FLOW TRADERS Q321 TRADING UPDATE
FLOW TRADERS Q321 TRADING UPDATE
Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Flow Traders N.V. (Euronext: FLOW) announces its unaudited Q321 trading update.
- Market ETP Value Traded increased 11% quarter-on-quarter and fell 5% YTD 9m21 vs YTD 9m20
- Flow Traders ETP Value Traded increased 3% quarter-on-quarter and fell 1% YTD 9m21 vs YTD 9m20
- Flow Traders NTI decreased to €67.1m in Q321 reflecting an overall lower volatility environment. This compares to NTI of €94.4m in Q221 and €78.3m in Q320. YTD 9m21 NTI was €303.7m vs €803.2m in YTD 9m20
- Total operating expenses of €52.2m incurred in Q321, which included €0.6m of COVID-related one-off expenses. Employee expenses included Є11.0m combined impact of prior year’s variable remuneration and the adjustment to variable remuneration composition to reflect this year’s financial performance
- 603 FTEs as at 30 September 2021 compared to 577 as at 30 June 2021 as new graduate intake classes joined on 1 September 2021 for both trading and technology
- Q321 Normalized EBITDA reached €24.6m with a margin of 37% contributing to YTD 9m21 Normalized EBITDA of €142.8m with a margin of 47%. Reported Q321 EBITDA reached €14.9m with a margin of 22% contributing to YTD 9m21 EBITDA of €134.5m with a margin of 44% reflecting the IFRS treatment of the share-based variable remuneration plans
- Q321 Net Profit amounted to €8.7m with Basic EPS of €0.20. YTD 9m21 Net Profit amounted to €98.9m with Basic EPS of €2.25
- Regulatory Own Funds Requirement (OFR) as at 30 September 2021 was €337m, resulting in excess capital of €135m as at 30 September 2021. Trading capital stood at €597m at the end of the third quarter
|€million||Q321||Q221||YTD 9m21||YTD 9m20|
|Net trading income||67.1||94.4||303.7||803.1|
|Net trading income||67.1||94.4||303.7||803.1|
|Total operating expenses||52.2||54.1||169.3||307.0|
|Depreciation / amortisation||3.8||3.8||11.4||10.5|
|Write off of (in) tangible assets||-||-||-||0.1|
|Results of equity-accounted investments||-||-||(0.1)||(0.1)|
|Profit before tax||11.1||36.5||123.2||485.6|
|Basic EPS3 (€)||0.20||0.66||2.25||8.78|
|Fully diluted EPS4 (€)||0.19||0.64||2.18||8.78|
|Normalized EBITDA margin2||37%||46%||47%||58%|
Value Traded Overview
|€billion||Q321||Q221||Change||YTD 9m21||YTD 9m20||Change|
|Flow Traders ETP Value Traded||362.6||353.5||3%||1,130.5||1,144.6||(1%)|
|APAC ex China||25.0||19.9||26%||70.4||58.3||21%|
|Flow Traders’ non-ETP Value Traded||1,110||952||17%||2,978||2,930||2%|
|Market ETP Value Traded5||8,853||8,002||11%||26,169||27,516||(5%)|
|APAC ex China||330||288||15%||1,033||1,300||(21%)|
- Maintained position as the leading liquidity provider in ETPs, both on- and off-exchange - #1 position in fixed income, equity and commodity ETFs
- By leveraging the infrastructure of Flow Traders’ leading fixed income ETP trading footprint, a multi-year investment has enabled an expansion into single bond market making. Flow Traders is supporting and advancing electronification, transparency and cost efficiency across the fixed income markets. Now continuously quoting in excess of 9000 ISINs across USD and Euro corporate credit and emerging market sovereign bonds and providing pricing on all major platforms including Bloomberg, TradeWeb and MarketAxess. Work to connect to Neptune and LedgerEdge is currently underway
- Continued to participate in the development of the digital asset and decentralized finance space through joining the Pyth network and supporting the launch of Reactive Markets’ Switchboard. Crypto ETP listings in EMEA have grown 10% quarter-on-quarter and Flow Traders is a liquidity provider across all 120 listings with a c. 45% market share
- In line with Flow Traders’ strategic ecosystem approach, completed an investment in shape Q, a fintech start-up which has developed an RfQ marketplace for physical energy, green energy and environmental commodities. This investment aligns with Flow Traders’ longstanding support for increasing transparency and electronification in the financial markets
- Trading results in US markets were below expectations partially due to aggressive pricing necessary to build out the fixed income business, while at the same time volatility remained subdued. A high priority remains the ongoing improvement of the position management and execution framework in US domestic equity markets
- Further expansion of Lead Market Maker activities including working with State Street for the first time and increasing fixed income ETF product coverage into Municipals and Mortgages by supporting the launch of PIMCO’s MINO and FMNY ETFs
- Working in tandem with EMEA, launched corporate credit fixed income dealer capabilities in the Americas and established connectivity with major platforms including TradeWeb, MarketAxess, Bloomberg, ICE and MTS. Substantial progress made in converting existing counterparties to transact in corporate credit across all these various platforms
- Strategic ecosystem approach highlights included Flow Traders joining the LedgerEdge working group and also crystallizing value from Flow Traders’ investment in ErisX, the crypto trading platform, given its recently announced acquisition
- Solid performance in the quarter as elevated volumes and volatility persisted, driven by Chinese regulatory developments
- Alongside the QFII registration process, Flow Traders continued to progress accessing the on-shore China market with the appointment of a business development professional
- Renewed MSCI futures market making contract with HKEx for another year, continuing and deepening the already successful partnership
- Admitted as Stock Options Exchange Participant on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by HKEx as Flow Traders further broadens its trading activities in the region
Management Board Comments
Dennis Dijkstra, CEO, stated:
“Despite the backdrop of a slower third quarter, we have continued to focus on implementing our strategic growth agenda particularly with the expansion of our fixed income market making business. Our liquidity provision in corporate credit and emerging markets sovereign bonds has been positively received by the buy-side and we were delighted to be the lead sponsor at the recent Fixed Income Leadership Summit in London. We have also demonstrated a more consistent and dedicated strategic ecosystem approach as we seek to leverage the technological shifts in the financial markets.Flow Traders’ investment in shape Q, connecting to the Pyth network and joining the LedgerEdge working group are proof points of this renewed approach.
“It is also pleasing to note that as part of growing our business, we are able to attract and recruit the best talent and we welcomed a large intake of new graduates on 1 September. While most of our offices have fully reopened, we are still cautiously monitoring the evolution of the pandemic and our business continuity plan remains active.”
Folkert Joling, Chief Trading Officer, added:
“Further market normalisation combined with some seasonal impacts resulted in lower trading results inthe third quarter versus previous quarters in 2021. This was evident in the fixed income index side of the business where reduced volatility affected overall trading performance, particularly in the US. From a trading perspective, the launch of our single bond market making capabilities in Europe and the Americas is a significant milestone as we seek to broaden our trading activities across different products and asset classes.In crypto, we have maintained our leading market share in ETPs and continue to provide liquidity in new and existing listings. Naturally, work continues on building out these capabilities even further.”
Mike Kuehnel, Chief Financial Officer, added:
“In my first months at Flow Traders, my enthusiasm at the prospects ahead for the business has only grown. At the core of it, our ETP business has still significant tactical and strategic opportunities globally as assets under management now approach the $10 trillion mark and will grow even further. In order to identify additional areas of growth in and around our core and to systematically accelerate the execution of our strategic agenda, we are conducting a detailed and thorough review of our capital structure. While exploring a variety of different attractive growth options, we will continue to focus on leveraging our core capabilities and competencies and, from a financial perspective, maintain our commitment to firm cost control irrespective of our multi-year growth agenda.”
Preliminary Financial Calendar
13 January 2022 Start Silent Period ahead of Q421 / FY21 results
10 February 2022 Release Q421 / FY21 results (incl. analyst conference call)
4 March 2022 Release 2021 Annual Report
31 March 2022 Start Silent Period ahead of Q122 trading update
26 April 2022 Release Q122 trading update (no analyst conference call)
29 April 2022 AGM
Flow Traders N.V.
Phone: +31 20 7996799
Phone: +31 20 7996799
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global financial technology-enabled liquidity provider in financial products, historically specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs), now expanding into other asset classes. Flow Traders ensures the provision of liquidity to support the uninterrupted functioning of financial markets. This allows investors to continue to buy or sell ETPs or other financial instruments under all market circumstances. We continuously grow our organization, ensuring that our trading desks in Europe, the Americas and Asia can provide liquidity across all major exchanges, globally, 24 hours a day. Founded in 2004, we continue to cultivate the entrepreneurial, innovative and team-oriented culture that has been with us since the beginning. Please visit www.flowtraders.com for more information.
1. Fixed employee expenses: Q321 - €14.1m; Q221 - €13.1m; YTD 9m21 - €40.2m; YTD 9m20 - €34.5m
2. Normalized EBITDA and margin is based on the standard 35% profit share of operating result across the various financial periods without any IFRS 2 adjustments for share-based payments. A reconciliation to reported EBITDA is presented below:
|€million||Q321||Q221||YTD 9m21||YTD 9m20|
|Prior year share plans||7.9||6.3||18.7||2.2|
|Current year share plan deferral||(1.3)||(3.3)||(10.4)||(29.3)|
|Variable remuneration composition||3.1||-||-||-|
3. Weighted average shares outstanding: Q321 - 43,570,015; Q221 - 43,715,537; YTD 9m21 - 43,875,028; YTD 9m20 - 45,362,072. 43,549,631 shares outstanding at 30 September 2021
4. Determined by adjusting the basic EPS for the effects of all dilutive share-based payments to employees
5. Source - Flow Traders analysis
Important Legal Information
This press release is prepared by Flow Traders N.V. and is for information purposes only. It is not a recommendation to engage in investment activities and you must not rely on the content of this document when making any investment decisions. The information in this document does not constitute legal, tax, or investment advice and is not to be regarded as investor marketing or marketing of any security or financial instrument, or as an offer to buy or sell, or as a solicitation of any offer to buy or sell, securities or financial instruments.
The information and materials contained in this press release are provided ‘as is’ and Flow Traders N.V. or any of its affiliates (“Flow Traders”) do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials and expressly disclaim liability for any errors or omissions. This press release is not intended to be, and shall not constitute in any way a binding or legal agreement, or impose any legal obligation on Flow Traders. All intellectual property rights, including trademarks, are those of their respective owners. All rights reserved. All proprietary rights and interest in or connected with this publication shall vest in Flow Traders. No part of it may be redistributed or reproduced without the prior written permission of Flow Traders.
This press release may include forward-looking statements, which are based on Flow Traders’ current expectations and projections about future events, and are not guarantees of future performance. Forward looking statements are statements that are not historical facts, including statements about our beliefs and expectations. Words such as “may”, “will”, “would”, “should”, “expect”, “intend”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “project”, “believe”, “could”, “hope”, “seek”, “plan”, “foresee”, “aim”, “objective”, “potential”, “goal” “strategy”, “target”, “continue” and similar expressions or their negatives are used to identify these forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future whether or not outside the control of Flow Traders. Such factors may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Accordingly, no undue reliance should be placed on any forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as at the date at which they are made. Flow Traders expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to update, review or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which such statements are based unless required to do so by applicable law.
Financial objectives are internal objectives of Flow Traders to measure its operational performance and should not be read as indicating that Flow Traders is targeting such metrics for any particular fiscal year. Flow Traders’ ability to achieve these financial objectives is inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are beyond Flow Traders’ control, and upon assumptions with respect to future business decisions that are subject to change. As a result, Flow Traders’ actual results may vary from these financial objectives, and those variations may be material.
Efficiencies are net, before tax and on a run-rate basis, i.e. taking into account the full-year impact of any measure to be undertaken before the end of the period mentioned. The expected operating efficiencies and cost savings were prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions, projections and estimates, many of which depend on factors that are beyond Flow Traders’ control. These assumptions, projections and estimates are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and actual results may differ, perhaps materially, from those projected. Flow Traders cannot provide any assurance that these assumptions are correct and that these projections and estimates will reflect Flow Traders’ actual results of operations.
By accepting this document you agree to the terms set out above. If you do not agree with the terms set out above please notify email@example.com immediately and delete or destroy this document.
Market Abuse Regulation
This press release contains information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
AttachmentTo view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About GlobeNewswire by notified
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire by notified is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire by notified
JLT Mobile Computers acquires French sales partner ID Work8.12.2021 23:30:00 CET | Press release
With an own sales office JLT strengthens its local presence in the French market, which has grown to become one of the largest and most important regionsin Europe for JLT Växjö, Sweden, 8Dec2021 * * * JLT Mobile Computers, a leading supplier of reliable computers for demanding environments, today announced that they have signed the agreement to acquire of ID Work, their French sales partner with effect from January 2022. Since its start in 2013 ID Work has successfully been driving sales in France through a country-wide network consisting of system integrators and resellers. Since then, the French market has grown to become one of JLT’s largest and most important markets in Europe. JLT will be taking over the business and establish a local sales office with own personnel. Through the acquisition JLT will get closer to its customers and sales partners in France. The founder of ID Work, who is running the company today will have a continued involvement in JLT over the next couple of year
JLT Mobile Computers förvärvar sin franska säljpartner ID Work8.12.2021 23:30:00 CET | Pressemelding
Frankrike är ett av de största och viktigaste länderna i Europa för JLT ochsyftet med förvärvet är att etablera ett säljkontori egen regi för att stärkaden lokala närvaron Växjö, Sverige, 8:e december2021 * * * JLT Mobile Computers, ledande leverantör av stryktåliga datorer för krävande miljöer, annonserar idag att man har tecknat ett avtal om förvärv av sin franska säljpartner ID Work med tillträde i januari 2022. Sedan starten 2013 har ID Work framgångsrikt drivit försäljningen av JLT:s produkter i Frankrike genom ett landstäckande nätverk bestående av systemintegratörer och återförsäljare. Den franska marknaden har sedan dess vuxit till att bli en av JLT:s största och viktigaste marknader i Europa. JLT kommer att ta över ID Works verksamhet och etablera ett säljkontor med egen personal. Förvärvet gör att JLT kommer närmare sina kunder och säljpartners. Grundaren av ID Work som idag driver företaget kommer att ha ett fortsatt engagemang i JLT under de kommande åren. För mer informati
Better Collective initiates share buyback program to cover future payments relating to completed acquisitions and incentive programs8.12.2021 18:00:00 CET | Press release
Regulatory Release no. 38/2021 December 8, 2021 Better Collective A/S (the “Company”) has today initiated a share buyback program for up to 10 mEUR, to be executed during the period from December 9, 2021 to February 24, 2022. The purpose of the buyback program is to cover future payments relating to completed acquisitions and to cover established Incentive Plans. The buyback program is being initiated pursuant to the authorization granted by the shareholders at the annual general meeting held on April 26, 2021 to repurchase up to nominal 4,694,532 shares of EUR 0,01 each of the Company’s share capital in the period until the annual general meeting in 2022. The Company has appointed Nordea as lead manager of the buyback program. Under the agreement with Nordea, Nordea will purchase shares on behalf of the Company and will make its trading decisions independently of, and without influence by the Company. The buyback program is subject to the following terms: The purpose of the program is
Nextensa Nv/sa: Shares Repurchase8.12.2021 17:40:00 CET | Press release
NEXTENSA NV/SA: SHARES REPURCHASE Nextensa NV announces that the board of directors has decided to initiate a share repurchase programme to acquire up to 65,000 shares for a total amount of no more than 4,800,000 euros within the limits set down in the (renewed) share repurchase authorization as granted by the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders of 19 July 2021. The goal of the share repurchase is to enable Nextensa to meet its obligations resulting from the purchase plans for the benefit of its executive management. Nextensa recognizes the need for active and committed managers that are able to guide the transformation into a mixed property investor and developer. Furthermore, based on previous experience and current market practices and trends, the nomination and remuneration committee and the board of directors are convinced that managers are more engaged and committed when they are able to participate in the capital of Extensa NV, as this aligns their interests with those
Millicom files standard form for notification of major holdings8.12.2021 17:13:53 CET | Press release
Millicom files standard form for notification of major holdings Luxembourg,December 8, 2021 – Millicom International Cellular S.A. announced today the CSSF regulatory filing of the form: ANNEX A: Standard form for notification of major holdings (attachment) -END- For further information, please contact Press: Vivian Kobeh, Director Corporate Communications +1-786-628-5300 firstname.lastname@example.org Yocasta Valdez, Group Manager Digital Media & Communications +1-305-929-5417 email@example.com Investors: Michel Morin, VP Investor Relations +1-786-628-5270 firstname.lastname@example.org Sarah Inmon, Director Investor Relations +1-786-628-5303 email@example.com About Millicom Millicom (NASDAQ U.S.: TIGO, Nasdaq Stockholm: TIGO_SDB) is a leading provider of fixed and mobile services dedicated to emerging markets in Latin America and Africa. Millicom sets the pace when it comes to providing high-speed broadband and innovation around The Digital Lifestyle® services through its principal brand, TIGO. As
Volta Finance Limited - Result of AGM8.12.2021 16:04:30 CET | Press release
8 December 2021 Volta Finance Limited (VTA / VTAS) RESULTS OF THE FIFTEENTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Volta Finance Limited announces that at the Fifteenth Annual General Meeting held earlier today all resolutions proposed were duly passed. One of these resolutions was a special resolution. The full text of the resolutions can be found in the Notice of Meeting contained within the Annual Report and Accounts 2021, copies of which are available for viewing on the Company’s website http://www.voltafinance.com. Further information on the votes cast for each resolution will be available on the Company’s website shortly. CONTACTS For the Investment Manager AXA Investment Managers Paris Serge Demay firstname.lastname@example.org +33 (0) 1 44 45 84 47 Company Secretary and Administrator BNP Paribas Securities Services S.C.A, Guernsey Branch email@example.com +44 (0) 1481 750 853 Corporate Broker Cenkos Securities plc Andrew Worne Daniel Balabanoff +44 (0) 20 7397 8900 ***** ABOUT V
New Kisqali® data shows consistent overall survival benefit across genomic and clinical subtypes of interest in HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer8.12.2021 15:30:00 CET | Press release
Data from the MONALEESA Phase III program provide further evidence of the unique profile of Kisqali, the CDK4/6 inhibitor with the longest reported median overall survival (OS) in HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer (over 5 years) and proven OS benefit across patient subgroups1-5 Kisqali pooled data at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium confirms OS benefit across most common genomic intrinsic subtypes of HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer, including the aggressive, ET-resistant HER2-enriched subtype6 Data supports rationale for HARMONIA, the first prospective, head-to-head Phase III trial seeking to identify the best therapeutic option between Kisqali and Ibrance®* for patients with the HER2-enriched subtype Kisqali remains the only CDK4/6i with consistent OS benefit across the entire MONALEESA program, regardless of site and number of metastases, prior treatment, endocrine partner, line of therapy or menopausal status1-5,7-8 Basel, December 8, 2021 — Novartis today announced new K