Healthy growth and good profitability
AF Gruppen recorded revenues in Q2 of NOK 8,292 million. This is equivalent to revenue growth of 15 per cent compared to the same quarter last year. Profit before tax was NOK 426 million in Q2, corresponding to a profit margin of 5.1%.
Revenues for Q2 totalled NOK 8,292 million (NOK 7,189 million) and amounted to NOK 15,101 million (NOK 13,398 million) for the first half of the year. Profit before tax was NOK 426 million (356 million) in the 2nd quarter and NOK 635 million (602 million) for the first half of the year. This resulted in a profit margin of 5.1% (5.0%) for Q2 and 4.2% (4.5%) for the first half of the year. AF Gruppen had an order backlog of NOK 42,003 million (37,837) at the end of the quarter.
“Good project management and technical expertise in the projects enable us to report good results for the quarter. Our risk management model helps us deliver consistently good results over time. With high energy and raw material prices and global uncertainty, good and goal-oriented project management is more important than ever,” says Amund Tøftum, CEO of AF Gruppen.
AF Gruppen is in a strong financial position. Net operating cash flow was NOK 619 million (529 million) in Q2 2022 and NOK 1 226 million (NOK 734 million) for the first half of the year. As at 30 June 2022, AF Gruppen had net interest-bearing receivables of NOK 145 million (-333 million). Earnings per share amounted to NOK 2.67 (NOK 2.09) in Q2, and NOK 4.07 (NOK 3.65) for the first half of the year.
AF imposes the same strict security requirements on all its partners and suppliers as it does on its own employees. Figures from subcontractors are included in the injury statistics. The LTI rate for Q2 was 1.7 (0.9). For the first six months of 2022 the LTI rate was 1.3 (1.2).
AF works in a systematic and targeted manner in order to avoid work-related absence. Sickness absence in Q2 was 4.1% (4.3 %), and for the first six months of 2022 it was 4.8% (4.7%).
“Active risk management is one of the cornerstones of our business model. We wish to assume operational risk that we can impact and control, and at the same time limit exposure to risk that cannot be affected. We have therefore developed management processes that are well adjusted to the business, and that can provide uniform risk management in all parts of the organisation,” Tøftum says.
Selected highlights from the quarter:
- Revenues in Civil Engineering are high, and the profit margin good. AF Anlegg has three major projects in production, E39 Kristiansand vest–Mandal øst, Bergtunnlar Lovö in Stockholm and E6 Rentvannstunnel in Oslo. The E6 Rentvannstunnel project in Oslo is being carried out as a joint operation with Ghella and started up in Q2. Målselv Maskin & Transport and Consolvo reported very good results during the quarter.
- Construction achieved a growth in revenue of 35% compared to the same quarter last year, but the profit margin for the business area was unsatisfactory. Price developments for raw materials such as steel and wood products have a negative impact on the profitability of the construction units. Haga & Berg and AF Håndverk stood out with excellent results. AF Bygg Oslo, AF Bygg Østfold, Strøm Gundersen Vestfold and Åsane Byggmesterforretning also delivered good results in the quarter.
- Betonmast saw an activity level similar to last year, and delivered weak profitability in the quarter overall. There are great variations in the units’ results, where the units Betonmast Oslo, Romerike, Trøndelag, Røsand and Østfold report good results.
- Property reported a very good result for the quarter after concluding the sale of the hotel and office building Karvesvingen 7 at Hasle in Oslo. Sales contracts for 64 (148) homes were signed in the quarter, of which AF’s share is 29 (70). So far this year, sales contracts have been signed for 121 (270) homes, of which AF’s share is 54 (125). There were eight residential property projects in the production stage at the end of the quarter. A total of 917 units are in production, of which AF’s share is 410. The sales ratio for commenced projects is at 83%.
- Energy and Environment delivered a good result in Q2. AF Decom, the unit that demolishes and sorts various materials for recycling, has somewhat lower activity than last year, but reports very good results. AF Energi reported good results for the second quarter. AF Energi’s business includes designing and supplying energy plants for the delivery of alternative forms of energy to residential and commercial projects, which are favourable in a long-term ownership perspective.
- The Sweden business area increased revenue and profit compared to the same quarter last year. The civil engineering company Kanonaden saw strong revenue growth compared to the same quarter last year, and the unit continues to report good results. AF Härnösand Byggreturer saw very good results in the quarter. The results for the building units are impacted by increased energy and raw material prices, as well as supply challenges in the projects.
- The Offshore business area delivered a very good result in Q2. The good result in the quarter reflects a high level of production and good operations at AF Environmental Base Vats. New demolition campaigns have started up in August.
Amund TøftumCEOTel:+47 920 26 712Amund.Toftum@afgruppen.no
Sverre HæremCFOTel:+47 952 45 email@example.com
About AF Gruppen ASA
AF Gruppen is a leading contracting and industrial group that was formed by an entrepreneurial spirit and execution capabilities. The group has 5,400 employees and revenue reached NOK 27 billion in 2021. AF Gruppen is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange (AFG).
We provide a broad range of services with seven operational business areas: Civil Engineering, Building, Betonmast, Property, Energy and Environment, Sweden and Offshore.
Subscribe to releases from AF Gruppen ASA
Subscribe to all the latest releases from AF Gruppen ASA by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from AF Gruppen ASA
AF Gruppen wins the Stockman Prize for best reporting to the financial markets23.9.2022 10:53:01 CEST | Press release
AF Gruppen has been named as the recipient of the 2022 edition of the Stockman Prize, which is awarded to companies listed in Norway who set themselves apart in the way they provide ongoing updates and engage in their financial reporting.
Major offshore decommissioning project for AF Gruppen21.9.2022 14:56:11 CEST | Press release
AF Gruppen is awarded a contract from TotalEnergies EP Nederland B.V. for the removal and recycling of platforms in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
To build more homes for OBOS at Fornebu2.9.2022 10:41:37 CEST | Press release
AF Gruppen has signed a contract with Storøykilen Utvikling, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OBOS Fornebu, to build block 3 of the Storøykilen residential project at Fornebu in Bærum.
Nominated for contract for new treatment plant in Fredrikstad24.8.2022 09:09:27 CEST | Press release
FREVAR KF has nominated AF Gruppen as design and build contractor with interaction for phase 1 of a new treatment plant in Fredrikstad municipality.
Nominated for contract on new airport in Mo i Rana18.8.2022 16:08:17 CEST | Press release
AF Gruppen has been nominated by Avinor for the turnkey contract with interaction at the new airport in Mo i Rana.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom