Fortinet Introduces New Specialized Cybersecurity Products and Professional Services for Operational Technology Environments
New and enhanced OT security offerings extend the capabilities of the Fortinet Security Fabric, reinforcing Fortinet’s commitment to reducing cybersecurity risk for cyber-physical and industrial control systems
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Operational Technology Security Summit 2023
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“Operational technology environments are more connected to the cloud and their supply chains than ever before, which has created a huge opportunity for cyber attackers. Traditional information security products are not well suited for cyber-physical security. The Fortinet Security Fabric for OT is specifically designed for operational technology, and we’re pleased to introduce additional cyber-physical security capabilities to protect these environments.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global cybersecurity leader driving the convergence of networking and security, today announced new and enhanced products and services for operational technology (OT) environments as an expansion of the Fortinet Security Fabric for OT. Fortinet enables organizations to build a platform of integrated solutions to effectively mitigate cyber risk across OT and IT environments.
The State of OT Security
As more industrial environments increase connectivity with external and internal applications, devices, and corporate IT networks, the attack surface grows exponentially, exposing critical OT assets to increasingly advanced and destructive threats. The 2022 Fortinet State of Operational Technology and Cybersecurity Report found that 93% of organizations had one or more security intrusions in the past year, with 61% of intrusions affecting OT systems. Security breaches have the potential to disrupt critical infrastructure, resources, and services that support everything from local communities to entire nations. Organizations must prioritize securing their OT environments by integrating tools and practices to help alleviate security risks that may arise from lack of visibility and real-time response.
Securing OT Environments with the Fortinet Security Fabric for OT
Highlighting its commitment to OT security, Fortinet has released new and enhanced products and services to help organizations better protect their OT environments. Fortinet’s OT solutions are natively integrated across the Fortinet Security Fabric to seamlessly enable IT/OT convergence and connectivity. This helps improve visibility and real-time response across the entire attack surface and empowers security operations center (SOC) teams to become more efficient and effective in their time to respond across factories, plants, remote locations, and vehicles.
New specialized products include:
- FortiGate 70F Rugged Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) is the latest addition to Fortinet’s rugged portfolio designed for harsh environments and features a new compact design with converged networking and security capabilities on a single processor. The 70F has FortiGuard AI-powered enterprise-grade security services and delivers complete coverage for content, web and device security with dedicated OT and IoT services that are natively integrated with SD-WAN, universal zero trust network access (ZTNA), and LAN edge controllers. 5G support is also available through an integration with FortiExtender.
- FortiDeceptor, Fortinet’s deception technology for early breach detection and attack isolation, is now available as an industrially hardened rugged appliance – the FortiDeceptor Rugged 100G – for harsh industrial environments. FortiDeceptor (both appliance and VM) also provides new OT/IoT/IT decoys to support diverse environments. To combat emerging threats and vulnerabilities, FortiDeceptor also now enables on-demand creation of deception decoys based on newly discovered vulnerabilities, or suspicious activity, providing automated, dynamic protection across OT/IoT/IT environments.
- FortiPAM Privileged Access Management for Secure Remote Access offers enterprise-grade privileged access management for both IT and OT ecosystems. It includes secure remote access to critical assets regulated and monitored through workflow-based access approvals and session video recording. FortiPAM also supports secure file exchange and a password vault to manage all credentials and keep them secret. It supports integration with FortiClient, FortiAuthenticator, and FortiToken to enable ZTNA, single sign-on, and multi-factor authentication.
New enhancements providing SOC teams with faster time to response in OT and IT environments include:
- FortiSIEM unified security analytics dashboards now include event correlation and mapping of security events to the Purdue Model. It also includes built-in parsers for OT security solutions, a MITRE ATT&CK for ICS (industrial control system) dashboard for OT-specific threat analysis, and support for data-diode technologies.
- FortiSOAR now offers features to reduce alert fatigue and enable security automation and orchestration across IT and OT environments. Features include IT/OT dashboards mapped to the Purdue Model hierarchy, OT-specific playbooks for threat remediation, MITRE ATT&CK for ICS for threat analysis, and enhanced integration and connectors for OT threat intelligence.
- FortiGuard Industrial Security Service now includes more than 2,000 application control signatures for OT applications and protocols that support deep packet inspection. The service also includes intrusion prevention signatures for over 500 known ICS vulnerabilities, so vulnerable assets can be virtually patched using FortiGate’s next-generation intrusion prevention system.
New OT specialized assessments and readiness services to stay ahead of threats include:
- Fortinet Cyber Threat Assessment Program (CTAP) for OT validates OT network security effectiveness, application flows, and includes expert guidance, enabling organizations to improve the security posture of their OT environments.
- OT Tabletop Exercises for OT Security Teams are led by FortiGuard Incident Response team facilitators with expertise in threat analysis, mitigation, and incident response. The exercises help OT security teams identify security gaps through a series of real-world OT attack scenarios to test an organization’s incident response plan.
An Integrated Approach to OT Security
Today’s announcement builds on Fortinet’s long-time support for OT customers with solutions specifically designed for cyber-physical security as part of the Fortinet Security Fabric for OT. This includes more than 500 technology integrations with over 300 Fabric-Ready Technology Alliance partners, FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence, and enhanced security operations management as organizations expand their IT/OT network operations center (NOC) and SOC capabilities.
Join Fortinet at the Operational Technology Security Summit
Explore the convergence of cybersecurity across IT and OT networks from the production facility to the board room at the Operational Technology Security Summit, a virtual event happening on March 1, 2023 from 8:30am – 11:30am PT. Register now to learn how to reduce operational risk and increase network and cybersecurity resiliency.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric for OT.
- Watch the video to learn more about how Fortinet delivers cybersecurity for industrial controls and operational technology environments.
- Read more about how Fortinet OT customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about securing critical infrastructures with Fortinet.
- Watch this video to learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric for OT environments.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Open Ecosystem and Fabric-Ready Technology Alliance Partner Program.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, which includes broad cyber awareness and product training. As part of the Fortinet Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), the Fortinet Training Institute also provides training and certification through the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification, Academic Partner, and Education Outreach programs.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on our blog or YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a driving force in the evolution of cybersecurity and the convergence of networking and security. Our mission is to secure people, devices, and data everywhere, and today we deliver cybersecurity everywhere you need it with the largest integrated portfolio of over 50 enterprise-grade products. Well over half a million customers trust Fortinet's solutions, which are among the most deployed, most patented, and most validated in the industry. The Fortinet Training Institute, one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry, is dedicated to making cybersecurity training and new career opportunities available to everyone. FortiGuard Labs, Fortinet’s elite threat intelligence and research organization, develops and utilizes leading-edge machine learning and AI technologies to provide customers with timely and consistently top-rated protection and actionable threat intelligence. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, and FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAI, FortiAIOps, FortiAntenna, FortiAP, FortiAPCam, FortiAuthenticator, FortiCache, FortiCall, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDeploy, FortiDevSec, FortiEdge, FortiEDR, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFirewall, FortiFone, FortiGSLB, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLAN, FortiLink, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiNDR, FortiPenTest, FortiPhish, FortiPlanner, FortiPolicy, FortiPortal, FortiPresence, FortiProxy, FortiRecon, FortiRecorder, FortiSASE, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSMS, FortiSOAR, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLM and FortiXDR. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|Brian Greenberg |
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Novo Nordisk A/S - share repurchase programme27.3.2023 16:07:25 CEST | Press release
Bagsværd, Denmark, 27March 2023 – On 1 February 2023, Novo Nordisk initiated a share repurchase programme in accordance with Article 5 of Regulation No 596/2014 of the European Parliament and Council of 16 April 2014 (MAR) and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052 of 8 March 2016 (the "Safe Harbour Rules"). This programme is part of the overall share repurchase programme of up to DKK 28 billion to be executed during a 12-month period beginning 1 February 2023. Under the programme initiated 1 February 2023, Novo Nordisk will repurchase B shares for an amount up to DKK 5.6 billion in the period from 1 February 2023 to 2 May 2023. Since the announcement 20 March, the following transactions have been made: Number of B sharesAverage purchase priceTransaction value, DKKAccumulated, last announcement3,025,1712,975,219,09720 March 202391,500987.8090,384,03221 March 202391,0001,000.2991,026,00422 March 202391,0001,017.9092,628,63523 March 202390,0001,025.7592,317,25224 March 202390
Acronis Earns 5-Star Rating in 2023 CRN® Partner Program Guide27.3.2023 16:00:00 CEST | Press release
This exclusive recognition is awarded to successful and committed channel-focused vendors in the IT space BURLINGTON, Mass., March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, today announced that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named the Acronis #CyberFit Partner Program with a prestigious 5-star rating in its 2023 Partner Program Guide. This annual guide offers essential information to solution providers such as managed service providers (MSPs), value-added resellers (VARs), systems integrators, and strategic service providers as they explore technology manufacturers’ partner programs to find the vendors that will best support their business needs. The 5-star rating is awarded to the companies that go above and beyond in their commitment to nurturing strong, profitable, successful channel partnerships. “We strive to make the Acronis #CyberFit Partner Program an easy, transparent, and powerful business development tool for our partners,” said Al
Kvika banki hf.: Annual General Meeting 30 March 2023 - Candidacy to the Board and amended proposals of the BoD27.3.2023 15:48:10 CEST | Press release
The deadline for candidacy to the Board expired on 25 March 2022. The following candidates have submitted their application for the Board of Directors at the AGM, to be held on 30 March, at 4:00 pm at Grand Hotel, Háteigur, Sigtún 28, 150 Reykjavík, also accessible online through Lumi AGM: In candidacy for the Board of Directors: Sigurður HannessonGuðmundur ÞórðarsonGuðjón ReynissonHelga Kristín AuðunsdóttirIngunn Svala Leifsdóttir In candidacy as alternate members: Helga Jóhanna OddsdóttirSigurgeir Guðlaugsson It is the assessment of the Board that all candidacies are valid in accordance with Act No. 2/1995 respecting Public Limited Companies. According to the company’s articles of association the Board of Directors shall consist of five members and two alternate members. As no further candidates have applied for the Board of Directors or as alternate members, the candidates are self-elected. Attention is drawn to an amendment proposal from Gildi Pension Fund regarding the wording of
07/2023 Green Hydrogen Systems - Financial calendar 2023 (updated)27.3.2023 15:45:00 CEST | Press release
Company announcement 07/2023 Green Hydrogen Systems updatesfinancial calendar for 2023 Kolding, Denmark, 27 March 2023 – Green Hydrogen Systems A/S hereby updates its financial calendar for 2023: Q1 2023 Trading Statement: 17 April 2023 (updated) Annual General Meeting: 18 April 2023 Q2 2023 Interim Report: 22 August 2023 Q3 2023 Trading Statement: 1 November 2023 For more info please contact: Investors: Jens Holm Binger, Head of Investor Relations, +45 6065 6525, email@example.com Media: Jesper Buhl, Head of Public Affairs and Media Relations, +45 5351 5295, firstname.lastname@example.org Green Hydrogen Systems in brief Green Hydrogen Systems is a clean technology company and a leading provider of standardised and modular electrolysers for the production of green hydrogen solely based on renewable energy. With its wide range of possible applications, green hydrogen plays a key role in the ongoing fundamental shift in our energy systems towards a net-zero emission society in 2050. As a result
NATALEE (TRIO033) Phase III trial demonstrates ribociclib significantly reduces the risk of recurrence for patients with early breast cancer, at interim analysis27.3.2023 15:28:42 CEST | Press release
EDMONTON, Alberta, March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Translational Research In Oncology (TRIO) today announced positive topline results from NATALEE (TRIO033), a Novartis sponsored Phase III trial of ribociclib plus endocrine therapy (ET) as adjuvant treatment for patients with stages II and III early breast cancer (EBC) at risk of disease recurrence. NATALEE (TRIO033) met its primary endpoint at a pre-planned interim analysis, achieving a statistically significant improvement in invasive disease-free survival (iDFS) in women and men with hormone receptor-positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HR+/HER2-) EBC, when compared to ET alone. “At TRIO, we always strive to improve the lives of cancer patients by conducting clinical trials that might make a fundamental difference in outcomes. We are very proud of our collaboration with Novartis in the conduct of the NATALEE (TRIO033) trial. The results announced today are a significant step forward towards reducing the ris