2020 at 15.00 pm shareholders who in total represented 3 877 425 voting shares or 27.53% of voting capital were registered, therefore shareholders' meeting did not take place due to lack of quorum. Olaine, September 22, 2020 Additional information: Jānis Dubrovskis Investor Relations Advisor of JSC Olainfarm Ph.: +371 29178878 email@example.com
RESOLUTIONS of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of JSC „Olainfarm” to be held on September 22, 202022.9.2020 13:05:00 CEST | Press release
RESOLUTIONS of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of JSC „Olainfarm” to be held on September 22, 2020 Report of the Board on results of operations in 2019. Resolution: To take notice of the Report of the Board of the JSC “Olainfarm” on results of operations in 2019. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Report of the Council on results of operations in 2019. Resolution: To take notice of the Report of the Council of the JSC “Olainfarm” on results of operations in 2019. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Approval of the JSC “Olainfarm” Consolidated Annual Report for 2019. Resolution: To approve the Consolidated and Parent Company’s Annual Report of JSC „Olainfarm” for 2019 with profit in amount of EUR 22 239 000,00. Voting results: decision is taken with the required majority of votes. Distribution of profit of 2019. Resolution: 4.1. To pay dividends to the shareholders of the Joint Stock Company" Olainfarm " i
ProMIS Neurosciences to develop multivalent vaccine for Alzheimer’s disease22.9.2020 12:30:10 CEST | Press release
Potential vaccine to incorporate ProMIS proprietary peptide antigens; early in vivo preclinical data demonstrate neuronal protection and improvement in cognitive deficits TORONTO and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ProMIS Neurosciences, Inc. (TSX: PMN) (OTCQB: ARFXF), a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics targeting toxic oligomers implicated in the development of neurodegenerative diseases, announced today initiation of a program to construct and test a multivalent peptide vaccine for Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The critical first steps in vaccine development will be carried out by VIDO-InterVac, a global leader in vaccine research and development. Recent progress in the development of blood-based biomarkers for neurodegeneration is enabling increased screening to diagnose and identify individuals at risk of developing AD. A vaccine capable of inducing an effective antibody response against amyloid-beta toxic oligom
AIR Worldwide Releases Updated Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Model for China22.9.2020 12:11:10 CEST | Press release
Boston, Sept. 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Catastrophe risk modeling firm AIR Worldwide (AIR) today announced that it released an updated Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) Model for China to support probabilistic assessments for five newly modeled crop lines of business and a newly modeled sub-peril. This update also includes a new livestock module that adds six additional lines of business and two new sub-perils. AIR Worldwide is a Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) business. “In 2011, AIR leveraged its considerable experience and success in modeling MPCI portfolios in the United States to develop a model for mainland China. Since then, the model has been updated several times to keep it current with the fast-changing Chinese agricultural insurance market,” said Dr. Jeff Amthor, assistant vice president, AIR Worldwide. “The MPCI Model for China captures the severity, frequency, and location of drought, flood, wind, frost, and heat events nationwide, covering over 90% of the weather-related crop