Fortinet Expands its Services and Training Offerings to Further Support SOC Teams in Preventing and Defending Against Cyber Threats
Multi-Faceted Approach Accelerates Fortinet’s Global Commitment to Eliminate the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 30, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“Fortinet builds ML-driven automation into all of its SOC offerings to support short-staffed teams affected by the cybersecurity skills shortage. But technology alone won’t solve this issue, which is why we are dedicated to also delivering human-based SOC augmentation services to provide immediate support, while investing in an industry-leading training institute to close the cybersecurity skills gap. This combination of technology, services, and training enables SOC professionals to better protect their organizations from detection to incident recovery.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated, and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced new security operations center (SOC) augmentation services designed to help strengthen an organization’s cyber resiliency and support short-staffed teams strained by the talent shortage. In addition, as part of Fortinet’s leadership efforts to help close the cyber skills gap, the Fortinet Training Institute has added initiatives across its programs to further increase access to its industry-recognized training and certifications.
Cybersecurity Skills Shortage Prompts a New Approach
The prevailing talent shortage remains one of the top challenges facing SOC teams globally. Fortinet’s 2022 Cybersecurity Skills Gap report found that 50% of global leaders cite security operations as one of the most challenging roles to fill, and 42% are still in need of security operations analysts. Additionally, the same Fortinet survey found that worldwide, 80% of organizations suffered one or more breaches due to a lack of cybersecurity skills and awareness.
A lack of resources and personnel, combined with the sheer volume of security alerts SOC teams receive per day, often results in missed detections and slower responses that increase exposure to cyber risk. SOC teams require an immediate solution to mitigate these challenges through investment in automated and integrated SOC and cybersecurity technologies and experienced professionals to better protect against threats.
New and Enhanced SOC Augmentation Services Provide Immediate Support for Short-Staffed Security Operations Teams
Committed to helping organizations overcome these obstacles, Fortinet’s new and enhanced services help SOC teams reduce their organizations’ cyber risk while freeing up their time to focus on higher-priority projects. These updates include:
- SOC-as-a-Service (SOCaaS): Fortinet has expanded its SOCaaS offering, which blends FortiGuard cybersecurity experts with Fortinet advanced SOC technology by adding more artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities to additional use cases. These updates enhance the offering’s ability to aggregate security alerts in one single cloud-based dashboard for customers to view actionable intelligence and accelerate resolution, and further enables security operations teams to offload monitoring and detection to Fortinet security experts. With this approach, Fortinet speeds up alert triage, rapidly escalates security incidents, and reduces false-positive alerts for customers.
- Outbreak Detection Service: A new outbreak detection service is available to customers that alerts subscribers through email as well as automatically within key product user interfaces to major breaking cybersecurity events that have the potential for widespread ramifications. These alerts include critical information about security incidents, such as an attack’s timeline of events and what specific technology has been affected. In addition, the alerts also provide organizations with custom threat hunting to run against logs and identify the potential impact of an attack, as well as recommendations to improve their security posture for better protection in the future.
- Incident Response and Readiness (IR&R) Services: Fortinet recently added cybersecurity readiness services as part of its Incident Response offering and shifted the purchasing model to prioritize prevention. By providing a suite of proactive prevention-oriented services, such as risk assessments, playbook development, and tabletop exercises as part of the Incident Response and Readiness Services retainer, organizations can strengthen their cyber preparedness, SOC effectiveness, and reduce cyber risk, while still having access to a team of FortiGuard experts to help with rapid containment and remediation in the event of a cyberattack. In response to an accelerated demand for these services around the globe, Fortinet is also expanding its headcount dedicated to IR&R and SOC automation capabilities to allow more enterprises to have access to the offering.
Expanding Cyber Skills Through the Fortinet Training Institute
While the new and enhanced SOC augmentation services provide immediate relief to strained teams, a long-term investment in continued learning and advancing cyber skills is just as critical to keep up with the ever-changing threat landscape. As part of Fortinet’s longstanding commitment to eliminate the skills gap, the Fortinet Training Institute offers award-winning, multi-level training and certifications to security professionals seeking to advance and upskill their knowledge in key cybersecurity areas. These programs also help untap new talent pools to help build the cyber workforce of the future, with a focus on providing training opportunities for women, veterans, students, and underserved populations. Some recent updates across programs include:
- Increasing Access to Advanced Technical Training: Fortinet has made the practical exam for NSE level 8 more accessible for IT and security professionals everywhere. Both the written and practical portions of the exam are now available in an online, proctored format, making the highest and most elite level of the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification program more accessible to security professionals around the world.
- Supporting the Advancement of Women Professionals in Cybersecurity: The first women cohort of the Fortinet and Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) bootcamp completed the program, which offered 100 WiCyS members access to Fortinet’s NSE level 4 training and labs for free, technical mentors, exam vouchers, and more. Fortinet has also awarded five of the program participants with scholarships to attend the annual WiCyS Conference March 16–18, where they will have access to cyber leaders and employers.
- Developing Cybersecurity Skills in Youth: To further develop the cyber workforce of the future, Fortinet is sponsoring various cybersecurity-based competitions for students in varying academic levels, ranging from middle school to college. This includes being a platinum sponsor of MITRE Engenuity’s Embedded Capture the Flag (eCTF) 12-week competition and a category sponsor for the Carnegie Mellon Capture the Flag competition.
Through these initiatives, Fortinet is progressing toward the company’s pledge to train 1 million people in cybersecurity by 2026. Additionally, Fortinet’s new and enhanced SOC augmentation services build on its expansive services portfolio backed by FortiGuard Labs. With today’s announcement, Fortinet remains committed to alleviating the challenges associated with the cybersecurity talent shortage by helping organizations better manage cyber risks with ML-driven automation, services, and increased access to training.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Read more about NSE level 8 practical exams becoming more accessible to security professionals globally in this blog.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research and Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks.
- Read more about how security services can help SOC teams enhance and automate critical security functions.
- Read more about how the Fortinet Training Institute is increasing access to cybersecurity training.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, which includes broad cyber awareness and product training. As part of the Fortinet Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), the Fortinet Training Institute also provides training and certification through the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification, Academic Partner, and Education Outreach programs.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on our blog or YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 615,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, and FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAI, FortiAIOps, FortiAntenna, FortiAP, FortiAPCam, FortiAuthenticator, FortiCache, FortiCall, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDeploy, FortiDevSec, FortiEdge, FortiEDR, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFirewall, FortiFone, FortiGSLB, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLAN, FortiLink, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiNDR, FortiPenTest, FortiPhish, FortiPlanner, FortiPolicy, FortiPortal, FortiPresence, FortiProxy, FortiRecon, FortiRecorder, FortiSASE, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSMS, FortiSOAR, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLM and FortiXDR. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|Camille Burdge||Peter Salkowski||Brian Greenberg|
|Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.|
To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Årsrapport for 2022 - Selskabsmeddelelse nr. 1/202327.3.2023 23:07:48 CEST | pressemeddelelse
ÅRSRAPPORT FOR 2022 UDBYTTESTRØM OG LIKVIDITET BEDRE END FORVENTET, TIL TRODS FOR SVÆRE MARKEDER PÅVIRKET AF COVID Hovedpunkter for 2022 - Koncernen Resultat for året blev et tab på DKK 1,5 mio. (DKK -0,5 mio.).Totale pengestrømme for året på DKK -9,1 mio. (2021: positive pengestrømme på DKK 0,8 mio.)Likvide midler pr. 31. december 2022 på DKK 13,0 (DKK 21,9 mio.), heraf DKK 3,5 mio. i moderselskabet EAC Invest, DKK 5,8 mio. i Thailand og DKK 3,7 mio. indestår i Kina og er ikke til umiddelbar disposition for EAC Invest koncernen udenfor Kina.Udbytter fra investeringer udgjorde DKK 3,4 mio., og var lidt højere end oprindeligt forventet.Thai Poly Acrylic var i 2022 hårdt ramt af efterdønninger fra Covid-19 og stigende priser på råmaterialer, hvilket påvirkede salget og resultatet var betydeligt under forventning.Udbyttebetaling på DKK 1.000 pr. aktie og i alt DKK 10 mio. blev gennemført i april 2022. Forventninger for 2023 - Koncernen Forventede driftsomkostninger (primært driftsresultat
Nyxoah Raises $3 Million from an At-the-Market Equity Offering27.3.2023 22:05:00 CEST | Press release
INSIDE INFORMATION REGULATED INFORMATION Nyxoah Raises $3 Million from an At-the-Market Equity Offering Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium – March 27, 2023, 10:05pm CET / 4:05pm ET – Nyxoah SA (Euronext Brussels/Nasdaq: NYXH) (“Nyxoah” or the “Company”), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative solutions to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), today announced that the Company raised $2.8 million in gross proceeds pursuant to the Company’s $50 million at-the-market ("ATM") program established on December 22, 2022 at an issue price equal to the market price on the Nasdaq Global Market at the time of the sale. The shares were purchased by historical Nyxoah shareholder Cochlear Limited, and the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes. The ordinary shares described above were sold pursuant to the Company’s shelf registration statement on Form F-3 (File No. 333-268955), previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC
Convocation of the 2023 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders and Proposed Resolutions27.3.2023 20:30:00 CEST | Press release
THIS PRESS RELEASE CONTAINS INSIDE INFORMATION WITHIN THE MEANING OF ARTICLE 7(1) OF THE EUROPEAN MARKET ABUSE REGULATION (596/2014). EINDHOVEN, Pays-Bas et LAUSANNE, Suisse, et BOSTON, MA, Etats-Unis, March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ONWARD Medical N.V. (Euronext: ONWD) (the Company), the medical technology company creating innovative therapies to restore movement, independence, and health in people with spinal cord injury, today has convened the 2023 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM), including the resolutions to be submitted for adoption at the AGM, which will be held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, on May 8, 2023. The resolutions, proposed by the Board, to be submitted for adoption at the AGM, are as follows: Adoption of the Company’s statutory annual accounts for the financial year ended December 31, 2022, prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS-EU). The 2022 statutory accounts were filed with the Netherlands Authority for the Fina
ONWARD Reports 2022 Full Year Financial and Operating Results27.3.2023 20:00:00 CEST | Press release
Company also Provides Business Update and Outlook for 2023 - Conference Call and Webcast (in English) March 28, 2023, at 2:00 PM CEST/8:00 AM EDT THIS PRESS RELEASE CONTAINS INSIDE INFORMATION WITHIN THE MEANING OF ARTICLE 7(1) OF THE EUROPEAN MARKET ABUSE REGULATION (596/2014) EINDHOVEN, the Netherlands, LAUSANNE, Switzerland & BOSTON, MA USA, March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ONWARD Medical N.V. (Euronext: ONWD), the medical technology company creating innovative therapies to restore movement, independence, and health in people with spinal cord injury, today announces its 2022 financial and operating results. The full Annual Report is available here, on the Company’s website in the Investors section (https://ir.onwd.com), and on the website of the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (www.afm.nl). “I am proud of the volume and significance of our team’s achievements as we prepare for commercialization of our first therapy in late 2023 or early 2024,” said Dave Marver, CEO
Nokia Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 27.03.202327.3.2023 20:00:00 CEST | Press release
Nokia Corporation Stock Exchange Release 27 March 2023 at 21:00 EEST Nokia Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 27.03.2023 Espoo, Finland – On 27 March 2023 Nokia Corporation (LEI: 549300A0JPRWG1KI7U06) has acquired its own shares (ISIN FI0009000681) as follows: Trading venue (MIC Code)Number of sharesWeighted average price / share, EUR*XHEL284,4184.39CEUX14,3074.40AQEU2904.39TQEX9854.38Total300,0004.39 * Rounded to two decimals On 3 February 2022, Nokia announced that its Board of Directors is initiating a share buyback program under the authorization granted by Nokia’s Annual General Meeting on 8 April 2021 to return up to EUR 600 million of cash to shareholders in tranches over a period of two years. The second phase of the share buyback program in compliance with the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (MAR), the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052 and under the authorization granted by Nokia’s Annual General Meeting on 5 April 2022 started on 2 January 2023 and en