Eurocastle Releases Fourth Quarter and Year End 2020 Financial Results
Oak Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited
Attn: Mark Woodall
Tel: +44 1481 723450
Eurocastle Releases Fourth Quarter and Year End 2020 Financial Results
Guernsey, 5 March 2021 – Eurocastle Investment Limited (Euronext Amsterdam: ECT) today has released its annual report for the year ended 31 December 2020.
Adjusted Net Asset Value (“NAV”) of €16.7 million1, or €9.00 per share2 up €1.54 per share vs. €7.46 per share at Q3 2020 (up €0.68 per share vs. €8.32 per share at YE 2019) due to:
- Valuation movements:
- €0.20 per share, or 4%, increase in Q4 2020 (€1.03 per share3 decrease for the FY 2020) on the remaining three real estate fund investments.
- €0.02 per share, or 4%, increase in Q4 2020 (€0.05 per share increase for the FY 2020) on the remaining three NPL and other loan interests.
- Positive reserve and legacy movements of €1.32 per share in Q4 2020 (€1.66 per share increase for the FY 2020)
IFRS NAV of €32.9 million, or €17.72 per share
2020 Capital Distribution of €1.0 million, or €0.54 per share declared on 4 March 2021 and to be paid on 30 March 2021 to shareholders of record at close of business on 11 March 2021 with an ex-dividend date of 10 March 2021. This distribution is being treated as a return of capital because there are no current year or carry-forward profits available at the Company. It will be reflected in the “Share Capital” column in the Statement of Changes in Equity in the Company’s financial statements.
The tables below summarise the Adjusted NAV by segment:
|YE 2020 NAV||YE 2019 NAV||Q3 2020 NAV|
|€ million||€ per share||€ million||€ per share||€ million||€ per share|
|Real Estate Funds||7.4||4.01||13.9||7.52||8.5||4.58|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||1.2||0.67||1.2||0.67||1.2||0.67|
|Net Corporate Cash4||8.0||4.32||0.3||0.13||4.1||2.21|
The Company’s current assets comprise:
- Interests in two real estate redevelopment funds where construction is fully completed. The units are in the process of being sold but encountering delays due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Both developments offer luxury residential apartments with high specification furnishings in Rome.
- Interest in a public fund which is in the process of being liquidated and which recently declared its last expected material distribution of €0.4 million to be paid to Eurocastle on 10 March 2021.
- Residual minority interests in three predominantly secured NPL & Other Loan pools.
- Net corporate cash of €8.0 million, comprising corporate cash net of liabilities and additional reserves.
2020 BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS
Overview in light of COVID-19
The Company started 2020 having successfully executed on the first and largest part of its Realisation Plan by selling its NPL portfolio and tendering its stake in doValue, via a share for share tender. As part of this process the Company set aside Additional Reserves determined by the Board of Directors in order to take into account anticipated future costs and potential liabilities.
These steps left the Company well capitalised and in a strong position to weather the extraordinary circumstances that have followed the
outbreak of COVID-19. During the year, the Company reviewed its underlying cash flow models and adjusted them accordingly by applying haircuts and extending out the cash flows of its remaining investments to take into account the anticipated impact of COVID-19, with the resultant impact reflected in the valuation of the Company’s assets at the end of YE 2020.
Investment Realisations & Highlights
COVID-19 has had an extraordinary impact across all sectors of the economy. The Company’s move to realise the majority of its assets in YE 2019 and its prudent management of cash reserves have left the Company well placed to maximize the value of its remaining assets. This has been evidenced in their performance during 2020 where the Company achieved the following milestones:
- During the year, the Company realised €4.7 million from its investments, of which €4.6 million came from its Real Estate Funds (~33% of YE 2019 NAV after asset specific reserves) and €0.1 million from its minority NPL and Other Loan holdings (~8% of YE 2019 NAV).
- RE Redevelopment Funds - REFI II & REFI V: Closed or collected offers under contract on 50% of the remaining real estate units available for sale as at 1 January 2020 in Real Estate Fund Investment II and 47% in Real Estate Fund Investment V, with a significant portion of this activity occurring in H2 2020, after the initial lockdown. Assuming that all these offers close, only 13% of units in one building in Real Estate Fund Investment II (with the second building already fully sold) and 33% of the units in Real Estate Fund Investment V will remain to be sold. The renewed interest in the apartments that was evidenced after the end of the first lockdown in Italy in May 2020 has continued, reflecting the pent-up demand in the market for quality, semi-central residential real estate in Rome.
- REFI I: Following the sale of all of the assets in Real Estate Fund Investment I in 2019, the Company received €2.2 million, or 89% of its YE 2019 NAV, during 2020. The fund is in the process of being liquidated with its last expected material distribution of €0.4 million to be paid to Eurocastle on 10 March 2021, €0.1 million above Eurocastle’s YE 2020 carrying value.
- Italian NPLs & Other Loans: The residual NPL & Other Loan interests, which are predominantly secured, have continued to generate cash proceeds, in spite of the turmoil created by COVID-19. During the year the pools generated and distributed €0.1 million, or ~8% of YE 2019 NAV.
- Legacy Realisations: The Company successfully negotiated the positive resolution of a claim relating to its legacy debt business. Given the uncertainty ascribed to the outcome of the claim, the Company did not attribute any value in its accounts other than reserving for its share of the associated costs. The Company received approximately €2.2 million and after taking into account costs previously reserved for, the net positive impact to Eurocastle’s Adjusted Net Asset Value is €2.3 million.
- Additional Reserves: The Company reduced its Additional Reserves (excluding asset specific reserves) from €18.7m to €16.2m during the financial year. €1.8m of this reduction relates to reserves being utilised, in line with anticipated costs, along with €0.7m of net reserve savings having been achieved in 2020.
SUBSEQUENT EVENTS TO 31 DECEMBER 2020
- The market turmoil and global distress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created a number of potentially attractive investment opportunities. In light of this and the Company’s parallel efforts to expedite the resolution of certain key reserves, the Board has decided to undertake a review of the Company’s strategic options, including use of available capital.
- The Company's current strategy was approved by shareholders as part of the Realisation Plan announced in November 2019. The Board presently anticipates that the outcome of the current review will be announced to shareholders during the second half of 2021.
|Income Statement for the Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2020||FY 2020||Q4 2020|
|€ Thousands||€ Thousands|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||99||33|
|Real Estate Funds||(2,233)||371|
|Fair value movement on Italian investments||(2,134)||404|
|Fair value movements on residual Legacy entities||2,501||2,294|
|Gains on foreign currency translation||2||3|
|Manager base and incentive fees||111||37|
|Remaining operating expenses||1,749||316|
|Other Operating expenses||1,860||353|
|Net (loss) / profit for the period||(1,519)||2,348|
|€ per share||(0.82)||1.27|
Balance Sheet and Adjusted NAV Reconciliation as at 31 December 2020
|Cash and cash equivalents||-||25,341||25,341|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||1,248||-||1,248|
|Real Estate Funds||7,435||-||7,435|
|Trade and other payables||-||1,170||1,170|
|Manager base and incentive fees||-||140||140|
|Adjusted NAV (€ per share)6||4.68||4.32||9.00|
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of the Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014.
For investment portfolio information, please refer to the Company’s most recent Financial Report, which is available on the Company’s website (www.eurocastleinv.com).
Eurocastle Investment Limited (“Eurocastle” or the “Company”) is a publicly traded closed-ended investment company, focused on Italian performing and non-performing loans, Italian loan servicing platforms and other real estate related assets in Italy. On 18 November 2019, the Company announced a plan to realise the majority of its assets with the aim of accelerating the return of value to shareholders. The Company will not currently seek material new investments from the proceeds of the realisation but will continue to support its existing investments to the extent required in order to optimise returns and distribute cash to shareholders when available (the “Realisation Plan”). For more information regarding Eurocastle Investment Limited and to be added to our email distribution list, please visit www.eurocastleinv.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release contains statements that constitute forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, future commitments to sell real estate and achievement of disposal targets, availability of investment and divestment opportunities, timing or certainty of completion of acquisitions and disposals, the operating performance of our investments and financing needs. Forward-looking statements are generally identifiable by use of forward-looking terminology such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “potential”, “intend”, “expect”, “endeavor”, “seek”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “overestimate”, “underestimate”, “believe”, “could”, “project”, “predict”, "project", “continue”, “plan”, “forecast” or other similar words or expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions, discuss future expectations, describe future plans and strategies, contain projections of results of operations or of financial condition or state other forward-looking information. The Company’s ability to predict results or the actual effect of future plans or strategies is limited. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, its actual results and performance may differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the Company’s actual results in future periods to differ materially from forecasted results or stated expectations including the risks regarding Eurocastle’s ability to declare dividends or achieve its targets regarding asset disposals or asset performance.
1 In light of the Realisation Plan announced in November 2019, the Adjusted NAV as at 31 December 2020 reflects additional reserves for future costs and potential liabilities, which have not been accounted for under the IFRS NAV. No commitments for these future costs and potential liabilities existed as at 31 December 2020.
2 Per share calculations for Eurocastle throughout this document are based on 1.9 million shares.
3 FY 2020 decrease of €1.03 per share, includes fair value decrease on real estate fund investments of €1.21 per share net of a release of additional asset specific reserves of €0.18 per share.
4 Reflects corporate cash net of liabilities and additional reserves.
5 In light of the Realisation Plan, the Adjusted NAV as at 31 December 2020 reflects the additional reserves for future costs and potential liabilities of €16.2 million which have not been accounted for under the IFRS NAV.
6 Amounts per share calculated on 1.9 million outstanding ordinary shares.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Interim Report January-March 202122.4.2021 18:30:00 CEST | Press release
First quarter 2021 Net profit for the first quarter amounted to MSEK 44.6 (-4.0).Earnings per share amounted to SEK 4.00 (-0.35).Net asset value amounted to MSEK 703 (SEK 63.04 per share) at March 31, 2021, compared to MSEK 679 (SEK 60.87 per share) at March 31, 2020.Net cash amounted to MSEK 180 (SEK 16.16 per share) at March 31, 2021, compared to MSEK 219 (SEK 19.65 per share) at December 31, 2020.The 2021 Annual General Meeting resolved to pay a dividend of 3.00 SEK per share for FY 2020. Comments by the CEO NAXS experienced a steady development during the first quarter of 2021 with the NAV/share increasing by 8.5%, including the dividend paid out. During the quarter, NAXS made a second co-investment alongside JAB Holding, this time in Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, the world-famous doughnut brand. As to the underlying funds, they acquired 4 new portfolio companies and signed or closed 4 exits during the quarter. In addition, a partial exit took place with the listing of Kreate on Nasdaq H
Prosafe SE: Supporting statement to the 2020 Annual Report in light of the ruling in the Westcon matter22.4.2021 18:30:00 CEST | Press release
Reference is made to Prosafe's annual accounts for 2020 published on 25 March 2021 as well as the notice for annual general meeting published on 12 April 2021. Reference is further made to announcement on 15 April 2021, in which Prosafe informed that the Gulating Court of Appeal had decided against Prosafe in the Westcon matter, thereby awarding full payment to Westcon of amounts claimed and thus reversing the ruling by the Stavanger District Court in the first instance. In light of the ruling, Prosafe has today issued a supporting statement to its 2020 annual report and accounts. The statement is attached. Prosafe is a leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS. For more information, please refer to www.prosafe.com Stavanger, 22 April 2021 Prosafe SE For further information, please contact: Jesper K. Andresen, CEO Phone: +47 51 65 24 30 / +47 907 65 155 Stig Harry Christiansen, Deputy CEO
Delårsrapport januari – mars 202122.4.2021 18:30:00 CEST | Pressemelding
Första kvartalet 2021 Resultat efter skatt uppgick till 44,6 (-4,0) MSEK.Resultatet per aktie uppgick till 4,00 (-0,35) SEK.Substansvärdet uppgick till 703 MSEK (63,04 SEK per aktie) per den 31 mars 2021, jämfört med 679 MSEK (SEK 60,87 per aktie) per den 31 december 2020. Nettokassan uppgick till 180 MSEK (16,16 SEK per aktie) per den 31 mars 2021, jämfört med 219 MSEK (19,65 SEK per aktie) per den 31 december 2020.Årsstämman 2021 beslutade att lämna en utdelning om 3,00 SEK per aktie. VD-kommentar NAXS utvecklades positivt under första kvartalet och substanvärdet per aktie ökade med 8,5% inklusive lämnad utdelning. Under första kvartalet gjorde NAXS ytterligare en saminvestering parallellt med JAB Holding, denna gång i Krispy Kreme Doughnuts verksamt i USA. Vad gäller underliggande fonder förvärvade dessa 4 nya portföljbolag och undertecknade eller genomförde 4 exit under perioden. Vidare genomfördes en partiell exit genom börsnotering av Kreate på Nasdaq Helsingfors. NAXS lämnade un
Conagen’s Novel Solution to Making Natural Capsaicin by Fermentation Accessible22.4.2021 18:23:30 CEST | Press release
Bedford, Mass., April 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scalable, sustainable capsaicin ingredients for its use in food, consumer and industrial products have now become more accessible. Conagen announced it has successfully scaled-up its fermentation process for the production of premium capsaicin and its related capsaicinoid molecules. Chili peppers are widely used as a food additive in spicy and hot cuisines, due to its hot and pungent characteristics. Consumers globally are demanding more clean, natural and exciting flavors, especially hot and spicy flavors. Yet, the challenge in meeting this demand is that capsaicin from chili peppers is difficult to use because of its hot properties, proposing challenges to manufacturers. Capsaicin extraction is limited by the availability of chili peppers, which is subject to fluctuations in price and quality. The market for capsaicin is growing because of its pungent characteristic, which is very versatile in a broad spectrum of applications, includ
OREGE: Annual results 2020 and outlook22.4.2021 18:05:00 CEST | Press release
PRESS RELEASE Voisins Le Bretonneux, 22 April 2021 – 6 PM ANNUAL RESULTS 2020 AND OUTLOOK ___________________________________________________________________ Summary financial information for the year ended December 31 2020. Strong growth in turnover which validates the commercial approach taken by Orege in recent years 15% decrease in net operating expenses, thanks to savings on the Group's fixed costs. (Consolidated financial statements approved by the board of directors on 21 April 2021. The audit procedures by the statutory auditors are being finalized.) In k€ - IFRS2020 2019 Turnover2 006935Net operating expenses:Payroll costs-3 334-3 814Operating expenses:Manufacturing, sub-contracting-980-1 816Travel and subsistence expenses-532-829Leasing and maintenance-431-460Other operating expenses-1 334-1 510Depreciation-511-54Amortization-744 -781 Total net operating expenses- 7 866- 9 264Operating loss-5 860-8 329Net financial loss-1 563-1 859Corporation tax--Net loss-7 423 -10 188 Turno
Wolters Kluwer Annual General Meeting of Shareholders adopts all resolutions22.4.2021 17:25:00 CEST | Press release
Wolters Kluwer Annual General Meeting of Shareholdersadopts all resolutions April 22, 2021 –Wolters Kluwer, a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services,is pleased to announce that all resolutions were adopted as proposed at today’s Annual General Meeting. Reappointment of members of the Supervisory Board and member of the Executive Board Frans Cremers and Ann Ziegler were reappointed as members of the Supervisory Board and Kevin Entricken was reappointed as member of the Executive Board. The Supervisory Board members represent a diversity of nationality, experience, talent, and expertise. Three (43%) of the seven Supervisory Board members are female, in line with Dutch corporate governance standards and proposed legislation. 2020 Financial Statements and dividend Shareholders voted to adopt the Financial Statements for 2020 as included in the 2020 Annual Report and approved a total dividend of €1.36 per ordinary share, resulting in a final dividend o
Transfer of Huhtamäki Oyj's own treasury shares22.4.2021 16:50:00 CEST | Press release
HUHTAMÄKI OYJ STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 22.4.2021 AT 17:50 Transfer of Huhtamäki Oyj's own treasury shares A total of 15,000 of Huhtamäki Oyj's own treasury shares have today been transferred without consideration to the Company's President and CEO Charles Héaulmé as part of his remuneration. The directed issue is based on the authorization given by the Company's Annual General Meeting of 2021 and the decision by the Company's Board of Directors based on the authorization. After the transfer, Huhtamäki Oyj holds a total of 3,395,709 own treasury shares (3.15% of all shares). For further information, please contact: Mr. Sami Pauni, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Legal, Group General Counsel, tel. +358 (0)10 686 7872 HUHTAMÄKI OYJ Global Communications About Huhtamaki Huhtamaki is a key global provider of sustainable packaging solutions for consumers around the world, enabling wellbeing and convenience. Our innovative products protect on-the-go and on-the-shelf food and bev