Eurocastle Releases First Half 2021 Financial Results
Oak Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited
Attn: Mark Woodall
Tel: +44 1481 723450
EurocastleReleases First Half 2021 Financial Results
Guernsey, 4 August 2021 – Eurocastle Investment Limited (Euronext Amsterdam: ECT) today has released its financial report for the six months ended 30 June 2021.
- Adjusted Net Asset Value (“NAV”) of €17.8 million1, or €9.60 per share2, up €0.83 per share vs. €8.77 per share at Q1 2021 (up €1.14 per share3 since Q4 2020) due to:
- Valuation movements:
- €0.71 per share, or 26%, increase in Q2 2021 (€0.98 per share increase in H1 2021) on its remaining real estate fund investments as a result of realisations being ahead of expectations.
- €0.19 per share, or 27%, increase in Q2 2021 (€0.23 per share increase in H1 2021) on the remaining three NPL and other loan interests.
- Increase in existing reserves and other movements resulting in a decrease of €(0.07) per share in Q2 2021 (€0.07 per share decrease in H1 2021).
The tables below summarise the Adjusted NAV by segment:
|Q1 2021 NAV||Q2 Cash Movement||Q2 FV Movement||Q2 2021 NAV|
|€ million||€ per share||€ million||€ per share||€ million||€ per share||€ million||€ per share|
|Real Estate Funds||5.1||2.77||-||-||1.3||0.71||6.4||3.47|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||1.3||0.70||(0.0)||(0.01)||0.4||0.19||1.6||0.88|
|Net Corporate Cash4||9.8||5.30||0.0||0.01||(0.1)||(0.07)||9.7||5.25|
As at 30 June 2021, the Company’s remaining assets comprise:
- Interests in two fully developed, luxury residential real estate redevelopment funds in Rome where all of the apartments in Real Estate Fund Investment II (“REFI II”) are now 100% sold or under contract to be sold and less than 20% of the units in Real Estate Fund Investment V (“REFI V”) remain to be sold.
- Residual minority interests in three predominantly secured NPL & Other Loan pools where the underlying assets of one pool are under binding contract to be sold in Q3 and, as previously announced, the remaining two NPL pools are under contract to be sold once the underlying portfolio level financing of each is repaid.
- Net corporate cash of €9.7 million, comprising corporate cash net of liabilities and additional reserves.
H1 2021 BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS
H1 2021 Overview
During the first half of 2021, the Company continued to make significant progress on realising its remaining assets as part of its Realisation Plan. Sales of residential units across both of its real estate redevelopment funds have proved resilient despite the ongoing challenges from COVID-19. This positive activity in the RE Funds, where results were achieved above and ahead of what was anticipated, after being adjusted in 2020 for the projected impact of COVID-19, has been the primary driver for a 26% valuation increase in the period for these investments.
In addition, Eurocastle received its last material distribution from its publicly listed fund investment and agreed the sale of all underlying assets in one of the three remaining loan pools the Company has an interest in, comprising 19% of the segment’s Q2 2021 NAV. This activity has left the Company well positioned while it undertakes its strategic review, announced in March 2021. The strategic options are under ongoing review by the Board, with the outcome of the review anticipated to be announced to shareholders before the end of 2021.
Investment Realisations & Highlights
- During the first half of 2021, the Company realised €2.9 million from its investments, of which €2.8 million came from its Real Estate Funds (~38% of their YE 2020 NAV) and €0.1 million from its minority NPL and Other Loan holdings (~4% of their YE 2020 NAV).
- RE Redevelopment Funds - REFI II & REFI V:
- Following sales activity during the period and assuming all units under contract to be sold in REFI II and REFI V close, only 18% of units in REFI V as at 30 June 2021 will remain to be sold.
- Received €2.4 million in Q1 2021 comprising (i) €0.5 million from REFI II (~22% of its YE 2020 NAV) and (ii) €1.9 million from REFI V (~39% of its YE 2020 NAV). The remaining proceeds from closed sales together with those under contract to be sold are expected to be distributed to Eurocastle in H2 2021 (representing 62% of the Q2’21 NAV).
- REFI I: Following the sale of all the assets in Real Estate Fund Investment I in 2019, the Company received its last expected material distribution of €0.4 million, or 143% of its YE 2020 NAV, in Q1 2021.
- Italian NPLs & Other Loans: During the year the pools generated and distributed €0.1 million, or ~4% of its YE 2020 NAV. In June the underlying assets of one of these 3 pools went under contract to be sold with closing expected in Q3 2021. The H1 2021 fair value reflects the impact of this offer which is expected to generate ~ €0.3 million to the Company (~19% of Q2’21 NAV).
- Additional Reserves: The Company reduced these reserves from €16.2 million to €15.4 million during the first half of the financial year. The reduction of €0.8 million reflects €0.9 million of reserves being utilised, in line with anticipated costs, and an increase of €0.1 million in the existing reserves in H1 2021.
SUBSEQUENTEVENT TO 30JUNE 2021
REFI V signed an additional 8% of units under contract and fully repaid the financing facility, leaving 10% of units remaining with closings expected by the end of the year.
|Income Statement for the Six and Three Months ended 30 June 2021 (unaudited)||H1 2021||Q2 2021|
|€ Thousands||€ Thousands|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||437||354|
|Real Estate Funds||1,809||1,316|
|Fair value movement on Italian investments||2,246||1,670|
|Fair value movements on residual Legacy entities||28||-|
|Gain / (loss) on foreign currency translation||-||(1)|
|Manager base and incentive fees||96||50|
|Remaining operating expenses||867||501|
|Other Operating expenses||963||551|
|Net profit for the period||1,311||1,118|
|€ per share||0.71||0.60|
Balance Sheet and Adjusted NAV Reconciliation as at30 June 2021 (unaudited)
|Cash and cash equivalents||-||26,324||26,324|
|Italian NPLs & Other Loans||1,630||-||1,630|
|Real Estate Funds||6,444||-||6,444|
|Trade and other payables||-||1,212||1,212|
|Manager base and incentive fees||-||55||55|
|Adjusted NAV (€ per share)6||4.35||5.25||9.60|
1 In light of the Realisation Plan announced in November 2019, the Adjusted NAV as at 30 June 2021 reflects additional reserves for future costs and potential liabilities, which have not been accounted for under the IFRS NAV. No commitments for these future costs and potential liabilities existed as at 30 June 2021.The IFRS NAV, as at 30 June 2021, is €33.2 million, or €17.86 per share.
2 Per share calculations for Eurocastle throughout this document are based on 1.9 million shares.
3 After taking into account payment in Q1 2021 of €0.54 per share of 2020 capital distribution.
4 Reflects corporate cash net of liabilities and additional reserves.
5 In light of the Realisation Plan, the Adjusted NAV as at 30 June 2021 reflects the additional reserves for future costs and potential liabilities of €15.4 million which have not been accounted for under the IFRS NAV.
6 Amounts per share calculated on 1.9 million outstanding ordinary shares.
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of the Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014.
For investment portfolio information, please refer to the Company’s most recent Financial Report, which is available on the Company’s website (www.eurocastleinv.com).
Eurocastle Investment Limited (“Eurocastle” or the “Company”) is a publicly traded closed-ended investment company, focused on Italian performing and non-performing loans, Italian loan servicing platforms and other real estate related assets in Italy. On 18 November 2019, the Company announced a plan to realise the majority of its assets with the aim of accelerating the return of value to shareholders. The Company will not currently seek material new investments from the proceeds of the realisation but will continue to support its existing investments to the extent required in order to optimise returns and distribute cash to shareholders when available (the “Realisation Plan”). For more information regarding Eurocastle Investment Limited and to be added to our email distribution list, please visit www.eurocastleinv.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release contains statements that constitute forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, future commitments to sell real estate and achievement of disposal targets, availability of investment and divestment opportunities, timing or certainty of completion of acquisitions and disposals, the operating performance of our investments and financing needs. Forward-looking statements are generally identifiable by use of forward-looking terminology such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “potential”, “intend”, “expect”, “endeavor”, “seek”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “overestimate”, “underestimate”, “believe”, “could”, “project”, “predict”, "project", “continue”, “plan”, “forecast” or other similar words or expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions, discuss future expectations, describe future plans and strategies, contain projections of results of operations or of financial condition or state other forward-looking information. The Company’s ability to predict results or the actual effect of future plans or strategies is limited. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, its actual results and performance may differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the Company’s actual results in future periods to differ materially from forecasted results or stated expectations including the risks regarding Eurocastle’s ability to declare dividends or achieve its targets regarding asset disposals or asset performance.To view this piece of content from www.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
To view this piece of content from ml-eu.globenewswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
One Liberty Plaza - 165 Broadway
NY 10006 New York
GlobeNewswire is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
Subscribe to releases from GlobeNewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from GlobeNewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from GlobeNewswire
Another important step for dLab and Dala Energi28.9.2021 09:00:00 CEST | Press release
We are happy to announce that our journey with Dala Energi takes yet another important step! The product dAnalyzer Lite from cleantech company Dlaboratory Sweden AB (dLab), are being integrated to one more station, Lindan. Dala Energi's business concept is to offer solutions in energy and digital communication that help people and companies live and develop in our countryside in an easy, efficient, and sustainable way and dLab is happy to support Dala Energi in realizing their mission. dLab’s dInsight Analytics Platform provides a decision support system including a broad set of features and services. One of these features is dAnalyzer, collecting grid data from its minimal hardware, completely independent of age and make, including high-resolution sensors. The data is analyzed and put into meaningful context through a web-based interface; thereby enabling proactive fault detection as well as proactive maintenance. In modern substations equipped with digital protection relays including
DNO Updates North Sea Drilling28.9.2021 08:27:36 CEST | Press release
Oslo, 28 September 2021 – DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today reported an oil discovery on the Gomez prospect in its operated PL006C license offshore Norway. The exploration well encountered hydrocarbons in the primary target in the Våle Formation of Paleocene Age. The reservoir is a 23 meters thick, homogeneous sandstone of poor to moderate quality. A small amount of oil was recovered during logging. The oil/water contact was not encountered. Based on preliminary assessments, there is uncertainty whether the reservoir can be commercially produced and no estimate of recoverable volumes has been established at this stage. DNO holds a 65 percent interest in the PL006C license and together with its partner Aker BP (35 percent) will study the extensive data collected during the operation before deciding next steps. In a separate announcement, Equinor as operator of license PL159B (DNO 32 percent) has reported that the recently completed Black Vulture exploration well did not
Statkraft sells Andershaw Wind Farm and retains long-term management role28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Press release
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC has purchased 100% of Statkraft’s ownership in Andershaw Wind Farm - Statkraft to retain long-term operations and maintenance as well as asset management - The two companies have also signed an extension of the existing PPA agreement (UK and Norway, 28 Sept 2021) Statkraft, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, has today announced the sale of Andershaw Wind Farm in Scotland, to Greencoat UK Wind PLC for a purchase price of £121m (including cash and working capital). Statkraft, who together with Catamount Energy*, began joint development of the project in 2006 and operation in 2017, will maintain day-to-day operation and maintenance, as well as asset management responsibilities until 2037. The company has also negotiated an extension of its existing long-term market access power purchase agreement. * Andershaw Wind Farm (36 MW installed capacity), south of Glasgow, produces enough energy to meet the annual needs of about 26,000 homes. Eivind Torblaa, Vi
Statkraft selger Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland og fortsetter å drifte vindparken28.9.2021 08:10:13 CEST | Pressemelding
- Greencoat UK Wind PLC har kjøpt hele Andershaw Wind Farm fra Statkraft - Statkraft vil levere alle drifts- og vedlikeholdstjenester for vindparken til Greencoat UK Wind - Partene har også forlenget en eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtale (Oslo/London, 28. september 2021) Statkraft, Europas største produsent av fornybar energi, har solgt Andershaw Wind Farm i Skottland til Greencoat UK Wind PLC for 121 millioner pund, inkludert kontanter og arbeidskapital. Statkraft startet utviklingen av prosjektet i 2006 og vindparken ble satt i drift i 2017. I forbindelse med salget er det avtalt at Statkraft skal fortsette å drifte anlegget, samt levere alle vedlikeholds- og eieroppfølgingstjenester til Greencoat fram til 2037. En forlengelse av den eksisterende kraftkjøpsavtalen er også avtalt. Vindparken som ligger sør for Glasgow har elleve turbiner, en samlet installert effekt på 36 MW og produserer nok fornybar energi til å dekke forbruket i rundt 26.000 britiske husstander. Eivind Torblaa, Vice Pre
Teledyne to showcase comprehensive portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology at Vision 202128.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teledyne, a part of Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY], and a global leader in machine vision technology, will exhibit their newest technologies at Vision 2021 taking place October 5-7, 2021 in Stuttgart, Germany. Teledyne will display the world’s most comprehensive, vertically integrated portfolio of industrial and scientific imaging technology including the latest from newly acquired Teledyne FLIR. Visit the Teledyne booth and explore the unmatched capabilities and products from Teledyne’s DALSA, e2v, FLIR, and Lumenera business units. Your one source for unlimited vision will be on display at Stand 8 B10. Teledyne will participate in the Industrial Vision Days with keynote and technology presentations taking place Wednesday, October 6, 2021: At 9:20 AM join Teledyne DALSA’s Matthias Sonder delivering his presentation entitled “Clarity at High Speed” At 4:20 PM be sure to attend Teledyne e2v’s Sergio Morillas speaking about “Highly r
Ahold Delhaize share buyback update28.9.2021 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Zaandam, the Netherlands, September 28, 2021 – Ahold Delhaize has repurchased 606,980 of Ahold Delhaize common shares in the period from September 20, 2021 up to and including September 24, 2021. The shares were repurchased at an average price of €28.55 per share for a total consideration of €17.3 million. These repurchases were made as part of the €1 billion share buyback program announced on November 4, 2020. The total number of shares repurchased under this program to date is 28,367,721 common shares for a total consideration of € 690.4 million. Download the share buyback transactions excel sheet for detailed individual transaction information from https://www.aholddelhaize.com/en/investors/share-buyback-programs/2021/ This press release is issued in connection with the disclosure and reporting obligation set out in Article 2(2) of the EU Regulation that contains technical standards for buyback programs.
ASM INTERNATIONAL HOSTS INVESTOR DAY, UPDATES Q3 2021 GUIDANCE28.9.2021 07:45:00 CEST | Press release
Almere, The Netherlands September 28, 2021, 7:45 a.m. CET ASM International N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) today hosts its 2021 Investor Day. ASM today also announces that the order intake in Q3 2021 is expected to exceed previous guidance. ASM holds today its Investor Day. During this event ASM’s management will provide an update on the company’s strategy, how we are going to create value and drive growth through innovation Highlights include: Targeting revenue of €2.8-€3.4 billion by 2025 (2020-2025 CAGR of 16%-21%), gross margins of 46%-50% in 2021-2025, and operating margins of 26%-31% in 2021-2025;Targeting Net Zero emissions by 2035 and 100% renewable electricity by 2024;1Single-wafer ALD market expected to increase from $1.5 billion in 2020 to $3.1-3.7 billion by 2025;Further capacity expansion of our new manufacturing facility to be production ready by early 2023. “I’m very excited to share the strong prospects for our company during our first Investor Day,” said Benjamin Loh,